Glitch Infinite Damage, Armor, and Enchantments Exploit

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

omac0101

I've tried this today and doesn't seem to work for me.

I'm on PS3 v1.2.28.0.4 I only have my Alchemy at 15 still so am wondering whether it really only does the job with the higher ratings.

Basically what happens is I do the first step on a gold ring to make the created potions more powerful. As I'm only lvl 15 Alch it's only made the potions 1% more powerful.

I make my fortify restoration potions which increase to 19%. Drink. Remove ring. Put ring back on.

Ring still at 1%. Go back to make another fortify restoration and that's still at 19%.
You definetly need the first 4-5 perks for your alchemy skill tree. That will make your potions 80-%100 stronger. Your alchemy skill does not have to be 100. The potions that you create will turn your alchemy skill 100. Enchant a leather helmet, necklace, ring and bracers with fortify alchemy with the biggest soul gems you have. This is where a 100 enchanting skill comes in handy but it is not required. The lower your skills the more restoration potions you need to make, just dont enchant them too high or you will go into minus numbers.

D0MIN0

Hmm..This isn't working for me as advertised.

I followed the instructions and here's how it went:

I first enchanted the circlet. 17% more powerful potions.
Then I made the potion, drank it and re-equipped my circlet. 24% more powerful potions.
Rinse and repeat. 33% more powerful potions.
Rinse and repeat. 34% more powerful potions.
Rinse and repeat. 30% more powerful potions.

What am I doing wrong? It goes up for like the first 3 tries, then stays the same or gets lower every time after that.

omac0101

Hmm..This isn't working for me as advertised.

I followed the instructions and here's how it went:

I first enchanted the circlet. 17% more powerful potions.
Then I made the potion, drank it and re-equipped my circlet. 24% more powerful potions.
Rinse and repeat. 34% more powerful potions.
Rinse and repeat. 30% more powerful potions.

What am I doing wrong? It goes up for like the first 3 tries, then stays the same or gets lower every time after that.
You should have the first 4 or 5 perks in your alchemy tree. They will make your potions stronger. Also, have more then just one item enchanted with alchemy. i usually wear leather bracers at 16%, leather helmet at 16%, ring at 16% and glod necklace 16%. Make potion, drink potion, remove apparel, re-equip apparel, repeat. I hope this helps. Other then that I'm not sure what the problem could be. I'm on the ps3 patch 1.4 and it works fine for me.

Wolfchant

You should have the first 4 or 5 perks in your alchemy tree. They will make your potions stronger. Also, have more then just one item enchanted with alchemy. i usually wear leather bracers at 16%, leather helmet at 16%, ring at 16% and glod necklace 16%. Make potion, drink potion, remove apparel, re-equip apparel, repeat. I hope this helps. Other then that I'm not sure what the problem could be. I'm on the ps3 patch 1.4 and it works fine for me.
in earlier posts it says to remove apparel before drinking the potion, figured id just point that out in case it's critical to this working

D0MIN0

I have the first 4 and the +25% to skill enchantments perks, and I've tried the removing armor first. Later I found out that the bonuses also go away when the potion wears off, regardless of how the armor is equipped or unequipped during the effect. I have an original version of the game and don't have xbox live, so maybe I just don't have the patch that glitched it:sadface:

omac0101

in earlier posts it says to remove apparel before drinking the potion, figured id just point that out in case it's critical to this working
You need to keep the fortify alchemy apparel on, drink the potion, remove your fortify alchemy gear and then immediately put it back on. The reason you need to be wearing it while you drink the potion is because the potion is what increases the enchantment % on your gear. You should be able to see how much your % goes up each time after you drink the potion. You then remove the gear to kind of "hold" the enchantment % where its at (while the restoration potion is still in effect) then put the gear back on to be able to stack the restoration potion effect. This is how I learned to do it and this is how it works for me every time.

omac0101

I have the first 4 and the +25% to skill enchantments perks, and I've tried the removing armor first. Later I found out that the bonuses also go away when the potion wears off, regardless of how the armor is equipped or unequipped during the effect. I have an original version of the game and don't have xbox live, so maybe I just don't have the patch that glitched it:sadface:
The bonuses definetly go away when the potion wears off so its crucial to have all the ingredients to make the fortify enchantments and fortify blacksmith potions while your restoration potion is still in effect. Hopefully its something you havent tried yet and not some retarted update you have to download. You definetly have to be wearing your fortify alchemy gear when drinking the potion. Keep trying and hopefully you'll get it.

omac0101

BTW, If it does end up working, the other advice I would have for you is when stacking the restoration potion, dont go to high because then you'll start going into negative numbers (for example -%82343208). If this happens every potion you make while the restoration potion is in effect will be extremly weak and have a low %. Make sure to save before you try ( which I'm sure you have). On the other hand. if your potions are extremely strong without a negative % number and you enchant something (fortify carry wieght for example) and it turns into a negative number, it will not be negative, rather it will be extremely high and you will be able to carry everything with no wieght limit. I hope I didnt just confuse the hell out of you. Reply back if you have any more questions or you need something explained a little better.

Wolfchant

You need to keep the fortify alchemy apparel on, drink the potion, remove your fortify alchemy gear and then immediately put it back on. The reason you need to be wearing it while you drink the potion is because the potion is what increases the enchantment % on your gear. You should be able to see how much your % goes up each time after you drink the potion. You then remove the gear to kind of "hold" the enchantment % where its at (while the restoration potion is still in effect) then put the gear back on to be able to stack the restoration potion effect. This is how I learned to do it and this is how it works for me every time.
oh ok that makes sense, i just figured id point it out though in case that was the way it worked, cause i saw in several posts that was how people were doing it

is there anyway to do this with no perks in alchemy?

I've tried it and my gear starts at 8% alchemy and i drink, unequip,reequip, brew, repeat and whatnot and it won't go any higher then 9%

I have 62 alchemy and 65 enchanting but i was hoping not to have to waste any perks on alchemy

is there a way? or am i just doing something wrong?

Get Sm0ked

Alea Iacta Est

I've tried it and my gear starts at 8% alchemy and i drink, unequip,reequip, brew, repeat and whatnot and it won't go any higher then 9%

I have 62 alchemy and 65 enchanting but i was hoping not to have to waste any perks on alchemy

The glicth dosent work anymore....... I just posted that b4 u posted that comment ffs

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
woops ty I didn't go to the last page before posting
It does still work. Some players have reported that it was not working for them after patch 1.6 but they were probably doing something wrong as other players have reported it is still working for them with the 1.6 patch.

Dagmar

What was the strength of you first Fortify Alchemy potion and what was the strength of your second one?

What was the strength of you first Fortify Alchemy potion and what was the strength of your second one?
I didn't make an alchemy potion i only had a ring hood and leather bracers of alchemy(maybe that's my problem)

but my first restoration potion was 23% and my second was 28% and then I didn't get any improvement after that on enchantments or potions

Dagmar

I didn't make an alchemy potion i only had a ring hood and leather bracers of alchemy(maybe that's my problem)

but my first restoration potion was 23% and my second was 28% and then I didn't get any improvement after that on enchantments or potions
Sorry I meant Fortify Restoration potions. When you say 8% and 9% Fortify Alchemy do you mean per piece or total for all three pieces?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts