• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
This is the tale of a sword that becomes legend.

In all my travels searching for worthy opponents, never have I encountered anything more menacing than Karstaag. I'd heard the tales, of course, and so propped his skull upon his throne to bring the beast forth. What transpired next was my death. I had succeeded only in irritating him. Ysgramor's beard, that thing hit hard! Twas obvious that I would need a better blade along with a better helper, so I sent Teldryn Sero on his way, and journeyed home.

I'm not sure why, but I sought out Eric the Slayer. Perhaps it's because I previously equiped him, perhaps because I didn't want to see one of my house carls die. "So, it's adventure you want, aye Eric?" Be careful what you wish for... So Eric accompanied me back to Winstad Manor, where I smithed a set of Carved Nordic Armor with all the best enchantments, just for him- The Armor of the Slayer. Look like a Nord, die like a Nord. He was already equipped with my old Nordic Mace of Furious Bludgeoning, a weapon that had served me well. Young Eric was as ready as he'd ever be.

I then crafted a new blade especially for Karstaag. A Nord Hero sword smithed to legendary status, enchanted with Chaos damage and Absorb Health. The blade was named Karstaag's Demise, and the name rang true. I actually died a few times fighting with Karstaag; my Sanguine Rose was of little use, (I could hear Sanguine laughing from Oblivion as his dremora was obliterated in one blow), and Eric mostly kept his distance to shoot arrows. Many levels of block and heavy armor were gained during the final battle, many potions of healing drunk. When the beast finally fell, I could hardly believe it. And Eric, against all odds, lived.

Karstaag's Demise now hangs proudly on a weapon's rack, along with other Nordic swords of lore. The weapon is far too powerful for everyday use, but I can always call upon it should the need arise. Centuries from now, this blade will have been long immortalized in books, and bard's will sing their tale's of the legend of Karstaag's Demise, it's genesis in the Skyforge, and it's wielding against Karstaag by the ancient Nord Hero, Kohlar the Unkilled. Young adventures, much like myself at one time, will quest for my ancient tomb, seeking the mighty sword.

AJK

I fought and defeated Karstaag last night. Level 74. My usual attack wasn't getting the job done and I died several times (Ebony Sword w/Paralyze + Chaos Damage in my right hand, Close Wounds in my left), so I switched to my Ebony Greatsword with Life Drain + Chaos Damage. The Life Drain effect kept my health full while I hacked away, which is pretty much all I did.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Well done. :beermug:

One aspect of my experience that made it especially memorable is this: When I put my hands upon the enchanting table and began the process of enchanting the sword I would use to slay Karstaag, my bard began singing "The Dragonborn Comes." It struck me as hauntingly prophetic, so appropriate to the moment it was.

Vatonage

Joyeuse et Glorieuse
My attempts to fell Karstaag on recent characters were... Well, let's just say my Dunmer Wizard finally got a taste of levitation magic while fighting him. Even dual Dremora Lords were ineffective, and most battles just became me running around while summoning more Dremori or whatever the plural is. Poor Kruziiklokkro may never slay the mighty Karstaag.

it's wielding against Karstaag by the ancient Nord Hero, Kohlar the Unkilled. Young adventures, much like myself at one time, will quest for my ancient tomb, seeking the mighty sword.

You ought to think about changing that name, being that you died many times whilst fighting the beast.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
The battle was amazing. And make no mistake, Kohlar never claimed to be never killed. Just Unkilled, which means I'm sent forth from Sovngarde again and again to fulfill my mission. Upon each death, I visit the Great Hall. There I drink and I feast among great legendary Nords! Yet their duties are fulfilled. Mine is not, which is why I am sent back again and again... I've explained this many times. Do not question my name, simply do what I've done and be in peace!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts