Master List of Known Issues

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tyresesa

I am having a problem with taking up arms. Vilkas gave me the sword, but the quest did not complete, and now he keeps following me every where. Anyone have any fixes on this?

creepyoldman

So yeah anyway, ive come across quite a few glitches in my skyrim campaign, and im looking for some answers. Im too lazy to call customer support, and their not helpful anyway =/
So yeah please help if you can (PS3 version here - Yes i know -.-)
Glitch 1 - I was bored so I started shooting ice spikes in solitude. One hit a salmon in the solitude market. One month later, its still there >.> Help...?
Glitch 2 - This one is the most game-killing one. After finishing "Loud And Clear", "Dampened Spirits" didn't start. Now i dont even have it in my available quests - and cant progress with theives guild -.-. (I NEED that nightingale armour -.-
Glitch 3 - Dawnstar Sanctuary - 4 ghostly remains lying around, not dissapearing. Kinda kills FPS aswell. + ash piles everywhere.
Glitch 4 - Wife wont give me any more apple pie. -.- 13itch
Glitch 5 - Oh yeah, and DAT FPS. GRR

svizz120

theres something messed up for the mission taking care of business. in the previous mission, brynjolf gets in a small stand in the market place and gets everyones attention to distract them so i can frame someone. that mission is completed and im on to "taking care of business". but everybody is stuck where they are. brynjolf stays in that little stand instead of going to meet me in the ragged flaggon and all the merchants are still huddled around him instead of going back to their stands. ive tried everything, ive waited days, talked to everyone, punched everyone just to get them to move but they alwasy go back to that same spot. and if i cant meet him in the ragged flaggon then i cant join the thieves guild..its kinda ruining my life. any ideas?

k1ng r4t

I have quite a few Misc glitches that I can find hardly ANY information on. Most of these I had before I started using multiple mods, but those really shouldn't effect these much.

Here's a screen shot, all of those listed are bugged except for "Exchange Armor with Tonilia" and "Speak to the Companions Leaders"

ScreenShot40.jpg

I also have an issue with Shadowmere, though it's not the known issue. In fact I can't find ANYTHING about this anywhere, here's another screen shot...

ScreenShot25.jpg

shazzy12

Most of the above bugs should be fixed with patch 1.04. This includes the frustrating lag for PS3 users. However, something which hasn't been fixed in patch 1.04 is not being able to start the Thieves Guild Quest "Dampened Spirits". I play on PS3 and does anyone else have the same problem??
I can't reload a previous save because I'm to far into the game for that.

shazzy12

Also, for some reason I can't start the quest "Pieces of the Past" because Silus Vesuius isn't standing where he should and in my quest journal it says that I have failed to "Visit the museum in Dawnstar". Please give some advice.

k1ng r4t

Most of the above bugs should be fixed with patch 1.04. This includes the frustrating lag for PS3 users. However, something which hasn't been fixed in patch 1.04 is not being able to start the Thieves Guild Quest "Dampened Spirits". I play on PS3 and does anyone else have the same problem??
I can't reload a previous save because I'm to far into the game for that.

Hm, not sure if you were specifically referring to my post, but if so I'm also not sure where you heard that because if you look at the 1.04 changelog you'll see that almost none of those issues are addressed...something I was very disappointed to see. Also I downloaded the 1.04 beta a few weeks ago and double checked and these still wouldn't work.

I'm thinking there might be some sort of trigger for a few of them, espcially the "Buy a House in Windhelm," because he says "there was some nasty business there recently blah blah blah" but there's no option for me to help out or anything. With Petra, my stupid companion got the good hagraven killed, and I found out you need her to complete the quest, so I guess it's impossible to successfully finish it, but I wish it would just give me a fail so I can at least take it out of the list...

shazzy12

Hm, not sure if you were specifically referring to my post, but if so I'm also not sure where you heard that because if you look at the 1.04 changelog you'll see that almost none of those issues are addressed...something I was very disappointed to see. Also I downloaded the 1.04 beta a few weeks ago and double checked and these still wouldn't work.

I'm thinking there might be some sort of trigger for a few of them, espcially the "Buy a House in Windhelm," because he says "there was some nasty business there recently blah blah blah" but there's no option for me to help out or anything. With Petra, my stupid companion got the good hagraven killed, and I found out you need her to complete the quest, so I guess it's impossible to successfully finish it, but I wish it would just give me a fail so I can at least take it out of the list...

For the "Buy a house in Windhelm you can just complete the quest "Blood on the Ice" and you get the house for free. By the way, Blood on the Ice is the most bugged quest in the entire game and although patch 1.04 was supposed to fix the bugs, you still need to trigger some things yourself, as I've discovered.

k1ng r4t

For the "Buy a house in Windhelm you can just complete the quest "Blood on the Ice" and you get the house for free. By the way, Blood on the Ice is the most bugged quest in the entire game and although patch 1.04 was supposed to fix the bugs, you still need to trigger some things yourself, as I've discovered.

And I did come across that before. I actually spent about 30 minutes just running around trying to find a way to manually start it. Even so, you'd think the servant guy would have some purpose other than gray dialogue. But like I said, I downloaded 1.04 almost 2 or 3 weeks ago now and it didn't fix any of them. However I really can't find much on a lot of the others I mentioned (nothing on the Shadowmere bug). So I figured I'd come here to share them :)

Like I said I wouldn't be surprised if some of these were screwed up quest triggers, so if you have any suggestions I'm all beers...

Azriel

I finished the Break of Dawn quest and when Meridia finally lets me go I keep falling to my death. I reload my game and try again, same thing. I've actually done it about 20 times now. Anyone know how to stop this from happening? It's really starting to upset me.
Edit: This is happening on my PC

when she starts talking exit out of the conversation and try running toward the water and if that does not work make sure you are RIGHT OVER the platform her statue is on

omac0101

I cant find any threads that mention the battle for hffinger ( i think thats how you spell it) glitch in the civil war quest. When I go to meet the other stormcloaks they wont join up with me and when I get to the hold it says %100 enemies left but the hold is empty. Not one guard. ITS A fluffIN GHOST TOWN! any help would be appreciated.

Sean McBride

Dragon light armour + Blades sheild, helmet
Has the issue of Shadowmere going missing been reported? I assume so as iv seen alot of comments about this on my google searches, however thought id mention it anyway.

Happened to me when i went to dragonsreach to go fight Alduin... After i completed this Shadowmere was gone. Fast travelled and waited for days and tried again but still nothing...

I know he (she) isnt dead as i fast traveled to dragonsreach on her before doing the mission.

I have since given up hope and got another horse but would like to know if there is anything i can do? (iv been back to The Dark Brotherhood cave where you first get Shadowmere and she ant there :sadface: )

omac0101

Has the issue of Shadowmere going missing been reported? I assume so as iv seen alot of comments about this on my google searches, however thought id mention it anyway.

Happened to me when i went to dragonsreach to go fight Alduin... After i completed this Shadowmere was gone. Fast travelled and waited for days and tried again but still nothing...

I know he (she) isnt dead as i fast traveled to dragonsreach on her before doing the mission.

I have since given up hope and got another horse but would like to know if there is anything i can do? (iv been back to The Dark Brotherhood cave where you first get Shadowmere and she ant there :sadface: )
What happened with me is I thought I lost shadowmere also. I dont remember exactly where but somewhere along the game we got seperated and I hadnt had him for a long time. the other day I was going around to random spots in the game (mainly dungeons that I havent explored yet) when I came upon an abandoned castle. As I approached I saw sparks and flames as if mages were fighting. I suddenly realized these mages were attacking Shadowmere. WTF! I swear I had never been to this castle and was not fast traveling anywhere. I was trekking on foot for a good 2 hours collecting materials for new weapons and just happened on this area and found that bastard horse! I guess the moral of the story is he's around somewhere, just keep looking!

Sean McBride

Dragon light armour + Blades sheild, helmet
What happened with me is I thought I lost shadowmere also. I dont remember exactly where but somewhere along the game we got seperated and I hadnt had him for a long time. the other day I was going around to random spots in the game (mainly dungeons that I havent explored yet) when I came upon an abandoned castle. As I approached I saw sparks and flames as if mages were fighting. I suddenly realized these mages were attacking Shadowmere. WTF! I swear I had never been to this castle and was not fast traveling anywhere. I was trekking on foot for a good 2 hours collecting materials for new weapons and just happened on this area and found that bastard horse! I guess the moral of the story is he's around somewhere, just keep looking!
I guess since things happen when your not around then it is possible that something went to attack Shadowmere when i was doing that quest, that would mean its possible she chased after then and has ever since been persuing evil and fighting it across the land of skyrim.... Its a thought...

Its funny in a way because in Oblivion the same thing happened to me, i went into a dungeon, and when i came out she was gone... For the better part of a year i had eventually gave up hope.
Then one day, i was out looking for random things like unicorns n plops :s and i seen a gold shimmer in the distance, thinking to myself surely it cant be, i ran over with a glimmer of hope and sure enough, Shadowmere was just chilling out next to a rock ontop of a hill in this little opening where the trees had parted. Was like a miracle.

I had regretted buying gold armour for her at first but not after that :p

omac0101

when she starts talking exit out of the conversation and try running toward the water and if that does not work make sure you are RIGHT OVER the platform her statue is on
lol, its messed up but still pretty funny that Meridia would lift you into the sky to thank you for clearing out her temple then drop you to your death like a piece of crap.

Zirrax

I have a big problem. Being the nice guy I am I healed the researcher at the beginning of the mzulft ruins during revealing the unseen, and now he won't die so I can't continue with the quest. I have attacked him with everything I have but as soon as his health gets low he regenerates fully. I did manage to cheat my way into a key but the quest objective won't update til he dies

mrsilly67

iv got a prob with my skyrim and i think i didnt see it in there, when ever i look dircerly at a presone in skyrim i dont hear anytalk....but if i look away and have the talking person at the edge of the screen i hear them fine

Alright, this is a real riddle that I haven't been able to find the solution to.
So, I open Skyrim. I've played it on my PS3, but downloaded it on my PC (Windows 7) Because, what the hell.
I think I've got everything sorted out, open the Launcher. Data Files is greyed out, but I think that's normal. I click Play, and I get a full black screen, with my mouse in the loading animation. It stays in this black abyss for 80 seconds on the dot, then shuts down the entire app with no trace.

I think it has something to do with save, because I've already turned off antivirus, adjusted my sound settings to a recommended setting, and checked through my folders. If you need screenshots, I'd be glad to give.

Thanks.

vitrioso

What about the bug where your character has Draugr eyes?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts