• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Alright, so I just started the Dragonborn DLC. I went home to visit my spouse and kids, put stuff in my storage, and then stopped at Whiterun and the Thieves Guild to sell some stuff. I went to Windhelm and boarded the boat, not checking to see if my follower was there (Serana is my follower, by the way). When I got there, I was so excited to see the new land that I didn't check if she was behind me. I found a follower in the tavern, and tried to hire him, but he said I already had a follower, which was when I noticed Serana was missing. I went back to Skyrim and searched every place I took her to and cannot find her.

Please, has anyone else had this happen? Is there any way I can dismiss her without actually talking to her? I really want to hire a follower to help me out in dungeons, but can't hire one until Serana gets dismissed. Anyone have advice, or at least tell me if this happened to them?

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Well, eventually after lots of dungeon-ing, I went back to the hired follower and tried again, and it let me hire him :D So now I don't know where Serana is. But I'll find her eventually.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Sad face! Serana's my favourite follower. She's the only one I've ever found to be actually useful. Sounds like you may have lost her for good somehow though. I know I'm pretty good at activating conversations I don't want to. :sadface:

Bigfishpa

serana can be a pain later on if her health gets low she will feed on you and turn you into stage 1 vampire. When that happened to me I reload and have her wait. An d i clear the place and then get her back.Even wearing the mask to prevent disease and poison don't protect you from her

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
serana can be a pain later on if her health gets low she will feed on you and turn you into stage 1 vampire. When that happened to me I reload and have her wait. An d i clear the place and then get her back.Even wearing the mask to prevent disease and poison don't protect you from her
I've never had that happen, although I did once accidentally hit her with a sword and she got hostile and tried to kill me...and after all we've been through together, too...

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
So, funny story, I noticed last night that I lost Serana too LOL. Naginata did you ever find her?

Eventually I was able to hire another follower, and when I went back to Fort Dawnguard (since I sided with the Dawnguard), she was there waiting for me like nothing ever happened. So she should either be at Castle Volkihar (if you sided with Vampires) or Fort Dawnguard (if you sided with Dawnguard). Hope this helped :)

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Eventually I was able to hire another follower, and when I went back to Fort Dawnguard (since I sided with the Dawnguard), she was there waiting for me like nothing ever happened. So she should either be at Castle Volkihar (if you sided with Vampires) or Fort Dawnguard (if you sided with Dawnguard). Hope this helped :)
OMG it did!! She was there!! Thank you!! :)

aussiegirlz

I didn't have Serana as a follower going into Dragonborn but wanted to get a follower to carry stuff so I went back to Dawnguard to get her and she is not there not sitting where she normally does, not anywhere, even went and checked the castle and she isn't there either :mad: .

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I didn't have Serana as a follower going into Dragonborn but wanted to get a follower to carry stuff so I went back to Dawnguard to get her and she is not there not sitting where she normally does, not anywhere, even went and checked the castle and she isn't there either :mad: .

I don't know where she would be... :sadface: Maybe go and do some missions or travel a bit then go back and check? Sometimes that works for me when I lose someone.

Silver Fawn

I seem to have a tendancy of misplacing my followers ... I somehow lost Lydia,Serena and even my dog ... I payed a lot of money for that dog .. grrr ... Anyway I can't compleat the mission of getting Serena home if she isn't with me ... Do you think she will be at dawnguard or do I have to have compleated that mission?

I have no idea where any of them would be .. I have waited and gone home and looked in places I thought I would have left her and.... Nothing ... :sadface:

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I seem to have a tendancy of misplacing my followers ... I somehow lost Lydia,Serena and even my dog ... I payed a lot of money for that dog .. grrr ... Anyway I can't compleat the mission of getting Serena home if she isn't with me ... Do you think she will be at dawnguard or do I have to have compleated that mission?

I have no idea where any of them would be .. I have waited and gone home and looked in places I thought I would have left her and.... Nothing ... :sadface:
If you haven't taken her home for the first time yet, she's probably still at the crypt. I once left without her and later found her there again in the big round arena room, apparently just hanging out.

Alternatively, when I lose a follower I do the "wait 30 days" thing and everything resets and I can usually find them.

Ya never know though, I understand that there's a new mega-mall opening in Whiterun, she could just be off on a "mission" of her own. :)

Silver Fawn

If you haven't taken her home for the first time yet, she's probably still at the crypt. I once left without her and later found her there again in the big round arena room, apparently just hanging out.

Alternatively, when I lose a follower I do the "wait 30 days" thing and everything resets and I can usually find them.

Ya never know though, I understand that there's a new mega-mall opening in Whiterun, she could just be off on a "mission" of her own. :)

Silver Fawn

a new mall? really? lucky for her but i need her to finish off this mission haha :)

thanx heaps :) .. i managed to find her this morning tho .. well... more like she just rocked up on her own... went off to the city with the guards all in bone armer (cant remember the name of the place now stars with an S im pretty sure) she just suddenly spawned and started talking (very rudly) while i was in the middle of a conversation lol

thanx heaps for the help :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts