• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Elsa laughed easily, enjoying conversation with the nord. Reaching up to gently stroke her bow with quiet pride Elsa shook her head, "Eleven years? Why old man, I worry for you in your old age! But fear not, I'm hear to watch your back. Though I'm afraid mine and Ulfvindr's story is one that will have to wait. But it is quite a tale, I assure you, it's worth waiting for." Grinning impishly Elsa glanced at Zhar and hoped they would be off soon. She was increasingly eager to be away, the promise of the unknown calling to her.

Darkfall998

Dar'Saie ran a quick check of his belongings.
    Weapons. Check.
    Armour. Check.
    Poisions. Check.
    Arrows. Check.

After a long list, he was ready.
    Remember. You are here to take all that looks valuable, regardless of what it triggers. If needs be, kill the others and take it all for yourself. He thought to himself as he went to find the others and get going.

AS88

Staff member
    "Eleven years? Why old man, I worry for you in your old age! But fear not, I'm hear to watch your back. Though I'm afraid mine and Ulfvindr's story is one that will have to wait. But it is quite a tale, I assure you, it's worth waiting for."

Kjorvir laughed out loud at Elsa's jibe.

"Aye lass, maybe I'll be old when they stop singing my song at Jorrvaskr, or when I'm too old to ride my horse. We'll see how you and Ulfvindr get on when you crack that crypt door open, hopefully you'll have the speed of the wind and the spirit of the wolf on your side, eh?"

Knowing that Elsa would be the only one to understand his riddles, he gave a curt nod and trotted past Dar'Saie, eyeing him with suspicion. The mysterious Khajiit hadn't shaken his hand, nor given his name when Kjorvir introduced himself. Damn thief will get what he's coming to if he's not careful.

Sierra312

The knight was pleasantly surprised as Elsa sidled up to him.

"I just told Zhar he could meet us with the others down by the stables. It seems my curiosity has won out again. So...what kind of horse is Frost?"

"A good one," the Redguard replied staunchly. He admired the vantage point the high stone walkway into the city offered them, spanning the river which twisted below like a bright silver serpent in the first rays of early dawn. Sander was glad Elsa had accompanied him as they shared the view together.

As they reached the stable, steam rose from the stalls as the pressed bodies within champed and snorted out frosty plumes of breath.

Sander made for the door where he had secured his mount the night before, slinging the tack and saddlebags onto his shoulder. He clicked his tongue sharply.

"To me, Frost." A quiet whinny came from the shadows within and there were the unmistakable sounds of a large animal getting to its feet as the destrier emerged, tossing his head. The stallion was a magnificent animal; a heavy-set chestnut sabino with high white stockings, bald pale face and his withers and flanks were dusted with roan - it was this characteristic which made it appear as if he were coated in a fine layer of ice or rime, and lent him his namesake.

Sander gently saddled and bridled his steed, offering him the apple he had saved from breakfast as he buckled on the horses armour and bags, blowing into the stallions flared nostrils. Frost snorted warm air back into his face as reply, whickering softly.

The knight carefully rubbed the horses muscles as his companions chatted around him, almost entirely absorbed in the care of his animal.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    "Aye lass, maybe I'll be old when they stop singing my song at Jorrvaskr, or when I'm too old to ride my horse. We'll see how you and Ulfvindr get on when you crack that crypt door open, hopefully you'll have the speed of the wind and the spirit of the wolf on your side, eh?"

Elsa was pleased to see Kjorvir understood, she took pleasure in their quiet understanding and she winked at him, crossing her arms and tapping her fingers against her bracers. She was pleased to see the Dar'Saie was speaking up, although she felt the sharp pang of competition at his words. Eyeing him closely she flexed her nimble and dextrous fingers. Something about the khajit made her feel uneasy, those quick feline eyes clever and sly. She had a feeling he would turn on them if it preserved his interests. If that was the case she would be happy to spill his guts herself.

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
    Zhar was glad his companions were introducing themselves, he kept a patient demeanor and watched the group shake hands and talk about horses. He turned his eyes to the sky, the horizon ahead looked like excellent traveling weather, he took a long breath and exhaled with pleasure. It was good to finally be out of that rotten city.

Zhar cupped his hands and shouted to his companions "Alright, let's move out. I would like to make it to Whiterun hold before night fall!" And with this he turned and began to walk southward, leaving the stone walls of Windhelm behind him. He muttered to himself how he hoped that there were to be clear skies during their travels.

Southward the group traveled, through the forests of Eastmarch, crossing the Darkwater River, and into Whiterun Hold they went. The sky remained blue and clear, not a single cloud hid the sun, its rays warming the travelers as it began it's descent below the horizon. As the group made their way up the winding road towards the west, Zhar stopped at the side of the road and informed his company to gather round.

"Ahead of us is Valtheim Towers, an ancient Nord outpost that often houses bandits and soon-to-be adventurers. I plan on setting up camp within the towers, they offer the best cover and we won't have to attract the attention of the Whiterun guard." Zhar gazed into the eyes of his comrades as they listened to what he was saying. " I'm not sure if there are any bandits in there so we may have to take care of them. Is everyone ok with the plan?"

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    " I'm not sure if there are any bandits in there so we may have to take care of them. Is everyone ok with the plan?"

Elsa had been enjoying the journey so far, happy to make idle chatter with her new companions. The climate was turning warmer as they travelled south, the thief pushing the thick wool of her cloak behind her shoulder so that she might warm her arms in the midday sun. Following Zhar's gaze Elsa observed the towers. From the position they were in Elsa could see an outcrop of trees to the left of the path. If she could climb up the rocks and into one of the tall pines she was certain she would have a good chance of scouting the area.

"If I were to climb into one of those trees I might be able to get a better idea if there are bandits, give us the element of surprise." She was more thinking aloud at this point, her sharp eyes focussed on the best way to gain access to a better viewpoint. Picking out a particularly stout tree she settled her mind, silently removing her pack, bow and quivers. Unclasping the front of her cloak she placed her belongings carefully on the ground. The tree she had picked lacked any low hanging branches however. She would either need a boost or she would have to find some way to get high enough. Her pride forced her to search for some kind of launch pad, her eyes spotting a convenient boulder that would do just fine.

"If I catch anyone touching my things you'll wish you were trapped in Oblivion compared to facing me. Understood?" Making sure her hair was tucked behind her ears Elsa exhaled before breaking into a light run, launching herself from a large rock up onto a thick branch. Her gloved hands gripped onto the rough bark, the wood scraping against the exposed skin of her upper arms. Using her momentum she kicked a foot upwards, her ankle hooking around the branch. Panting from exertion Elsa stuck her tongue out in concentration, using her strength to pull herself up to a sitting position on the branch, her legs either side of the wood. Taking a moment to gather herself the thief moved to a crouching position, moving in towards the trunk of the tree before making her ascent. She thanked her light body weight as she climbed higher, the wood gently creaking in the wind. Her hands and feet found holds with practised ease, and she was quickly high enough to have a good view of the Valtheim towers. Her vision was sharp and looking closely she could pick out one bandit by the entry way of the closest tower, and possibly three archers upon the bridge.

She was unfamiliar with the fighting styles the group possessed however and she supposed they would need to form some kind of plan for this to run smoothly. Slowly she began to descend back down the tree, her movements graceful as she navigated the best path. Soon enough she stepped onto the branch she had first grabbed hold of. Dropping from the height she landed with little effort, standing up to rub her hands on her thighs and push her hair from her face, a few strands having come loose during her climb. Walking back over to the group she stood under the canopy, the dappled light shifting over her skin as she crouched to gather her items. "There looks like three archers on the bridge, you'll have to watch for them. There's another by the entrance to the first tower. He should be easy enough, his position is weak."

Sierra312

Sanders eyes never left the beautiful Nord as she clambered into the treetops with reckless abandon. Her lithe grace, fluid movements and masterful dexterity as she moved swiftly up the boughs put him in mind of a pine marten, supple and powerful, but also agile and alluring.

Handing her the gourd of water he normally kept slung on his sword belt when she alighted once more, the Redguard busied himself about Frosts saddlebags, unwrapping a heavy item swathed in oilcloth which gleamed where the light struck it.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Fastening her bow and quiver Elsa took a deep breath, unable to muster the effort just yet to wipe away the thin sheen of sweat that now covered her forehead and chest. She smiled weakly as Sander handed him is water, and she made sure not to drink too much, despite the cool liquid renewing her energy in the most delicious way.

"Thanks Sander." Handing the redguard his gourd she absently wiped away a few stray drops from the corner of her mouth before turning to look at Zhar. "So, what do you think? I'm not the best at ground tactics so I'll leave the planning to you I think."

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
    Shortly after Zhar finished speaking Elsa began to plan her ascent into the tree. He watched her leap from rock to limb with skill and her nimble frame allowed her to find a vantage point. She climbs as well as any Khajiit I've ever seen. His blue eyes stared at Elsa as she peered at the towers, the sun glistened off her skin and it looked warm and inviting.

With great dexterity Elsa jumped down from her perch, landing without effort, and walked to her belongings. She kept herself busy picking up her equipment as she told of the four figures she spotted at the tower. A plan of attack began to brew in Zhar's mind. He wondered how he could quickly dispatch of the bandits without causing them to bunker down into the far tower. His company needed a place to rest and the sun was descending ever so steadily.

A smile came across Zhar's face. It's simple, make them fight one another. Of course he was thinking about the figured on the bridge. If they began to fight amongst themselves it would give us a distinct advantage. "I have a plan. I will cast a spell at the three archers that will cloud their minds with violent thoughts, causing them to attack one another. With the archers busy Elsa can loose an arrow at the figure standing at the door of the first tower. With the door guard dispatched Dar'Saie can sneak into the tower and try to eliminate any who are in the first tower, remain hidden. Kjorvir and Sander can hide by the door once Dar'Saie confirms the first tower is clear. Elsa can move to the top of the first tower, when she is in position she will give Kjorvir and Sander the ok to cross the bridge. Remember to keep your shields up in case they fire arrows at you. Elsa can rain her own arrows down at anyone who crossed the bridge. I'll fire lightning at any archers who try to eliminate our warriors crossing the bridge. If all goes well we will have the towers with plenty of sunlight left to prepare our dinner. Is everyone ready?"

Sierra312

Turning from his activity, the knight took the waterskin back from Elsa and gulped a brief drink himself, before hitching it to his belt and placing the now unwrapped full helm on his head.

His breathing ringing harsh and loud inside the metal shell, outwardly he presented a silent and fearsome visage. The burnished helm caught the light, highlighting an ancient sigil engraved upon its brow. The visor had two dark slits for eyes, unfathomable yet watchful. The elegant faceplate tapered to a spike at the jaw.

Now fully clad from head to toe in his armour, the knight appeared invulnerable; a man of steel.

Hearing Zhars plan, he nodded his assent.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Elsa nodded at her instructions, pulling Ulfvindr from her back, the polished ebony catching the sunlight as she gripped the familiar wood, her fingers holding it with ease as if the wood remembered her touch. Reaching back she picked an ebony arrow from her quiver, nocking it without fuss and gently testing the pull on the string. Satisfied she lowered the bow and looked curiously at Sander who was now standing with the stoicism of a talented warrior, silent and powerful. In all honesty she found it a little unsettling and thanked the divines he was on her side.

Nodding at the group Elsa scoped out the road, walking over to a fallen tree. Using it for cover she lined up her shot, waiting for Zhar to give her the signal she would need. Pulling back the arrow she concentrated on breathing deep and slow, her eyes trained on the scantily clad woman guarding the door on the first tower.

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
    Moved into position behind a tree, from there he could easily see the guards on the bridge conversing among each other. He also spotted an archer on the far side of the river, standing on a small cliff. He was warming himself by a small fire. Turning his head Zhar met Elsa's eyes, silent communication told him she was waiting for his signal. He looked back at Sander, a fully armored knight worthy of song, who stood by his horse, prepping himself for the upcoming battle.

Sierra312

The Redguard knights breathing grew more ragged and irregular as his adrenaline spiked. Feeling numb, he tied Frosts reins to the tree Elsa had climbed earlier, fumbling awkwardly with the knots in his gloved hands.

"How can a man be brave if he's afraid?" he had asked his father, once, a lifetime ago.

"That is the only time a man can be brave," Joric Frostfount told him.

Calming his nerves and inhaling more deeply now, the knight focused.

Getting ready to make the sprint to the tower door with Kjorvir shortly after Dar'Saie reached it, he gave a brief nod to the feline thief and the bulky Nord warrior.

Taking a knee in the earth, Sander readied himself.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Wetting her lips Elsa readied herself, loosening her bow a small amount while the others got into position, knowing that if she pulled back fully she would only strain and fatigue her arm. She looked up to watch the leaves, noting the breeze that made the leaves shiver and dance. She hoped that she would be able to account for the wind, that her shot would ring true when the time came.

Her throat felt tight, her heart thumping against her ribcage as she waited for the mage to give her the okay. Swallowing she knew she couldn't afford to let her focus slip as Sander, Kjorvir and Dar'Saie moved into place, Sander nodding once he seemed happy in their formation.

AS88

Staff member
    Kjorvir tied Fjori's reigns to a nearby hidden tree, and returned with a smile. He lay on the ground, and stretched his body out in movements apparently alien to the others. He leaned over onto his side, and stretched his leg across his body and outwards across the dusty ground, and then the other. He sat up and touched the pointed ends of his boots, and stretched his back in both directions. He then rose to his feet, and stretched his arms and shoulders. He couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"What? You've never seen a man stretch before? It's good for the soul, boy, and stops cramps. You look tense, maybe you should try it some time. I don't much want to be fighting alongside a jittery young'en with cramps in his muscles, though it wouldn't be the first time."

He looked up to Zhar, who'd got into a perfect position to disrupt the bandits with powerful magic, and to Elsa, who was readying her bow and already had an arrow nocked. Kjorvir was often tense before the first skirmish alongside new associates, although today felt good, and he was quite relaxed. He considered the party one by one. Zhar was obviously a surprisingly wise and powerful mage, but with a level head it seems so far. Elsa would hit her first mark square between the eyes, no doubt, after rising up through the branches like none he'd ever seen before. Young Sander seemed a little green in battle, but was clearly well trained and honorable, and the other Khajiit looked focused enough. Time's wasting, let's get on with this.

Sierra312

"Boy?" the knight thought incredulously.

"You look tense, maybe you should try it some time. I don't much want to be fighting alongside a jittery young'en with cramps in his muscles, though it wouldn't be the first time," the blustering Nord continued. If this was an attempt to belittle or intimidate him it was not going to work. Sander was assured in his own skill and above such pettiness. Perhaps the bluff warrior was being obnoxious; a show of bravado for the sake of bolstering his own self-confidence, although the knight did not doubt his ability, merely questioned at his arrogance.

"I find the highest appreciation, sir, is not to utter words, but to live by them," he replied innocuously.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Elsa listened to the pair bicker, Kjorvir apparently pressing one of Sander's buttons. While they were talking they were wasting time, and that was time that the bandits might spot them even in cover.

"As much as I enjoy your banter ladies, do you think we could settle down some time today? Ulfvindr is getting antsy and I'd really like to send this arrow into someone's chest." Elsa didn't mean to sound irritable, but she was getting impatient waiting for Zhar's signal. It had been so long since she'd been able to enjoy herself like this and the thought of showcasing her bow skills was far too tempting. Looking over at Dar'Saire she observed his bow with rapt interest. Mentally setting up a tally she decided to keep track of their shots. Something to help keep her motivated.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts