• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Elsa simply rolled her eyes. "Are you so sure? A frankly suicidal khajit, a mage no less, in Windhelm with a job concerning a Legend and myth. That to me sounds like a very, very good choice. Besides, if everything goes wrong you've got a knight by your side to make sure it doesn't get out of hand. A very good choice indeed."

Looking to Sander she cocked her hip and took another bite from the apple. "What do you think Sander? Is this a terrible idea or the start of a very interesting few days? If you have any sense about you I suggest you agree with me." Letting loose a small laugh she decided that yes, this was a very good idea. Perhaps one of her best so far.

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
    Hearing Sander trying to speak in the tongue of the Khajiit made Zhar burst with laughter. Of course he meant no disrespect by it. Never has Zhar heard a man attempt to speak to him with a title that is addressed to Khajiit mages. "Please don't refer to me with 'Jo', it is unnecessary. My name is simply Zhar and it is perfectly acceptable to address me as such. As for your question: yes we can stop by the stable upon leaving town, it is at the end of the bridge anyway. You have a horse there?"

Elsa's idea of having a knight protect him if anything go awry was insulting to the Khajiit. For starters Zhar was a master wizard that could defend himself, second he disliked the Elsa idolizing the young Reguard. "Watch your tongue missy, don't tempt me to show you the power of magic. I do not need a knight to protect me."

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Caught off guard by Zhar's reaction Elsa couldn't help but straighten up, holding her hands up in surrender. "Hey, I didn't mean anything by it. I didn't mean to suggest that you couldn't hold your own. You've got to be pretty damn powerful to earn your title." The thief shifted a little uncomfortably, terribly aware that the khajit's abilities seemed to be a topic she would do well to avoid for fear of sticking her foot in her mouth.

Pausing Elsa replayed his words in her head, finding herself stuck on one particular part. "Wait. Missy? Missy?" Elsa decided she did not enjoy that particular name. Zhar was fortunate she had decided she liked him, else that 'missy' would have earned him a far more irate response. Taking a bite from her apple Elsa crossed her arms over her chest, she wondered how long it would take her to say something truly offensive.

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
    Zhar could see the displeasure in Elsa's body language. His ears flattened and he lean over to her "Sorry." He straightened himself up in his stool. "The waiting is getting to me. I would like to leave but we are still waiting on Kjorvir. Maybe I should summon a dremora and have him knock on his door. That would surely get him going"

Sierra312

"If everything goes wrong you've got a knight by your side to make sure it doesn't get out of hand."

His heart soared at the compliment, despite the shamelessness of her flattery.

"What do you think Sander? Is this a terrible idea or the start of a very interesting few days? If you have any sense about you I suggest you agree with me."

The Redguard turned to face Elsa as she looked at him expectantly; there was mischief in her emerald eyes and she gave a tinkling laugh.

"I expect we'll soon find out," was his reply, a smile playing round the corners of his mouth.

Hearing a bizarre mewling noise followed by a hacking snarl he found Zhar doubled over in what appeared to be either some kind of fit or paroxysms of mirth. After recovering, the Khajiit explained: "Please don't refer to me with 'Jo', it is unnecessary. My name is simply Zhar and it is perfectly acceptable to address me as such. As for your question: yes we can stop by the stable upon leaving town, it is at the end of the bridge anyway. You have a horse there?""

Sander smiled. "I meant no offense. My mount is stabled there, yes."

Zhar's mood though, changed abruptly; his tail twitched, evidently something Elsa said had irked him. The Khajiit appeared to be as temperamental and capricious as the tides of the Topal Sea in his native Elsweyr, and he rebuked the Nord: "Watch your tongue missy, don't tempt me to show you the power of magic. I do not need a knight to protect me." His tone was relatively playful, but Sander sensed danger there, hidden beneath the surface. The cats demeanour had shifted as rapidly as a storm appearing on a weather horizon.

He raised a gloved hand in an attempt to diffuse the situation and calm his irate companion.

"Have a care, sir."

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    It seemed everyone was eager to be off, Elsa struggling to reign in a sigh of exasperation. Although she appreciated Sander's attempt to dissolve any tension she found herself simply shaking her head, a soft smile tugging at her lips at his almost cliche behaviour. It was rare for Elsa to encounter such an apparent paragon of morality, even more so that they might be on her side in any kind of situation.

"It's fine, I understand you just want to be off. I'm sorely tempted to go looking for him myself." Going quiet for a moment Elsa recalled the faces she saw speak to Zhar the night before. "Kjorvir? Is he the big nord I saw knock on your door?" Her question was asked out of innocent curiosity, but she couldn't quite forget the nord's way of meeting her gaze. Chewing her lip in thought she chose instead to focus on Sander's inquiry about his horse. "I assumed we would be walking, but if you have a horse I expect you'll bring him along?"

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
    "Kjorvir is a big Nord, that's true. A warrior by the looks of it. He was somewhat hesitant to join because I'm not offering a typical reward of gold. Understandable though."

Sierra312

Elsa sighed at the gesture and he realised his action had been unnecessary.

"If she had wanted your help she would have asked for it," he chided himself silently. Elsa was clearly no damsel in distress, he thought ironically, and wondered if she thought him arrogant for attempting to leap to her rescue. "The action one would expect from a knight." Perhaps such actions were a tad stale, and unwarranted.

Hearing her and Zhar discussing a Nord warrior, Sander listened, mindful of the fact he was not yet acquainted with all of their party.

"I assumed we would be walking, but if you have a horse I expect you'll bring him along?"

Elsas question startled him. "I had not intended to stroll idly through the Reach with naught but my good intentions. A horse will keep you out of danger, and can make good company."

"I daresay they eat apples more delicately too," he teased, to lighten the mood.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Hearing Zhar's recount of the nord she saw reason for the warrior's hesitation. She only hoped it would not cause any trouble.

Sander seemed to be chastising himself, it was an expression he wore often. She wondered if she should go easy on him. But then, just as she begins to wonder if her joking nature is too much he returns with his own wit. Gasping she dramatically holds her hand to her chest. "Good sir knight are you suggesting your steed have better manners than I? Surely that's no way to speak to a lady?" Hey eyes sparkled in the gentle light of the morning, glad that the knight saw fit to lighten the mood. Especially considering her caution concerning horses. It wasn't that she was afraid, she just chose not to employ their services. She preferred to travel on foot.

Looking to the window she hummed, it was getting light and she wished to be away. "If Kjorvir doesn't join us soon I'll pick the damn lock and drag him out myself."

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
    Elsa's play with Sander led Zhar to let out a long sigh and roll his eyes. "Elsa be careful. Mayhap this knight would like to put you on his horse and let it run off with you." Obviously Zhar was attempting to joke with Elsa. He enjoyed seeing her bicker with him but he made sure he did not make her upset. "As for Kjorvir we could have you pick his lock, I'll cast an invisibility spell, sneak into his room and cause a commotion. Bet he will think his room is haunted and he'll want to leave quickly." Zhar's childish idea of a prank caused him to snicker. He turned his head to Elsa and smiled. "I'm going to go check on him. I'll be back."

Zhar get off of his stool and walked away from the bar, leaving Elsa behind with Sander. A decision Zhar hated but he could still see them from Kjorvir's door so he felt a little more at ease. Zhar knocked on Kjorvir's door and waited for a response.

Sierra312

Elsa received the jape in good grace, assuming an expression of mock horror. "Good sir knight are you suggesting your steed have better manners than I? Surely that's no way to speak to a lady?"

"If you'll walk down to the stables with me, I propose we put that to the test. Frosts dining etiquette is impeccable."

He smiled good-naturedly at Zhars jests, glad everybody was in good humour.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Elsa grinned at Zhar's suggestion that Sander might whisk her away on his horse. "If Sander does indeed plan to do so I'd like to see him try. I'm told I'm very hard to catch." Apparently finished with her apple she tossed it into a waste bucket behind the bar, a pleased look spreading across her face when the core landed in her make-shift goal.

As Zhar left to see where Kjorvir was Elsa let out a content sound, hoping they would be able to leave this miserable city behind them sooner rather than later. Smiling at Sander's suggestion she shook her head sadly. "I'm afraid I can't. I know when I've been beaten and I dare say Frost has come out on top today. I simply couldn't face the humiliation."

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Watching Sander walk off Elsa looked to where Zhar stood. It wouldn't hurt to go with the knight but she would let the khajit know where they had wandered off too, it was only polite. Crossing the room she tapped Zhar's arm, letting it rest a few seconds to know she had his attention. "Sander and I will be down at the stables if you need us. I think he's just getting his horse ready. We'll see you soon." Smiling warmly she made to leave the tavern, stopping to appreciate the frigid weather once she was outside.

She could see Sander up ahead, he hadn't got too far. She jogged down the icy steps, stopping to give a coin to the beggars who often loitered around the area. Once satisfied she quickened her pace, managing to catch up with Sander by the time he had left the main walls and started to walk along the bridge. As she fell into step with him she cleared her throat. "I just told Zhar he could meet us with the others down by the stables. It seems my curiosity has won out again. So...what kind of horse is Frost?"

AS88

Staff member
    "Zhar!"

The Khajiit turned with a start as Kjorvir patted the Khajiit on the back.

"Thanks for breakfast friend, you seem to know me well already. I had a bit of business at the blacksmiths, Oengul insisted I saw him first thing this morning when I spoke to him yesterday. Not bad though, eh?"

The Nord looked down and brandished his new weapon, a beautifully sharpened Glass Sword, with a flicker of flame catching the draught and trailing off the blade. He continued to marvel at his sword as he spoke.

"I did the old boy a favour a few months back, got him some old blade from a cave. Didn't seem anything special to me, but he said it was worth it's weight in gold, so who am I to complain?"

Zhar's disinterested look halted Kjorvir's childlike excitement at his new toy.

"I take it you were waiting for me? I'm sorry friend, I have all my belongings, I'm ready when you are. Where are the others?"

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
    Eyeing Kjorvir's new sword Zhar could see it was of glass make but it was also enchanted with a decent amount of fire. Zhar has seen better but he himself only enchants armor and clothing, he never needed to wield a blade so he never bothered to practice weapon enchanting. However Zhar knew the Nord enjoyed his sword so Zhar gave a nod of approval. "Sanders and Elsa are down at the stables waiting for us. I was coming to collect you and Dar'Saie."

After speaking his part Zhar walked down the hallway where he saw Dar'Saie earlier and told him it was time to leave. With the two men following him Zhar left the warmth of the tavern behind, breathed in the frigid air of Windhelm, and walked out of the main gate.

When the three of them reached the end of the bridge Zhar could see his other two companions standing around a horse, presumably Sander's horse Frost. Zhar walked over and stood next to Elsa "Well so this is your well-mannered horse?" Zhar studied the beast quickly. "A fine steed. Well now that we are all here we can set off for the west." With this Zhar walked to the front of his group since he will be leading his band of hired swords to the hidden tomb. He kept his eyes on Elsa though, he wanted to know how she was going to travel. Zhar, hoping Elsa would join his side at the front, waited for everyone to signs they are ready to move out.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Upon Zhar and the other arriving Elsa pulled a carrot from her pack and offered it to Frost, gently stroking his muzzle. Turning to greet the others she offered her hand to the large nord. Between him and Sanders she supposed she looked tiny, despite being of a decent height herself.

"You must be Kjorvir, we haven't met. I'm Elsa." Her grip was firm as she shook his hand, her demeanour confident and relaxed. She noted the glass sword sheathed at his side and wondered how competent the nord would be in battle. Grinning at Zhar, the thief let her hands rest on her hips. "So, shall we be off then?"

AS88

Staff member
    "You must be Kjorvir, we haven't met. I'm Elsa."

Elsa extended her hand gently, but her grip was firm. The girl's got spirit, good. He noticed her eye his new blade, sheathed loosely at his hip. At least someone appreciates a beautiful tool.

"Aye, that's me. Well I suppose you're the eye-candy of the group, eh?"

He smiled in a friendly manner, and turned to face Dar'Saie and Sander.

"Morning gents, Kjorvir of Dragon Bridge, at your side. If you'll excuse me a second, I'd like to retrieve my own steed. Although I fear she'll suffer somewhat from envy at the hands of your fine animal, Redguard."

With a friendly wink to the young man, he headed around the stables and returned with a large dark horse of his own. Fjori was her name, and she had the look of the horse belonging to an unsung hero, ever ready and reliable, yet never showy or boastful. Steady girl, first impressions and all that.

"This my friends, is Fjori. She'll be happy to carry any supplies of yours that weigh you down."

He turned and shuffled the satchels and packs to a comfortable position on her back after unloading some of his possessions, before returning to the front of the horse and giving her a tender rub on her nose and a calming greeting in her ear. He returned his attention to his new acquaintances with his hand outstretched and ungloved.

"Like I said, Kjorvir, of Dragon Bridge, and yourselves?"

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    "Aye, that's me. Well I suppose you're the eye-candy of the group, eh?"

Elsa simply raised an eyebrow. "Eye-candy? You know I'm more than just a pretty face. Not sure I can say the same for you though." Her tone was light, showing she didn't take offence in any way. However mentally she was on the defensive. The last thing she wanted was to be viewed as less capable. Adjusting the strap of her quiver she lifted her face, eyes closed, to the wind, enjoying the rush of cold air that brushed over her features. She enjoyed the cold, it was familiar to her, and though she often thought of the warmer climate of Cyrodiil, she knew that she would never have the heart to leave the snowy plains that Skyrim was so well known for.

AS88

Staff member
    "Eye-candy? You know I'm more than just a pretty face. Not sure I can say the same for you though."

"I'll take that as a compliment. And if we're lucky, you won't have to find out, although I've been working jobs like these since I was nineteen. That makes eleven years of being more than a pretty face, young one. I'd be curious to see how you use that Ebony of yours, and even more curious to find out how you got your hands on it..."

Kjorvir relished the chance for some good banter with a fellow Nord. He knew that there were probably two thieves in the group of five, but this wasn't uncommon in crypt-based jobs, there's no point in fighting your way in, just to find you can't get past the last few doors and have to turn back, it was a necessary risk. There was just something about being able to tease someone, especially someone he felt so at ease with, that calmed his pre-job jitters and allowed him to relax as he swung himself up onto his horse after shaking hands and exchanging names with the others in the party. He patted Fjori on the side of her neck, and playfully spun her around with a deft flick of her reigns.

"Anything else, or are we ready?"

Fjori whinnied at the attention, and seemed to perk up and scratch at the floor at the mention of the word "ready."

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts