• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    After hearing Arillious' promise that he would help Alice and Simus find their Cilla, her eyes became misty and she pulled him into a hug.

"Thank you so much." She said, holding herself close to him. "You have no idea how much I love my little sister. I would do anything to hold her again. Dad's worked tirelessly for over a year to try and find her and I've helped as much as I can, but we've had no luck. Now that we know where those...things...are taking her, there's hope."

Alice drew her embrace back some, wrapping her arms around Arillious' torso and looking up into his eyes.

"You're probably wondering how I know so much when you all have just met me. In addition to my skills in archery and swordplay, I'm very...gifted with Illusion magic. Particulary with clairvoyance spells. Finding answers to hard question has always come naturally to me. It's as if I can solve problems before I see them. That's one reason I appear so fast in combat. I simply know what my enemy will do most of the time and know how to counter it. If I concentrate hard enough, I can see things happen in my mind's eye from a great distance. I was able to watch all of you in the cave. Not all at once, but I could switch from person to person. Watching everything would require extrieme concentration. Most likely more than I have. It's not a gift I or my family fully understand and it's not always reliable, but sometimes I can gain enough forsight to avoid disaster. I'm sorry if that scares you, but I thought you needed to know."

Deluge the Distant

Rendered Distant
    Deluge moved forward now, closing in on the group. He had heard them chattering and decided to see what there conversation was about. He stopped a few feet short of them, they had figured out his presence. Should he continue his charade? He followed his first instinct and conjured a Dremora Lord. "So you've found me?" His mask hung at his neck he was breathing heavily from the great anxiety weighing on his chest, the spell Ice Storm filling his right hand, a greater ward appearing in his left. His facial expression was blank and his eyes wide. He was dying to test their mage, who had been the one to discover him amongst the shadows that surrounded him. "I am very pleased to find yet another skilled mage amongst the many mediocre ones I've encountered in Skyrim. Might I suggest a Duel?" A cold smile crawled across his face.

"Power"

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin cast a callous glance at the mage who suddenly appeared near them. He readied his spells and Edwin turned, bringing a ward into his left hand. He held his enchanted dagger Thorn in his right behind his back. When the man suggested a dual Edwin snorted, "Ha! No I don't think so. I don't participate in such pointless competitions. If you wish to live a good long life I sugest you don't partake in such activities as well." He gave the man a superior look and glanced towards Simus and Hale. If the man attacked he would not be able to fight them all off, even if he was a powerful mage.

Looking back to the man he said, "Me and my companions have no time for such things anyways. If you wish you may join us in our quest or go your own way, it doesn't matter to me."

Deluge the Distant

Rendered Distant
    "What is this quest?" Deluge held his chin high, the tone in his voice more challenging then anything. "As for duels, maybe not to the death as I can see I am clearly outmatched. Maybe a challenge of skill? Spell for Spell? I'd like to see your inventory of magic." Deluge snarled at his obvious surrender mocking the mage before him. Deluge stepped back and looked amongst the many faces. "I'll await your answer, Mage. As until then I'll be in your company." He shrouded himself in his invisibility again, this time deciding now matter how untrustworthy he seemed to remain with this group as comrades or just a tag-a-along.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwins lips twitched as his response seemed to aggravate the mage, "Ah yes, I am sure you would want to see all my spells wouldn't you? Sorry to disappoint you good mage, but I am not nearly arrogant enough to fall for your little trap." He released his hold on the ward spell in his hand and slipped his dagger back up his sleeve, "As for the quest, perhaps Simus could enlighten you."

As the mage disappeared Edwin reactivated his detect life spell, only with lower, more manageable magnitude. He wasn't going to let this mysterious figure out of his sight. As he turned Edwin stepped past Simus he whispered into his ear, "Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on him." He then asked in a louder voice, "Well are we ready to move out cap'm?"

Hale Loneshadow

Hale slowly, yet cautiously sheathed his arrow that he had notched immediately at the sudden (yet expected) appearance of both this mysterious mage and the Dremora that he had conjured.

Walking over to where Simus and Edwin were standing, Hale moved closer in and muttered, "Well played back there, Edwin. Better to not let him draw you in just yet. While we could no doubt emerge victorious from a fight with him, it is likely that not all of us would survive. But yeah, better keep an eye on that one for now...I don't want a spell in the back when I'm ahead scouting."

The Ranger walked a bit faster, moving ahead of the main body of the group once again, shouting back to the two men, "Cause' that just might ruin my whole bloody day, now wouldn't it?!"

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Simus looked at Deluge with a mixture of skepticism and exchaustion as he revealed himself to the group. So that was the source of that frenzy spell. Simus was telling the truith when he told Hale and Arillious his anger had exploded into blind rage, but he did feel the spell hit him and it did exacerbate his condition. It also significantly impared his tactical sense, hence trying to kill an elven warrior with his fists and teeth. It's a miracle he was alive, let alone relatively unharmed.

As Deluge disappeared, Simus gave a low growel. Wonderful, now he had TWO cocky mages to deal with and this one was as shifty as Einarr. Edwin's well-intentioned but frustrating request for orders didn't help things either. This was Winter's group, not his, and he really didn't want to lead these people. Winter and Lilumae seemed occupied with the other group memebers at the moment however, so Simus would take charge if he really had to.

"I want you to keep an eye on this newcomer. He seemes awfully shifty and I don't want any more trouble than what we've already got." Simus whispered to Edwin. "Is there some way you can tag him while he's invisible? That way you don't have to split your head by constantly channeling a detect life spell?"

Simus was about to turn to Hale, but looked back to Edwin with an afterthought.

"Also, I'm going to connect us with a message enchantment." He continued to whisper. "It'll allow us to speak to each other in thoughts, in order to avoid verbal communication. If this guy does anything suspicious, form a warning in your head and I'll hear it. Do not force him to reveal himself. Let him do that on his own. He may just need time to evaluate us. Warn me if he does anything dangerous and I'll move to stop him. If I can't get there for some reason, do whatever you have to do to stop him without killing him."

Simus then conjured an small ball of green light in his right hand, touching his forehead first, than Edwins.

You and I are now linked. You should be able to hear me in your head, and I'll hear any response you think as if you were talking to me. Can you hear me Edwin?

As he tested his enchantment, Simus looked over to Arillious and Alice. They seemed to be having a rather intimate conversation and that worried him. While he was happy for both of them for connecting so quickly, he wasn't sure they knew what they were getting into. One thing Alice did not handle very well was her feelings towards boys, and she wasn't very experienced with relationships as a result. Plus the protective father in him knew that there was much he still didn't know about Arillious. He seemed like a good kid with a strong sense of honor, but what if he stared courting Alice? Was Simus really ready for that? Of course, the first thing he wanted for his daughter was for her to be happy but was an Imperial Soldier and a Stormcloak really a good match? Technically they were still enemies and they may have to face each other in battle someday. Simus didn't want either of them to get involved in a relationship they couldn't maintain, all that ever does is lead to heartbreak. Then again, he loved Alice and he liked Arillious so he couldn't stand in their way. After all, the only way to learn about love is to experience it yourself. And of course, there was a time when he too was a hot headed legionairre chasing a girl he was in love with, so who was he to judge?

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin nodded and winked at Simus as he spoke in his mind, Yes its working. As for the invisible mage quandary, I think I may have a solution to the problem. That mask he wore around his neck was a powerful magical item, I think I can trace it with a clairvoyance spell, and that would cost significantly less magicka to maintain. He is also expending large quantities of energy in order to maintain the invisibility spell, unless he has some other source of power aiding him like a soul gem I doubt he will be able to keep up the spell for more than an hour or two.

Mental conversation finished Edwin wandered over to a nearby tree as he waited for the Stormcloaks to get moving. While he waited he made the spell switch. The mages glowing blue aura at the edge of the field was replaced by a shimmering white one at about head level. Only Edwin could see this effect, and it would work perfectly as long as the mages head remained with his body. Of course if his head ever did detach he doubted that they would have anything to fear from the man.

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
    Before he knew it, Arillious was embraced in a hug with Alice. It seemed odd witnessing such a person to be in such a gentle, sensitive state right after they blew a Thalmor's face off.

She was very thankful for everyone being so motivated into helping Simus find her sister.

Arillious was relaxed, he's been tense and readied for anything since he's been thrown into this whole mess, but during this he was at peace.

He was much taller than she, so he wrapped an arm around her, re-exchanging the gratitude.

She continued to explain her skills in Illusion magic, and because of this she was a master at anticipation. She claimed she could see the group in the cave, he was skeptical of this.

"What on Nirn is that supposed to mean? She can read minds?"

He was highly doubtful of this, but he's underestimated the power of magic before. He's grown very, very fond of Alice, but he doesn't want too much of himself to be revealed to this group. As loyal and as friendly as they all are, he isn't quite ready to trust them yet.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Jeroo-Shei saw the newcomer, Deluge, and squinted his creepy, vampiric, orange, reptilian eyes at him, growling to himself. He didn't trust him whatsoever, either that or he was just feeling selfishly competitive towards him over the invisibility talents he had, it lowered Jeroo's uniqueness among the group and that was the way he likes it.

Jeroo-Shei saw him vanish once again after arrogantly challenging Edwin to a duel which Edwin declined. The scaly horror could smell Deluge's mortal blood like a vampire could, so he knew where he went off too. Jeroo decided to go invisible himself, and follow this strange man and confront him personally. As soon as Deluge's invisibility wore off and he stopped walking for a moment, Jeroo-Shei grabbed on his shoulder to get his attention.

As soon as Deluge turned around with a look of surprise and shock on his face, Jeroo-Shei said sarcastically, "Peek-a-fluffing-boo!" then instantly grabbed Deluge by the collar and pulled him close to his face, and spit out at him angrily, "Who are you?! Why did you cast that spell on Simus, huh?! What business do you have casting spells on individuals it doesn't even know?! What did that accomplish for you?! More importantly, what is it you want from us?! You already made strike one with that little spell of yours. Most people allow their victims to live until strike three, sadly that's not the way it works for me. You do anything else to this group and you soak in a puddle of your own blood and tears!....GOT IT?!"

Jeroo-Shei then loosened his grip on the man's collar and released him, then said with a softer, more pleasant tone, "I already have enough to deal with, considering the Daedric Lord of Domination wants to use my soul for a play thing...I don't need to make any more enemies...I'm stressed enough as it is...." Jeroo-Shei then paused and awaited Deluge's response.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Alice looked into Arillious' eyes and saw that she had scared him. To what extent she couldn't tell, and she couldn't See what this could lead to, but she immediately regretted explaining her powers.

"I'm sorry." Alice said as a sad look overtook her face and she lowered her head, her usual optomistic tone gone. "Just...forget I said anything."

She turned away from him and went over to Simus. She hadn't been with Arillious for five minutes and now he thought she was a witch. These feelings were nothing new to her, but they hurt comming from someone she was fond of. Along the way she saw Elsie tending to a fast-fading brother but she didn't care: She had grown used to seeing death.

Simus observed Jeroo's rough handling of Deluge knowing the vampire could easily kill the mage, but he figured a good scare was just what he needed. Simus wouldn't interfere, so long as Jeroo did nothing else. Edwin was watching the mage with a pleased look on his face. He didn't look like he was concentrating on anything, so that must mean he had put some sort of tag on this man. Probably something only he could see. That was good, less cause for alarm that way. He went over to his men, huddled in a group around their fallen brother. It seemes Elsie couldn't save him. Friga noticed his presence and stood at attention.

"Casualty report." He said.

"Bjorn's been killed sir. Ran through by his own sword." Friga said. "It took three Thalmor soldiers to take him down though, and two of them were dead before he fell. Bjorn died a good death sir. One worthy of Sovngarde."

"May you find your ancestors in Sovngarde brother." Simus said, kneeling down to the now dead man and closing his eyes. He took his sword out of his chest and folded it into his hands. He lay the man upon his shield and placed his hands against his chest, his sword facing downward. "Take him back to camp and inventory his gear. See to it that he's given a proper funeral, than burn his body. May his spirit find Sovngarde."

"Yes sir." Friga said. Stefan and Erik readied a stretcher and placed the man upon it, ready to bear him to his final resting place. Elsie looked up to Simus apologetically.

"I'm sorry Captain." She said. "I did all I could but he was dead before I got here."

"It's okay Elsie, it's not your fault. You did your duty. You didn't fail him." Simus said, making an effor to stave off the doubt this girl would surely have. This was the first time she had watched a man die.

"Sir?" She asked. "Are you going to be all right?"

"I'm gonna be fine Elsie." Simus said, putting a hand on her shoulder. "Don't you worry about me. Just focus on your job."

"Yes sir." She said, trusting her commander.

Simus then saw Alice standing next to Edwin and Jeroo. Arilious wasn't with her and she looked sad. It wouldn't take him three guesses to figure out what had happened, but it would be better if she told him herself. He walked over to his daughter.

"Hey. You okay?" He asked with a look of concern.

"I'm fine." She lied.

"No you're not." He said, smiling. "You've never been a very good liar you know. You get that from me. Now talk to me, what's wrong?"

Alice sighed, knowing it was pointless to try and lie to her father. "I told Arillious about my...gifts, and he gave me that 'you can see into the future you must be a witch' look."

"Why would you tell him that?" Simus asked. "You just me this boy, and you like him."

"Well we just fought together, and we're going to be traveling together so I figured the sooner I disclose that the less of a shock it'll be when I use it. He needs to know he's travelling with a freak." She said.

"I agree with your decision but you're not a freak." He said. "You've got a gift from the gods Alice. Your mom and I have told you that because it's true. You know we wouldn't lie to you, or to any of your siblings. We love all four of you for who you guys are and mom's death hasn't changed that. I promise."

Simus then took his daughter into a big hug.

"Don't you worry about Arillious. He's a hot head, but he's a good guy. He's not going to pass judgement on you. Once he gets to know you better, he'll understand your gift. Just like everyone else you've met. Besides, do you really think you're so strange among THIS motely crew?"

"I guess not." Alice said, feeling better in her father's arms and her usual smile returing. "Thanks Dad."

"Anytime." He said, kissing her on the forehead before turning to Deluge and the rest of the group.

Gunnbjorn

The calm left as Alice slowly moved away towards Arillious.

"I'm sorry. Just...forget I said anything."

"plops." Arillious was confused, he had no idea he did something wrong, but clearly he did.

"Did she hear what I was thinking just now?"

What she seemed to be feeling was based on something true. This power was intimidating. As is all magic, according to Arillious. Illusion was always what scared him the most. Mentality is always more devastating than physicality, and he would never be able to counter such magic used against him.

This was the situation he was not afraid of, however. He doesn't think Alice would hurt him for no reason. What he was most scared of was his rare encounter with his long lost brother being compromised by unwanted people.

Did Alice see it? Is she going to tell Simus right now? Is he about to be ripped apart by a bunch of angry Stormcloaks and a damn Ranger?

"Damn."

He kept his cool, the group was lagging when it came to movement. He began walking up the road a little ways, in the direction they seemed to be headed. He leaned himself up against a nearby rock, and started to sharpen his sword with his lucky whetstone. He needed to chill out. There was nothing to hide and he was making too big a deal of it.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    "There's my smile." Simus said in response to Alice cheering up, giving her a smile himself. "Tell you what: why don't you go catch up to Hale and help him clear our path? It'll do you guys some good to get to know each other."

"Well, alright." Alice said. "He's more than a little arrogant though. Did you see that show he put on, right in the middle of combat?"

"Oh, and you didn't do the same thing?" Simus said with a witty smile. "You like to put on a show yourself sweetheart. Remember how you loved to dance so much because of the attention you got?"

"Yes, I remember." Alice said coyly. "But I always deserved it. Besides, I may be showy, but I do it with STYLE."

"Yeeeeah. Style. THAT'S what always came to mind." He said with a grin. "Now get goin'. I'll see ya back at camp."

"See you." Alice said. She then turned and went running after Hale.

Simus then turned to Arillious to see him sharpening his sword. He was making an effort to relax, which was a good thing. It looked like he and Alice didn't have the best introduction and he was hoping to fix that. Simus usually didn't play matchmaker: that was more of Amy's job, but he liked both parties so he would make an exception. He walked over to Arillious.

"Hey there, we're about ready to move out. Everything all right? You look a little upset."

Gunnbjorn

The slow, smooth motions Arillious made with his whetstone made a soothing noise, he smiled as his sword started to shine.

He was able to glance at Simus coming right at him.

"Hey there, we're about ready to move out. Everything all right? You look a little upset."

Arillious didn't quite know what to say. Should he tell Simus? He has quite the bond with his daughter, he would easily be sided with her if any conflict arose, but nothing has. He was still confused at why Alice just up and left him hanging.

Why was he even thinking this? Why lie? Why be that mischievous person in the group. He would much rather keep playing to role he is so good at, and leave the mysterious aura of character to Jeroo or Winter.

He was still sitting against the rock, sword across his lap. He looked up at Simus, giving him the eye contact and respect every soldier of every faction deserves,

"Sir, yes sir. I'll move out whenever you feel ready."

He slowly got up, taking his time to gently return his whetstone into his small pouch attached to his belt.

He took one last look at his pride and joy, and quickly sheathed it. He was standing face to face with Simus now.

"Yes, everything is alright. I am not upset, I am just a little confused. It's about your daughter."

He continued to stare at Simus' face. He remained in the same state, it was nice to know he wasn't that super protective father type, even though he has every right to be after all he's been through.

"She's a very nice girl, a hell of a fighter too."

He made sure to keep his voice at less than normal volume, he was never comfortable talking about relationships between himself and someone with anyone.

"I gave her the same promise I gave you, and she was greatful. I'm sure you saw the hug. She is so soothing. I really like her, as a person. Shes.. shes just sending me mixed signals. I've never been too good at this thing. One minute she hugs me, friendly and all, next she's telling me a little about herself, and I'm not sure what I did, but she walked away, almost embarrassed she said something, like I said something to be direspectful, but I didn't think I was. I wasn't saying anything, I promise you."

He looks away from Simus, and sees Alice running over toward Hale.

"Over this short period of time I have existed, I seemed to have succeeded in accomplishing all of my goals. I have been able to get myself out of different situations, and have had my good share of near death experiences. I understand everything I've been through, and it's affected me today."

He looks back at Simus, starting to quietly laugh,

"This situation usually means nothing to me, but for some reason it's annoying, even a little frustrating... and it's scaring the hell out of me."

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Simus sat down with Arillious and looked at him as if the boy were his son. Considering he had a boy close to his age, this wasn't hard to imagine.

"I did indeed see Alice's hug and seeing her so hopeful makes me happy. She and her little sister were very close, and being separated from her was almost too much for Alice to bear. Then of course there was the death of her mother, my wife, a year ago in Cyrodiil. I've already told you that story and I'd rather not tell it again. Suffice to say, Alice took her mother's death so hard. It took her months to get over it, and even to this day she struggles with it. I keep trying to tell her she didn't fail, but that's how she feels. I can't really blame her. They loved each other so much. Alice is also naive enough to think her mother could be saved. That's why her death was so hard on her."

Simus paused for a moment.

"I didn't see your reaction when Alice told you about her gift, but I did overhear the conversation. I tend to have much better hearing when my daughter is with a young man." He said with a chuckle. "Even so, don't feel bad about how she reacted. It wasn't your fault. Actually you should feel pretty good: Alice doesn't divulge that little secret of hers lightly, only to people she trusts. So that should tell you right there that you're in her good graces. It's just...well..."

Simus sighed. This wasn't something he talked about with strangers very often, and he was having trouble explaining something that was so intuitive to him.

"Alice's abilities made her rather...unpopular when she was growing up. She can't read minds per se, but she can see the actions of people in the present, as well as the future. Sometimes this helps, but it makes growing up hard. As you can imagine, getting glimpses of the future at inoppertune times makes for a hard life at school. At best, she sees something useful and has more information to deal with a problem, or maybe sees someone in trouble and knows how to help. Most of the time though, it's gibberish: white noise comming from people around her. She's gotten better at using her powers, but a lot of times, she sees things she doesn't want to see, even when she's not looking."

Simus could see that Arillious was confused

"Here's an example: You have an upcoming fight and you want to know who your opponent is and how he fights. With Alice's powers you could do that, but there's no gaurentee you will. When you try to see into your own future, you could just as easily see another person's opponent, or an opponent of yours, but not from the comming fight. Or an opponent in High Rock fighting right now. There are endless possiblilites, and many of them are unhelpful. It takes her great concentration and a good deal of luck to truly see someone's future. Even if she does, there's no guarentee she'll know what it means, or how it helps."

Arillious looked like he was starting to sort of get it now.

"The point is, it's a very touchy subject with her, and she's been ridiculed more than once for revealing too much too fast. I think that's what happened here with you. She really likes you, and now she feels liek she's put too much faith in your trust. She assumes you think she's a witch or a soothsayer because that's the reaction she expects. She'll figure out that's not true soon enough and she'll apologize.

One word of advice: Don't push her on this. She needs to realize that you're a good guy and that you won't judge her for something she was born with. I promise you she'll come around. All she needs is time." He finishe with a warm smile to Arillious, awaiting his response.

Hale Loneshadow

Hale walked along the naturally magical path as he leapt ahead of the group to scout. He was in a magical grove of Kynareth, and the druidic blood in him was pulling him up mentally to his All-Mother.

"All-Mother, are you there??" the Ranger telepathically asked Kynareth.

"I am always here for my children, and always awake for you," replied his Goddess.

Hale then took then immedately snapped back to Nirn, and put his pipeweed out.

"By the Divines, that Redguard man sure acquired the best nirnweed I've ever had." stated the Ranger, to no one in particular.

Gunnbjorn

Arillious listened intently as Simus continually gave him advice about his own daughter. He completely understand Alice's behavior in dismissing herself from him, he couldn't be mad at it.

"Simus, I don't pass judgement on anyone I don't know a thing about - even my enemies... well, except for one." He takes a quick glance at Hale, smiles, and looks back at Simus.

"I do like Alice, and I'm sorry that's what happens to her. I just get a little paranoid when someone could potentially find a touchy subject about me out. I reacted the same way everyone else did, but I never will again..."

Thoughts of redemption went through his mind, until Simus gave him his word of advice. If Arillious knew anything, he knew that following a father's orders about his daughter is the smartest move to make.

"Okay. I'll keep my distance a little bit, let her chill out. If what your saying is to let her figure it out, I'll let her respond."

He paused a little bit, staring in space.

"Thank you Simus."

He stood there, staring again at the group. Hoping Simus had anything else to say about the subject.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Simus smiled at Arillious and lightly patted his shoulder. He really was a good honerable person. Simus was glad there was more to this boy than meets the eye.

"Not a problem Arillious. You can talk to me about anything. Any of you guys can. I've lived longer than most of you, so I'm happy to share my experiences. I'm glad to see you can keep an open mind. One of the worst things you can do in war is to judge your enimies unfairly. It makes peace that much harder, and I hope you learn the value of peace someday. I really do. I like you Arillious and I don't want to be your enemy, even if our leaders claim this must be so. I love Ulfric, but he needs to learn that just because you're leading an army doesn't mean you're always right."

Simus then thought about what Arillious said, about someone finding out about a touchy subject concerning him.

"As for touchy subjects concerning you, having them revealed to someone like Alice is a risk everyone in a relationship takes. That's what love is all about: making yourself vulerable with the trust that you won't get hurt. Even when you do get hurt, you become stronger for it. Belileve me, I know. I've gotten hurt by plenty of girls before I met Amy. It takes great courage to open up to another person, but if you really care about them, than they deserved to know all sides of you."

Simus was happy to hear that Arillious would keep his distance from Alice. He understood how tough it was, but when it comes to a girl's heart, sometimes the best course of action is to do nothing.

"Giving Alice space is the right decison and I'm glad you're heeding me. And yes, I do mean let her figure it out for herself. She'll connect the dots on her own and that'll be better for both of you in the end. Half the stuff my dad told me about women I ignored and the other half I had to learn the hard way. Honestly, you're not so different than I was at your age, and Alice is so much like her mother, whom you would really like by the way. You guys would make a good couple if that's what you want to do.

If you don't mind me asking, have you and your dad ever had these types of conversations before? You just seem a little new to this and I'm wondering if you've ever been encouraged to feel before. I don't mean to offend you, it's just I know how millitary families sometimes get."

Gunnbjorn

Arillious was happy to hear that he seemed to be good at this whole conversational thing.

Simus applauded him for his efforts and went on about Alice's feelings.

What caught him the most was when he asked about his father, and having these types of conversations.

"If you don't mind me asking, have you and your dad ever had these types of conversations before? You just seem a little new to this and I'm wondering if you've ever been encouraged to feel before. I don't mean to offend you, it's just I know how millitary families sometimes get."

"No." That was all he was going to say. That's all there really was to it. But he knew he needed to provide reasons, it was disrespectful.

After a quick 2-3 second pause, he continued.

"I've been directed toward my future at a young age, it's what I wanted to do, but most witnesses said I was unknowingly forced into my destiny by my family. I was born with the need to obtain pride, honor, respect, and fame. It's in my blood, everyone in my family has it. At a young age, the only option to obtain all of this was to become a soldier. My father, and my grandfather told me war stories that most would question appropriate to a boy at such a young age. This only ever made me envious..."

He stopped. He was going on with his life story.. a simple answer to a simple question was all Simus was looking for. Their was no need to go into detail...

He stopped himself short,

"Anyways, I told my father and my grandfather that it was what I wanted to do, and we began training the day of. They turned from family to Drill Instructors that day. I can't remember a single conversation I had that wasn't involved in military matters and war.... I guess it is kind of sad, now that i look at it. I missed out on the 'childhood family time' most everyone goes through. But at the same time, I had more motivation and drive than most kids 10 years older than me..."

He watched Simus, letting him process this whole thing....

"The answer to your question is no, emotion was always secondary to my physicality and mentality in my eyes."

Deluge the Distant

Rendered Distant
    Deluge dropped his cloak of invisibilty, though he had great reserves of magicka one wouldn't know when it was needed. In an instant he was pulled and was face to face with a vampiric argonian. "Peek-a-f***ing-boo! Who are you?! Why did you cast that spell on Simus, huh?! What business do you have casting spells on individuals it doesn't even know?! What did that accomplish for you?! More importantly, what is it you want from us?! You already made strike one with that little spell of yours. Most people allow their victims to live until strike three, sadly that's not the way it works for me. You do anything else to this group and you soak in a puddle of your own blood and tears!....GOT IT?!"

The vampire called "Jeroo" loosened his grip on the man's collar and released him, then said with a softer, more pleasant tone, "I already have enough to deal with, considering the Daedric Lord of Domination wants to use my soul for a play thing...I don't need to make any more enemies...I'm stressed enough as it is...."

The argonian paused for a second expecting a response, but Deluge just stared blankly into his eyes. His expression empty and then as if he was possessed a sinister smile curled across his face. He shoved the argonian off of him and spat "I know you've been watching me. I couldn't detect you before, but just then when I dropped my cloak I felt you. Your dark, hovering presence. The thing is I've some questions for you as well as answers, Undead." Deluge hissed now casting paralyze into the vampire's stomach. "So...Tell me... What do you know of Azura??

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts