• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Werewolf or Vampire

• Werewolf

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Vampire

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

Aryan Gb Kumar

A little information about lycanthropy or becoming a werewolf in Skyrim.

Becoming one: Start the Companions questline. Soon you will get a quest that says to retrieve a fragment of Wuuthrad, Farkas will go with you on this quest. There comes a part early on, once you are in the cave, to enter a chamber and pull a lever. Make sure Farkas is NOT in the chamber with you other wise you're screwed. You will become trapped in the chamber, forcing you to watch an exchange between Farkas and a group of werewolf hunters called "The Silver Hand". They talk about killing Farkas and move towards him. Farkas then transforms into a werewolf, killing them all. He releases you, and you can question him about the werewolf thing. Unfortunately Farkas is "dumb", and doesn't tell you much about it. Finish the quest and return to Jorravskr. Soon after this you will be given a quest about going to the Underforge. Once you enter Skjor, and Aela(in her wolf form), will be there. Skjor, will cut Aela's wrist, letting her blood flow into a basin. Once it is full, activate it, and you will become a werewolf. (There are still many quests in the Companions questline)

Info: To access your werewolf ability, first go the the "Magic" section in your menus. Go to the "powers" sub section. Select "Beast From". This assigns it to the same button/key as your shouts. You will eventually, transform back into a human, after a certain amount of time without feeding. To "feed" you must kill a humanoid, and when you approach them you will be given the option to "feed" instead of looting the bodies. This will work on witches, any human, elves, and orcs. Khajit and Argonians as well. It will not work on any animals. "Feeding" will extend the amount of time you are in werewolf form. When you eventually transform back to a human, you will have nothing equipped and it will give a little message that says you are carrying to much to run. This is a glitch. On a side note silver does do more damage to you, beware of transforming to fight Silver Hand. It also takes a while to transform, so don't do it in the middle of combat. And again a side note, when you sprint as a werewolf you are faster than sprinting on a horse.

The Cure: Eventually you will get a quest form someone important in the Companions (sorry, sorry I don't remember his name) telling you he wants a way out of lycanthropy. he will tell you about how the Companions became werewolves hundreds of years ago, when the Glenmoril Witches helped the ancient Companions. He will tell you to get him one of their heads. I recommend only getting one, instead of clearing them all out, this will be helpful later if you want to cure yourself. After you complete the rest of the Companions questline and cure the old important dude of werewolfism, you talk to Farkas about curing yourself, He will give you the quest purity, which involves Glenmoril Witches heads. Return to the cave where you first got the head and gather one more. Complete Purity. Hope I helped you! Give me a like or a reputation point if you want more!

Is there any other means of Cure?
I have listened that sometimes, when worshipping lycanthropy Ends.

S.I.L.V.E.R.

Only cure is Glenmore Witches heads. If you kill all 4 of them, you will have a head for Kodlak, Vilkas, Farkas, and then yourself if you choose to cure yourself. You have to do a radiant quest for both Vilkas and Farkas, also have the heads on you to get their purity quest. They will ask you to help them purify themselves. As far as being a werewolf is by far the best perk.

Wetoji

Being a vampire kinda sucks. You have all sorts of weaknesses during the day, and at night when you walk into towns everyone tries to kill you. At least when you're a werewolf you can trigger it when you need it and no one knows you're a werewolf unless you're in beast form. (That always reminds me of that old show Beast wars)

Golgo_SPB

Alright guys I have a few questions about Werewolf form, just cause I want to make a character centered around using it.

Do standing stone effects cross over to the Werewolf form? like the lady stone or lord stone?
Do perk effects cross over to Werewolf form? like Avoid Death, Magic Resistance (alteration), Atronach, Stability, etc...
Does the Quiet Casting perk affect Werewolf shouts? And does the Werewolf fear shout count as an illusion spell, for example would it work with Kindred Mage, Animage, and Aspect of Terror?
Also if I activate adrenaline rush or dragonskin abilities and transform do those racial abilities stay active?

Like I know armor spells and cloaks will stay when transforming, but I was just curious about those other things I listed. I would test em myself but I'm only on the 360 version.

^posted that in a different thread but I feel like I might as well ask here since it's a guide.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
I have answers for some of your questions but not all. ;)
1. I do belive that the standing stone ablities croos over with, you, not 100% sure, but you can check yourself.
2. No I don't think perks cross over, a little OP don't you think?
3. I don't think werewolf shouts are any type of magic, but again I'm not 100% sure.
4. i don't think the racial abilities are transferable, I'll have to check.

Golgo_SPB

Thanks Tesla, after some reading I do think Standing stone affects crossover with you... at least the constant ones that don't need to be accessed by going to the powers menu.
I don't mind a little OP when it comes to some constant perk affects that cross over with werewolf form... I'd test Alteration's Atronach perk out with werewolf form but I don't like the idea of my friendly spells being absorbed =(
I know some constant racial abilities don't cross over like Khajiit constant Unarmed fortification, just curious about the ones that needed to be activated once a day types.

Not trying to break werewolf form just wanted to see what "other" capabilities it might have since some people consider it useless.

I also get this weird glitch where my summons and/or thralls will "die" when I transform much like when I activate a elemental cloak in their presence.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts