Magic, Health Stamina Level up for Mage

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JechtFayth

I was curious what amount of magic or health mainly would be more than enough for a destruction focused mage....

Currently i have about 250 health and about 250 magic and have not been putting nything in stamina since if i need any i can just use healing to recover stamina.

should i stop at 300 health or do i have more than enough health now? im going to go up to lvl 57 all together and stop leveling up once there.

once i know what a good amount of health is or how much is probably gonna hold me for rest of the game with no trouble... then i will just be throwing all the rest of the levels into magic just cause it would be awesome having such a high pool of magic even though i will be wearing robes that reduces the cost of destruction and restoration which are the only magic schools i will be using for this character, but still will be fun.

Friday is My Day!

I've just been leveling my Magicka/Health/Stamina 2/1/0.

Too much health isn't really needed if you have Followers or summons taking the damage for you. You just have to be careful to dodge arrows and other mage's spells.

JechtFayth

I've just been leveling my Magicka/Health/Stamina 2/1/0.

Too much health isn't really needed if you have Followers or summons taking the damage for you. You just have to be careful to dodge arrows and other mage's spells.
well like i said, only destruction and restoration. so i wont be summoning anything to help me out..

and i would be having followers that kind of stay out of my way so a ranger or a mage that does not use conjuration ever...

but you have a suggestion about how much health would probably be best to stop at? like a certain number?

For destruction, Magicka, Magicka, magicka, and maybe a little Heath when you start feeling squishy. It really depends on how good you are at evading, whether you Block, or wear Armor, how much damage you take in a given fight how much Health you need, but if you're spamming damage, you can't have too much Magicka. If you do the 100% Fortify Destruction, then that's a different story.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
I use Stamina for the sole purpose of raising my carry weight. Only a LITTLE Magicka, and mostly health.

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
just need a tad more information, such as, do u plan to use any armor? a follower? runes? Clothes?
this is because is you're using a follower then you want to have a
3/1/0 ratio
as you'll be primarily your folowers back up casting destruction to range combat and healing hands to support character while you stay at a distance, which requires a healthy amount of magicka. and turn undead to make draugr, vamps, skeletons, etc flee to gain a moment to rest.
if you plan to use armor you can rely less on a follower and more on tanking using a
1/1/0 ratio
upgrading heavy/light armor, while casting healing and destruction while constantly moving.
if however you are strictly mage, with no armor, and only clothing, you'll wanna go with
2/1/0 ratio as u can incorporate alteration and gain stoneflesh etc. use healing on a follower, and destruction for range combat. never get in too close.

finally. and just a suggestion. u can experiment in Shield Mage.
using a 2/1/0 ratio u can effectively use a heavy shield, your choice of armor, and destruction magic to sequence a Block/Bash, a rune/fireball, and when health is low swap ur magic hand for restoration and block while reagaining magicka.

:D

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I ended up with 650 magicka, 300 health and 150 stamina for my mage build. You may want to put a little more into health than I did if your mage doesn't wear armor, and if you use enchanting to lower magicka cost, you won't need as much magicka. I never use enchanting to get my magicka cost to zero for any school, however, because I consider it an exploit (cheating).

JechtFayth

just need a tad more information, such as, do u plan to use any armor? a follower? runes? Clothes?
this is because is you're using a follower then you want to have a
3/1/0 ratio
as you'll be primarily your folowers back up casting destruction to range combat and healing hands to support character while you stay at a distance, which requires a healthy amount of magicka. and turn undead to make draugr, vamps, skeletons, etc flee to gain a moment to rest.
if you plan to use armor you can rely less on a follower and more on tanking using a
1/1/0 ratio
upgrading heavy/light armor, while casting healing and destruction while constantly moving.
if however you are strictly mage, with no armor, and only clothing, you'll wanna go with
2/1/0 ratio as u can incorporate alteration and gain stoneflesh etc. use healing on a follower, and destruction for range combat. never get in too close.

finally. and just a suggestion. u can experiment in Shield Mage.
using a 2/1/0 ratio u can effectively use a heavy shield, your choice of armor, and destruction magic to sequence a Block/Bash, a rune/fireball, and when health is low swap ur magic hand for restoration and block while reagaining magicka.

:D

I am only using destruction type spells, with spells from restoration that only have to do with healing, no wards.

Not doing anything in conjuration at all i refuse to touch it

only using waterbreath, telekinesis and transmute for alteration.

refuse to use any illusion spells except for invisibilty or muffle if im desperate

and going to be fighting with destruction.

im going with being a mage that kills faster than i can get killed

im not great at dodging other spells and arrows if there's multiple enemies and i get hit alot but have lots of potions for now but would like to not be carrying potions that are about restoring magic or health much if possible.

i will just be wearing robes and i will have followers here and there but they are just to deal a little damage since i will be the one doing most of the killing. if i choose to have a follower at that time wherever i am, they are gonna be out of my way and just shooting arrows or magic spells from afar

i am also a breton so if i am ungodly desperate i will just use the dragonskin power they start with

here's my character build. it has everything i want and not gonna be changing anything. since im stopping at level 57 i always have room to change a little if i really want to at a much later time.

Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

I am only using destruction type spells, with spells from restoration that only have to do with healing, no wards.

Not doing anything in conjuration at all i refuse to touch it

only using waterbreath, telekinesis and transmute for alteration.

refuse to use any illusion spells except for invisibilty or muffle if im desperate

and going to be fighting with destruction.

im going with being a mage that kills faster than i can get killed

im not great at dodging other spells and arrows if there's multiple enemies and i get hit alot but have lots of potions for now but would like to not be carrying potions that are about restoring magic or health much if possible.

i will just be wearing robes and i will have followers here and there but they are just to deal a little damage since i will be the one doing most of the killing. if i choose to have a follower at that time wherever i am, they are gonna be out of my way and just shooting arrows or magic spells from afar

i am also a breton so if i am ungodly desperate i will just use the dragonskin power they start with

here's my character build. it has everything i want and not gonna be changing anything. since im stopping at level 57 i always have room to change a little if i really want to at a much later time.

Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!
If you use Slow to keep them back, and other good Pure mage tactics, you should be able to survive with about 200-250 Health, but keep in mind, you can Enchant for that.

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
damn thats kinda tough to work with but almost anything is possible. Unfortunate that u wont use wards as certain perks will allow magicka from incoming spells to be absorbed... works like a shield.

that aside. being a frontline mage IMHO will require heavy armor, even if its just on ur arms and legs... esp. without alteration magic.

using a 3/1/0 ratio would benefit u as you'll be using dual casting. heavy armor can negate most incoming projectile damage. but once again i would highly reccomend wards.

finally, work heavily on leveling restoration magic as i think its one of the tougher schools to max out as it requires u to take damage to level up.

suggestion on guardian stones: Atronach stone. leveling up to level 60 on restoration will allow u to have +50% magic regen perk which negates the -50% magic regen and allows for a larger magicka pool to fling around ur fireballs.

oh and go do the college of winterhold quests early as the mages have a lot of spell tomes to sell :)

JechtFayth

If you use Slow to keep them back, and other good Pure mage tactics, you should be able to survive with about 200-250 Health, but keep in mind, you can Enchant for that.

thoughts for about if i didnt enchant?
and i guess im more looking for an answer about where i could stop bringing health up. cause if i know when i could i will just waist the rest of the levels throwing into magic even though it wouldnt be needed

thoughts for about if i didnt enchant?
and i guess im more looking for an answer about where i could stop bringing health up. cause if i know when i could i will just waist the rest of the levels throwing into magic even though it wouldnt be needed
Like I said, I add Health when I'm feeling squishy. There's so many factors which say how much is enough. Taking it level by level gives you feedback when you need it, and when you don't. Otherwize, more Magicka means more spells.

JechtFayth

damn thats kinda tough to work with but almost anything is possible. Unfortunate that u wont use wards as certain perks will allow magicka from incoming spells to be absorbed... works like a shield.

that aside. being a frontline mage IMHO will require heavy armor, even if its just on ur arms and legs... esp. without alteration magic.

using a 3/1/0 ratio would benefit u as you'll be using dual casting. heavy armor can negate most incoming projectile damage. but once again i would highly reccomend wards.

finally, work heavily on leveling restoration magic as i think its one of the tougher schools to max out as it requires u to take damage to level up.

suggestion on guardian stones: Atronach stone. leveling up to level 60 on restoration will allow u to have +50% magic regen perk which negates the -50% magic regen and allows for a larger magicka pool to fling around ur fireballs.

oh and go do the college of winterhold quests early as the mages have a lot of spell tomes to sell :)

anything thats not robes is out of the question for this character. its a full blown mage... robes... destruction and restoration and other spells to goof off like telekinesis and water breathing and muffle and invisibility. thats all the spells i would get to goof off with

i put up what my character build is for this character if you want to check it out.

i dont feel like i will be needing to worry about my magic pool.... i am more worried about my health. cause if i have enough health for when im level 57 since thats where im stopping... i will just throw any remaining level upgrades into magic just to feel like an extremely overpowered mage

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts