• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Benthos

Proud Mer
Look up specifically "Gaming laptops" they are built to be faster and more powerful for cheaper prices than standard laptops. They are also great for standard use.
Advice from a person who uses a laptop that has the same graphics card as that to play Skyrim don't buy it. Save up you cash to put towards a proper gaming rig, trying to play a game at 8 to 16 Fps makes for bad gameplay.
That's atrocious and should never be encountered especially in such a grand game like Skyrim.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Look up specifically "Gaming laptops" they are built to be faster and more powerful for cheaper prices than standard laptops....
Gaming laptops are more expensive than standard laptops. The cheaper ones, which still cost more than other laptops, won't even run a graphically demanding PC game with stable frame rates at high resolutions and graphics settings.

Jagar

I totally agree, you can find a perfectly fine laptop that runs skyrim well on medium, and skyrim on medium looks really good. But for me personally I would want to get higher end laptop so it would last longer and I'm I'm kinda a snob when it comes to graphics so i would just to spend a little more to try to maximize my purchase.
I know it costs alot for skyrim to do high and what not but i really am willing to settle for skyrim on medium graphics i dont nned to go all out.

Jagar

Actually, in this day and age, you can get a laptop that runs Skyrim just fine on a price range of EVEN under 500 USD (I assume there are many people who live outside the USA). Trust me, I looked for a LOT of laptops while trying to find mine.

You don't NEED the Nvidia geforce high-end stuff to play Skyrim.

If graphics are a must, then you probably will have to spend a lot, but if you will settle for something like the medium graphics (haha, that actually looks great) then you can find something for your price range.
Could you give me a recommendation for a laptop for medium graphics setting at cheapest price please,

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
I don't have the time (read: patience) to read this entire thread, so let's try a few questions, shall we? I think this would be helpful.

1) What is your budget?
2) What size screen would you prefer?
a. Ultraportable; 12" screen or less​
b. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen​
c. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen​
d. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen​
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like or does brand not matter significantly?
5) What tasks will you be performing with the notebook?
6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places or leaving it on your desk?
7) How well do you want it to play games?
8) How long do you hope for it to last for you?

i would invest more money to get a nicer laptop. checkout xoticpc.com they have good deals.

Hell yes to this statement. And their customer service is beyond great. I almost bought a laptop significantly less impressive than the one I got and there was only around a ~200 USD price difference.

Anyone looking for a new gaming laptop or desktop should give these guys SERIOUS consideration!

Caststarman

Could you give me a recommendation for a laptop for medium graphics setting at cheapest price please,
I need to know budget for cheapest, if I have a maximum price, I can usually find one for the cheapest price possible.

My recommendation is the Lenovo z585 if they still have that around. It has a dynamic Video Card which IS integrated. I say integrated but not truly integrated, it has a "Dynamic" class video card. You can function it to act like it has 1 gig of dedicated towards your games. It is really neat seeing as I have never actually bounced it to maximum settings and it can take on things like Minecraft maxing out everything and still somehow manage to top out at 500 fps. The lowest framerate I have gotten while fully max was a 45 fps. Still really decent seeing as I use an hd texture pack.

I am sorry, but I can't get you a recommendation for Skyrim directly seeing as I own it for xbox 360. I just know for a fact its pros and cons since I have tested it out with a lot of other games. Crysis 2 surprisingly runs really well on medium settings.

benfish

That acer you were looking at will do fine on medium. Look up any laptop your considering on notebookcheck.com for some benchmarks.

benfish

My recommendation is the Lenovo z585 if they still have that around.

Or you could get a y400 for about 20$ more and get a gt650m and i7 with the option for duel gt650ms. The single gt650m would get 40fps on high and the duel might be able to get 30 on ultra. but I don't think that he wants to spend over 600$

Benthos

Proud Mer
That acer you were looking at will do fine on medium. Look up any laptop your considering on notebookcheck.com for some benchmarks.
Acer isn't all that great though, each one that relatives, friends, and I have come across didn't even last long.

Caststarman

Or you could get a y400 for about 20$ more and get a gt650m and i7 with the option for duel gt650ms. The single gt650m would get 40fps on high and the duel might be able to get 30 on ultra. but I don't think that he wants to spend over 600$
Hold on, I paid 600 including tax and everything.

It was 550 when I got it :p

Jagar

I need to know budget for cheapest, if I have a maximum price, I can usually find one for the cheapest price possible.

My recommendation is the Lenovo z585 if they still have that around. It has a dynamic Video Card which IS integrated. I say integrated but not truly integrated, it has a "Dynamic" class video card. You can function it to act like it has 1 gig of dedicated towards your games. It is really neat seeing as I have never actually bounced it to maximum settings and it can take on things like Minecraft maxing out everything and still somehow manage to top out at 500 fps. The lowest framerate I have gotten while fully max was a 45 fps. Still really decent seeing as I use an hd texture pack.

I am sorry, but I can't get you a recommendation for Skyrim directly seeing as I own it for xbox 360. I just know for a fact its pros and cons since I have tested it out with a lot of other games. Crysis 2 surprisingly runs really well on medium settings.
i found this one and i think i might just get it because iv heard from friends that its capable for skyrim Newegg.com - lenovo IdeaPad Z585 (59345307) Notebook AMD A-Series A6-4400M(2.70GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory 500GB HDD DVD±R/RW AMD Radeon HD 7520G

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts