Markers Not Showing

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

xAidzo

PC User
So basically, On my Skyrim map I have all city, cave, villages etc. markers showing. But it does not show my quest markers and where I currently are. I have had this for a while and it is frustrating trying to do quests because I don't know where and how far the quest is. And I do know that I can turn quests on and off in the Menu. I currently have one on.

Mods:
I have a few mods which affect the games lighting and textures to make them look better. I have 2 mods which affect the map which is the "A quality world map" mod and the "High Quality 3D map" mod, both of which are installed via. Nexus Mod Manager.

When did it first happen:
This I am no sure off, but the problem didn't occur until I started a second save/new game. And probably when I installed the "A quality world map" mod.

The only problem is that I have checked for a "Map" file in my Data/Interface and there is no file.
(This was a solution to the colored markers mod; I have not used this mod)

Please help, Thanks.
-Aidan

the quality map mod is just the textures. you might have a hud mod that removes them accidentally, or a conflict. post your whole mod list on here and i can see what might be problem.

xAidzo

PC User
I also have all 3 DLC's.
the quality map mod is just the textures. you might have a hud mod that removes them accidentally, or a conflict. post your whole mod list on here and i can see what might be problem.

There you go. BTW I have all 3 DLC's.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 3
are the mods activated what you have the problem with? Because it is most likely caused by the high res meshes. they work fine with the textures but they have been known to break the markers.

xAidzo

PC User
are the mods activated what you have the problem with? Because it is most likely caused by the high res meshes. they work fine with the textures but they have been known to break the markers.

I just disabled all of my mods and the markers are still not showing:/ I've read up also that it could be a bug with the current update.. Maybe this could be the problem, but i'm not sure. But they did show at first with the update and just stopped showing after I started installing mods and started a new game. I also have the High Res Texture pack from steam installed if this could affect it.

Smarty

Like Nakto Guvano said, it is most likely a conflict. I'm not sure what you mean by disabling, if you mean only disabling the esp, it's not going to work. Try disabling them all using the Mods tab on the nexus, if it fixes it, find which mod is causing the problem and try updating it.

If none of this works, go to steam, right click Skyrim in the library, go to the local files tab and click on Verify Integrity of Game Cache. This should fix it. If you have an illegal copy (please don't be stupid enough to post that you do), reinstall the game, don't worry about your mods/saves they won't be overwritten unless you select the option during uninstall.

If it doesn't work, try starting a new character, if it fixes it, there's a problem with your save game, reload to a save prior to the problem happening.

If you've tried everything above and it still isn't working, try the beta patch. First disable all mods as I've indicated above before installing the beta patch to prevent problems. Right click on Skyrim in the steam library, go to the beta tab, and select beta on the selector. Sometimes the patch isn't correctly applied, so verify that you have legendary difficulty after opening the game, if you do then it is installed. If it doesn't, restart steam, still doesn't, restart pc, rinse and repeat until legendary shows up.

xAidzo

PC User
Like Nakto Guvano said, it is most likely a conflict. I'm not sure what you mean by disabling, if you mean only disabling the esp, it's not going to work. Try disabling them all using the Mods tab on the nexus, if it fixes it, find which mod is causing the problem and try updating it.

If none of this works, go to steam, right click Skyrim in the library, go to the local files tab and click on Verify Integrity of Game Cache. This should fix it. If you have an illegal copy (please don't be stupid enough to post that you do), reinstall the game, don't worry about your mods/saves they won't be overwritten unless you select the option during uninstall.

If it doesn't work, try starting a new character, if it fixes it, there's a problem with your save game, reload to a save prior to the problem happening.

If you've tried everything above and it still isn't working, try the beta patch. First disable all mods as I've indicated above before installing the beta patch to prevent problems. Right click on Skyrim in the steam library, go to the beta tab, and select beta on the selector. Sometimes the patch isn't correctly applied, so verify that you have legendary difficulty after opening the game, if you do then it is installed. If it doesn't, restart steam, still doesn't, restart pc, rinse and repeat until legendary shows up.

THANK YOU!!! It worked... The steam, Cache thingy is the one I used and it worked.

Smarty

THANK YOU!!! It worked... The steam, Cache thingy is the one I used and it worked.

You are most welcome :). Feel free to post if you have any other issues.

Smarty

If you are on pc, there are mods that allows you to reset your perks, otherwise the dragonborn dlc allows you to do that. I might be able to help more if you post precisely what is the problem with Critical Strike/Hit.

xAidzo

PC User
Everytime I go to kill someone/something, I charge (this is the problem) at the enemy and then kill them. It makes me very dizzy. I prefer kill people normally and holding in the strike button to use a harder attack.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts