Lore-Friendly vs Unfriendly Mods

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HelloMyNameIsEd

He-Who-Killed-Ulfric-Stormcloak-With-A-Broom
We've got Akaviri Samurai armor and Halo Energy Swords, shuffling dances to idle animations, posh mud crabs and throwing weapons,and everything else in-between. Do you like lore-friendly mods better or unfriendly mods? And which are your personal favorites?

For example: My favorite lore-friendly mod would have to be Scout Armor, an armor mod.
Favorite lore-unfriendly mod: Nyan cat running across the Sky.

El Fonz0

Personally, I prefer lore-friendly, but do make a few exceptions, if it's done correctly.

Like Herman the Mad. Hilarious mod. Pretty lore-unfriendly, but I've always wanted a Draugr companion.

Too bad he's incompatible with UFO.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
All of the mods I use are lore friendly or neutral (graphic and interface enhancements). My favorite lore shattering mods are the MLP mods.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
If I had Skyrim for the PC, I would definitely only have lore-friendly and graphic enhancing mods.

ShadowGambit

I prefer lore friendly mods. Mostly graphics.

For example I use the mods that makes all elven armor black.

The only one that I use that is not really lore friendly: UFO, the Ultimate Follower Overhaul. I use it not for the number of followers you can get (I usually limit myself to 1, if I take one) but for the convenience with dealing with followers options.

The Twitchy Cat

Batman is shocked at your comment.
There's a posh Mudcrab mod?

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
I usually prefer lore-friendly mods, though I admit to using Posh Mudcrabs and leveling Two-Handed with a lightsaber Magicka Saber.
Pretty sure I have more lore-unfriendly mods (like the dancing ones), but they stay out of the way unless I purposely use them.
There's a posh Mudcrab mod?
Indeed, good sir! Steam Workshop :: Posh Mudcrabs
Cheerio! *tips hat*

I use Classic Classes, and Signs, Races Plus, Kill them Generals, Ranger Cabins, all of them Lore Friendly. I wouldn't ming Magicka Sabers, and the like if they weren't pathologically overpowered. Is it just impossible to make a Mod armor that looks good, and doesn't surpass Daedric? Or a sword that doesn't do 9000 damage?

Alissa DeWitt

Beer Wench
I pretty much stick to lore friendly mods. Sorry, but I find most un-friendly mods annoying. My favorite mods are 'craft more stuff' mods and immersion survival mods, such as you have to eat or you die and if you run around naked in the snow you'll freeze to death.

Most of my mods are fixes, but I also use CG affecting Mods to create lore unfriendly characters. Like Dark Skinned (like Darker than Redguard) or Green Elves, and Dremora Horns. Nobody else has these, but hey, I'm from Out of Town! I don't import Lightsabers. (c) Lucasarts, and I get my Akiviri Armor from Sky Haven Temple. In fact, after CG, none of my mods have more than superficial in game consequences, because I'm playing Skyrim, not The Force Unleashed. I certainly don't have any craftable clothes with 567AR, or swords that 1hk Talos without needing to be Tempered.

Spiral Power!

Abenddrachen
Lore friendly mostly, but I like to branch out into the less outrageous lore-unfriendly mods here or there.

Like the planet earth as the moon mod. It was just so beautiful, I couldn't stand not looking at it. You can see city lights. It's just too gorgeous.

So I made up my own little alteration to the background story, where the moon has always been that way, kind of like the "mystic moon" in Escaflowne. I didn't really use it in any plot, just have it as "it's always been that way." Doesn't really feel lore-breaking to me, no more than the galaxy mod that makes the sky look amazing.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts