Mod implementation?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

mainjimus

Can the creation kit for the PC be used to create a unique game experience ? OR is whatever you create only accessible by through the main game of Skyrim.. The only experience I have with modding is from Unreal Tournament about 6 years ago and I remember you could just load a level and play it.

Aside from that question, what do you think do you think would be the ideal specs for a PC if you wanted to get into modding this game.

If anyone is interested any concepts or story ideas for any mod they want to create I would love to collabrate with you, I already have some ideas rolling around inside my head. But I probably will not be getting a new PC untill after new years...til then im roaming Tamriel on the 360.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
you probably don't need any particular spec to mod the game but it would be helpful if your pc can at least run the game if you want to test out your mods yourself.

creation kit is just some modding tool which hopefully makes modding more accessible many other people. TES mods are very flexible... most of them just adds stuff into the main game but there are some mods that completely changes the entire game like the entire new territory, quests, races, and items. this video is an example

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
They haven't given any specific details out on the creation kit have they? Well the possibilities could be endless or they could be finite, it depends on how much freedom the kit will give you.

mainjimus

That game looks pretty cool, very immersing actually. I think those guys are right on, working on a game they want to play outside of the publisher limitations on what they can do.

After seeing how Skyrim plays I think I would just be interested in putting a effort into creating mods that just take advantage of the engine but arent nessarily related to the setting and mythology of Skyrim. But thanks hexperiment for letting me know its at least possible and turning me on to that Andoran Mod. I guess at this point I can just take it google check out what's already been done.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts