PC Modding advice

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Razmirth

So it’s been a long time since I played Skyrim and figured I’d get into it again. This time around though, I have a much more up to date PC. So I wanna try some modding.

I’ve done some minor mods before, like better word map or litre things like that. But I really want to push wha Skyrim can do with my newish PC.

My specs are;

I5 6600k cpu, 4 cores overclocked to 4.4ghz
GTX 980 ti 6gb seahawk edition (own fan attacked)
8gb ddr4 ram
Windows 10

I really wanna transform Skyrim. Especially environments. I’m not too into making characters look like anime so kawai waifu characters walking around in bikinis. No, I want it to stay true to its fantasy settings but still look great.

Any advice on a good group of mods would be appreciated. Because when I type in “best Skyrim visual mods” on google, there’s thousands to choose from.

I'm on Xbox One so I can't offer you any PC advice. I'm currently using Skyland, Obsidian Weathers (highly recommended!) and some other bits and pieces.

There's a mod showcase YouTube channel called MxR mods that I used to find some of the mods I use. He's a bit... crass... But he does have an uncanny ability to find the best mods out there. I'd recommend checking it out - keep a notepad handy to write down any that look interesting!