• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Derath_farseer

"Then I guess I need to hurry." He turns around nodding a good bye to Lilumae as he reaches the steps he spins around once again. "Oh yes if I some how manage to be late and you don't mind a small walk I'll be up in my manor, the big one. So just come fetch me." With that said he quickly leaves the thanes halls and makes his way across the city with a small smile on his face, he had missed adventuring more then he had known. He just hoped this ended better then last time.
    His feet climbed the stairs and made his way past the smaller homes leading to his own, opening the door he withdrew his custom made fur armor, which was reenforced and lined with pockets to hold his knicknacks. He suited up walked into his library and grabbed a book."She might like this.."

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin listened intently to the conversation between the newly arrived mage and the girl, Lilumae. He was slightly disappointed in the arrival of another mage, for his boasts of being a masterful mage himself were slightly exaggerated. His skill in magic was limited to simpler spells, and only a few powerful Illusion's. His facade of a powerful mage would have held up to any normal man, but to a fellow he would be considered weak.

He was also interested to note the fact that Lilumae was a mage as well. He did not feel to threatened by her, as she seemed to be a caring and considerate soul.

In the midst of the conversation between Lilumae and Einarr Edwin saw a dark shape slowly moving up the stairs. He instantly tensed, conjuring a ball of flames behind his back and clutching the hilt of one of his daggers, ready to throw it, if necessary. Then the shadow dispersed and an argonian man stood before them. Great, another mage. As the Argonian talked with the Jarl Edwins eyes narrowed. He instantly recognized the use of an Pacifying Illusion, being quite a experienced user of them himself. There was something strange about this argonian, and he decided to stay as far away from him as possible.

As the conversation came to a close and Winter suggested that they leave as soon as possble Edwin nodded in agreement. As the mage Einarr left the room Edwin said from the Corner he was standing in "Indeed, I think we should leave as soon as possible, if all of you are ready..." He jestured towards the door with his hand, looking at Winter and smiling rakishly.

Glass walked outside as well. He needed to tend to his horse, as ge was setting out soon.

Star Gazer

Seven awoke, but did not open his eyes. Where am I? It's too cold to be my room. Aw.. it was the sleepwalking again, wasn't it. What is sleepwalking? Where your subconscious takes your body on a stroll? Damn, I need to get that under control. Well, I'm on my back. The surface I am laying on is cold and hard. Stone maybe? Just... open your eyes and look. Go back to sleep. No, wake up. Seven finally opened his eyes. There was a large palace above him. He heard the doors open. Without moving a muscle, his eyes followed the sound and found two men, ushering other out the front doors. Where am I? What could this mean? It means something. He thought. He opened his mouth to say something, but his throat was scratchy and nothing came out. He cleared his throat and began. "Where am I and what day is it?" He called to the men, a few yards away. One was covered in bluish glass armor. Soldier perhaps? Coming out of the palace, he is probably a knight on a quest. Maybe I can go with him. You'll die if you leave the city walls. Forsworn will hunt you down, or a dragon will eat you. What is your name? I have many names and many forms. I'm your best friend. I ask you this all the time, but you never give me your name. That is because it is not important. Leave the city walls and you die. You're probably right. I'll stay right here.

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.
    OOC: You should see a doctor for that mad case of insanity. You obviously worship Sheogorath, lol.

Arthur was shocked out of his mind to see the man just lying there, on the stone ground. "Your in Markarth....and i believe its the 3rd of Heartfire?" he looked at the man. "You okay sir? You look like you just got into an argument." Arthur thought the man to be intoxicated. Which was normal during these times.

Star Gazer

OOC: Maybe just cursed by Sheo or something. Haven't really planned out his character, other than insane.

IC: Seven stayed still, not moving at all. He closed his eyes. A calendar appeared on the inside of his eyelids. He was in a stone room, and was flipping through the pages of it. Heartfire third? Markarth? I was in solitude on the first of the month. Ugh, another one of those forgetting things. Am I okay sir? I wish. I wish to be okay. You are okay. You are fine. As long as you don't leave the city. But I want to adventure! Adventure is the thing that kills off your type. These men will die if they go on their adventure. See the glass soldier? Drowns because his armor is too heavy. I doubt that. See the man that just talked to you? He thinks you're crazy, but you're not. You are the only guy who has it figured out. Because I'm smarter than them? Yes. Only fools go out on adventures. Your dream of sailing on the ocean? You'll get eaten by a shark. Not true. Certainly true. You're absolutely right. Seven agreed. He looked at the man who talked to him. "My name... is Seven. What are you guys up to?" Seven asked, still lying flat on the ground.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    OOC: Lucas your ability to write Insanly is amazing :).

IC: Edwin watched the two other men exit the keep, jesturing politely for the two women to preceed him.

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.
    "Seven? What a peculiar name..." Arthur said quietly to himself "Were on a mission for the Jarl if you must know." he replied to 'Seven', "We are on our way to the destination right now." he said looking back to see if the others had come out of Understone Keep yet.

Star Gazer

You were right, they are going on an adventure. Why, of course I am right. Why would I lie to my best friend? Good point. Think we should go with them? What have I been trying to tell you? No! You'll get squashed by a mammoth or bitten by a vampire. Stabbed by a bandit or fall off a cliff. You obviously don't know what's going on. Yeah I do. I want to go with them. You can come with. I'd hate to see you drown in a lake or eaten by a saber cat, but if there is no changing your mind, I guess we can go. "I'd like to go with you." Said seven. I wonder what we will be doing. Seven thought, as he opened his eyes. For the first time since he woke up, he moved. He sat up, then kneeled on one knee, then stood. "I am good with my dagger, and I am a novice conjurer. I made a new conjuration spell in prison. Sadly, it is the only one I know." Seven said. He raised his hand, and a small purple and black swirl appeared. He cast the spell into his other hand. A small portal opened and a red caterpillar came crawling out of it. The portal closed behind it. "His name is Simon." Seven said, as he placed Simon on his shoulder. Pathetic. What? Simon is a good friend of mine.

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.
    "What...why...." He stared at the man and his catepillar. CLEARLY this man was more than intoxicated. "Well...um..." Arthur had no idea what to say to Seven. "I think you should go home and..rest. You dont seem up to stuff."

Star Gazer

See? They don't even want you. Kill them! Don't you think that's a bit harsh? No! Kill them! I can't. Look. I'll persuade them into letting me in. Just watch. I'll do all the talking, you just sit there and... watch? Seven looked at them. "No we feel fine. Simon and I will take on any foe!" Seven said, unsheathing his small, iron dagger to show how eager he was. You've already drawn your blade. Slaughter them like I told you to. You already look foolish enough. Oh no, now they will never let me in! Seven sheathed his blade and closed his eyes, pointing his head to the floor. In the imaginary stone room, another man walked in. Who are you? Self consciousness. If you keep acting like an idiot, people won't like you. I already don't like you. Just leave my room and leave me be. No, I'll be staying for a while. The man said. A wooden chair appeared in a corner of the stone room. Self Consciousness sat down in it. Don't mind me, I'll just be watching you on your adventure, popping in every once and a while. Please, continue with your conversation. These people already consider you to be dumb, a drunk, or a drug addict. But I'm not! Tell them that. Said the man. Seven opened his eyes and raised his head. "I'm not! Let me come with you! I'm not!" Seven shouted, causing a scene. The guards in front of the door put their hands on their swords, ready to unsheathe them if this got ugly.

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.
    OOC: *blink* *blink*

Arthur looked to Seven. "Your...not what?" Arthur was getting more and more confused with each word the man spoke. "Are you sure your feeling...okay?"

Star Gazer

Too late. Good job, you blew it. Leave. They will kill you. They will run at you and kill you. Draw your blade and kill them first. I'll draw my blade, but I won't fight. I'll run away. That will cause too much of a scene. Stay where you are. Kill them! Run. Seven drew his blade, swung once to keep the supposed 'attackers' away from him, and ran away from the palace. He sat in a dark corner. I want to go on the adventure. Too late, they don't like you. They will be looking for you. Kill them when they go on their adventure. NO WAIT! You will die if you go outside of city walls! What do I do? Self Consciousness seems nicer than you, I'll talk to him. You need fancy clothes if you want them to like you. Maybe even a nice gold necklace. Steal the gold from someone's home, and then buy the fancy clothes. Good idea guys, thanks. Seven thought. The room felt tight with three people. He opened his eyes and went to the housing side of the city of stone. There! That's a very fancy house. That will have the clothes you need, and maybe even some gold. Seven walked through the door. There was nobody home, he was lucky. Seven went into the master bedroom and looked through the closets. He took the nicest clothes he could find, a satchel filled with gold, and a nice necklace. He walked up the stairs and left through the window. The dark brotherhood or thieves guild would be lucky to have you! Why thank you. Now they will accept you. You can't meet them until they leave though. You have to wait until they are out of the city limits. Meet them in the forest or something. Then you can kill them, stealthily. No. I'm going to just meet them outside the main gates. "Come on Simon, we're going on an adventure."

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    Winter exited out to the open, with Lilumae following closely behind her.
    "We need to stick together." She'd said, sometime earlier, thought hadn't quite offered a reason why.
    Lilumae, being fairly reasonable, decided to just take her word on it and stick by her side.

It was Winter who eyed the boy first, and only after she had been staring him down for a good minute or two, did Lilumae catch on. As the boy, who's name she had overheard to be Seven, and Arthur spoke, Winters eyes sought his out, focusing intently on them. Perhaps it was a trick of the light but they flickered about as he spoke, like a man who was holding a conversation with many different people at once. And yet, he and Arthur remained the only ones there.

When the boy finally left, Winter spoke up, "Intriguing child, that one. Seemed a little..." Winter glanced Lilumaes way before rephrasing her sentence slightly, guarding her actual intention, "A little... different. Interesting sort."

Lilumae, as if on cue, piped up cheerfully, "I like him!"
    Winter bit back a groan. She would.

"Winter, should we go check on Einarr? We need to get going soon, so someone should tell him." Lilumae piped up, not wishing to accidentally leave without anyone.
    Winter inhaled, ignoring a few of the choicer comments she wished to make, and instead replied,
    "If you want to get the ego-mage, go on. I'll wait outside and keep an eye out for you."
    That was more than she actually wanted to do, but she could see the girl was eager to keep the peace. Besides, she wouldn't get paid if she killed him.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin followed after Winter and Lilumae as they exited the keep. He watched the conversation with Arthur and Seven without speaking. He agreed with Winter, that the man was quite strange, so many wierd people in the world. When Lilumae spoke of fetching Einarr Edwin said, "We can stop by his big fancy house on the way out of town." He quickly began to decend down from the keep towards the main gate of Markarth

Star Gazer

Seven walked out through the front gates of Markath. The guards paid no attention to him at first. He stood in the grass in front of the steps. When they come out and see your new fancy clothes, they will want you in their adventure. I hate them. They think you are crazy. They think we are crazy, Seven. Just kill them off one by one. No, once they see how fancy I look, they will be begging me to come with them. No they won't, you look absolutely rediculous. He does have a point, you do look a bit mad wearing those clothes. Don't you think it's a bit over the top? They will think of you as a person who is obsessed with wealth. You should have told me that when we picked them out! Settle down, we can fix this. See that puddle of mud over there? Go roll in it. They will think you were just injured, and they will feel sympathy for you. Yeah! It will make it harder to be seen when you are in the woods, waiting to strike at their necks. No, I don't think there will be many sliced necks today. Seven rolled in the mud. The guards now watched the man, laughing. Seven stood up, and looked down at himself. Idiot, now you look like a homeless person. See those guards? They're laughing at you. No they aren't, Self Conscious, they think it's funny how stupid your ideas are. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have a satchel full of gold. They're still laughing, throw some mud at them. Good idea. That'll teach them not to laugh at me and my friends. Seven thought. He swam a hand through the murky water/mud and grabbed a handful of it. He hurled it at one of the guards, it hit him in the abdomen. He drew his sword and chased Seven away. You should've thrown something harder than mud, like a rock or something. Maybe even your blade.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin waved his hand in the general direction of the higher levels of Markarth. "Lilumae and Winter have gone to fetch that other mage from his manor, I guess we will just wait for them at the gate." He looked over to Arthur, who was walking beside him. "Who was that man you were talking to just now?"

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts