• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    Winter begrudgingly shrugged Alices words off. She didn't want to learn a lot from Lilumae. She shouldn't need to. Lilumae was young, sweet and untainted. If the world sought to destroy her the way it had done to Winter, Winter was convinced that it would face the wrath of a dozen good men and women beforehand. Lilumae had people who looked up to her, looked out for her and loved her. Lilumae had people who would keep her safe.
    What did Winter have when she needed safe-keeping? When the monsters of the night snuck into her town, torching and pillaging it to shreds?
    "Where was my army then?" Winter whispered to herself, her heart heavy as stone once more.
    "Hmm?" Lilumae tilted her head at Winter, all groggy eyed and disheveled bed-head, standing at last, with Alices help.
    "Nothing. Go on, get some sleep. I'll be in shortly, I promise."
    Lilumae nodded her agreement and allowed Alice to lead her to a safer and, arguably, comfier spot to sleep on.
    "I can whole up with Lilumae, I don't mind. But uh, I'm not really tired at the moment. You mind if I step off for a bit? I think I need some air."
    "You better come back!" Lilumae shouted from her place in the bed.
    "I'll come back!" Winter yelled back, rolling her eyes at the little red-headed kid.
    "I'll come back." She said again, softer this time, to Alice, before giving a semi-apologetic half bow and turning off into the darkness, away from the massive camp and towards the forests edge.
    "She'll come back, right?" Lilumae whispered into the dimly lit tent, one small hand reaching out for Alice, to tug at whatever bit of cloth her hands could catch.

As Winter stormed her way into the start of the forest, noisier than carriage wreck, she stopped short, spotting a familiar face brooding in the darkness, Hale.
    "What's got your knickers in a bunch? I didn't think brooding was your style."

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Alice had led Lilumae and Winter into the left wing of the heated Command Tent. The wing was divided into four separate rooms with two beds each and two sets of drawers. Guests slept here and Simus had tucked R'alle into one of the beds at some point. The little cutie was still wrapped up in Alice's quilt and she decided it would be best if he were left alone.

Alice led Lilumae into one of the rooms with Winter following behind. She then sat the child down onto bed, dug
    around into her pack for a bit and pulled out a pair of blue footy pajamas covered in little white snowflakes. She helped Lilumae undress and got her into the one-piece pajamas, giving her tummy a small poke as she zipped them up. Alice then went into another room for a minute and came back changed into her own pair of footy pajamas, white with grinning black skulls. She got Lilumae into bed, pulled the covers over both of them and took the little redhead into a warm, loving embrace. Winter was deep in thought while all this was happening and then said something that caught Lilumae's interest but Winter told Lilumae not to worry and to go to sleep.

"I can whole up with Lilumae," Winter said. "I don't mind. But uh, I'm not really tired at the moment. You mind if I step off for a bit? I think I need some air."

"Okay." Alice said, suddenly very tired herself. "That's fine. Take the bed next to us. I'll stay here with this little one."

"You better come back!" Lilumae shouted from her place in the bed.

"I'll come back!" Winter yelled back. She repeated the same sencence, softer, to Alice. Then she left.

"She'll come back, right?" Lilumae whispered to Alice in the now dim tent, only the magelights in the hall just outside their room lighting the place.

"She'll come back sweetheart." Alice whispered back. "I promise you she'll come back. You just go to sleep, I'll stay right here with you and I won't let you go. I promise."

Alice had left a third pair of pajamas out for Winter on the bed assigned to her. Blue with red fireballs. They had a resize enchantment that would make the sleeper fit Winter's taller frame. There was a note on top of them

These will keep you warm and maybe put a smile on your face. Change into them, curl up in bed and dream happy dreams.

Alice

Derath_farseer

((Uhh hi guys long time no see, Ive been gone for a wile now, life got the better of me and all that. Just wondering would I still be able to take part in this. If not that's fine, depending how many days passed -in game- since my last post i could write some thing up on why einarr has been so silent or perhaps he left to take care of his own problems for a little wile.))

Derath_farseer

Einarr wandered the camp during the twilight, his hood was pulled up around his face only the white puff from his breath in the night air, could be seen from a distance. His thoughts where filled with current events, and the tasks he must complete for his plans to take shape. But every moment put further strain on his goals. The group was growing far to large for his tastes, if every thing went south he found him self at a loss for what he would do. He was confident he could take any of his companions in one on one combat if it came to that, which he hoped it didn't.

Time passed and he looked around the campsite he found him self alone and let out a small sigh wile withdrawing a small pouch from one of his many hidden pockets. Einarr withdrew one of his hand rolled tobacco cigarettes, a guilty pleasure of his that he tried to limit him self with, he held it up to his mouth and lit it with the tip of his finger which a small flame had burst to life from.
    Einarr inhaled deeply and blew the smoke into the night air. He simply took a seat laid on his back and watched the stars as the others went about their tasks, if some one wanted to find him they could go out and find him.

Hale Loneshadow

Hale found himself smiling, quite uncontrollably, at the approach and voice of Winter. "What's got your knickers in a bunch? I didn't think brooding was your style."

Allowing a small smile to slip through his defenses, Hale turned his neck so that he was partially facing the woman, the pale moonlight beaming across his rough features. "I wouldn't have taken you for one to find solace in the forest, though I appreciate the company. Always so full of anger...no, not anger. Pain?" Moving his whole body so that he was now facing the fierce woman, the not-so-young ranger walked towards her, gusts of chilled Skyrim wind blowing his shoulder-length black hair back across his head.

Approaching her calmly, Loneshadow barely had to look down upon her, so similar were they in height.
    "You need not say, for I only ask this as your friend, but...what happened to you? I recognize the pain and anger in your eyes, your features, nay your whole body. Something happened to you in the past as it did for me as well...I fear I am crossing some boundaries, and I apologize if I am, but...I find myself caring more each day about all of our companions in our little group here, you included."

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    "Anytime." was Jeroo-Shei's thoughtful response to Simus. He got up off of the tree log they were sitting on, turned his back and tail to Simus, and begun to walk away. However, as soon as Jeroo took his first step, he heard Simus' voice apologize for losing his composure. Jeroo-Shei paused his leaving, and turned his head to listen as Simus explained more details behind his breakdown.

Jeroo-Shei said humbly in response, No need to apologize, Simus. It is all very understandable. As long as it keeps it's trust in myself and the rest of this group, I promise, your younger daughter will be found, and brought back safely." "Now, I'm very tired from fighting both the assassin and the newcomer. I'm going to sleep wherever I can find an available bed. It may not be as comfy as a coffin, but it will suffice. Good night." After that was said, Jeroo-Shei turned his head back to the direction he was walking, and proceeded to do so.

After about 7 more steps forward, Jeroo-Shei paused his walk once again and turned his head in Simus' direction. He had just came up with an idea that could maybe help in defeating the next onslaught of Molag Bal's assassins. About maybe 8 feet away from Simus at the moment, Jeroo-Shei then turned his whole body around and asked Simus a bit loudly from the distance, "Oh and one more thing Simus. Could you have one of your Stormcloaks smith me two Katars with dagger-length blades? I believe dual-wielding two smaller ones would be more effective against the next wave of Molag Bal servants, rather than wielding one long, heavier one. It fits my combat style a bit more."

Jeroo-Shei then stood there, half of his figure seen in the dim light of the campfire, while the other half covered in complete darkness besides his glowing vampiric eyes, and awaited Simus' answer.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    Winters eyes narrowed slightly, that jaded and guarded expression flickered across her face like a well-worn mask, molding onto her skin with ease. She tensed, visibly locking her joints and curving her frame slightly inward, as if anticipating a blow.
    Is this how this game will always be played? Running from the light til the darkness goes away? That isn't really how it works. You won't chase away your shadows by hiding in them. She chided herself, becoming frustrated with her own emotions.

Her words terse and nearly lock-jawed, she finally spoke.
    "You were right the first time when you thought I was angry. You know... there's an interesting thing about being angry. You see, pain makes you hurt. It makes you weep and cry and hide. Sadness can cast a miasma over your heart so thick it will suffocate you in it with your every shallow breath. Pain makes people helpless and fragile. Pain makes people weak." She paused, icy blue eyes flaring up with an unbridled passion, though what emotion it traced itself to remained unknown.

"But anger? Anger forces you to be alive. Anger makes you fierce and frustrated. It makes your blood run hot with adrenaline and the hate coursing through your veins." Winters words seemed to increase in speed, was she getting angry? Or was she just upset?

"Anger doesn't let you rest." She paused for enunciation. "Anger doesn't let you sleep." She paused again. "Anger doesn't take no for an answer." Her final pause lasted slightly longer than the last, but her remaining words continued on, fluid, if not slightly faster than before. It was clear she was definitely on a tangent now.

"Anger keeps pushing your body until your hate is gone or your knees give out beneath you or your body crumbles to dust. Anger doesn't LET YOU DIE. Anger doesn't know the meaning of death. So yes. Yes, Hale, I am so very angry. ...And I'm tired too." Her voice became soft as her eyes lowered to the ground, her body relaxing and nearly collapsing into itself as she squat down on a nearby rock, just large enough for her person to fit.

"My anger, my burden, is a long, angry, miserable story. And it doesn't even have the justice of having a happy ending. Not yet anyway. If you've got the time, I've got the words. I think. This time, anyway." Winter glanced up, ebony locks falling across her face at an angle, framing her features just so.

"And if you ever breath a word of it to Lilumae, if you ever let that little girl know a second of my sorrow, I'll make sure it's the last thing you do. She has enough on her plate than dealing with my own lifes minor tragedies, I won't lead her into this."

Derath_farseer

Einnar watched as the smoke left his mouth and trailed into the night sky, twisting in on its self and forming random but beautiful patterns. As he tried to take another long drag of smoke he found it burnt out and cold. With a small sigh he picked him self up and headed towards the dinning tent. He felt the sudden and strong urge to have him self a drink. Not that he drank heavily, Or at least he thought he didn't.
    But during times like these when he found him self with nothing to do, he could almost feel the scars that covered his body burn their patterns once again, and that led to his memory's. those of the best and worst times of his life, and right now he didn't want any part of that. The names and faces he remembered that made him the man he is today where to painful, to many things unsaid to many wrongs he could never make right.

His foot steps hardly made a sound as the snow was crushed under his feet, his gaze wandered the camp sight untill he spotted the mess hall and he made his way inside and filled him self a mug of meed, the remaining soldiers gave im his space as he sat alone his gaze fixed on his mug, he drank until the cup was bone dry. He fetched another, then another, then another until the images and voices stopped. He rose from his seat as his head swam, the warriors cast a weary glance at the drunken mage as he slowly walked out into the night, he passed Simus sitting by the fire and adverted his gaze and continued ahead.

He wandered the camp site in his haze until he saw Simus's daughter sitting next to Lil. His feet urgded him forward until he stopped at the tent flap and looked at the pair, he simply stood there and swayed slightly. He watched Lil sleep and wondered how she came to be here, the story as he guessed must be dark. All alone in this world. He knew the feeling, he opened his mouth and spoke softly.
    "Hello."

Hale Loneshadow

Hale nodded his head slowly up and down, pursing his lips as he did so. Much of what Winter said rang true to the long-lived Ranger, so much that he found himself shakily reliving near-forgotten, bloody memories of a time past.

Seating himself on a fallen tree next to the boulder Winter had plopped down on, Hale looked the woman directly in her eyes as he softly said, "I've come to realize that much of life has no happy ending...not for people like us. All we can do is to hope ourselves and the ones we care about can make it out alive. And...sometimes, we don't even have the mercy of that."

Pulling his grey-green hood over his head to shield himself from the cold, Loneshadow continued, "I have all the time in Nirn, Winter." Heh, how true is that? Hale thought to himself. "There's no need of worrying about how right your words are, it is your tale to tell. I cast no judgement on you...I am the last one who should judge just about anyone. Also, you need not worry about me breathing a word to anyone else about this conversation, much less Lilumae. These more personal types of tales are not ones to be dolled about to just anyone, least of all a little girl."

Putting on a caring smile, Hale nodded towards her saying, "Whenever you're ready, Winter. I'm all ears for you."

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    "Two katars eh?" Simus said in response to Jeroo-Shei's request. "I think I can do that. There's a special armory in the back wing of the Command Tent that stores the camp's better weapons, along with all of my...special projects. I don't get much time to smith anymore but I like to get creative when I do. I'll take you all over there tomorrow before we leave. Your katars may already be in there. If not I'll be happy to forge you a pair. Don't worry about payment. It'll be a fun challenge."

He then bid Jeroo goodnight and headed to his quarters in the Command Tent to try and get some sleep.

Simus tried to sleep and failed. Every time he closed his eyes he saw Cilla. Sometimes she was held down on a table and being sucked dry. Other times she was covered in her own blood, laying on some cold floor waiting to die. Sometimes she simply slept as the life was literally sucked out of her but no matter what his mind conjured his little girl always ended up dead.

He wouldn't talk to Alice about this, he couldn't. It would be a sin to involve her in such ghoulish nightmares no matter what she might see or how much she would want to help. He went to the opposite wing of the Command Tent and saw her snug in bed with Lilumae.

Well at least they can sleep. He thought after he closed their flap, leaving them alone.

He decided to head over to the mess tent. He needed a drink.

There were only a few soldiers left inside, drinking, smoking, playing cards, talking quietly. They were about to all rise to greet their commander but Simus held up a hand to signal them to stay at ease. He didn't want to be a commander right now, just a man. He walked to the back of the tent and produced a bottle of bourbon from a small locked footlocker. Seeing Einarr there and regretting how hard he had been on him, he procured two glasses. He sat down across form the strange mage and sat the bottle and glasses down between them. Simus immediately threw back a double shot and then greeted Einarr.

"Hey." He said, unaware that his eyes were red from crying.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    Winter gazed at Hale for a long moment as she tried to find the right words to begin. Her eyes swam in and out of focus, taking in the tiniest details of his features, the rough look of his skin beneath the pale moonlight, the shadow creeping beneath his eyes, how tired he must be, maybe even tired like her? Could anyone ever really be such? Could anyone ever really compare to that pain? Was she just selfish in thinking her sorrow was any greater or lesser than his? Than anyone in this camp? Perhaps time would tell.

"Once... a long time ago, but not so long that I've yet to forget, I met a strange man." She began, taking a deep, ragged breath, as if preparing herself to dive underwater and hold her breath. That was, however, strikingly similar to what telling the story would be like. Long, agonizing moments where you never know if you've said too much and you find yourself bursting inside for the breath of cool air that will never come, the happy ending just around the corner. Only you're walking a straight and narrow path, no corners in sight. Just a long and tedious drudge. No point in stopping, you'll only suffocate.

"He was... beautiful. Which is an odd word to use for a man, but handsome did him no justice. He really was lovely. I was young, naive, a simple girl in a simple village. He was new, foreign, exotic, exciting. And he wanted me. Quiet, boring little Winter with her little sister Sera always at her heels. And like a moth to a flame I was drawn to him." Winter stopped for a moment, shivering slightly. Was she cold? More likely telling this tale was like dipping her soul into a bucket of ice and holding it down for good measure. When she began to speak once more, her voice had a noticeable edge to it, pain, hate, agony, maybe something more, an aftertaste of a trust long betrayed lingering like a bad smell somewhere untraceable in the mix.

"He began to court me. Being as simple as I was, it didn't take much I assure you. Flowers and trinkets and prose, oh the way he spun words was like poetry to the ears. He told me everything I wanted to hear. He had me wrapped around his fingertips. My family too, adored him. Everyone adored him. This tall dark and handsome stranger was making the village economy boom. He bought so much, paying twice the amount anyone else would, leaving tips for the smallest of things, smiling all the time. People loved him and loved us being together because of that. It was natural that we were engaged to be married. Everyone wanted it to be so."

Again, Winter stopped, her breath quick, shallow, dragging on raggedly. Her eyes seemed to flicker, as if searching Hale for the right response but finding none. Pushing forward, she continued,
    "On the eve of my wedding, he told me his secret. He was a vampire. It explained so much, and yet, I didn't think twice. I loved him so anyway, and when I should have asked a million questions, I asked none. I swore to stay with him still. He smiled..." Winter remembered the look on his face when it broke out into that wide, elegant grin. How could she find him beautiful, even now? Memories... they were so... deceiving.

"I awoke in the dead of night to find my town in flames. My parents were dead. The townsfolk were being slaughtered mercilessly by a coven of vampires. We were outnumbered, though even if we weren't I doubt that would have done much. And My love, my hero, was... nowhere to be seen. I'm sure he led them there. He used me to gain the towns trust, to gain access, to learn every nook and cranny of our tiny little stronghold as if it were a game to him, and then? Then he attacked. At that point, it was like picking fruit from a vine. Easy."

Winter stopped again, resting her head in her hands for a moment as flashes of memory flickered through her brain. The fire. The screaming. The blood. So much blood.
    "Thank the 9, my sister Sera was alive. We escaped." She pressed on, her head still in her hands, her voice slightly muffled but still audible.

"We ran. We ran so far and so fast and never, ever looked back. I think she knew, she knew as much as I did that... that life was behind us now. There was no going back."
    Her fingers locked into her hair, gripping the soft black strands tightly, almost pulling, as if she needed the pain to keep her grounded in reality.

"A long ways away, a couple found us. Or I guess we found them. They were... Old. Tired. Weak. But... they were kind. They took us in. They promised us safety. And somehow? With time and space between it.... we.... got better. We trusted them. We were almost normal. But... they found us. The monsters from that night. I don't know how. I don't know WHY! But they found me twice." Her voice began to catch as tears slid down her cheeks, her eyes wide, as if horrified in shock, staring at the dirt below her feet, reliving every single moment.

"They killed them. The couple. Sera... SERA!" Her voice rose, above a whisper, nearly a shout, but not quite.
    "I destroyed them. The vampires who found me twice. The whole group wasn't there, but I killed the ones who were. I was just... too slow. Too weak. They were dead, but oh god at what COST?! ...I.... I left their corpses to rot in the sun. And...I held Seras cold and lifeless body in my arms and wept. Then... I buried my little sister in the ground. The couple too. I buried them all and kept moving. There was no place for me there anymore. There's been no place for me since."

Winters fingers loosened, releasing her slightly knotted strands of hair from her iron clad grasp.
    "I vowed to find him. To find the man who destroyed my world. The vampire I had loved and lost. The one I KNOW did this. It had to be him. Who else could it have been? Who else would take such amusement in making a simple, stupid girl adore him, only to rip her life apart? TWICE. And now? Now... with Sera in that cave... alive? No... undead... how can I move on? How can I end this while she lives an unlife? I have to see my sister killed again, but this time... I'm the one who has to do it. This time, when I bury her, she won't be coming back."

Winter raised her head, pain in bright blue eyes as clear as day.
    "So there you have it. My miserable tragedy. That's why I refuse to let anyone in. I couldn't stand it if... if I lost someone else. Everyone close to me is doomed for death or something worse. At least if I pretend not to care, it won't make me die inside all over again." Her face hardened back into that mask as she blinked tears away, trying her best to be normal, angry Winter all over again.

"And don't you dare try to bring Lilumae up in this conversation. It's bad enough that she makes me feel... awake. Not quite alive but awake inside. She reminds me of Sera, and at the same time, she is nothing like Sera and that... is beautiful. She has known pain and regret the likes of which Sera never knew. She is strong and capable and willing, She is bright and charming and adorable. And I would die TWICE for her before I'd let anyone, vampire, human or anything else the gods might send, take her away. She makes me feel awake when all I want is to be alive again. I want to feel... something. Anything more than this... this still life. This existence. Torn between regret and revenge and all the hate and confusion thrust between it. I can't sleep... I can't think, I can barely even breath until Sera is dead and that man is found and brought forth to pay for his sins."

Somehow, despite it all, a subtle smirk played at her lips and she tilted her head with that grin, "I guess maybe that makes me some kind of antipaladin, right? Or like, antihero? Lawful Good? Okay, maybe more like Lawful Neutral. Wait, is there such a thing as Lawful Chaotic? I'm that!" For a rare, flickering moment, it seemed like a hint of who Winter used to be, someone bright and fun and loving, slipped through, but within a breath, it was gone, her sullen, quiet demeanor slipping back into place, like a mask worn as armor.

Hale Loneshadow

Hale sat there and listened to this guarded, mysterious woman's tale ripe with tragedy and violence. At times he felt his eyes going wide with surprise, his brows scrunching up and pointing upward in "disbelief", and his lips curve into a doleful expression, all of their own accord as he took in Winter's tale of woe.

There was nary a sentence in her tale that Loneshadow could not empathize, sympathize or associate with, but there was one particular phrase that hit the Ranger closest to home. I want to feel... something. Anything more than this... this still life. This existence. Torn between regret and revenge and all the hate and confusion thrust between it. I can't sleep... I can't think, I can barely even breath until Sera is dead and that man is found and brought forth to pay for his sins."

This struck him profoundly, for more than a few reasons...and it was in that moment that he found himself feeling for Winter such empathy that his chest felt like it was being squeezed between the fists of two mountain giants.

Without a word, or a care that what he was doing could be the complete opposite of what he should be doing, the Ranger unclasped his heavy, green-grey cloak and flung it over the shivering woman. In the same motion, he clung her in a soft embrace, calmly saying, "I never once doubted that your tale was one of such tragedy, but words...cannot rightfully express of how deeply your story struck at me. All I can say at the moment is...I am so, so truly sorry. Many parts of that hit closer to home that you may realize...certainly more that I would have. Thank you, Winter...it means a lot that you shared such a tale with me."

Breaking the embrace, but still keeping his gloved hands on her shoulders, Hale shrugged off a frigid gust of wind that blew his long, dark around his face, and continued.

"But do not ever think that you are anything less that good, Winter. For take hope in this, you are still here to right these evils, and rescue another little girl at the mercy of these fell creatures, and destroy the beast that caused all of this. There is much evil in the world, more than good, that much is true. But we must hold onto the hope that, one day, the good will triumph...though it happens I find myself believing less of that every day. Until I met you...people, and my hope was restored." recovered Hale, nearly spilling out all of his emotions about her.

Standing up, he put on a serious expression and reached out to her with a black gloved hand. "We cannot abandon Simus' little one to torture and death...we will not. And I swear that I will help you see your quest finished, no matter what. With me?" Hale finished, allowing a crack of a smile to appear on his rugged features.

Derath_farseer

-Happened just before walking over to lil/Alice tent.

As his looked at his mug in front of him, he noticed some one sitting across from him and he raises his eyes. The look on Einarrs face looks clearly troubled, but most of all there's a tired look about him his eyes seem sunken in and dark circles are underneath. Then as soon as they may of been noticed the look fades and he seems to return to his normal looking self.
    His half smile returns to his face as he looks over Simus as he greats him. The thought the man drunk and overly emotional if his eyes where any hint. Why else would he come and talk to him, Einarr was well aware that he was hardly trusted with in the group. Perhaps that was because had failed to give up his life story at the drop at of a hat, not that any one had asked. But he took a deep breath and took another drink before he spoke.
    "Yeah?" He simply said, it wasn't overly rude but he wanted to know what Simus wanted from him quickly so he could go back to drinking with out being constantly watched.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    The embrace from Hale left Winter stiff and rigid for a long moment, until, somehow despite herself she relaxed into the motion and managed to wrap her arms around Hale as well, hugging him in return.
    "Thank you... Hale. I think perhaps that story has been a long time coming. I think I needed to tell someone... just... I couldn't do it before. Out in the open like that? With all those eyes on me all the damn time... Like I'm supposed to be leading this wreck. I don't think I'm very good at leading anything anymore..." Winter shook her head, pushing her feelings down and blinking wet tears away.
    Taking a half-step back as Hale released her, she wiped at her face with the back of her hand and offered him a half smile.
    "That's right. We need to help Simus save his daughter. We have to make sure she doesn't end up like Sera did. I have to be certain he doesn't suffer any more than he already has, and no worse than I have til now."
    She glanced over to the side uncertainly, as if gesturing back at the camp,
    "We should probably head back soon. My guess is that they'll be wondering where we've gone if we're away for too long... will you... walk me back?" Winter started to shrug out of the cloak, planning to offer it back to Hale, despite her enjoyment of the comfortable warmth it offered.
    "Best not to offer that to me again. It's comfy. I might try to keep it next time." She teased, flashing him a slight smile for the rarest of moments.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    -Happened just before walking over to lil/Alice tent.

As his looked at his mug in front of him, he noticed some one sitting across from him and he raises his eyes. The look on Einarrs face looks clearly troubled, but most of all there's a tired look about him his eyes seem sunken in and dark circles are underneath. Then as soon as they may of been noticed the look fades and he seems to return to his normal looking self.
    His half smile returns to his face as he looks over Simus as he greats him. The thought the man drunk and overly emotional if his eyes where any hint. Why else would he come and talk to him, Einarr was well aware that he was hardly trusted with in the group. Perhaps that was because had failed to give up his life story at the drop at of a hat, not that any one had asked. But he took a deep breath and took another drink before he spoke.
    "Yeah?" He simply said, it wasn't overly rude but he wanted to know what Simus wanted from him quickly so he could go back to drinking with out being constantly watched.

"Relax." Simus said. "I'm not here to grill you about what you're up to. I don't care. I've got bigger fluffing problems to worry about. I was just hoping to have a quiet drink since sleep is out of the question. You want some, there's a glass."

He poured himself some more, a full glass this time, and used a frost spell to create a couple of ice cubes. He then sat there in the comfortable torchlight of the mess tent, nursing his drink and trying to forget the terrible pain and worry he was suffering. Worry only a father could feel.

He thought about Winter and the heart-wrenching encounter with her little sister. What was she like before being turned into that...thing? Could she have been just like Cilla? Did Winter have to bury her at some point only to see her again? Would Simus have to do the same to Cilla? Could he do such a thing? If there was anyone who could empathize with him right now it was Winter but could she really understand? Could she, a girl no older than Alice really understand what it meant to be separated from your child? And what would happen to Alice if she had to bury her little sister? The one she loved so much, who always wanted to be like her and the one Alice mourned the hardest over, even more than her mother. Could she really get over that? What would happen to him if she couldn't? Could he carry on without both his girls?

This was all his fault. If he had just protected his family better from the Thalmor his wife would still be alive, Alice would still have a mother and all his children would be here with him. He was responsable.

All these questions buzzed and raged in Simus' head as he tried not to think. He just sat there, trying in vain to drown the pain and guilt. A half hour and half a bottle later, he passed out at the table, having achieved some numb comfort. He knew it was hollow and that he coudn't run from his pain but at least he could hide for a while.

Derath_farseer

Einarrs piercing gaze looks at Simus, the same feeling that he seems to be looking not at him but almost into his very being washes over Simus until Einarr breaks his gaze and finishes his mug of ale then downing the whiskey in front of him. He looks back up at Simus and gives him a small knowing smile.
    "I bet you do, running this band of rebellious nords can't be easy. There's so much that goes into planning and running some thing like this. That is if you want to come out on the winning side." There is some thing about the way he says it, as if he to knows what troubles a commander deals with.
    "And then your daughter, sorry about that mess truly I am." He grabs the bottle and fills his glass again. "But be ready for what ever happens, Worse thing that can happen is shes dead. The best... well they turned her. Even if most people think of vampires as mindless beasts, which true be told some are, most of them are no better then you or me. They can still be reasoned with even if their gift comes with a heavy price. Your daughter will still be your daughter no matter what. But if she is turned... there are ways to return her to her mortal self." He says sounds knowingly as if there's something he isn't telling. But he deeps silent and downs his drink again and looks over the few troops remaining.
    "Fighting for freedom and they think is right." He mutters to him self and turning his gaze back to simus.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Before Simus could pass out but after he offered the whisky, Einarr had a few words for him.

"I bet you do." He said in response to Simus' remark about bigger problems. "Running this band of rebellious nords can't be easy. There's so much that goes into planning and running some thing like this. That is if you want to come out on the winning side."

"You have no idea." Simus said, steadily getting drunk. "As for the winning side, Ulfric will win this thing. It'll take time but he gets more support every day. We'll win eventually. I just hope it's soon."

"And then your daughter, sorry about that mess truly I am. But be ready for what ever happens, Worse thing that can happen is shes dead. The best... well they turned her. Even if most people think of vampires as mindless beasts, which true be told some are, most of them are no better then you or me. They can still be reasoned with even if their gift comes with a heavy price. Your daughter will still be your daughter no matter what. But if she is turned... there are ways to return her to her mortal self."

"Einarr." Simus said, grim and monotone. "Today I saw a young woman no older than my eldest daughter see her dead little sister stand with the undead and mock her love. If you weren't so destracted you would have seen the fear in Winter's eyes. The disbelief. Then the judgement came. She was wounded more badly than any sword ever could. Do you have any idea what it feels like? Looking into the eyes of a child you love, searching for the love and hope that used to be there and seeing that it's long gone? It makes you want to give up right then and there. That's what Winter's feeling and if Cilla's a vampire, Alice is going to suffer the exact same fate. I wouldn't be able to live with that, I couldn't bear it as a father. I would have to put my little girl in the ground."

He paused to take a drink. To think over what Einarr said.

"Unless of course you really do have an alternative should the worst happen?"

Derath_farseer

Einarr took another shot and finished his drink, his gaze seems far off as he remembers the past. Simus's words struck home. His face seemed to draw tight over his features,the illusion over his face drops and the same deathly tired look comes over him. He did know what he and winter felt and perhaps it was the drinks but he found him self talking about him self, and his past.
    "I saw the woman I loved die, killed in front of my very eyes. I couldn't do a thing as the blood ran down her neck as the bastard laughed and cut her open from ear to ear." He finished his drink and had another.
    "I saw her raised from the dead and turned into some creature as my tears fell on her lifeless corpse. She tried to kill me and I was forced to put her down." He sighs deeply and lays his hand down on the table and opens it, looking at the runic scar cut into the flesh.
    "I know a little of the pain you feel at the loss of your daughter Simus, I watched my town burn as I ran away."He finished another shot and stopped him self. From talking and addressed his question.
    "But there are many forms of magic, somes very few know of. THese gifts... that I may or may not have, could perhaps help save your daughter." He looked at his drink and remained silent.

Hale Loneshadow

Hale allowed a smile to slip through at Winter's teasing remark, but shook his head all the same.
    This woman was...extraordinary, to say the very least. She had been through so much heartache, suffered so much tragedy in so short amount of time. And at such a young age too...then to see her sister this day, risen from the grave a creature of the embodiment of pure evil. Any lesser person would have been driven quite mad, quite a long time ago. But not Winter. That was how Hale innately knew she was indeed something, and someone, special.

"Don't be silly! It's freezing out, keep the cloak for tonight. Please. I'll be just fine. As for walking you back..." the Ranger stuck his right arm out in an L-shape, offering for Winter to take his arm in hers. "It would be my pleasure, m'lady. And...don't worry about leading this motley team of heroes, you're doing perfectly fine as it is, all things considered. I have your back, Winter. I always will."

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    As Simus generously offered Jeroo-Shei the Katars he was asking for with no price and wished Jeroo good night, Jeroo-Shei responded with "Many thanks, Simus. I'll speak with the quartermaster of this camp tomorrow and trade this katar in for the two new ones. I know you offered them to me for free, but I just do not want this long Katar anymore. It's condition is terrible after piercing so much flesh and bone. But I know your army may make very good use of it once your quartermaster fixes it." Jeroo-Shei did not like the Stormcloak Rebellion at all, but he figured he should've given something in return for this generous offer.

Simus then nodded in response and wished Jeroo good night as he walked off to find a bed. Jeroo-Shei replied with a simple, "You too." since he already said "good night" to Simus. Jeroo-Shei couldn't wait to return to his former combat style, which consisted of stealthy, discreet assassinations in low profile, and when in high profile/open combat rely completely on all speed, agility, his vampiric and Shadowscale abilities, and using his smaller sized blades to make as many cuts and wounds on the opponent's flesh as possible, then finish them off with a fatal shank to the gut or chest with both of his dual-wielded blades at one time. Also, usually dodging blows instead of blocking them. He preferred his old methods over using a long, heavy weapon with only one sharp point to lunge at an enemy while recklessly attempting to hit the "bullseye point" on their body, which was either the chest or the face. However, while they are push-weapons, Jeroo-Shei liked using Katars, he liked using them very much, ever since he bought the long one he currently has from Gulum-Ei.

After countless minutes of searching and wandering around the camp, Jeroo-Shei finally found a perfectly isolated tent leaning against the thick wooden spike walls of the camp. He approached it steadily then unfolded the cloth flaps which was the entrance, ducked his head underneath, and went inside. The Tent's features included a square table with two chairs and three empty mead bottles on top; one turned over, a bed roll, a nightstand with a candle-lit lantern sitting on top of it, a carpet that resembled the Stormcloak Banner exactly stretched out across the bottom of the tent, and Jeroo's favorite decoration, Bloodstains all over the tent. These bloodstains probably came from wounded Stormcloak soldiers in the past who settled there to be healed and bled all over the place.

Something didnt feel right when he entered the tent though, but Jeroo-Shei just shook it off and carried on. He placed his current katar on the top of the square table as well as his boots when he took them off, and hopped inside the covers of the bed roll. But before drifting off to sleep, he reached upwards and grabbed the handle of the lantern and pulled it down from the adjacent nightstand to him. He opened the lantern and blew out the fire from the candle, which made the tent completely pitch black, no matter for Jeroo though, hence his vampiric night vision. Jeroo-Shei then reached up and carefully placed the lantern back on the nightstand. After that was done...he drifted off to sleep, but his sleep won't be as peaceful for long....

(OOC: Jeroo-Shei is gonna inadvertently contact Molag Bal through accidental Astral Projection in the next post. Molag Bal is going to pull his Astral Body/Spirit/Soul to him and they're going to have quite a disturbing conversation, but no harm can be done because its only Astral Projection. Not trying to spoil my next post, I was gonna write it all in this post, but I'm too lazy, plus it would make this post huge. So I'm putting it in the next post)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts