Spoiler Lost To the Ages: Can't Continue Quest, HELP PLEASE!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
So I've gone through the entire questline of the Dawnguard quest "Lost To the Ages" up until i have to forge something at the Aetherium Forge. However, once I forge somethingg, the quest doesn't update and complete. Talking to Katria yields the same dialogue options to right before you forge something. The stairs won't come up and I am stuck in the forge with no way to leave except to use the coc console code. I did, however, use the console to give myself the Aetherial Shield and Aetherial Staff before I even started the Dawnguard questlne, making sure I left the Aetherial Crown to be made at the forge. I tried going back through the quest by reloading a previous save and removing the Aetherial Shield from my inventory before pickng up the 3rd shard (I already have the shard from Ralbdthar, and the Aetherial Staff is already stored at one of my homes). Nothing seems to work. I tried using the console to advance through the quest, but setstage didn't work. The only code that worked was "CompleteQuest DLC1LD", which cleared the quest but Katria didn't leave and I was still stuck in the forge. The only difference between now and the first time I completed the quest was that I didn't have the Aetherial Shield or Staff before the quest started. Everything else was the same.

So now, I am stuck with the quest marker telling me to use the forge even though I've already made the crown, meaning the quest was supposed to update but didn't, and I have no idea how to get out of it. Has anyone else encountered this problem, and have you found a solution? Any help would be much obliged.

Damocles

Ugh. This is frustrating. I just ended up reverting the save. Maybe I'll try again later. In the meantime this doesn't seem to be a prominent enough problem or else it would have been dealt with. The elderscrolls wikia mentions it but doesn't have a fix.

Experiencing this issue the solution is that:

On console type

setobjectivecompleted dlc1ld

then

coc dlc1bthalft01

follow the dungeons till the forge, do the shooting things to open the gate

close vapor valves

kill the spiders.

use the forge.

AJK

After I got the 3rd shard, there is no map marker for the 4th. Is that normal?

AJK

I've read the journal and even tried going to the general area the map seems to indicate, but nothing. I'm pretty sure that for the previous 3 shards, the quest marker just appeared after finding the previous one (but I can't quite remember). I guess I'll have to try looking up where it is on uesp.net and try going directly there.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I found that, unless I had actually been there before, I did not get a marker so had to use her map and figure it out. Now I just visit all the dwemer ruins I can find early on so that I don't have that issue.

Brewman

Do I look worried?
It's a glitchy quest for sure, I've had Katria not show up at the shard locations, and one time the door wouldn't open after the tonal lock sequence.

Chadonraz

I ran into a bug with the tonal lock, too: the Centurion would activate AFTER I'd solved the lock (without getting it wrong even once). I looted the treasure room and picked up the shard - but Katria was stuck in combat mode with the glitched Dwarven Sphere Centurion Masterpiece and wouldn't talk to me.
I reloaded twice, and the same thing happened both times. -.-

I couldn't find this particular glitch by googling, which was odd. I eventually decided to purposely get the puzzle wrong four times, so that the Centurion was released. After killing it I was finally able to successfully complete that part of the quest.

I never had problems with this quest on the 360, but the first time I start it on PC I get this. :rolleyes:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts