• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
    Elsa's acknowledgement of Zhar's use of the term "Nord Woman" sent an empty chill through his body. He did not want to make her seem less special than she was. "I apologize. I'm not used to calling strangers by their first names. Khajiit often make use of nouns and adjectives to call upon others. I'll be more careful in the future, Elsa" He let loose a smile, his eyes traced the features of her face. He was in a trance. Never before had he met such a seemingly wonderful person.

He watched her agile fingertips move about the flower he had sent her. It's eerie glow illuminating her skin, the shine reflecting in her eyes. He was excited that she found the bizarre flower of interest. Turning his body towards her, Zhar said"That flower comes from an alien landscape to the west called the Forgotten Vale. You can get there through Darkfall Cave. Many years ago the Dragonborn went there while combating the vampire uprising. His expedition piqued the interest of The College and I was sent with a few of my associates to study the vale. It was a beautiful place. In the cave there was no light except for the glowing flora that grew there, but when you approached it they would hide themselves and the cave would go dark, pitch black. If you could find your way to the end of the cave system you will reach an open sanctum at it's heart that is full of large glowing mushrooms and many different species of illuminated plant life. Then if you travel through the pilgrimage portals of Auriel you can find yourself in the Forgotten Vale. A secluded wilderness surrounded by large mountains and glaciers that have strange stripped beasts that glow similar to the flowers. I picked a few of the flowers to test their alchemical properties and brought a handful back to the College for the others to see them. What you are holding, that gleamblossom flower, is a reminder to Tamriel that there is still beautiful mysteries to be found. If we would just look for them..."

The entire time Zhar spoke of his adventure he moved his hands to mimic what he was saying. Reliving his past brought excitement to his eyes and couldn't help but to express himself. His smile kept growing and his voice became very animated. When he was done he just sat and look at Elsa, hoping she was enjoying his rant. With a smile still on his face he apologetically said "I'm sorry if my banter is boring you but I can't help but enjoy my work. The thrill of exploring the secrets of our world fascinates me."

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Seeing that Zhar felt the need to apologise Elsa cringed, raising a hand in a gesture of mercy. "Relax Zhar, I forget the differences between Khajit and Nords sometimes. You'd think I'd be better at it all things considered..." Elsa's gaze drifted to the floor, her mind revisiting the khajit merchants who used to watch her when her father left to sell his goods in Bruma. It was the khajit who taught her how to climb and pick locks after all.

It seemed her concern was unnecessary however as the mage quickly regaled a fantastical story of how he had explored a hidden vale. It was unlike anything she had heard before, far more used to the thrilling tales of battle and bravery warriors would spin for her beside a roaring fire. She caught herself mirroring his excited smile as he recalled his expedition. She was grateful to have spotted his poster the night before. He seemed like the type to stumble upon brilliant adventures every turn he took. "It sounds incredible, I'm only sad to say I have no stories to match it's brilliance. Do you think I would be able to visit The Forgotten Vale one day? It sounds too incredible to miss the opportunity if I can help it."

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
    Hearing Elsa's interest in his story fueled his eagerness to explore the hidden tomb in the Reach even more so. He looked forward to delving into its secrets with her by his side; he could share his knowledge and his thought process as they delved deeper and deeper. As to Elsa's question of whether or not she will ever see the vale, Zhar had planned an answer to just sort a question. "After teasing you with my tale I know you will get to see it one day..." He placed his hand upon hers, the one that held that held the flower, and gave her a smile "And I hope I'll be the one who will take you there."

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Feeling Zhar's warm hand rest upon hers have Elsa pause for thought. Gripping a little tighter to the blossom she felt her throat constrict a little. Way in over your head Elsa, remember, you still have a creepy tomb to explore yet. Offering a small smile Elsa felt herself nodding along with him. Thinking back to her time with the travellers Elsa searched for the right turn of phrase, hoping to put Zhar at ease if she could, still feeling guilty for mentioning his odd greeting. "This one would like that. I think we can arrange something. But let's uncover this mystery of yours first." Looking up she saw another khajit wandering the corridor. Nodding over at him Elsa spoke softly, for Zhar's ears alone.

"He looks like one of the men outside your door last night. Is he with us? It's about time the others emerged after all."

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
    Elsa's impression of a Khajiit addressing itself made Zhar chuckle. When Elsa whispered about another Khajiit Zhar turned his head and saw Dar'Saie walking down the hallway. Turning back to Elsa Zhar nods and whispers "Aye he is with us, his name is Dar'Saie. A thief. Not polite like you. I don't trust him yet. Make sure you keep an eye on him." He turns back to watch the Khajiit thief "I fully expect him to betray us."

Sierra312

Sander was finally roused by a knock at the door, the insistent thudding echoing the beating tattoo drumming against the inside of his skull.

Pressing the heel of his hand into his forehead in an attempt to quell the pounding hangover, the Redguard threw back the covers and staggered to his feet. Scanning the room for the culprit, his gaze was quick to fall upon a bottle of Colovian brandy, drained to its dregs.

Making for the door, he wrenched it open and took the breakfast tray from the waiting tavern girl with a growled "Good morning."

Closing the door, he sat on the edge of his bed and surveyed the plate of food set before him; the rich scent of roast goat and grilled leeks was enough to make his stomach churn, and he relegated the offending food items to the far corner of the room. The honey nut treat and pitcher of milk were received more amenably, and the knight crunched into the skewer before dipping the remainder into the milk and swilling the mixture down, somewhat alleviating his dry mouth.

Next, he busied himself with the task of dressing, pulling on a rough linen shirt over his bare torso and Talos amulet. Fortunately he had had the sense not to sleep in his armour, nor to strip naked and thus surprise any morning callers, as he found he still retained his breeches.

Outfitting himself further in a quilted doublet, arming hose and leather jerkin, he then clad his body in armoured boots and steel-plated surcoat, buckled on his pauldrons, bandolier and swordbelt, and finally pulled on his gloves and vambraces.

Knuckling sleep from his eyes, the knight strode out of his room and into the main body of the tavern, ready to face the day.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Seeing Zhar laugh assured that any offence was forgotten and she breathed a sigh of relief. Best not to offend the boss after all. As he explained Dar'Saie Elsa narrowed her eyes, taking in the slightly dishevelled appearance and recognising all the familiar signs of someone who was regretting how much they had drank the night before. At Zhar's suspicions however Elsa's observation took a turn, mentally agreeing to keep an eye out for him.

Wanting to lighten the mood however, the nord fell back on old habits. "A thief without manners eh? I'm afraid villains like myself are very rare. One of a kind really. I fear I've spoiled your view of us menaces...raised your standards a little too high perhaps." Smiling easily she leant back, resting her back to the bar, her stance relaxed and languid, a contrast to her mind which was already forming plans in case Zhar's fears came to pass and Dar'Saie did betray them. She was willing to give the other khajit a chance though...honour amongst thieves and all that.

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
    Elsa's cleverness always made Zhar smile. He never believed thieves could be so intelligent. "Well then I'm glad I have gotten the chance to meet such a rare and beautiful thief such as yourself." Saying this Zhar took a small bow of the head "The honor is mine" Then he chuckled.

Looking out the window he saw the sun is steadily rising. He wanted to leave the city shortly, but he needed to speak to his company first. "I was hoping to leave soon, let's hope everyone wakes up in time."

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Upon hearing Zhar's response Elsa couldn't stop the loud laugh that burst forth. Swatting at him playfully she attempted to regain her control. "None of that now. You'll make me blush like I'm some sweet young thing and that will do nothing to help my reputation around here." She tapped her foot against the floor as they waited, her eyes catching sight of what looked like Sander. He seemed bigger somehow, taller this morning, but then again, he had been sat down during their conversation. "I think that might be Sander. I assumed he did as I told him and agreed to come along."

Not waiting for a response Elsa cleared her throat and waved over at the redguard who looked like he'd seen kinder mornings. "Good morning, or is it not? You look a little worse for wear friend."

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
    Seeing Elsa wave for the Redguard caused the upper corner of Zhar's lip to curl slightly. Elsa's acknowledgement of another male made Zhar's instincts react but he was able to control himself. "You know of this young Frostfount? He came to me last night asking about the note I posted. How do you know him?"

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Elsa lowered her hand, shrugging her shoulder at the question, seeing nothing odd about it. "Oh that. Well after speaking to you I came out here to have a drink before returning to my room and noticed he was watching me. So of course I took it as a threat and asked him what he meant by it. Turns out it was just a simple misunderstanding. We spoke for a while and I had a good feeling about him, said you could probably use a bit of muscle for this task and that he should think about speaking with you. Why?"

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
    Zhar felt uneasy about what Elsa said."I had a good feeling about him" stuck out and he cringed a little. His wits assured him that he was just overreacting and that she means nothing by it. "So you sent him to me?...I appreciate it." He spoke in a low tone. "Last night I offended him a bit and he list his wits... Everything turned out peaceful though." He watched the Redguard as he walked. Not sure what to make of him anymore.

Sierra312

Sander was quick to pick out Elsa and Zhar amongst those seated in the tavern. The young Nord and her Khajiit companion appeared to be in fine high spirits that morning as Elsa slapped the cats arm in a friendly manner, laughing perhaps at some jest or ribald comment.

Her brilliant green eyes met his across the bar, and she gave him an appraising look before waving to him. As he drew closer, she commented: "Good morning, or is it not? You look a little worse for wear friend."

"I had a troubled night, my lady." Sander could not help his eyes from straying to Zhar as he said so; the Khajiit stared impassively back. "Colovian brandy will do that to a man. I trust you slept well?"

He turned to the cat. "I believe I have you to thank for my breakfast this morning, sir." He slid some coin across the table to the Khajiit - more than enough to cover the cost of the meal, perhaps, but better to be overly zealous than to give offense.

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
    Zhar noticed Sander looked into Elsa eyes. Zhar only kept quiet and watched him. A knight would have no trouble snatching a woman's heart and this Zhar feared. The thought of it brought a maelstrom of emotions through his stomach and he disdained the feel. But still he kept quiet and watched the young knight walk up to the bar.

When Sander brought the gold to Zhar he just shook his head and pushed the gold back. "No need. I need my people well fed before we embark westward. It was my responsibility. I hope you enjoyed it though." Keeping a professional exterior was an obvious choice. He did not want to cause a scene that early morning and he definitely did not want to burn any bridges he has built with Elsa.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Concerned by Zhar's words Elsa felt a frown cross her face. Zhar insisted that there was no bad blood between the pair but she silently chose to keep a close eye on the pair.

However Elsa found her mood lift further as Sander approached. She was always in a good mood when the day started with a new job. Better yet two of the people she was to travel with seemed to be interesting enough to keep her entertained. Hearing Sander's explanation for his tired eyes Elsa winced in sympathy. "Colovian brandy is a fickle friend that's for certain. I'm glad you chose to grace us with your presence however."

The conversation between Sander and Zhar seemed professional, it lacked the ease she felt with them. Very interesting. She was sorely tempted to dismiss it as nothing more than her charming personality and winning smile but she trusted her instincts and they said to keep tabs on whatever under current was present between the pair.

Sierra312

"No need. I need my people well fed before we embark westward. It was my responsibility. I hope you enjoyed it though."

The Khajiit was all business; Sander admired that. However, as he met the cats gaze again he saw something stir in the depths of those blue eyes, something akin to hostility and perhaps . . . fear?

That was strange. Looking back, the Khajiit seemed to have regained his composure, adopting a fixed, flat, stare. "Perhaps I imagined it," the knight considered, and pushed the thought to the back of his mind.

Noticing Elsa watching them, Sander decided to put the gold on the counter to good use: "Drinks, and some apples for my friends here."

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
    "No thanks, I'm not hungry. An ale would be appreciated though." Zhar began to relax some more. He figured if he lost the heart of Elsa to anyone atleast it would be to a knight. The thought made Zhar smile despite being the worst case scenario. He looked at Elsa, and threw his head in the direction of Sander "Nice guy. You made a good choice." Of course this was said through the iconic smile of Zhar.

Turning his head he looked around the tavern to see if Kjorvir was up.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Happy to accept the offer of a drink and an apple Elsa turned, resting both elbows on the bar top. "You two are very generous indeed. Perhaps I'll be a good little nord and repay the favour by hunting a deer for supper one day. I haven't been hunting in a while. Might be fun." Taking the apple offered by Elda she rubbed it against her cape to polish it before indulging in a bite into the crisp flesh, smiling like a child as the flavour filled her mouth.

Hearing Zhar approve of her choice she wiped away the juice that had run down her chin with her fingers. Raising her head with an easy confidence she responded softly, "Of course I did. I wouldn't get very far if I made bad choices."

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
    Zhar took his apple from Elda, thanking her of course, and put it into his satchel. "Well some may say your choice to join me would be a bad choice. No gold payment and the risk of losing your life. It could be seen as insane." Smiling as he joked with her. "But insanity isn't as bad as people think it is. Sometimes it lets you find the answers to the most difficult questions."

Sierra312

As the barmaid brought up the drinks and apples Sander cursed himself for a fool; of course a Khajiit would have little taste for apples, one could tell as much by their dentition.

Irked somewhat by his mistake, he tucked the spare fruit into one of the pouches on his belt, thinking to make use of it later.

Wondering if he had offended the cat, the knight thought to appease him by attaching the honorific for wizard or scholar to his name as he addressed the Khajiit: "Would we chance to stop by the stables as we leave Windhelm, Zharjo?"

He used the term only as a mark of respect, having picked up some Ta'agra on his travels with Ri'saad and Ma'dran.

Smiling at Elsas offer to catch them a deer, his attention was drawn to the ebony bow and quiver full of arrows slung on her back. As he had previously noted by her hands, and now by this elegant weapon, she clearly had some skill with a bow and would have no trouble making good on her promise.

Reaching for a flagon of watered-down ale he took a long draught, listening to his travelling companions banter back and forth.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts