• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Saberlarry

First im sorry if it's not necessary to make a whole new thread about this. Im currently on the mission Reunification of Skyrim and my mission is to talk to Rikke to trigger a new quest but unfortunately she doesn't have the proper dialogue. I've done researches on the internet, seems like a common bug, tried everything people suggest: using cooking pot; fus ro dah and ice form the sh!t out of her; reloading old saves,... None of them work. Im playing on the latest patch, looking for the platinum as there are about 6-7 trophies left. So if anyone knows how to eliminate this bug entirely i would be really appreciated. Thank you and forgive me if my English grammar isnt correct (not a native user)

P.s: sorry, didnt see the Skyrim help section. Some mods please delete this thread

JoeReese

First im sorry if it's not necessary to make a whole new thread about this. Im currently on the mission Reunification of Skyrim and my mission is to talk to Rikke to trigger a new quest but unfortunately she doesn't have the proper dialogue. I've done researches on the internet, seems like a common bug, tried everything people suggest: using cooking pot; fus ro dah and ice form the sh!t out of her; reloading old saves,... None of them work. Im playing on the latest patch, looking for the platinum as there are about 6-7 trophies left. So if anyone knows how to eliminate this bug entirely i would be really appreciated. Thank you and forgive me if my English grammar isnt correct (not a native user)

P.s: sorry, didnt see the Skyrim help section. Some mods please delete this thread
Your English is better than a lot of US high school grads.

Saberlarry

Haha thanks man, anw do you know how to get rid of this bug? I forgot to mention that ive already completed the main story quests and Season Unending, dont know if they have any problems with this.

JoeReese

I'm actually not even sure what bug you're experiencing. I didn't have any trouble with Rikke, except having to call her dirty words and tell her to shut up a little too often. :)

Saberlarry

I'm actually not even sure what bug you're experiencing. I didn't have any trouble with Rikke, except having to call her dirty words and tell her to shut up a little too often. :)

She's supposed to give me the "Reporting for duty" dialogue to trigger a new quest but she doesn't. If you google legate rikke bug and watch a video you might know more

Annageckos

Did you test some console commands? Ex disable enable?

No console commands on the ps3.

I had no problems with that quest so I'm not really sure. One thing I see suggested sometimes to fix glitches to go somewhere away from the quest, like one of you homes, and then wait for 30 days. That resets stuff, but I don't know if it will do anything for that kind of bug.

You may try this will reset cell spaces.. I would not play skyrim on ps3 or in any other console neither mainly due to the high number of glitches which I may find.. That unofficial patches just resolved long ago.

Chadonraz

I've gotten that bug two or three times, but always eventually "fixed" it. However, it was so long ago when I last got it that I'm not sure how. :S
Might've been a few reloads, and one time I simply kept talking to her, exiting and re-initiating the dialogue.

I know I once replayed the previous quest in the questline, whichever it may have been, and was then able to report in.

JoeReese

This is only a guess, off the top of my head, but have you recently reported to Tullius? I know, when I played the Stormcloak side, there were a couple of times I reported to Ulfric and then had to go back to make sure the system understood that I really had reported to him, before Galmar would entertain dialog.

If you haven't been near Tullius yet, maybe take a swing by and see if he tells you anything unusual, before going back to Rikke.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I ran into this bug a while back and I discovered that nothing hostile can be even remotely close by when you open dialogue. I noticed a few other Imperials that were camped there were sheathing and unsheathing their weapons depending on the proximity of the bandits. I went and cleared them out and any bears and wolves that might be hanging around and the whole camp relaxed. It could be a coincidence but once the camp was fully relaxed, Rikke resumed her normal dialogue. Not trying to send you on a wild goose chase though, so...

FCF

After reading the maaaaaaany guesses as to how to fix it, I ran into a solution (at least for me) and it worked multiple times, so it's at least tried and true. I went to the smith at the same camp as Rikke (or fast travel to a camp where he's present if your current camp doesn't have one), buy something from him. Go talk to Rikke- it should still not work at this point. Now go to your map and fast travel TO the camp you are CURRENTLY at. Go talk to Rikke and she should be be functional again. Like I said, it worked multiple times for me. No waiting, no traveling elsewhere. Hope it helps! And I'm aware this is an old topic, but I'm putting this out there because it's still an issue and I've not seen this solution out there anywhere yet!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts