• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dallas-Arbiter

it could be Paarthurnax or even the Emperor
How? Paarthrnax is at the top of The Throat of the World, the only people besides you that can see him is the Greybeards. The only person other than the PC that goes up to the monastery is Klimmek, and he doesn't go inside, and they don't come out until he's gone.

And the Emperor? Um, he doesn't show up in Skyrim until he gets whacked on his ship. I personally think it's either the "crazy" preacher dude or either Balgruuf, Hrongar, or Farengar.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I'm not too concerned about who sends them, but I would really like to know how they manage to learn that I used a Shout in some remote location and hire a courier who knows exactly where to find me no matter where I am in Skyrim—ALL IN THE SPAN OF ABOUT TEN MINUTES.

Forget it, I know who sends them. It's the Doctor, clearly.

Jorge10466

How about the psijic order?

That might make sense...there has been one of the Psijics that have helped you, perhaps it could be them. Although the Talos idea may be a good one...the Psijic prediction is supported by actions from one of the Psijic members from the College of Winterhold questline.

Aquillus

I always assumed Delphine for two reasons.
1: She signed her letter as "a friend" during the 'fetch the horn' quest.
2: The above reason, and Bethesda was simply too lazy to make a "she wouldn't say" variant of the courier's dialogue.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
The Doctor, Chuck Norris, or an unknown dragon. They all make sense. Maybe even Hermaeus Mora. Hermaeus Mora values knowledge and learning above all else, and what are shouts but knowledge of a collection of words and their meaning? Hermaeus Mora would have no reason to help the Dragonborn other then curiosity of the results. He also has the means to know when you use a shout, where to find them, and the means to know where to tell the courier to look for you.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
The Doctor, Chuck Norris, or an unknown dragon. They all make sense. Maybe even Hermaeus Mora. Hermaeus Mora values knowledge and learning above all else, and what are shouts but knowledge of a collection of words and their meaning? Hermaeus Mora would have no reason to help the Dragonborn other then curiosity of the results. He also has the means to know when you use a shout, where to find them, and the means to know where to tell the courier to look for you.
YES It is CHUCK NORRIS!!!

VKitKat

Most Commonly known as The Dragonborn
I think the first one where you "You caused quite a stir in (Add location here) When you demonstrated your Th'um" is Delephine... I mean, even if it isn't is has to be someone who is RELATED to the main questline, MAYBE Esbern, Delephine, possibly the Jarls. It just has to make sense.

VKitKat

Most Commonly known as The Dragonborn
Why exactly would it be a god? They could just come down from the heavens to tell you that. if they have time for a letter, they have time to visit you.

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.

A "Grotesque Mass of Tentacles" handing me a letter wouldn't exactly sit right in my conscience.

The Twitchy Cat

Batman is shocked at your comment.
I don't think anyone in particular is sending them, they're just letters delivered by courier to help you find a new shout.

Blodskaal

I always thought it was Alduin or one of his other dragons for some reason, mainly because there always seemed to be one waiting or attacking you on the way, sort of to lure you to there to kill you and they'd be able to sense you shouted or whatnot, wherever. I imagine they are still sent after Alduin's gone though and then there is the whole big dragon speaking to the courier and him not questioning it. Until reading these replies I never thought about it being a NCP

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
It's a conspiracy. Everyone in Skyrim has earpieces in and know whenever you shout and talk down their mic to their superior to send a letter. Lol I'm joking. I vote Talos too. :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts