• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rhubarb&Custard

I'm pretty sure it's a body as he isn't a vampire. But after Herma-Mora killed him with the tentacles his remains were there in the center for me to loot. His gear looks cool, but of course, is already enchanted, therefore useless :\ Although, his weapons were pretty cool.
I didn't see him. :confused:
There was just the book at the centre and the perk clearing clouds.

Well, the perk clearing clouds don't appear until after you've already killed him, left the realm, and then read the book to come back again. If you don't loot him immediately after the fight then you can't.

GLenn

I have got a other problem as he wont get impaled by hermeaus mora and gets glitched under the map

Ash_Battle-Born

Okay I bought the dragonborn DLC yesterday and I finally made it to the Miraak glitch part today and couldnt get past it for hours until now.
This fix involves doing 2 things. When you first board the dragon to fly to the summit start the fight with Miraak until he gets to the part where he goes into the etheral form where he doesnt move.
Note that he doesnt move becuase his health doesnt fully go to 100% after he absorbed the first dragon, use the bendwill power on the dragon you first boarded. Use a magic spell like Firebolt etc. (I used incarnate)and get the other dragon flying around health low enough until he lands,
land the dragon you are flying on and kill the dragon that you just got out of the air. His soul will then go into Miraak making him 100% now lower Miraaks health again and
he will go into the same state after absorbing your dragon you used to get there, Hide behind a pile of books until you are hidden and zoom the camera out to see his
status.When he gets 100% health he will eventually leave the middle and begin walking around go in and defeat him and this time the Hermious Mora (or whatever his name is) will come and finish
Miraak off. After you absorbed Miraaks soul loot his body for his weapons and armor then read the black book that pops up to be returned to the main land.
Note this only works on the glitch (glitch #2) where he doesnt move, not the you absorbing the dragon soul instead of him (glitch #1). I did this on the XBOX 360 Idk about other platforms
If this works for you please try to spread the word and Idk about the 3 men coming and attacking him part you mention but this will definatly work if you did it
exactly how I explained. HOPE IT WORKS!

Also try to make sure you reload your save to the part where you learn the last word of Dragon Aspect and board the dragon to the summit.

Fredcat

Edit - see my post later in the thread for a better way to do this, though this is how I did it the first time. The multiple actor ID's and corpse being busy bug makes this method unreliable.

Ok after about 12 hours of experimenting and googling I was finally able to get through this quest. My main is level 71 and this was very frustrating as all I wanted to do is finish this quest and continue adventuring and getting the last 5 achievements I am missing. My solution required cheating and console commands, but at least I was able to advance this quest. I take consolation in the fact that I can destroy Miraak in 1 dual wield attack anyway. This is PC only.

First fight to the point where you get glitched and Miraak is stuck ethereal.

In my game he was stuck 1 level below me in the center of the map.

Open the console and use the TCL command for no clipping.

Go down one level and you will see Miraak just standing there invulnerable.

Open the console and use the kill command. You type kill then the actor ID. Supposedly you should just be able to click on the actor and get the ID. In my experience this is inaccurate. Google Miraak and try the various ID's on the wiki's. The first two numbers vary depending on the content you have installed. Eventually you will find the correct ID and he will drop dead then you can loot him. I'm pretty sure the UESPWiki was the more accurate of the wikis.

At this point you have to use setstage DLC2MQ06 550 This will advance the quest to the point where it says you completed. You will miss the cut scenes but at least you can advance the quest. I watched them on youtube so I don't feel so bad.

Now you're gonna still be stuck in Miraaks world (whatever it's called lol)

Use setstage again. I'm not sure what number advanced the quest but I tried 560, 570, 580, 590, 600, etc. Eventually I hit the correct number and the book spawned in the middle of the platform.

At this point you can read the book and reset perks and read it again to leave the zone as normal. When you exit immediately save the game so you don't have to go through this nonsense again and can continue playing normally. Hope this helps someone. This was really irritating me as I have over 500 hours into this game mostly on one character, and I could not advance without cheating.

Etzel

Ok after about 12 hours of experimenting and googling I was finally able to get through this quest. My main is level 71 and this was very frustrating as all I wanted to do is finish this quest and continue adventuring and getting the last 5 achievements I am missing. My solution required cheating and console commands, but at least I was able to advance this quest. I take consolation in the fact that I can destroy Miraak in 1 dual wield attack anyway. This is PC only.

First fight to the point where you get glitched and Miraak is stuck ethereal.

In my game he was stuck 1 level below me in the center of the map.

"This step is only required if you want his loot"

Open the console and use the TCL command for no clipping.

Go down one level and you will see Miraak just standing there invulnerable.

Open the console and use the kill command. You type kill then the actor ID. Supposedly you should just be able to click on the actor and get the ID. In my experience this is inaccurate. Google Miraak and try the various ID's on the wiki's. The first two numbers vary depending on the content you have installed. Eventually you will find the correct ID and he will drop dead then you can loot him. I'm pretty sure the UESPWiki was the more accurate of the wikis.

At this point you have to use setstage DLC2MQ06 550 This will advance the quest to the point where it says you completed. You will miss the cut scenes but at least you can advance the quest. I watched them on youtube so I don't feel so bad.

Now you're gonna still be stuck in Miraaks world (whatever it's called lol)

Use setstage again. I'm not sure what number advanced the quest but I tried 560, 570, 580, 590, 600, etc. Eventually I hit the correct number and the book spawned in the middle of the platform.

At this point you can read the book and reset perks and read it again to leave the zone as normal. When you exit immediately save the game so you don't have to go through this nonsense again and can continue playing normally. Hope this helps someone. This was really irritating me as I have over 500 hours into this game mostly on one character, and I could not advance without cheating.

I tried your steps but it didn't work. Actually, kill command is not working. I tried every type of ID but nothing. Clicked on the actor to get id, used every ids on UESPWiki and ES wikia page.

I did DLC2MQ06 500 and then 580 but it says, I can't read the book while fighting.

What Am I missing?

Fredcat

I tried your steps but it didn't work. Actually, kill command is not working. I tried every type of ID but nothing. Clicked on the actor to get id, used every ids on UESPWiki and ES wikia page.

I did DLC2MQ06 500 and then 580 but it says, I can't read the book while fighting.

What Am I missing?

Ya I got the fighting bug too, forgot about that, so I guess you do have to kill him first.

Did you try the ID's below? I had to experiment so much it may have been one of these ones from the other wiki.

Ref ID xx01FB99
Base ID xx01FB98

The xx in the front varies depending on how many expansions you have installed and the load order. I have all of them so every code that has xx in the front xx is replaced with 06. The easiest way for you to find out what your code is would be to use player.additem for something like stalhrim which would be xx02b06b y (y = quantity). Replace xx with 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, until you find your games code. You'll know you have the right one when you see the message in the top left saying item was added to your inventory.

When I get home tonight I will try to duplicate this again and get definitive codes for a couple of the steps I was unclear on, then I'll edit the original post and respond to the thread again.

Fredcat

Ok, upon further testing tonight I found a much simpler more reliable way to clear this quest, get your achievements, and be able to loot Miraak.

Do the fight normally until Miraak gets glitched. In every one of the probably dozens of attempts I had of this quest he was stuck in the center 1 level down near the book.

Open the console, type setstage DLC2MQ06 550. This advances it past the point where he is supposed to be killed.

Open the console, type TLC. No clip to his body. Loot him if he is not in "busy" glitched state. If he is busy...

Open the console, target Miraak, type Openactorcontainer 1. Close console and you can loot him.

Open the console, type setstage DLC2MQ06 580. This will make the book rise to the first level.

Read the book, this will open a bunch of books in a circle where you can reset perk trees. You can reset as many as you want it seems as long as you have a dragon soul.

Read the book again and you will be ported back to the Skaal village. Save game.

I tested this multiple times so this should work.

And just to reiterate, I hate to do this sort of thing. But for all we know it will be months before this bug is fixed. I want the dragon riding, achievements, loot, and quest cleared now. If the quest actually worked I would have destroyed it, this game has much harder quests then this. And just FYI, the unofficial dragonborn patch did not fix this for me, that was the first thing I tried.

Hope this helps someone who was as frustrated as me with this quest being broken.

Etzel

Firstly, thank you for your efforts to help us.

I couldn't make it again. Here what I did step by step : When Miraak glitched, I opened console and wrote setstage DLC2MQ06 550. It said that quest completed. Then I wrote TCL but I can't find Miraak's body and He was standing in the middle of circle and stuck ethernal. I tried to loot him with openactorcontainer 1 but there is nothing except my bolts. I tried my chance with DLC2MQ06 580. The book revealed but it says ''you can't read this book while in combat'' again.

Here my photos that I took. Maybe I am missing something.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Fredcat

Not sure if anyone has said this already.
SOLUTION: Install the Unofficial Dragonborn patch. Completely fixes it.
Just FYI, it didn't fix it for me, that was the first thing I tried.
Firstly, thank you for your efforts to help us.

I couldn't make it again. Here what I did step by step : When Miraak glitched, I opened console and wrote setstage DLC2MQ06 550. It said that quest completed. Then I wrote TCL but I can't find Miraak's body and He was standing in the middle of circle and stuck ethernal. I tried to loot him with openactorcontainer 1 but there is nothing except my bolts. I tried my chance with DLC2MQ06 580. The book revealed but it says ''you can't read this book while in combat'' again.

Here my photos that I took. Maybe I am missing something.

Sorry to hear that, I don't think your missing something. It seems our glitches are a bit different, this game is so buggy. Every time my game glitched Miraak was standing in the center but 1 level below me where the book is before it surfaces. And when I typed the setstage DLC2MQ06 550 He turned into a skeleton and I absorbed his souls. Nothing shows in his inventory at all in my games until after he turns into a skeleton. It looks to me like the DLC2MQ06 550 advanced the quest but didn't kill him in your game. You may have too fool with the kill command some more. First thing I would try is save after the two setstages exit to windows the reload, see if your still stuck in combat.

One thing I noticed. When in console with Miraak targeted if I move my mouse wheel it changed actor ID's. I'm pretty sure the 2 times I got the kill command to work I was trying the various ID's that showed scrolling the mouse wheel. As far as I can tell the game wont advance till Miraak looks like a skeleton or is dead and lootable like a normal corpse. You could also try the setstage DLC2MQ06 550 right at the beginning. Miraak will just stand there like an idiot until you beat him down, then he will absorb the three dragon souls and his script will stop. Maybe try that and see if you can use the openactorcontainor 1 or kill command at that point. Honestly his loot is not great and nothing I would use at my level. You may want to just see if you can clear the quest then try to add the loot later with player.additem codes.

Etzel

I tried to load game after setstage command but nothing changed. Kill command didn't work as well. It seems like I have to wait for patch :sadface: I have no save before the last quest. Many thanks for your help. For a chance, I will try to delete and re-install the skyrim and dlc again.

gnickl

Hi, just wanted to say that LuciousLuzz is right. If you're on PC you need to install the unnoficial Dragonborn patch. I installed it, loaded a save where I was on the dragon flying towards Miraak. Landed and killed him without any glitches (I had tried like 20 times previously, including sneaking/killing slowly etc and nothing worked).

here's the link to the patch. Download it. Enjoy :)
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community

Xanithar

Last thing I like doing online is bitching about something. So many people do it that it often ruins online content. But in this situation, I have been waiting sooo very patiently for the Miraak glitch to be fixed. Once a week I put Skyrim in to see if a patch has come through. I even try to get past Miraak, but there is no getting past the glitch in my constant struggle to surpass it. This DLC came out in what December? It's now February 19th. I know as a company they have a lot of working titles to produce. However.... Many of us have paid 20$ for this DLC and have not been able to advance. It's very frustrating indeed. If I would have know this, I would have spent my 20 bucks on part of another full sized game. I barely even have the urge to play skyrim now. This glitch has kind of ruined the game play for me. I as many others would appreciate Bethesda to get this issue corrected. It's obviously a programming glitch. As many titles as you would come out with, I would think a patch for this would not be so time consumning to release. Then again I don't work for video game companies and have no clue what kind of road blocks are keeping them from fixing this problem. But I think it should be more aggressively addressed to fix. Not saying I hate Bethesda. You guys make some really great games. But please for the love of the gamer, the consumner and all your followers... PLEASE Work on Fixing this Glitch. It's ruining Skyrim for me and many others

mickmock

I appreciate the community effort to assist in fixing this bug but the bottom line is that there are indeed two separate glitches going on, and that fact should be understood before wasting any time trying to bypass the bug.
Firstly I’m really , really disappointed in Bethesda for not even acknowledging the bug/glitch in the Miraak boss battle on their support or community forums. That is the most basic form of customer / public relations. People spent good money on this game and then spent real-life hours only to reach what could be an insurmountable glitch without a Bethesda patch.
As many of the other threads around the web note, the worst of the two glitches occurs when you install the DLC before installing the most recent skyrim patch. The order of the installation actually matters. Installing the DLC and THEN patching the game with the most recent patch actually breaks those boss scripts. The clearest indicator of this was that you probably weren’t able to find the boat after you first installed the DLC until you patched the game. Most likely you spent a while searching the docks and waiting to be visited by the cultists etc…Remember that? When this didn’t happen that’s when you most likely patched your game. If this scenario sounds familiar you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO KILL Miraak no matter what you do. Smaller weapons, killing/not killing dragons, invulning, insta-blinking him- none of this matters. What will happen repeatedly is that you will absorb the dragons souls instead of Miraak , causing him to keep invluning. I even tried to do the hide trick (if you hide long enough he’ll exit his invlun stage) but it doesn’t matter either- because he’ll keep going back into invuln every time you attempt to kill him. He HAS to absorb the dragon souls or the boss battle cannot end.
The other scenario is that you DID install the patch before the DLC. In this case your glitch is less serious. You can just dicker around with highly nerfed attacks until he dies. It’ll take longer , just watch how hard you hit him.
That’s it. Basically scenario 1 folks are going to have to wait for a patch or alternately UNINSTALL the whole DLC and start from scratch from the beginning of the DLC. I’m not willing to do that. I’m hoping people will give Bethesda hell until they release a statement. And that’s really all they’d have to do to help their customers out is give them an idea of when there will be a patch and let us know they’re actually working on one. I’m really appalled that they haven’t done this small thing… really- how hard is that?

Thank you! I have tried everything and no luck and now understand why. I did the exact steps you described. I've noticed a couple of other very minor bugs maybe related . . . can't marry the blacksmith at Thirsk Mead Hall and no option to give Sapphire the letter found in her deadbeat dad's cellar.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
The only glitch I came across was a laughable main storyline boss. He was a big wimp for most maxed characters as far as I know. He was definitely a wimp imho...

kill all the dragons first the miraak this work for m
I tried to load game after setstage command but nothing changed. Kill command didn't work as well. It seems like I have to wait for patch :sadface: I have no save before the last quest. Many thanks for your help. For a chance, I will try to delete and re-install the skyrim and dlc again.
e or kill miraak let him regenerate helth with 2 dragons then kill the 3rd before hes in ghost form = ]

Etzel

Finally, I could manage to finish the quest despite of the glitch. But, a big but, I couldn't loot Miraak's equipments. As I said before, I tried almost every method to finish this quest. Console codes, fighting Miraak slowly... My solution again with console commands but it is a little different. I wrote setstage dlc2mq06 (or something like that) 500 and then setstage dlc2mq06 580 and book revealed but I couldn't read the book because of the Miraak was seen as an enemy.

The solution is; click on Miraak when you in console. Miraak's code must be seem like xx01fb99. Mine was 0401fb99. Anyway, when you click, write setstage dlc2mq06 500. Miraak will stop the fight. Then write Disable on console. Miraak must be disappeared. then write setstage dlc2mq06 580. Now you can read the book. But don't forget to save your game before the start my way. Maybe Official patch will be released, I hope :)

Haru17

Lost Falmer
reload. Also are you doing any damage to the dragons? if you hit them you absorb the soul. I had it happen once

When killed the dragons would always enter their scripted path to Miraak absorbing their soul(s). At least that's how it happened for me (xbox). I had a similar glitch where Miraak would stay etherial forever, I think it happens if you damage him too quickly. I was able to resolve it by killing the dragons and letting Miraak absorb their souls, healing him and releasing him from become etherial.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts