Lady's! Why Vilkas & Farkas??

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I think almost every Women/Girl/Queen of the Forums here is married to Vilkas or Farkas for some reason. I've caught this trend in little conv's in alot of threads about it in diffrent things, or see you even have it stated in your Signatures.

and If I'm wrong, who are you married to.

I see it all over the place and I just had to ask. Why are you all Married to Vilkas or Farkas?

If anything, it's good info. Who knows, maybe It would be good advice for Guys incase they ever date a girl who can blow their head off with Dragon Fire.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
If I ever made a female character, I'd have her marry Hadva- oh. That's not possible. :C

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Actually, I'm married to Lydia. Don't really play S'kryim much anymore, but when I do, S'hes waiting for me 3>

Backward's apos'trophe usage go! :D

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
If anything, it's good info. Who knows, maybe It would be good advice for Guys incase they ever date a girl who can blow their head off with Dragon Fire.
That's funny. I like that. :p

First couple of playthroughs I've always had my girl marry Vilkas. Reason was simple for me... he was the best looking (IMHO) with a cool accent and I like his armor. I'm not that shallow in real life of course, but let's just say that my real life husband has a lot more personality than Skyrim husbands. :D

Since then, I've created this mod to make more of the guys look better and outfit a couple of houses that belong to some of the eligible bachelors. As of this moment my girl is still single, but that's because I'm trying to generate an "end savegame" with everything done except for marriage, moving into vanilla houses, and turning followers over to the blades. (Because I change my mind on who, I keep modding vanilla houses, and I kick myself later when I don't want them wearing blades armor forever.) Anyhow.. this is getting offtopic, so sorry.

Clau

The Fateless One
Something about slitting my throat, had I told the circle a month prior to be me, being an outsider as the Harbinger turned me off.

So Farkas it is if I had to choose between both.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Farkas seems to genuinely care about you before and after the end of the Companions' questline. I loved the part where he speaks for you in "Proving Honor," inducting you in as a member of the family. Also, he lets you in on his dark secret like it's no big deal, trusting you implicitly. He's so humble, constantly saying how dumb he is, but he's also smart enough to worry about the afterlife and be ashamed of what he's become. In all my hours in Skyrim, I only married once and it was to him. :)

Docta Corvina

I must be one of the odd ones since I have had no compulsion to marry either one. :eek: Farkas and Vilkas are cute to look at, but I wasn't altogether charmed by them enough as characters to care. Then again, I tend to be weirdly discerning with my tastes.

I married Marcurio in my Xbox file, then Brynjolf on PC. Will marry one of my OCs on a future playthrough though, because I have a serious weakness for gorgeous Imperial men. As if anyone didn't know that already. :p

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
Hmm...bulging muscles, sexy voices, honorable occupation. What's not to love?

To be honest, at first they were my favorites, but I've started leaning toward characters with more personality. I adore Brynjolf and, strangely enough, Mercer Frey. Too bad neither is available in the vanilla version. Actually, the men I like the most are taboo unless you can use mods.

Nadir-Natesse

Proprietor of Thy Lady and Lord
Hmm...bulging muscles, sexy voices, honorable occupation. What's not to love?

To be honest, at first they were my favorites, but I've started leaning toward characters with more personality. I adore Brynjolf and, strangely enough, Mercer Frey. Too bad neither is available in the vanilla version. Actually, the men I like the most are taboo unless you can use mods.

This. ^

I actually intend PC Nadir to marry Vilkas and Farkas mostly because they're the first handsome men she encounters and bonds with. Then she joins the Thieves' Guild and divorces them for Niruin.

PS3 Nadir is probably stay single.

--------

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk 2 for Android.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I like Farkas because he's a good guy, I get along with him, but I wouldn't marry him, I'm a guy so I don't exactly find him attractive, but I prefer his company over Vilkas because Vilkas gives me plops jobs "Oh I was worried I would have to do this myself..." Bitch I am the Harbinger of the Companions the best warrior in all the land and the best you offer me is to find a fluffing bowl...just get out...leave the upside down boat we call a mead hall and leave town.

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
I married Farkas after hearing so much about what a great husband he is, and now I have to agree. Something about how rough and tumble he is on the outside, and how fiercely loyal, then seeing him say things like "Good to see you dear" with a genuinely happy look on his face is, in my opinion, something us girls in the real world look for. A man who can really protect us and love the plops out of us in a tender way at the same time.

Docta Corvina

Haven't tried modding him or using the console to make him marryable yet so I have to ask, if you do that does he have the voiced lines of dialog to go with marriage? Since most characters use one of a certain number of voices it doesn't pose a problem for them, but for a character with a unique voice I am curious.

Yeah, someone created a mod specifically for follower/marriageable Bryn, and they did a pretty good job of editing the voice clips to suit said dialogue. I was and still am quite impressed!

As for the Companions, men...meh, I've never been much of one for the big, burly barbarian (mmm, alliteration!) types. Thus why the Nords largely don't charm me. :p

aussiegirlz

If Serana was available she would have been my first choice since she wasn't I went with Farkas for exactly this reason:

Farkas seems to genuinely care about you before and after the end of the Companions' questline. I loved the part where he speaks for you in "Proving Honor," inducting you in as a member of the family. Also, he lets you in on his dark secret like it's no big deal, trusting you implicitly. He's so humble, constantly saying how dumb he is, but he's also smart enough to worry about the afterlife and be ashamed of what he's become. In all my hours in Skyrim, I only married once and it was to him. :)

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
As for the Companions, men...meh, I've never been much of one for the big, burly barbarian (mmm, alliteration!) types.

For me, it depends on the type of character I'm playing. If she's a sturdy Nord warrior, I go for that type. If she's a sleek and sneaky thief, then Bryn and Mercer are the flavor of choice (though sadly, on PS3, all I can do is pretend my girl is married to them). If she's an insane lunatic who likes to set random people in fire...well, my current Breton chicky has the hots for Cicero and General Tullius. Why she likes Tullius has yet to be successfully explained...

sticky runes

Personally, I got into Farkas because he's one of the few characters that you do form some sort of relationship with. I did the Companions quests quite early in my first game, and Farkas was the first NPC I travelled with since parting ways with Hadvar, and i liked fighting alongside him, and I liked that gruff voice (yeah, that same voice belongs to about 45,000 other men in this game, but Farkas is one of the first ones I met) most of the other marryable male characters are guys that you either pay for assistance, or beat up in a pub brawl, and they'll marry within about 30 seconds of meeting you. But if you wanna marry one of the Companion bros, you have to go on an extensive quest, which allows you to become more familiar with them and form a bond.

That, and the guy knows how to handle a broadsword ;)

mamali

i made 2 characters and one of them was female but never married cuz i'm a evil kind of guy in skyrim.
anyway , from now on i'm going to make my self like Vilkas in real life, see if all girls try to marry me :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts