• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.
    "Gentle isnt a very...common word for people like us." He replied. "Pleasure to meet you both" Arthur bowed to both of the girls. "And what about you sir?" he said looking up at the large man.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin let out a small laugh at what Winter had said. The assassin seemed to be his type of person, fleet of foot and sharp with her tounge.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    OOC: Is Hermaeus still around even?

Derath_farseer

((Grrrr you lot forgot about me :sadface: ))

Einarr stood looking over the city his manor, which was a gift from the Thane. It was spacious enough, in fact Einarr found he had trouble furnishing the entire house so as a result wile what furniture was there was costly and finely made there was still a few rooms left empty.

But that hardly bothered him now last night he was given a letter, a summons from the Thane. He couldn't help but wonder what he wanted now. For the most part he was left alone, to study the arcane arts. Sadly he had slept in after throwing him self into his study the night before and had to hurry to make it to the Thanes hall.

As his fine leather shoes padded on the stone of his city the towns folk turned and looked, It was rare for him to leave his manor besides when he went to the tavern once and a wile to get some air, and it was even stranger to see him in a hurry. But he cared little for what they thought all though most of it where still looks of awe as his story had reached all of skyrim and further, with a little help of the book he wrote.

In fact he spent the last two years living as a hero, the women would smile and give him second glances, a few of the more bold had a stronger approach which he turned down. The men normally treated him with respect and normally asked to hear his story first hand, Which he turned down as well. He cared little for the people who threw them selves at him because of his fame.
    He was thinking of his time in the city as he made his way up the hall, the Thanes guards opened the doors allowing him through.

Einarr strode up the stairs his eyes focused on the Thane and the small group of people around him, he had a feeling what the Thane wanted of him.
    "Einarr I'm glad you could make it before mid day." The jarl says remarking on his slight tardiness
    "Yes sorry my Thane I was caught up in my studies." By the tone of Einarrs voice he was any but sorry in fact by the sound of his voice it was almost as if being summoned here annoyed him.
    "Always with your head in a book, but lets get to what I wish to ask of you Einarr. There is trouble out there and I could use some one of your... Talents. These others will accompany you as well." Einarrs gaze settles on the Thane for a few moments, his gaze cold as a Skyrim winter. The thane him self shifted in his seat slightly unease from the young mans gaze. Wile the thane respected Einarr he always found some thing about him... off.

Einarr turned and looked at the group in front of him, his eyes moving from each adventure. It would be hard to tell if he was impressed or not as his face was unreadable. All though his eyes did linger on the young girl for a moment.

Einarr him self was dressed in the finest clothes money could buy, contrast to his short blonde hair that looked as if he just woke up. But in a good way. His light blue eyes seem cold at first but really just seem sad. And his youngish features that cause him to look a few years younger then his age.

But he turned back to the Thane and took a deep breath.
    Very well I'll do it." Einarr took a step away from the thane and walked over to the nearby wall pulling out a paper pad and a small piece of coal and started to write what he would need.

Derath_farseer

((ehh not gonna be a loner so ill make another quick post))

Einarr looked up from his pad, flipped it shut and looked at the others. He might as well get to know them. Starting with what he thought was the most interesting one.
    "You there young miss, are you coming with us?" There was no judgement in his voice, or that he found the idea shocking. He simply seemed curious.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    Lilumae looked to the newest approaching figure as he spoke to her.
    She gave a short nod at him, "I am, Sir." She was grateful that her voice didn't shake nearly as much as she'd thought it might, considering her general uncomfortable feelings about people, strangers especially.

However, her moral need to do the right thing, outweighed her fear of other beings, and she pushed that fear aside as best as she could as she continued to speak to the figure adressing her,
    "I do hope that will not be an issue for you, Sir?"

Derath_farseer

Einarr runs a hand through his hair before speaking. "No it won't be, as long as you do know this isn't a game, if your looking for some noble quest for honor or glory don't bother." His cold piercing stare borrows into her trying to size her up and why shy would be here.
    "And my names Einarr, no need to call me sir. Could I have the pleasure of knowing who I'm talking to?" At that his gaze softens and a faint smile touches his lips.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    Before she could respond, the other girl, Winter, cut in.
    "For your information, the kid was the first one here, offering up her life to save those people. I'd say even if she was looking for honor, she's already acquired more with that act alone than most men in this city."
    Winter glared at the man, sizing him up and down for a moment. She disliked his attitude and the way he carried himself. Noble or not, she wouldn't let him try and intimidate a child, as she saw it.

"My name is Lilumae." The small girl spoke up, not wishing for a quarrel to break out between the groups members so soon, and hoping to distract Einarr from Winters icy glare.
    "It is a pleasure to meet you, Einarr. I am looking forward to our time together. I do hope to be of use to you, as well as everyone else."

Derath_farseer

Einarr didn't do so much as give winter a glance as she spoke. Instead listened intently as Lilumae spoke.
    "So am I Miss Lilumae, And I'm sure your talents will be of great help." He flashes her another smile, which causes his normal stoic manner to fade away and give him a look of boyish joy. Einarr then turns his head slightly his smile fading a bit and looks at winter.
    "We've yet had the chance to meet, I'm Einarr incase you failed to hear me wile I was talking to Lilumae." He puts emphasis on her name to point out her interruption. "And I didn't mean her any disrespect and I had failed to see her step forward first. I do not doubt her bravery but I was simply asking if she knows what she is getting into that was all." Einarr meets her icy glare with out so much as a flinch. He seems completely unfazed in fact a smile plays at the corner of his lips. But he turns back to Lulumae. "Oh yes your talents, what is it you do?"

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    Winter was unphased by the mans words. She was used to self-rightous egotistical men like him, assuming the world owed them something fierce and they demanded every drop of it.
    She didn't like this fellow, not one bit.
    "Yes, well, it cannot be helped. When you're the last git to show up when duty calls, no wonder you didn't notice the child stepping up first." Winter replied cooly, a smile playing on her lips, though her eyes had narrowed some.
    "Miss Winter..." Lilumae spoke softly, her voice slightly pleading. Winter cast a glance at the girl and looked away, turning her back to the group as if she'd suddenly found an image out the window to be the most exciting thing she'd seen all day. Truthfully, she was just intent on not continuing to banter with the man back and forth, for the childs sake, at least.

Lilumae turned back to Einarr and began to quietly explain, "I am an alchemist, mostly. I mix different potions, and sometimes poisons, but I don't like to use them on people. Mostly I pour them on weeds, to keep them from hurting the good plants." The child stopped to think for a moment before adding, "I also use magic. Lots of it. But... People don't seem to like that about me very much. So I try not to talk about it."

Derath_farseer

Einarr nods as she speaks thinking that she would be a great help and trying to tune out the rather hostile glares he was getting. "Alchemist huh? I could never rap my mind around potion making. Always ended up dropping the morter." He chuckles at the memory of his first attempt. But he snaps back into focus when she mentions magic. "Really now, All kinds you say? Perhaps you can show me what you can do." His features soften more as he talks to the young woman, she was polite and seemed kind hearted. "And don't pay any attention to those who distrust mages, its human nature to fear the unknown." He snaps his fingers and a small dark purple flame sprung to life at his finger tips. Then quickly fades away, it seemed different from a normal flame besides its color, close to no light came off of it. And even stranger you noticed a very faint crimson glow come from the palm of his hand.
    "So Lilumae if you ever want some one to talk about all things magical perhaps have a sparing match just say the word. It's been a few years since I've met some with a natural talent for it." As he finishes the flame goes out and the glow fades. Einarr turns his palms in word rather obviously. His eyes glance over at winter, It wasn't good he already had some one looking to pick a fight with him he would need to try and fix things at least for the sake of their task it never helped to be fighting with some one who's meant to watch your back.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    All at once it seemed the small child sprung to life, "Oh, Potion making is very easy, Einarr. It's less about the application of it and more about what you use. Even if you mess up crushing the herbs, you can still use them in a potion that doesn't require a finely crushed herb, or one that needs diced ingredients. Regardless of how you shape the ingredient, it is still useful in any form. That in mind, never think of having wasted an ingredient or ruined a potion, think of it as having accidentally prepared an ingredient for a new potion!" Lilumae stopped short, her cheeks flushing a slight pink. "Sorry, rambling. I'll be quiet now." She looked down to her feet, feeling quite embarrased for having gone on the way she had.

As Einarr mentioned magic and brought the strange flame to life, she lifted her head to peek at it.
    "The people here don't like me when I do magic. You should be more careful. They might get mad at you." She frowned slightly, seemingly almost worried for the mage standing before her.

Derath_farseer

Einarr chuckles softly as she talked about what was clearly her passion, the way she spoke about potion making couldn't help but make Einarr think about the innocence of youth. And spoke softly but confidently.
    "Lilumae don't be sorry for having passion in what you do. In fact its rather fascinating how you talk about making potions. Maybe I'll give it a try once I have a moment." Einarr smiles friendly and puts a reassuring hand on her shoulder for a moment. Then taking it away he takes a breath. "And don't let the normal nordic brute bully you in hiding your magical talent, and don't worry about me using my magic the guards and folk here know not to bother me about it, and wile we're traveling they won't bother you either I promise. So feel free to talk about any thing and every thing that you find interesting about the magical arts. And on the chance some one does bother you let me know I'll make sure to give him a good wallop." He speaks with a suppressed passion having to do with his magic, and his promise of walloping a large nord warrior -due to Einarrs rather lack of physical strength- almost seemed like a joke but from the tone of his voice he meant it.

Einarr him self was a little confused why he was being so open with the girl in front of him, perhaps it was because she reminded him of him self when he was younger. A little timid and shy, and treated differently because of her gifts. And perhaps she most likely has had a troubling childhood, at least Einarr guessed that he wouldn't know why else she would be able to go on this little adventure.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    As the conversation between the adventurers took place in the Jarl's court room in Markarth. Jeroo was sitting at a table, drinking blood in an Ale bottle in the right corner of the large palace, blended into the shady shadows coming from the illumination of the candle lit lamp on the table. He chose to be unseen because of the bounty he had in Markarth, even though it was a year ago when he committed the crime, he just liked the feel of being hidden, for he was naturally a solitary man. But he overheard this talk of "help" the Jarl needed, and decided to join in on the fun. He silently walked over to the crowd, and startled the little girl by his sudden appearance. He still looked like a shadowy black apparition, but this time it was noticeable for there were no shadows to blend into. The shadowy black aura faded from him a couple seconds after the girl turned around, revealing an Argonian in a black hooded cloak. "Oh, I'm sorry, did I...scare you?" Jeroo said mischievously.

The Jarl gasped, holding his chest and said, "By the divines, I thought you were a Daedra! Don't use that creepy magic again or I'll lock you up!" the Jarl analyzed Jeroo for a moment, stroking his bearded chin with his fingers. He recognized Jeroo then his eyebrows arched down and an angry look formed on his face, "Hey, wait I know you!". Jeroo then reacted with haste, as the group was shocked at what they were seeing. "Oh really, Igmund? You know me? If i'm not mistaken, you only know your impression of me, from last year. For all you know I could've changed, or I could've been drunk at the time. By the way, I only pickpocketed 20 measly septims from you. Let it go." as Jeroo said the words "Let it go", a small shiny green spark flew across both of his eyes, the others thought it was the wind or something, but it actually was a stealthy hypnotic illusion spell to calm the Jarl's hostility.

"Well....I guess it can be overlooked...what do you want, my Argonian friend?" said the Jarl whilst hypnotized by the spell. Jeroo humbly answered his question, "I wish to join these people and help them, my skills will be useful for their mission. Do I have your permission, my Jarl?". The Jarl nodded and said yes. Jeroo-Shei looked at the group and asked, "And do I have all of your permission? My name is Jeroo-Shei by the way, pleased to meet you." Jeroo knew he made a sketchy appearance, but that's just the way he is. He waited for an answer from anyone in the group.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    "Hmm. We'll see." Lilumae spoke softly, offering the man a reassuring smile, though the act never reached her eyes. She didn't really believe him, didn't believe anyone who claimed she could use her magic openly. She had seen firsthand what that attempt had resulted in. People didn't like magic. They didn't like magic the way they didn't like intelligent little girls. But she couldn't help being smart, just like she couldn't help her uncanny gift. It was as much a part of her as her very skin. She couldn't change it or get rid of it even if she wanted to. In the end, it just made her more lonely to try, as it drove home the point of how utterly helpless she really was, of how completely alone she was.

Shaking her head, the girl pushed the thoughts aside and turned to glance at the group, finding herself face to face instead with an unfamiliar Argonian man. She gave a short gasp, the sharp intake of air followed by a tiny, high-pitched yelp. As usual, everyone was out to intimidate the child. She shouldn't be surprised by this anymore. With a soft exhale of breath, Lilumae shook her head. "Do as you wish, your will is your own."

Winter however, had turned back towards the group, her gaze landing squarely on the cloaked figure. She didn't need to look twice to know something was amiss. He wasn't like the others in the room, she could sense that. But what exactly the difference was, she wasn't entirely sure.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Jeroo looked down at the girl and asked, "Are you coming along with us?" he didn't have any shock in his voice, but was just curious because it obviously wasn't an every day sight. However, being alive for two eras, and practicing tons of Necromancy, he had seen anomalies way more strange than this. In fact, he himself was one of those stranger anomalies.

Derath_farseer

Einarr gave the newest member to the group with a mistrustful glance but didn't say any thing to hostile the last thing he needed was to anger another mercenary.
    "Might as well come with us. Names Einarr." With that he turned, towards winter. "When i wasn't here did any of you mention when we should be going? I have a few things I need to grab at my home before I set out." He glanced towards the door, he was feeling a bit antsy with the prospect of adventuring again and couldn't wait to head out.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    Lilumae held back a sigh. This was becoming quite the reoccurring question,
    "Yes, Sir. I am coming along, but do not worry, I can assure you I will be of no burden to any one here."
    Lilume watched Einarr as he turned towards Winter and asked his question.
    Winter shrugged a moment before replying "It wasn't specified, but judging by the general urgency, yesterday would have been the ideal time to leave. That being said, ASAP, will have to do."

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Jeroo nodded and said to Lilumae, "Ok, and I never said you would be, just asking is all. Trust me, I've seen plenty of things stranger than this." Jeroo looked over and noticed the look of distrust on Einarr's face, Jeroo did not care about how he was thought of, so he just ignored it. He knew that he would prove his trust to the group sooner or later.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts