"Lookup Failed" - How do I fix it?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Xerine

Yello!

When I started with the companion guild I couldnt see Aela the huntress name while talking to her instead it says: Lookup Failed! which is really annoying. I also had some problems with Lydia when I started a new character and when I became thane after kill the first dragon she didnt come so I had to use the console to spawn her, but this doesnt really matter. I play as stormcloaks and I talked to the new thane of Whiterun and became Thane AGAIN which is really wierd and now Lydia spawned but when I talked to her she also had the "Lookup Failed!" Message instead of "Lydia". I googled it and found some guy talking about "verify integrity of game cache function from steam" and now it works for him, but I don't know how to do that!

Thank you for reading and I really appreciate if anybody can help me solve this problem!

Xerine

I solved my problem, I just had to go to "Properties/Local Files/Verify Intergity of Game Cache" on steam. So if anybody check this thread out for answers how to fix this here you go!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts