• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Breton

Hi all, my Breton married Marcurio recently because of his wit, but now after marriage, he's changed! Veeery quiet now in caves and ruins, none of that "stopping to light a fire" or comments on the dwemer. It's all gone. I'm utterly disappointed. Does this happen to everyone? (I noticed a couple of people mentioning it on the uesp). I'm on the xbox if it makes a difference. Thanks!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I think my friend had this happen to her when she married him. Hopefully, she'll see this and make a post! I married him in one of my files as well, but didn't have him follow me enough to notice any thing different.

Docta Corvina

Yes, this has absolutely happened to me as well! I was so disappointed! It's like, he was very entertaining and even worried about my safety and looked out for me wherever we went before we got married. After we got hitched, he really quieted down to an uncharacteristic level. And no longer does he make sweet and protective comments to me as we journey together. He actually says very little at all when not in full-on 'spouse' mode, as in, when he's left to his own devices at home. I have to wonder if something happens with the two sets of dialogue (marriage and follower), like some kind of overriding/conflict. Or what. I'm not sure. Either that, or he just secretly regrets getting married and is just being pouty about it.

But yes, I can certainly confirm that this happened to me too. I married him on Xbox only and have had him as a follower on both Xbox and PC. It's odd. And disappointing. He's such a babe. </3

Come to think of it, he quit cooking for me too...

Necromis

Don't you know it is the pursuit that made him talk so sweetly to you. Now that he has you he is thinking why isn't she staying home and cooking ME dinner. :p

Docta Corvina

Don't you know it is the pursuit that made him talk so sweetly to you. Now that he has you he is thinking why isn't she staying home and cooking ME dinner. :p

You know, and after all the awesome stuff I've given him too! Badass armor, badass black mage robes, badass weapons, all the staffs he could ever want, booze, several houses to share with me...not to mention unending loving admiration.

WHAT MORE DOES HE WANT :sadface:

Necromis

You gave him too much, now he expects it and if you can't give him grander gear he is depressed. That or he doesn't want the gifts, he wants a devoted wife to come home to after a long day of mercenary work to snuggle up to by the fire, and not have her out trapesing around the countryside thinking she is better than him just cuz she is the Dragon Born.

Docta Corvina

You gave him too much, now he expects it and if you can't give him grander gear he is depressed. That or he doesn't want the gifts, he wants a devoted wife to come home to after a long day of mercenary work to snuggle up to by the fire, and not have her out trapesing around the countryside thinking she is better than him just cuz she is the Dragon Born.

LOL! I suppose that could be. Though as Dragonborn, I've never once looked down on him. And he damn well knows it! :p Maaaaan...he was such a smooth talker in the Bee and Barb. Had me spellbound. Then again, he's hardly the only one in Riften with that talent, lol.

Ah well. He's sort of an ass to me in my PC file nowadays. He still gives me attitude because Mercer and Brynjolf decided to go Julius Caesar on him one day and inexplicably stab him while I had my back turned. I resurrected him and took him back to the tavern. And he has forever been pissy with me whenever I go in there. It sorta hurts. I'm like, "Marcurio, we have history together, my man! Don't you remember your Xbox life?"

Ah well. He's a gorgeous Imperial. And he knows it. Lets him get away with anything lol.

Breton

Thanks for your replies, I guess he does change for one reason or another (maybe they mixed up the voice files?). Will have to reload a previous save then and just not marry, or marry him at the end when she retires. They'll just stay home and cook. :)

Breton

LOL! I suppose that could be. Though as Dragonborn, I've never once looked down on him. And he damn well knows it! :p Maaaaan...he was such a smooth talker in the Bee and Barb. Had me spellbound. Then again, he's hardly the only one in Riften with that talent, lol.

Ah well. He's sort of an ass to me in my PC file nowadays. He still gives me attitude because Mercer and Brynjolf decided to go Julius Caesar on him one day and inexplicably stab him while I had my back turned. I resurrected him and took him back to the tavern. And he has forever been pissy with me whenever I go in there. It sorta hurts. I'm like, "Marcurio, we have history together, my man! Don't you remember your Xbox life?"

Ah well. He's a gorgeous Imperial. And he knows it. Lets him get away with anything lol.

Lol, can't trust the Thieves Guild guys. Yes the boys in Riften are awesome :)

Docta Corvina

Lol, can't trust the Thieves Guild guys. Yes the boys in Riften are awesome :)

Haha, they absolutely are! Riften is home to most of my favorite characters, love that town. :p And yeah, it seems the TG men will hold a grudge or two. This incident happened after we were going after Potema for the second time. I was picking up some things here and there in the catacombs and giving them to Brynjolf to hold for the time being and Marcurio just busts out with a sigh and a very wry, "I suppose you intend to carry off EVERYTHING of value in these ruins??!" He said this amongst a group of all thieves, including Mercer and Bryn. Guess they never let that comment go. Because a few days later, they'd just up and stabbed poor Marcurio. :eek:

Necromis

Maybe he was planning on turning you over to the guard. He could have been a plant. LOL

Docta Corvina

Think you need to work on your Dibellan Arts, Corvina.

:oops:

Maaaaan, I'm beginning to think maybe that was the problem. Lover's Comfort never kicked in when we slept anywhere and I think I must have had something conflicting with it. I'm a vampire in that file, so maybe that? I don't know if vampirism conflicts or not really, just a guess. But in any case, there was no apparent 'comforting from my lover' happening. So that might have something to do with it.

Then of course, in the file in which I married Mercer for haha's, right after our wedding, after we return to my house in Whiterun (which he mocked), he has some ale then marches upstairs to the bedroom warning me not to 'disappoint' him.

I dunno, I'm beginning to think Dibellan arts should have their own perk tree. They seem to matter on some small level.

When it comes to certain random aspects of this game, after all is said and done, I'm just left sitting there staring at my tv and PC screens with pretty much this face:

omgwtflolface.gif

Necromis

But Docta the way you were able to bend your body with those Daedric boots on. I think your arts are just fine. Maybe it was cuz he was getting no *rest* from you. :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts