• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
They ganged up on him. Even a PC dohvakiin would have a hard time with more than four dragons, but Miraak killed 10 or so when they were attacking his temple, he crazy!
Still i think if alduin could have betan him by himself though and he is kinda a dragon.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
Still i think if alduin could have betan him by himself though and he is kinda a dragon.

Exactly! When we first met, Miraak said something along the lines of "Pfft I could've beaten Alduin myself if I wanted to." I was like, yeah, right, and here you are cowering in a plane of Oblivion instead of destroying Alduin and becoming one of the most famous figures in history...

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Exactly! When we first met, Miraak said something along the lines of "Pfft I could've beaten Alduin myself if I wanted to." I was like, yeah, right, and here you are cowering in a plane of Oblivion instead of destroying Alduin and becoming one of the most famous figures in history...

Well, he was stuck there. We prevented his escape by blowing up the structures that were still under construction.

They ganged up on him. Even a PC dohvakiin would have a hard time with more than four dragons, but Miraak killed 10 or so when they were attacking his temple, he crazy!
I think Miirak has some help. I don't think he killed all ten dragons at the same time. Or those were dragons that may have sided with Miirak. Who knows...

KattSand

Premium Member
I agree with the disappointment regarding his mask, I'm mean come on, that enchantment can be found anywhere. The robes are cool though, the tentacle explosion is nice when in melee combat, but one thing that's annoying as hell is when you get hit by a long range enemy attack like an arrow that triggers the effect, what's that all about? The enemies aren't even close!

Especially annoying if one plays as an archer an uses the steady hand perk, the tentacles disrupts the field of vision kind of like the ebony mail does when sneaking, so instead of having a clear shot at the enemy you have slimy tentacles doing a slow motion dance in your face.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
I think Miirak has some help. I don't think he killed all ten dragons at the same time. Or those were dragons that may have sided with Miirak. Who knows...

Miraak was never said to have any dragons. In fact, in a time when people worshiped them he was said to "devour them". If you were a dragon would you have served him to face danger from both the other dragons and Miraak himself or joined the dragon cult and receive worship and tribute. He only has dragons now because they're endangered and looking for power wherever it lies.

But he could have dealt with Alduin back when he was still on Nirn, but that little pu**y uses that dumb "I chose a different path" excuse.

Yup, he's a total wimp, he took down 10 dragons when they assaulted his temple en force. Do you HONESTLY think that he could have taken Alduin down during the height of the dragon cult? Effectively going against all the dragons AND nords in Skyrim? I don't think so.

Miraak was never said to have any dragons. In fact, in a time when people worshiped them he was said to "devour them". If you were a dragon would you have served him to face danger from both the other dragons and Miraak himself or joined the dragon cult and receive worship and tribute. He only has dragons now because they're endangered and looking for power wherever it lies.

Yup, he's a total wimp, he took down 10 dragons when they assaulted his temple en force. Do you HONESTLY think that he could have taken Alduin down during the height of the dragon cult? Effectively going against all the dragons AND nords in Skyrim? I don't think so.
Alduin could have killed him by him self he wouldent even need the dragons to help him though it would have been a hell of a fight.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Alduin could have killed him by him self he woouldent even need the dragons to help him though it would have been a hell of a fight.

Try to understand... Alduin was the leader of the dragon cult (which controlled the whole of Skyrim at the moment). Just like IRL leaders of nations are protected by those that surround them.
Like how when the dohvakiin beat Alduin at the Throat of the World and he escaped and forced the dohvakiin to fight through more of his dragon cult dragur and dragons.
Alduin had an entire nation of nords and dragons to protect him, no single person, dohvakiin or not, could have ever taken him down.

Try to understand... Alduin was the leader of the dragon cult (which controlled the whole of Skyrim at the moment). Just like IRL leaders of nations are protected by those that surround them.
Like how when the dohvakiin beat Alduin at the Throat of the World and he escaped and forced the dohvakiin to fight through more of his dragon cult dragur and dragons.
Alduin had an entire nation of nords and dragons to protect him, no single person, dohvakiin or not, could have ever taken him down.
I know im saying alduin could have killed mirrak without his army he could have kill him on his own.

Have you forgotten he knew how to bend the will of dragons? That was kind of the main point of Miirak, that he was so powerful that even dragons bent to his will. Also, Miirak WAS a dragon cultist. And when I said "help", I didn't mean just from dragons.

Well...He obviously belived that he could take Alduin. Of course I KNEW he wouldn't be able to, mainly because if he could have taken him he would have done it.

Just picture this, Miirak and Alduin are in the same time period. Miirak CLAIMS he could have killed Alduin, but did he? No, he didn't. Instead he uses that stupid excuse "I chose a different path" to cover his panzy ass.

To conclude, I don't know where you were going with the whole "He killed ten dragons" thing. You sir, just contradicted yourself. My whole point was, Miirak was a big panzy who likes to bluff. He claimed he could have killed Alduin, he should've done it if he could have. The reason he didn't is because he couldn't.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
I was SAYING that he was not "a total wimp", as you so specifically put it, and that he could not have overpowered Alduin. It doesn't matter that he was in the dragon cult because Alduin WAS the dragon cult. Miraak obviously had a falling out when instead of worshipping dragons, HE BENT THEM TO HIS WILL AND KILLED THEM, causing them to assault his temple and BURN IT TO THE GROUND.

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
Vahlok the Jailer

It says here that Vahlok killed him. So Miraak couldn't be all that strong.

It says he defeated him, not killed him. HE watched Miraak after he was banished to Solstheim.

Maybe, he got more powerful after being stuck in Apocropha(not sure if thats the right spelling). I mean, he certainly put up more of a fight then Alduin in my game. I think if he got out during the events of Dragonborn, Miraak could have killed him.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
It says he defeated him, not killed him. HE watched Miraak after he was banished to Solstheim.

Maybe, he got more powerful after being stuck in Apocropha(not sure if thats the right spelling). I mean, he certainly put up more of a fight then Alduin in my game. I think if he got out during the events of Dragonborn, Miraak could have killed him.

Gameplay =/= lore. Be sure to make that distinction. In lore Alduin can destroy the very world while Miraak is some no-name new dragon priest for the Dragonborn expansion.

Vahlok the Jailer

It says here that Vahlok killed him. So Miraak couldn't be all that strong.
I think mirrak was weak from fighting dragons when vahlok the jalier beat him because i dont see any dragon priest beating miraak at full power.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
A dragon priest jailed him. No mortal defeated him.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts