Microsoft, Taking over the Gaming/PC world! EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THIS!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!
How Microsoft plans to dominate the gaming industries
By Hotty Squirrel

When the original Xbox 360 came out Microsoft plans to sell at least 200,000 gaming consoles went through, Now that they see that there a lot more people playing video games they move that sale margarine to 2 million people so how will they accomplish this?

Xbox 720(or 8)- This machine is suppose to the last console microsoft wants to making because it has an infinite life cycle (for people who dont know what that means, it will never go out of date, An example of an ended life cycle is the NES, SNES, N64 ect.) Now there was rumores that microsoft is putting in a $500 graphics card that is an AMD Radeon 7000 series. Now the AMD Eye Infinity we all know (or atleast geeks do) can run up to 6 monitors at once and is the first graphics card that can run a billion pixels. Now if thats the graphics card microsoft is using which also cost $500 then we can see a console that can literally run any game at any caliber on the highest definition possible. Prosessor or RAM i dont have info on that but graphics card may be correct. If they use the eye infinity then they can pull an SUPER HD version of the Wii U, you can run both screens in HD plus have more then one friend play on separate tablets. Imagine having up to 4 players on tv and another 4 on tablets just on one system without fail.This is just info im pulling out of my ass but if they use the eye infinity then​
anything is possible.​
Xbox Surface Tablet- G4 has announced that microsoft is possibly making a surface tablet just for the xbox, it sounds like how nintendo made the wii u with its own table. Its suppose to run at 720P HD and somehow connect to the xbox.. about 7" (wii u tablet is 6") but might be expensive as hell. Now what would the xbox tablet do? Well lets say you can connect it to the​
xbox using smarglass and do basically everything that the wii u does but more, its suppose to have high bandwith ram compasity so it can run HD games as in streaming. It needs to have a strong wifi support to run with the xbox virtually without fail i guess not alot of information sorry.​
Streaming Games- Now onlive already invented streaming games with cloud connection. The guy who invented it literally went bankrupt through bad investments and literally had to sell the company and the new guy fired everyone except the skeleton crew (which is all the people he needs to run it). Microsoft is said that they hired all the dumped employees, Which means​
that microsoft is planning on using them to make streaming games for them. What can i do with streaming games and what devices can i do it with? Literally any devices you have as in Cell Phones, Tablets, PC's/Laptops and possibly smart tv's. If you have an HD device then you can literally run the games in HD quality the better internet you have the better the quality.​
You need at least (My estimation) 10 MBPS of internet to run it, onlive uses 5 but i have 5 and it sucks especialy if you mess up your interet 1 time then you literally screwed yourself. What can microsoft achieve with streaming games? it'll make everyone want to buy a microsoft branded product as in cell phones, tablets, and more. Will microsoft be able to afford streaming games? Yes they will if they make it to where you have to buy xbox live membership to be able to play it on all your devices. Microsoft makes about (this is an estimate on 20 milliuon users with xbox live gold) 1 billion dollars a year just on xbox live gold not including advertisments and everyone who has to pay rent for their space on the xbox live dashboard and apps as in netflix hulu plus, sysfy, ect.​
Windows 8- Microsoft has been pushing windows 8 and changing everything that they own to run windows 8 so everything can be connected, thats why when you have windows 8 you need to connect to your windows live account (i think thats what its called) so everything you use can sync automatically so you know what exacly going on. They're basically trying to run your whole life through the power of computers. People who wants to put any games on the microsft store as in app style games or anything like that has to pay microsft as well.​

EVERYTHING HERE IS RUMORED!! you can leave a comment and tell me what you think might happen, this is my prediction on what will happen within the next 2 years so just keep your eyes out, this took a lot of research and a lot of knowledge on marketing strategies so if you like that then i know I'm awesome :p... I don't know what other companies are gonna do when/if this happens, i don't know if Microsoft will be using disk until their next cycle of a new gen console comes out but we just have to wait and see.

RUMORED!! before you start reading all this crap, I'm just letting you know that i don't like this site that i posted up but it has a lot of information, some of it is just down right retarted in some area (not the links i posted anyways just if you surf through the website you'll see) if you think all of this is bull then you need to read what i posted about windows 8 and how they are planning to make all Microsoft only products (i assume) to intergrade with each other using windows 8 like the surface, windows phone, Xbox live/smartglass, pc windows 8/ window live games. all of it will eventually be connected and a lot of these links explain why and a lot of the other links i just threw in there because they sounded interesting. Please no criticizing comments because i posted the links and i don't want you to feel like everything i said is a lie because if you think about it, we have all the technology and Microsoft has all the money to do this so watch your words carefully. i didn't post the Xbox live being free because i didn't find it and i don't care if it is or isn't, not expensive anyways ps3 users are just cry babies about $60 a year which isn't plops.. anyways please enjoy :)

Here's some links because everyone is begging about it:

Xbox 720 - Release Date, News, Rumors. Everything.

Xbox 720 - Release Date, News, Rumors. Everything. (this one sounded interesting so i threw it in there, just wanted to see what people think)

Xbox 720 (Rumored) Wiki Guide - IGN

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Where are your sources? You said you've done the research. I would like to see where you got your information.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
You've been smoking too much drugs. Everyone knows Google is going to take over the world.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
Dude, I've been using Windows 8 ever since the beta, and I'm planning on buying it, it doesn't require every file to by run IOS, becaus that is Apple's operating system for their handhelds, and I'm also pretty sure companies like Battlenet and Arenanet and Valve, specially Valve have ways of switching game file types if the previous statement was true, which it's not. xBox Live will probably never, ever be free, do you have any idea how much money they make off of that? Even if the streaming option would be highly unrealistic as currently wireless technologies aren't really up to snuff unless you're dishing out the hundreds of dollars for FIO's ultimate which is extremely unlikely. Plus in this day and age people don't want a "wired" connection (even if it's better, which it usually is if you're use CAT5e or CAT6 cables.) Do you have any idea how expensive Terrabyte drives are? If you're going the cheap route, about $100 per drive, and they're not exactly tiny either (not massive, but definitely larger than 160GB drives xBox slim's are currently shipping with (the higher end ones anyways).

That is just a short argument to the original post, I don't really want to turn this thread into an all out war or anything.

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!
Go look up the info yourself, I've done it because i was bored and tired... If you don't believe me then that's what you believe in but even the game informer said that a lot of companies like valve and battle.net are scarred of windows 8 because it could ruin their business, so go find the info yourself if you wanna argue some more, this is just what i found and is likely to happened if Microsoft wants to get to their 2 million mark for gamers. Go read last months game informer, and go look up the research of who Microsoft been hiring, when you put all those pieces together then you can find out whats a possible way they might do everything... and that's why i said a lot of the stuff i said was "RUMORED" i just found a lot of info from various websites and I'm not gonna post them all because it took me hours to find everything... Just research the Xbox 720, that's what i did. Just remember take out the competition and then there's no one left in your way.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Go look up the info yourself, I've done it because i was bored and tired... If you don't believe me then that's what you believe in but even the game informer said that a lot of companies like valve and battle.net are scarred of windows 8 because it could ruin their business, so go find the info yourself if you wanna argue some more, this is just what i found and is likely to happened if Microsoft wants to get to their 2 million mark for gamers. Go read last months game informer, and go look up the research of who Microsoft been hiring, when you put all those pieces together then you can find out whats a possible way they might do everything... and that's why i said a lot of the stuff i said was "RUMORED" i just found a lot of info from various websites and I'm not gonna post them all because it took me hours to find everything... Just research the Xbox 720, that's what i did. Just remember take out the competition and then there's no one left in your way.

Why should I do the research? If it's all rumors, then your whole articles is bollocks. And horribly written as well. And GameInformer isn't the best magazine to be reading anyway, I get the damn thing as well. It's just a thing to get people to get the Gamestop's rewards card and feel like they got something out of it.

Also, Microsoft won't be able to trump the competition. Sony might take a big hit, but Nintendo is the King of the Video Game Industry. Microsoft is still the baby among the current big three, they still have a lot to learn.

Also, if the supposed rumor of the next consoles for Sony and Microsoft won't be able to play used games, then Nintendo wins. I just HOPE Sony and Microsoft aren't that stupid, but you never know.

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!
i know what you mean, but this is my article and im sticking with it.... if it happens it happens, if not then everyone will be happy. But if it doesnt happen with this next gen console then it might in future gen console.. Just saying that the possibility just saying it'll eventually happen either now or in the future

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!
Dude, I've been using Windows 8 ever since the beta, and I'm planning on buying it, it doesn't require every file to by run IOS, becaus that is Apple's operating system for their handhelds, and I'm also pretty sure companies like Battlenet and Arenanet and Valve, specially Valve have ways of switching game file types if the previous statement was true, which it's not. xBox Live will probably never, ever be free, do you have any idea how much money they make off of that? Even if the streaming option would be highly unrealistic as currently wireless technologies aren't really up to snuff unless you're dishing out the hundreds of dollars for FIO's ultimate which is extremely unlikely. Plus in this day and age people don't want a "wired" connection (even if it's better, which it usually is if you're use CAT5e or CAT6 cables.) Do you have any idea how expensive Terrabyte drives are? If you're going the cheap route, about $100 per drive, and they're not exactly tiny either (not massive, but definitely larger than 160GB drives xBox slim's are currently shipping with (the higher end ones anyways).

That is just a short argument to the original post, I don't really want to turn this thread into an all out war or anything.

If you ever played Onlive you know you can stream video games from any device you have, ill post i video link: (
), view this video and it actually shows you what it can do as in streaming video games and based on your internet and some system requirements, it shows you how fast the game will run. and if you don't believe me about that join the website and sign up yourself and then you can tell me whether or not it works.. I'm not trying to be mean but it actually works i can play darksiders on my phone fine with 10MBPS on my phone and some games have a touch screen controller like how some of the emulators do on certain apps or you can use a bluetooth controller.. I'm just giving you the facts of what it can do. Lets say my computer cant run borderlands on 1080P i can only run it on 480 and on 20fps, so i use this gaming company and i can play it at 1080P and on perfect 60fps, it streams the games like an HD/Blue ray quality movie and we have the technology to stream movies, they been streaming games for well over 4 years. and thats the truth

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!

The reason i said also that microsoft might make xbox live free is so that they can steal Sony users as well, if they can do that then they own the console world and with the onlive tactics, the phone, tablet and pc world. For people with fast and powerful pc they can download the games and run them in superHD and with people with moderate pc they can stream the games live and dont have to worry about it running like crap... Then people with the 720 can play with peope who are running windows live on their pc and no one will have to argues about anything, they can all play with their friends and if you seen steams numbers of users that are on daily(which is between 2million - 5million) then wouldnt you want to steal those number? Its all how you wanna stratagieze and if you still want to argue about this then send me a message because i can go all day xD or if you wanna know all the info i gathered up and my marketing strategies.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
They will hardly never ever (there is a remote, very, very remote possibility that they will) is because each person who uses xBox gold pays around 60 USD per year (give or take a few dollars depending on plans and retailers.) a year for just membership, and most people will go beyond that buying microsoft points in order to buy and rent movies and games. So lets do some quick math here okay? In 2011 Microsoft announced xBox live had over 20 million gold members. So so far so good right, 20,000,000 times 60, right would equal the amount of money they make each year off xBox live alone, this is before taxes of course. Do you know what that is? If you don't let me enlighten you. 1,200,000,000 USD. 1 billion, 200 million dollars a year. That's just off membership. They'd have to be absolutely insane to have xBox live go free, even if it draws in PS3 gamers, which it likely won't since they already own a console they're probably more than happy with.

And I'm not saying OnLive isn't real or anything like that, my friend owns a console, and uses the android version frequently. It works well enough but it won't make huge leaps and strides in the market until 5-10 years from now. It really is amazing technology when it works well. It delivers around 720p graphics on most standard internet connections on a good day. But not everyone has good, or even standard internet connections, and most wireless networks are mostly spotty in this day and age. It's an interesting article to be sure, but you exaggerated quite alot.

If you want to know where I did my research I'll gladly tell anyone who wants to know.

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!
They will hardly never ever (there is a remote, very, very remote possibility that they will) is because each person who uses xBox gold pays around 60 USD per year (give or take a few dollars depending on plans and retailers.) a year for just membership, and most people will go beyond that buying microsoft points in order to buy and rent movies and games. So lets do some quick math here okay? In 2011 Microsoft announced xBox live had over 20 million gold members. So so far so good right, 20,000,000 times 60, right would equal the amount of money they make each year off xBox live alone, this is before taxes of course. Do you know what that is? If you don't let me enlighten you. 1,200,000,000 USD. 1 billion, 200 million dollars a year. That's just off membership. They'd have to be absolutely insane to have xBox live go free, even if it draws in PS3 gamers, which it likely won't since they already own a console they're probably more than happy with.

And I'm not saying OnLive isn't real or anything like that, my friend owns a console, and uses the android version frequently. It works well enough but it won't make huge leaps and strides in the market until 5-10 years from now. It really is amazing technology when it works well. It delivers around 720p graphics on most standard internet connections on a good day. But not everyone has good, or even standard internet connections, and most wireless networks are mostly spotty in this day and age. It's an interesting article to be sure, but you exaggerated quite alot.

If you want to know where I did my research I'll gladly tell anyone who wants to know.
i dont think microsoft cares about money anymore.. they just want to show people that they can takeover anything they want with a flick of wrist, they make so much money they dont know what to do with it... If they made live free like window live is (i think anyways) then pc and console users can play happily with eachother, but yeah i would understand if they dont make it free, but i dont know... i just been putting up all the facts i saw and calculated them together to see how everything will fall into place and it showed that it did from windows 8 to hiring laid of staffs from onlive, I think eventually they'll take out steam and then they become dominant over pc users and a close first to console users, if they can take out nintendo which is close to almost impossible they could possibly dominate everything. But within the next 5 years we'll have to wait and see.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Go look up the info yourself, I've done it because i was bored and tired...
When you make an assertion, the burden of proof lies with you. If you ever go into a field that requires any sort of research, don't take this kind of attitude with you.

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!
When you make an assertion, the burden of proof lies with you. If you ever go into a field that requires any sort of research, don't take this kind of attitude with you.
wow i dont want to spend hours looking back up all the stuff i research and just take the time posting all my finding because people are too lazy to find it on their own. thats another reason i said it was RUMORED and alot of people are starting to forget that, its not hard to turn on your computer and look up everything on your own. This is why i hate posting all this stuff i find because im always gonna have lazy people always criticizing me for finding it out and they wanna know where i got it from so they can say "well that website seems fake and so does all the reasearch and blah blah blah" i dont wanna be hassled for actually taking the time and looking up stuff that no one else did.

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!
Let me put in an example. like if i said the next skyrim DLC will have Goblins holding spears and you get to wield spears and there's gonna be a underwater dungeon your gonna have to go to that is gonna have dragons in it. Your gonna say "where's this information"? and im gonna say because they showed how hearthfire and dawnguard on dice bits and pieces so this is my oppinion, and then your gonna say "well that a possibility but its probably not gonna happend" same thing... so im not gonna belittle myself because you guys dont take the time to use google.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
Let me put in an example. like if i said the next skyrim DLC will have Goblins holding spears and you get to wield spears and there's gonna be a underwater dungeon your gonna have to go to that is gonna have dragons in it. Your gonna say "where's this information"? and im gonna say because they showed how hearthfire and dawnguard on dice bits and pieces so this is my oppinion, and then your gonna say "well that a possibility but its probably not gonna happend" same thing... so im not gonna belittle myself because you guys dont take the time to use google.

It's not a matter of laziness, at least on our part. When you write an article you have to back it up because people don't know what sites you used as research. They could google for information like this and find 30 different sites with 30 different opinions on the same matter and none of it could match what you wrote. You have to back it up because when you say "just search it yourself" it 1.) makes it seem like your lying because you can't back it up, and 2.) people won't always get the same results as you. You can't just "search it" because it might come up with totally different things. Next time when you write an article you think people are going to want to know where you got the research from just copy and paste the URL's into the end of your article or something, how hard is that?

Omega Dragon

Well if Microsoft wants to take over the world by offering decent products (not that Windows 8 is a good product IMO), they should. It's better than Apple's route, which is to conquer the world through a bunch of intellectual property litigation by suing everyone they can put their hands on.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
This is why Windows 8 is doomed to fail.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts