• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    The young one looks cold, Zatharka thought. And removed his robe.

"Here young one." Zatharka held it out for the younger khajiit. He stood there wearing only ragged trousers. His thin body was strong though old. Even if he was not a Nord the cold was nothing to the old monk. Zatharka wondered where the medical tent was, he was not hungry.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    "It's a please to meet you Mr. Zatharka." Simus said, extending his hand once again. "I'm Captain Simus Psyrakon, the commander of this camp. You can call me Simus. This is Sergent Friga Shatter-Axe, and my daughter Alice. Find any of us if you have questions or problems. I must say I haven't had the honor of a monk's presence since High Hrothgar, and that was years ago."
    "Pleased to meet you Elder." Friga said, removing her hide helmet out of respect. "Unlike most of the men here, I've got no problem with Kahjiit. I've met enough strangers not to mind."
    "It's a pleasure to make your aquaintence Mr. Zatharka." Alice said with a polite courtsy. When she saw him remove his robe for R'alle she politely stopped him.
    "Please sir elder, there's no need for that." Alice said, not wanting the old man to catch cold and wanting to help R'alle. She had never seen a Kahjiit child before and he was so cute! "I've got a blanket in my pack. Wouldn't want you to catch cold when I can help."
    Alice had brought her pack with her just in case they had to move out. She enchanted the average sized backpack to carry as much as a large shipping crate and she always had extra supplies ready for emergencies. She put the pack down and pulled out an old blue and white quilt. Her mother had made it for her when she was a little girl and enchanted it to stay warm and dry in all types of weather, so it came in quite handy during cold nights in the forest. She unrolled it and wrapped it around R'alle. She then held him close to her chest to warm him up quickly. (not a hug so much as holding someone to your side, facing the same direction as they are.) It was cold before the sun set and it was getting colder.
    "There you go." She said, looking down at him with a warm smile. "You said your name was R'alle, right? I'm Alice. Let's go inside and get you a steak. There's also some salmon, bread and sausage if you're interested in any of them, plus a few other things. Sorry about your wolf. Don't worry about the cook though. He's a jerk to everyone."
    Alice thank looked at Zatharka.
    "Would you like a plate as well sir elder?" She asked.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Zatharka bowed at Alice, and put his old robe on. He smiled at the warm reception from these Stormcloaks. Elder am I truly that ancient? Zatharka mused. So it would seem.

"This one supposes he could eat. But no meat would be nice, personal practice."

Zatharka noted the odd look when he mentioned he was a vegitarian. It was an odd practice even among the monks, but Zatharka felt it was a noble one. Kynne looks kindly on Nirn so why not smile back at her creations.

R'alle

young but able
    R'alle didn't feel comfortably taking the old man's coat. He didn't want him to get sick. He was thankful when Alice gave him one. The Blanket was extremely warm. When she held him close for a second he instantly felt warmer. He didn't understand how furless creatures could stay so warm.

He looked up at Alice and smiled. She was beautiful, He spoke softly "Thanks, and I Don't much like anything other than meat." He pointed to his large canines. "These suckers were made to tear and rip, don't ya think?" He look dumbfounded when the old man stated he was vegetarian. He couldn't help but to speak aloud "Are you sure? Have you had meat before?"

R'alle looked at the old man in wonder. R'alle rarely ate vegetables and his health was A okay.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    As Jeroo-Shei was wandering around the camp, he could not find Simus, nor could he find anyone he was with before, all he could see was a sea of blue cloth overlapping the rest of the standard Stormcloak soldier armor. Then suddenly, he turned his head to his left and saw the back of two figures standing next to eachother in the approximately 18 foot distance which he assumed was Simus and his daughter, since the figures were wearing the same armor Jeroo-Shei saw both of them in before.

Jeroo-Shei then carefully maneuvered and tip-toed his way through the camp fire, trying not to disturb any soldiers taking a mid-day nap. Jeroo already have one of Simus' men a near death experience, he did not want to piss off another arrogant nord and actually kill them this time. Simus was one of the only few persons in this world Jeroo-Shei called "friend", he did not wish to screw this up. After squeezing through another stack of crates and barrels, Jeroo-Shei made it over in close proximity to Simus and his daughter, but was still unseen behind them. He made it just in time for when Alice said the sentence "Would you like a plate as well sir elder?" to yet another new face. Except this time it was a furry, whiskered feline face with a body covered in robes and tail hanging down through a teared open hole in the robes. Jeroo-Shei always envied how Khajiit could easily fit their tail through the holes they cut into their clothes with no problems. At times when Argonians do this, they have a chance of accidentally tearing the cloth open wider with the scales on their tails as they try to fit them through the hole. After this silly thought exited his mind, he then turned his head and saw R'alle again this time wearing some blanket looking all cozy.

Jeroo-Shei decided to finally make his presence known after the Khajiit gave his answer. "Sorry to sneak up on you all like this. I left to meditate for a bit. But when I returned I could not find you anywhere for some reason. But now I did, and that can either be a good or bad thing *chuckle*" said Jeroo-Shei to Simus and everyone else as most of them turned their attention to Jeroo-Shei. Alice squinted her eyes and raised an eyebrow at Jeroo, giving a confused, "Who's the Argonian?" type of look on her face, as they've never really been properly introduced. Jeroo-Shei would've done the same towards the Khajiit monk if Argonians could make facial expressions like Humans could. Jeroo-Shei then asked everyone curiously, "Who is this? R'alle's father or something?"

R'alle

young but able
    R'alle looked down at the mention of his father. He remembered his cheerful smile and happiness. He remembered his hardworking spirit and faith in all. A tear slid from his cheek as he turned away. He let it slid to his lips then he wiped it. No man would be ever the same as his father. He sniffled and sucked it all in.

He turned back and looked Jeroo in the eyes. "My father is dead. This is a Khajitan monk. He goes by the name of Zatharka. He is a doctor and a good person." He wiped his nose with his wrist and started walking towards the camp. He held the blanket closer as if it could hide him from his emotions.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Jeroo-Shei looked at R'alle who appeared to be a bit upset by Jeroo's question. Jeroo felt a bit sympathetic and responded briefly with, "Oh, my apologies, I didn't know. Sorry to hear that." attempting to sound as polite as he could. Jeroo-Shei then turned his attention to the older Khajiit and introduced himself. "My name is Jeroo-Shei, pleased to meet you Zatharka." after he introduced himself kindly, Jeroo-Shei asked curiously, "Tell me, Zakartha, what is it's business here? Not to be rude, I'm simply curious"

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Zatharka turned his head, faster enought he cracked it, at the argonain's words. Elder now father? Zatharka thought. He left to meditate interesting. Zatharka stopped, stiffed the air, and subltly cast a detect life spell. The argonian stood unilluminated among the crowded camp.

"You spoke of meditation. This one favored contemplation as well. Khajiit may be a good person, but this one is a priest in healing technique. As for what is one doing? Meeting some interesting Stormcloaks."

Zatharka looked as his food was brought before him. The young one was precious with his statement about Zatharka's diet. It was Zatharka's time to stare off into the distance, but soon his mind was back in the present. Looking at the vampire, Zatharka smiled and started eating. Zatharka watched the young one leave on the verge of tears.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Alice did not miss the coupe of tears and the sniffle from R'alle and both made her heart melt. From what she had Seen, this boy had been through a terrible vampire raid that took his father, followed by him being trapped in their lair for days before her father and his friends rescued them. It wasn't so different from her own ordeal over a year ago. An ordeal that allowed her to relate to R'alle all too well.

"R'alle?" Alice said softly, as the little boy turned toward the mess tent and pulled the old quilt tight around him. He probably didn't realize she could hear his sniffles. She gently turned him around, rested her head on his and pulled him into a big hug.

"I'm so sorry about your papa R'alle." She said, wrapping one arm around R'alle's shoulders and using the other to rub his soft head, casually scratching his ears with her gloved hands. He felt so sad and she felt terrible for him. "I want you to know something. I have the ability to see visions of the future. It's a gift given to me by the gods, and they showed me what happened to you over the last few days. I think they did this so you could have someone who understands what you're going through."

Alice walked R'alle over to a campfire away from the mess tent and sat him down on a bench big enough for three Nords. It was easily big enough for both of them. She thought she heard him crying again and held him a little closer.

"You know, about a year ago when I was still back home in Cyrodiil, I lost my mom. Thalmor asassains killed her and badly beat my dad as they were trying to protect me, my little sister and my two brothers. I fought as hard as I could to protect her and save her life, but she was gone. I was badly hurt in the process and after dad was knocked unconscious it was all I could do to hobble away. I laid in the snow for hours, just wanting to die befor I passed out. I was found by a kindly Dunmer who nursed me back to health but I still had a big hole in my heart that I though was too big to live with. But you know what happened? I found some people who were willing to take care of me. They told me my dad was alive and that we could save him. We did save him and that gave me enough hope to keep living. I still haven't found most of my family, but I still have dad and since the war started these Stormcloaks have become my new family. We're your new family R'alle. I know we can't bring your papa back and I don't know where your mama is, but I want you to know that we all love you. We will all help you heal, and it is going to happen for you. I promise. I know it doesn't feel like it now but all it takes is time."

R'alle had quieted down some and Alice continued to hold him close, just trying to be there for a boy who needed a little love.

R'alle

young but able
    R'alle was about to walked into the camp when Alice called him. R'alle stood there until she turned him around. She hugged him as he cried quietly. "I'm so sorry about your papa R'alle." She scratched his ears comforting him as she spoke "I want you to know something. I have the ability to see visions of the future. It's a gift given to me by the gods, and they showed me what happened to you over the last few days. I think they did this so you could have someone who understands what you're going through." R'alle's heart sank. He never believed in the gods until Alice came along. They walked to a campfire and sat.

He sniffled softly as she spoke holding him close.
    "You know, about a year ago when I was still back home in Cyrodiil, I lost my mom. Thalmor asassains killed her and badly beat my dad as they were trying to protect me, my little sister and my two brothers. I fought as hard as I could to protect her and save her life, but she was gone. I was badly hurt in the process and after dad was knocked unconscious it was all I could do to hobble away. I laid in the snow for hours, just wanting to die befor I passed out. I was found by a kindly Dunmer who nursed me back to health but I still had a big hole in my heart that I though was too big to live with. But you know what happened? I found some people who were willing to take care of me. They told me my dad was alive and that we could save him. We did save him and that gave me enough hope to keep living. I still haven't found most of my family, but I still have dad and since the war started these Stormcloaks have become my new family. We're your new family R'alle. I know we can't bring your papa back and I don't know where your mama is, but I want you to know that we all love you. We will all help you heal, and it is going to happen for you. I promise. I know it doesn't feel like it now but all it takes is time."

R'alle nodded. He understood Alice's position more than she could realize. True no man or elf ever laid their hands on his parents but still the Bond he had with Alice grew. He wiped his face and cleared his throat.

"Thank you.....Thank you so much." He hugged the woman and stood stretching. He wasn't in the mood for food anymore. He looked around him and looked back at Alice. "What do you guys do for fun around here?"

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Zatharka wiped his brow, he had been working tirelessly in the medical tent. These men may hate me for what one always was, Zatharka lamented. But I can't see why. More than once a stormcloak would regain conciousness and ask what the housecat is doing in the camp. Zatharka loved conversation usually but in the end the words carried something that hurt his soul.

Zatharka still laboured for these men. Every fiber of his being seemed for relieving suffering. Maybe that is my path, Zatharka thought. His mind wandered to before he became a healer. He was a warrior, no a great warrior. It was said that his claws could sunder armor, but that was a long time ago. Closest thing to battle Zatharka found was teaching the many fighting styles he mastered. Zatharka thought about following that path again, then his healing spell broke and he redoubled his efforts. The past will remained buried, Zatharka thought drinking a Potion of Magicka, and continued his healing.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    (OOC: Sorry the post is so short, I thought it was my turn to post and I couldn't think of much)

Jeroo-Shei tilted his head in confusion at the Khajiit who was "meeting interesting Stormcloaks".....then proceeded to say, "Well...then it is about as out of place as I am...." and afterwards, Jeroo-Shei noticed Zatharka use the Detect Life spell. Jeroo-Shei did not care if Zatharka knew that he was a vampire....but why else would he use the spell? Was it really that obvious? No....couldn't be....Jeroo-Shei has been blending in with mortals for centuries....this khajiit must possess really keen senses.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    Winter cast her gaze across the group. How long had they been here? Minutes? Hours? Days?
    When would they move on again? This constant ebb and flow of company and not... was tiring.

Lilumae rested her head in the older womans lap, asleep for once. It seemed the excitement had worn her out at last. A new dawn was fast approaching and who could tell what would happen then. Their road led to Markarth, that was certain, but what would the Jarl say when his small adventuring party appeared to have gained a few unlikely allies? Probably be a cheap bastard and refuse the extras pay, if he were anything like Winter assumed he was.

"Winter..."
    With the flickering fast movements of a prowling cat, Winters eyes shot down, guarded, looking to the small child in her lap. Lilumae had mumbled her name but as it were, she lay asleep.
    "Shhh" She murmured and ran a hand through the childs hair to soothe her. She knew the girl would need her sleep. They all would.
    The Dawn was coming. Violent and unrooting. Unwilling to let anyone get in its way.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Alice had let go of R'alle for a moment to let him clear his throat and wipe his eyes. He hugged her and she gladly returned it, squeezing him firmly but gently. He was strong and wiry and his fur was warm against her body. He thanked her from the bottom of his heart for her kindness.

"You are so very welcome R'alle." Alice said, releasing the boy from her loving embrace to give him a little space. "Well, we're Stormcloaks, so most of us eat, drink and watch each other brawl. Than we sit around a campfire and tell each other wild tales."

She paused for a moment, seeing that this wasn't exactly what R'alle had in mind.

"Other than that, we don't have much time for fun. We stand guard, we go on patrols, we do our chores to keep the camp in order, but mostly we just wait. There's a lot of waiting in war. Waiting for orders, waiting for the enemy, waitng for an assault to begin, lots of waiting."

She patted the boy's head again and started scratching his ears.

"You're an awfully cute little boy you know. I can see why those vampires didn't kill you. You're just too sweet."

Over at another campfire, she saw Winter and Lilume sitting alone. Lilume was passed out in Winter's lap, but Winter looked troubled to say the least. Poor girl. After all Alice had Seen about them, she couldn't blame Winter for her actions. She would feel the same way if Cilla was a vampire.

This made her think about Simus and the backlash Winter had given him. She had done more than lash out at him, she had planted the seed of doubt. Alice couldn't see the fate of Cilla right now, other than she was somewhere in Whiterun's Hall of the Dead, but her father was growing increasingly desperate to find her. He needed to be soothed: reassured that things would be okay. Otherwise, he may lose focus like Winter did and if they turned each other into scapegoats, that would spell doom for the mission.

"I'm going to go check up on Winter and Lilume okay? I'll be right over there. Just come get me if you need something."

"It's going to be okay R'alle." She reassured R'alle, giving him another hug before heading over to Winter and Lilume. She stood next to the bench the two were sitting on, having them on her left and the warm fire on her right. Her face was well lit as she addressed the older woman, the sweet little girl asleep on the bench and using Winter's lap as a pillow. It was a nice moment to witness. Alice and Tess had these moments long ago. She was like a big sister to Alice, and Alice missed her greatly.

"Would you mind if I joined you?" Alice asked Winter.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    Winter looked up at Alice and gestured to the seat beside her.
    "Free World." She replied, indicating that she didn't mind if Alice sat there.
    She didn't know what to make of this Alice girl just yet. She wanted to like her, as having another girl in the party was always a good thing. But then again, she still found it hard to really like anyone at all, aside from Lilumae.

"Were you just looking for a place to sit or did you need something?" She asked, inching over slightly to make room, gently tugging Lilumae along, still asleep, with her.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Alice sat down next to Winter, bringing her knees together in a rather ladylike way. Winter was more casual and Alice hoped she would not take her manners as showing off.

"I was hoping you and I could talk actually." She said, looking as open and sincere as possible, holding nothing back from Winter. "Given your level of perception, I imagine you know about my magical...gift."

This was the second time today Alice had voluntarily explained her powers to a stranger. doing so made her very uncomfortable and she didn't like the trend but these people needs to know what she could do.

"Please try to understand: I can't control what the gods show me. I simply see what I see and must make the best of it. I do however have a confession to make. Would you hear it?" She asked, her voice soft and kind as usual.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Night fell over the area, the ambiance shifted from bright and sunny to dark and cloudy as the sun went down. Jeroo-Shei felt more at home at this camp. The night was really cloudy and Jeroo-Shei liked cloudy nights. Being a vampire, he always loved night time, but cloudy nights especially. And the clouds werent enough to ruin the atmosphere's serenity. The scaly vampire felt as if he could crawl into a grave and sleep cozily until the end of time. Even the humming vibrations connecting between the Argonians and the Hist could not feel more soothing.

Jeroo-Shei decided to stay awake though and enjoy such a consolatory night. The stars shined so bright and were beautiful. Jeroo-Shei climbed overtop of some barrels and crates and made his temporary nest right there, laid down and relaxed with the back of his hooded head resting on top of the palms of his hands. And his tail was lying out forward with the tip of it resting on his leg.

Unfortunately, after about 13 minutes of meditation, this state of serenity ended. An arrow soared through the sky at almost light speed, exaggerating of course, it still had an unnatural velocity. The arrow flew right above Jeroo-Shei's argonian snout, missing its intended target, and lodged into the wooden shaft of the tent right next to the mountain-like stack of barrels and crates he was lying on. Jeroo-Shei popped open his scaly eyelids. Jeroo-Shei reached his hand over to where the arrow was protruding from. Jeroo-Shei grabbed it and attempted to pull it out. It was in pretty deep, so he struggled and tugged it thoroughly, shaking some of the crates underneath him, until he finally pulled it out.

Jeroo-Shei grasped the arrow like a dagger, clenching it into his fist. He gently touched the tip of the arrow with his free hand's index finger. It burned his the tip of his finger excruciatingly as it made contact and drops of blood began seeping rapidly through his finger and through the leather of his Vampire Gauntlet on that hand. This arrow clearly had an enchantment designed for killing undead. Jeroo-Shei knew this was no accident. No stormcloaks missed a target while training, no hunter missed a deer in the woods, someone or some thing clearly wanted him dead. The question was: Who or what was it? And how did whatever it is get by the walls and guards of the camp? They must be more skilled in stealth than Jeroo!

Jeroo-Shei hopped down the mountain of crates and barrels and landed on the ground, performing a soumersault as his feet his the grass beneath him. He grabbed his crossbow from the slot on the back of his armor, underneath his cloak, unsheathed it and steadily held it, yelling "Who's there?!" into the inner walls. His vampiric eyes pierced into the dark but nobody was seen.

Suddenly, he felt the familiar feel of the leather material from the arms of the Vampire Armor wrap around his neck in a choke hold which caused him to drop his crossbow. As he was struggling to break free, he looked up and saw the face of an Altmer Vampire. The High Elf parasite yelled, "DIE HERETIC!" and reached into the sky with a Silver Sword in his hand.

Jeroo-Shei reacted quickly and headbutted the elf with the back of his head. His hood flew off in the wind, exposing the small pair of horns on his head. As Jeroo hurled his cranium backwards the horns stabbed right into the Elf's eyes, blinding the elf. The Altmer screamed loudly in pain, dropped his sword, and released Jeroo-Shei from his choke hold to cover the immense amount of blood streaming down his eye sockets. As the elven worm was bending over, covering his eyes in agony, Jeroo-Shei quickly unsheathed his katar from the slot on the side of his thigh. Jeroo did a 360 spin, the first circle around he clobbered the elf with the back of his empty fist, the momentum causing the Altmer to release his hands from his eye sockets. At the 2nd circle, Jeroo-Shei finished him off and plunged the Katar's blade into his chest as he was staggering in pain. The Altmer vampire collapsed to the floor, dead, with a pool of blood emanating from his eye sockets and the giant wound in his chest.

Jeroo-Shei picked up his crossbow off the ground and sheathed it on his back once more. However, all the Elf's yelling seemed to have caught the attention of the rest of the camp...

R'alle

young but able
    R'alle nodded at Alice smiling. He looked to where Alice was going. He seen Winter looking at something and lilumae sleeping. His ears flattened against his head, he wanted to be with her and talk. R'alle turned around and walked to the kitchen. He was gonna ask for some more food when he saw something. There was a clean shirt with a bear logo in printed on it. It seemed to be a type of fur armor.

He looked at the man in front of the apparel. "Is that yours?" The man looked up and nodded. He spoke with a rough voice "It doesn't fit anymore. would you like it cat?" R'alle nodded. "First you must do me a favor....I need another bottle of mead....Would you mind fetching me one?" R'alle hurriedly rushed to the cook. "I need mead!!" The cook tossed a bottle at him quite hard. R'alle caught it and took it to the man.

The man slid the fur tunic over to R'alle. He quickly slid it over his head and on his body. He really liked it. It was a fur armor piece with a black bear design on the chest. He didn't feel the cold anymore. He smiled as he sat on the bench. The warmness took effect and R'alle drifted off to peaceful sleep.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    Winter nodded as Alice spoke. You'd have had to be blind, deaf or daft not to notice the aura that surrounded Alice, whispering of words that Winter could barely comprehend. Magic had never been her forte, she left that stuff to Lilumae.
    "I'm not a priestess, Alice. I'll have no confession made to me." She replied, but a smirk played at her lips as she tacked on a bit to the end of her sentence, "However, if you wish to share, I don't mind listening."

"Don't leave me behind..."
    Lilumae stirred somewhat in her sleep, mumbling, restlessly kicking out occasionally. Winter had to shift the small girl so that her left foot wouldn't hit Alice in the gut and send her spiraling off the bench. Winter knew the effect Lilumaes night terrors had on her, kicking, scratching and biting were not uncommon.
    "Easy, Lilu" She murmured, soothing the still sleeping child.

"Careful not to get too close. She bites." Winter warned Alice, glancing her way to make sure she hadn't been injured by accident.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    "Thank you." Alice said, moving over to Winter's other side to avoid Lilume's kicking. She removed her right glove and stroked the girl's unkempt but beautiful pink hair.

"This little girl needs a haircut." She said, looking down at the child that reminded her quite a bit of herself. "Would you mind if I held her for a bit? I think I can calm her down. I started having my own terrors when I was eleven. My powers had matured by then and I...wasn't ready for it. My mother used to sing to me and that would help me cope. Sometimes my dad would do it too."

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts