Issues With Auriel´s Bow Special Not working

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ezequiel18

Hello Community , i wanted to let ask you if you had the same issue like me , when i try to use the blood cursed elven arrows or sun hallowed ones by shooting the sun with the Auriel bow , doesn´t matter how many times do i shoot or how good í am at aiming the sun or how clear the sky is. The effect will NEVER START.

Have any of you have this problem before , anyone could fix this.?

Greetings.

Ezequiel18

Came on , from thousands of people playing this game It is not possible i´m the only one having this issue , PLEASE HELP.

Greedy_Bee

My only theory is that you are indeed NOT aiming at the sun. Or your simply not doing something proper. Try reinstalling dawnguard. But it wouldnt be uncommon that your the only one. I have a bug were i can see the rim of magical light entities. Of course just like you no one has a soulution.

Ezequiel18

I already tried most of the solutions i could came up to , like for ex , Disabling the Dawnguard plug in , which cause to loose all Dawnguard items but after adding the Auriels bow again , the effect won´t work.

I also tried to remove from my inventory and create a new one , same with the arrows , removed all of em. and still nothing happens.

Regarding how do i aim the sun , i tried multiple things , on a blue sky where the sun is up , like 12 pm , shooting consecutively arrows directly against it. afternoon them , evening , with and without clouds. NOthing worked.

Weird thing is that the very first time that i got this goddam bow it worked. I cant find any other way to try and see if ican fix it , i Hope bethesda give us support for all the incomming bugs

Gowsh

Old Fart
I'm on the Xbox.

I only tried it once and nothing happened.

I was uncertain quite how it was supposed to be done, though.

Nice bow, otherwise. Really big. :)

Archis253

I have the same issue. I've been searching for a fix, or even mention of this bug from another player since the day after dawnguard released on PC. I was able to get the power to work about three times, then eventually it just stopped working. I couldn't use bloodcursed or sunhallowed arrows to activate their effect. The sun also stopped flashing red as my aim got close to it.

The bug seems to be reported on the Wiki, but I've yet to find any solution for it.

avarice

I'm having the same issue and it's even worse because i have a mod that makes me take sun damage. everything else about it was really cool but now that Auriel's bow isn't working its basically making it impossible for me to get anything done. I'm also having a glitch where "the world-eaters eyrie" quest won't start and i can't turn into a vampire lord. i don't know if they're related but they all started at pretty much the same time so i thought they could be. i have not found any solutions online or otherwise. i even tried to message Gopher on Youtube for help... no success. Please, if you find any solutions let me know...

new development, while playing skyrim without my vampire mod i figured i'de give one last shot with auriel's bow and bloodcursed arrows. at first i thought i was getting the same results sun staying the same and hindering me as a vampire... but then something weird happened the sun exploded and i mean that litterally it exploded and started killing stuff with bolts of... sun? then my stamina and health started regenerating as if the sun was put out.

rowynyew

I haven't got far enough to encounter this issue yet, but will let you know when or if I do. I'm having my own Vampire Lord issue with not being able to switch to melee mode or use left and right handed spells.

Avarice - I would say it was a mod causing all of your problems. Make sure your load order is correct. Try disabling mods one at a time to see if any of them being disable fixes the problem. If it does then that mod is your issue.

If I find any info on this issue I will post it.

avarice

This is listed as a bug on this site Skyrim:Kindred Judgment - UESPWiki but there is no suggested fix.

Auriel's Bow may glitch and stop working properly which means you wont be able to take out the sun.
I haven't got far enough to encounter this issue yet, but will let you know when or if I do. I'm having my own Vampire Lord issue with not being able to switch to melee mode or use left and right handed spells.

Avarice - I would say it was a mod causing all of your problems. Make sure your load order is correct. Try disabling mods one at a time to see if any of them being disable fixes the problem. If it does then that mod is your issue.

If I find any info on this issue I will post it.

I already tried that. Uninstalled all mods and .esp files with no success the world-eaters eyrie was still locked and I couldn't put out the sun. This makes me think its a glitch with Dawnguard itself. As with many of Bethesdas dlc's and expansions it's initially bugged but most of the problems get fixed in later patches.

Archis253

I'm having the same issue and it's even worse because i have a mod that makes me take sun damage. everything else about it was really cool but now that Auriel's bow isn't working its basically making it impossible for me to get anything done. I'm also having a glitch where "the world-eaters eyrie" quest won't start and i can't turn into a vampire lord. i don't know if they're related but they all started at pretty much the same time so i thought they could be. i have not found any solutions online or otherwise. i even tried to message Gopher on Youtube for help... no success. Please, if you find any solutions let me know...

new development, while playing skyrim without my vampire mod i figured i'de give one last shot with auriel's bow and bloodcursed arrows. at first i thought i was getting the same results sun staying the same and hindering me as a vampire... but then something weird happened the sun exploded and i mean that litterally it exploded and started killing stuff with bolts of... sun? then my stamina and health started regenerating as if the sun was put out.

It seems like you may have shot the sun with sunhallowed arrows instead of the bloodcursed arrows. Because that's what the sun does when you shoot a sunhallowed arrow at the sun from auriel's bow.

avarice

It seems like you may have shot the sun with sunhallowed arrows instead of the bloodcursed arrows. Because that's what the sun does when you shoot a sunhallowed arrow at the sun from auriel's bow.

That's what i thought at first too but then my health and stamina as a vampire started regenerating as if the sun was out. I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen with sunhallowed arrows.

Valenos

There is a solution to this, and one I recently found out. The game recognizes that you have a "spell" when you have received Auriel's Bow. Something caused it to no longer recognize this. So, the fix is to open the console and type: player.addspell 02007ebc. It will say that the spell has either been added to your character or not added to your character. If it says it HAS been added, try the bow. If it says it has NOT been added, type the command again to re-activate it. Then try the bow. Good Luck!

JClarke1953

Hello Community , i wanted to let ask you if you had the same issue like me , when i try to use the blood cursed elven arrows or sun hallowed ones by shooting the sun with the Auriel bow , doesn´t matter how many times do i shoot or how good í am at aiming the sun or how clear the sky is. The effect will NEVER START.

Have any of you have this problem before , anyone could fix this.?

Greetings.

I play on an XBox 360, and I found that if you go into 1st person on your char, and "seeing" through their eye's it helps a lot! I look up into the sky, clouds or not, and you can find a brilliantly lit orb. You might need to jiggle a little, especially on cloudy day's, but it can be found.

Once you do find it, stay in 1st person, get your bow and arrow's ready, find the center of the orb and fire.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts