Is there a way to make a 1-handed version of a greatsword?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I am not aiming to do anything fancy like the UnlockedGrip mod attempted to. I just want to know if it's possible to create a seperate weapon that uses the model of a greatsword, but is otherwise a normal 1-handed sword? I've found some mods that said they did just that, but they either did something different or straight up nothing when I tried them.

Some of the greatswords, especially the single-edged ones like orcish and ebony, are way too small for greatswords imo, and I have a char where they'd look cool as big 1-handers.

Alternatively, is there and easy way to make the blades of said swords longer?

JoeReese

To do that correctly, you'd need to use something like Blender, separate the blade from the hilt, enlarge the blade without changing the hilt, and put them back together. Then re-introduce it into the game as a new mesh. Unfortunately, that's far beyond my abilities.

To do a "simple" stretch of the weapon, you can use nifskope (older versions only, apparently...I can't find this feature in the new ones) and right-click on the mesh > transform > scale vertices. It will take some trial and error to get it to match, and you would have to do all the NiTriShapes, including the actual mesh, and the various blood effects, for it to match up.

To change from 1h to 2h, you would also need to change the NiStringExtraData from WeaponBack to WeaponAxe or WeaponMace, WeaponSword, etc.

This is from (my bad) memory, so you will definitely want to get hold of a tutorial. I'm sure there's one floating around the nexus forums, if you hit the search box there.

Quite a while ago, I did a mod for Oldrim (not sure if you're on Skyrim or SSE) that made a 2H Blades sword, and another that added some swaps between 1h and 2h weapons. It's on my steam page, jreese46. You're more than welcome to use any of the meshes you like, or change them around, or whatever. I haven't attempted anything like it for SSE yet, as the new nifskope doesn't seem to want me to scale any stinking vertices. :/

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts