• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chadonraz

I like the idea of Talos being behind those letters.
I most often get ones saying I caused quite a stir in a location where there was no one around, so the sender can't be an NPC.

Sometimes the letter doesn't say where I Shouted ("You caused quite a stir in when you demonstrated the power of your Thu'um."), which is kinda odd, yet funny.

Jimmy Carter

White Wolf of the Pale
It's the courier. Guys, think about it. No one has suspected the courier, and no one would suspect a courier. Plus, the courier is ESSENTIAL. HE CAN'T BE KILLED. IT'S THE COURIER.

SonOfMyths73

I have an idea. Anyone here played Daggerfall? Well, in Daggerfall, there is a book called The Sage that describes an immortal mage who's destiny is to give advice, knowledge, and aid to all magic users. He is known to have premonitions from the gods, is a Breton man, and has lived long enough to know the exact locations of the Word Walls. And before you go saying, "But what if the Dragonborn is a warrior", the Thu'um is just another form of magic, is it not? That is how Bethesda described it, anyhow. So it is entirely likely that these letters are being sent by the Sage. He's the most powerful mage in existance, more so then even the Psijic Monks; He would have the magical power to peirce even the veil of Oblivion.

Another theory is that the sender might be another Dragonborn. I choose to believe that the map being a zoom out of the mind is actually a power that all Dragonborn possess. It would explain the seeming omnisience of Uriel Septim in Oblivion; The Dragonblood is said to be the blood of Akatosh, who is omnicient; and another Dragonborn, presumably an heir of Talos in hiding from the Thalmor, would have had years to master the voice, meaning he could sense the Word Walls in the same way as the Greybeards.

Just throwing those two theories out there.

SonOfMyths73

And it couldn't possibly be Akatosh, at least not directly, as the Eight don't have the power to manifest physically in Nirn. Indeed, they gave that power up in order to preserve Nirn from Sithis. However, as proof exists in Elder Scrolls lore, Talos is not bound by the same laws, and frequently shows up in Tamriel as a man named Wulf. The Neravarine meets him in Morrowind.

That's not saying the Aedra aren't sending their aid through the use of dreams. Premonitions from the Aedra are a known occurance. The Aedra send dreams to people all the time, using them as a physical hand when their invisable, incorporeal hands won't do. I like to think that there is actually a group dedicated to this cause, receiving dreams from the Nine, interpreting them, and going off on missions to follow the Divines' Will. It might just be one of these seers that is aiding the Dragonborn.

Of course, let's not forget one crucial fact: The Dragonborn, by all laws and customs, has the divine right to lay claim to the Dragonborn throne.

Also, if your the last Dragonborn, does that mean you can't have kids?

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
It's Miraak. He's softening you up for a beating. He can hear you shouting through the "Force"! Oh wait, I think that's Yoda.
th

Pete

I always attribute them to Sanguine. He's the only friend you go out and party with.

jarif

*whispers* It's your companion... so stuff like this don't happen
kharjo-fights-300x187.jpg

Kharjo is there, even in your nightmares....

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I wrote that actually. I'm a little pissed you didn't know it was me. I thought we were friends. :rolleyes:

Daelon DuLac

JoeReese

It's the courier. Guys, think about it. No one has suspected the courier, and no one would suspect a courier. Plus, the courier is ESSENTIAL. HE CAN'T BE KILLED. IT'S THE COURIER.

THE COURIER IS TALOS!!!!
And apparently Talos is a chipmunk? That explains SOOOOOO much. :)
A dramatic one at that. It all comes together now. Simon, Theodore, and Dave are all jealous that THEY didn't get to be gods, so they formed the Thalmor. It all fits perfectly.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I have an idea. Anyone here played Daggerfall? Well, in Daggerfall, there is a book called The Sage that describes an immortal mage who's destiny is to give advice, knowledge, and aid to all magic users. He is known to have premonitions from the gods, is a Breton man, and has lived long enough to know the exact locations of the Word Walls. And before you go saying, "But what if the Dragonborn is a warrior", the Thu'um is just another form of magic, is it not? That is how Bethesda described it, anyhow. So it is entirely likely that these letters are being sent by the Sage. He's the most powerful mage in existance, more so then even the Psijic Monks; He would have the magical power to peirce even the veil of Oblivion.

I just read that book! Its really interesting and good to see that not all immortal mages are evil power hungry necromancers. For you viewing pleasure:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Sage

Go on read it :p There are a few words there, but it is an interesting story.

Daelon DuLac

I FINALLY! got another letter from a friend on this new build! Of course it was right after I thum'd at the Western Watchtower and it was trying to send me to Hag's End, so it'll be a while before I respond. Uhm... dude, level 7 is not appropriate for Hag's End, I don't care what difficulty you're playing on. What? Are you trying to get me killed? I'm going back to my Friend being Miraak. Him = kill me; Talos = kill me?

Tyer032392

I hadn't actually considered a god, but i like the talos idea. Or maybe Mehrunes Dagon? He wants you to wreak havoc upon all of Tamriel, so maybe he is tipping you off so you become more powerful?

Hermy Mora maybe?

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
The real answer is that Bethesda was too lazy to actually have a story behind the letters from a friend or any lore to back it up, and they just figured, it didn't matter... that's my best guess.

Daelon DuLac

The real answer is that Bethesda was too lazy to actually have a story behind the letters from a friend or any lore to back it up, and they just figured, it didn't matter... that's my best guess.
Meow!
th

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
IT IS THE EBONY WARRIOR! MAKES SENSE THAT HE APPEARS AFTER LEVEL 80 BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY WENT IN ALL THE RUINS BY THEN!

Colonelscout312

The Descendant of Tiber Septim.
Here is a crazy idea. You from the future traveled back in time, before you were born, and found all the words of power, and than sent letters to you, because the future depended on it.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts