Janus3003's Skyrim Marriage Counseling

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

thatguy2

Janus,

I am an old man, a former soldier turned Monk married to another warrior. I fell in love with him at a young age, and so we courted and married. We had taken in a child and raised her since she was orphaned and we didn't want to see her resort to thievery to survive. However, we keep debating over whether or not we should do it again. Any help settling this would be appreciated.

Agnar and Alvor White-Beard

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Janus,

I am an old man, a former soldier turned Monk married to another warrior. I fell in love with him at a young age, and so we courted and married. We had taken in a child and raised her since she was orphaned and we didn't want to see her resort to thievery to survive. However, we keep debating over whether or not we should do it again. Any help settling this would be appreciated.

Agnar and Alvor White-Beard

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I'm not sure I understand the question. Do what again? Adopt a child?
That's not something I can settle for you. All I can recommend is you make certain you have the resources to care for another child. Also consider whether or not your current child is lonely and would like a sibling. Finally, be absolutely certain you want another child prior to adopting one. A loveless home is a crappy home.

LuChao

The Martial artist
Dear Dr. Janus
My name is Ragnaar Raven Blood and I have a dilemma I find talking to people to hard to start a relationship I am a very strong loyal helpful man but I just simply have no urge to talk to people how can I get someone to like me in this world without using words?? And also who would you think in these frozen lands would make a good spouse for someone who desires to constantly travel the land and make the roads safe for the merchants and citizens of the world??

Rienne

Master of Complication
Dear Janus,

I feel I've made a terrible mistake.
Upon joining the companions, Farkas and I became very good friends. The whole "shazam! I'm a werewolf" ordeal as well as the deaths our Harbinger and shield-brother brought us closer still.
What happened next was all rather sudden - I didn't notice at the time, but I happened to be wearing an amulet of Mara - and he proposed so sweetly and I've always had a soft spot for gentle giants like him and I said yes!
I was excited at first, but, by the time I got to Riften and arranged the wedding, I was terribly nervous. Did I really want to get married? But, I couldn't back out like that, not so suddenly. Before I knew it, he had said his vows and everyone was waiting for me to say mine and I couldn't do it. Marriage in Skyrim may be sudden, but these people didn't believe in divorce and - nord or not - I wasn't ready for that kind of commitment! Absolutely nobody there liked that answer...
I felt really guilty afterwards (hard not to be) and ended up asking for another chance. Both him and the priest agreed to try again, but only if I showed up at a certain time.
To cut to the point, I accidentally missed the wedding - it really was an accident (Bears... So many bears...). Maramal was furious and I haven't left the Riften area for a while because I'm trying to avoid Whiterun and, somehow, I'm now involved with a group of criminals!
I haven't even seen my son in weeks and, if Lydia's letters are anything to go by, the boy has completely lost it! Wild animals in the house, rabbit legs on the floor, my cheese collection everywhere, and - as if that all wasn't enough! - the boy has burned his clothes and is now running around in his underwear!

Forgive me if this all long winded, but I just don't know what to do!
Much thanks,
- Rienne

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
Dear Janus,
My name is Ashryn, and I have a huge problem. Upon becoming Thane of Markarth the Jarl hired me someone to watch my house, which I don't go to much in the first place, but I found myself falling for him. His name is Argis the Bulwark and every time I'm around him my heart gets all fluttery. But the thing is, I'm always out and about killing forsworn to keep my people safe. Most of the time I don't come home for weeks, perhaps months at a time. No matter how I feel I'm not sure how it would all work out or if he even would accept my feelings. I guess what I'm asking is should I let my feelings know? Or should I not even tell him so it doesn't lead into a neglectful marriage?

A woman in distress,
Ashryn Fenmoria

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts