Mjoll vs. the giant = airborne!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JoeReese

Today, Mjoll learned a rather abrupt lesson in paying attention. We were sneaking up on an undiscovered giant camp, when I took a slight uphill left and positioned myself behind a large rock. After a second or so, I watched her keep right on sneaking up to the giant, who promptly helped her achieve flight.

After I changed into clean shorts, I watched Mjoll's second attempt and realized she really isn't very much good with her beloved Grimsever. I had upsmithed it for her a while back, but I noticed she always used a warhammer or whatever two-handed weapon I asked her to hold, so I took them all away from her to force her to use the better weapon. She just kind of stands there, blocking with her shield and I suppose looking menacing with Grimsever in her hand, but she didn't attack him with it. He punished her quite a bit the second time, and I swear he even left-handed pimpslapped her, while still waving his club in his right. I wound up dispatching a Dremora Lord to help her take down the giant, and then I ran up and gave her back her hammer before we went after the second giant.

Oh yeah...and looted him. :)

With the second giant, Mjoll fared a lot better. With her hammer, she at least attacks. He didn't exactly go belly up easily, but she prevailed in the end. I guess Grimsever is more of a novelty to her. With a two-handed weapon, she really shows 'em how it's done. Leaving the last Companions quest, we actually stumbled on a small overlook which had a Daedric greatsword in it, so she's now armed with that. We'll see if she takes any more flights on Giant airlines.

PrisonerLizzie

Well, according to her story she never said she actually attacked the cut throat with Grimsever only that she drew it on him and he soiled his armor.

Prometheus

Did the giant actually kill her with the flying lesson? because Mjoll is an essential character did she just land somewhere else.

JoeReese

She just landed somewhere else, but she zips across the screen and out of sight when he lands a solid hit. It takes her 30 sec. or so to get back in the fight.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts