In My Time of Need: Kematu or Saadia? (possible spoilers)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
The one thing I would say about this forum is that a high majority of people are able to express a view eloquently and with reason. A reasoned view, while not always agreeable, has to be respected for what it is. It's one of the reasons I come back here still. I'll be honest, I haven't played Skyrim for months, Elder Scrolls Online is my current fix of Tamriel, but the strength of this forum is the people in it and their views/comments.

There are a lot of forums I don't bother with anymore because of the childish drivel that is continually spouted.

But back on topic - if you are playing this as a role playing game - be guided by whatever personality and morals your character has.

Sah

*scratching her head*:confused:.......is he going or staying?o_O

the new member that got away:sadface:, had a very special initiation planed for him in the park:ashstab:.........Tar & Feathers!:p

the strange thing is that he will come back to this thread anonymously to admire his handwork:vomit:

Hello
NotStayingLong this one knows your watchingo_O

grabs a long poking stick:D.....ready:cool:....aimo_O....POKE!:eek:

Mithro'I

A reasoned view, while not always agreeable, has to be respected for what it is.

while pretty off-topic, I have to respectfully disagree with this :p

Someones view can be presented very well, and seemingly well-reasoned, but still be total bollocks. Just because someone put some effort into presenting their ridiculous ideas doesn't make them less ridiculous and worthy of anyones respect, imho.

Now carry on guys.

*goes looking for some popcorn*

ZeroDragon

Whether they are talking bollocks or not is an opinion of the reader which, if reasoned is a differing opinion. Just like ours. But at least it's not like some forums where a comment may be unsupported by reasoning and intelligence

At the end of the day I, and this is just my opinion, like the use of the English language and the fact that people on here are capable of stringing sentences together that make sense is reason for being here even if I disagree with what they are saying.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
Back on the original topic...

I don't know, Saadia always rubbed me and my characters the wrong way--Anna, quit your snickering, you too guys! You know who you are... :rolleyes:

I did try one time to side with her... Needless to say it left a sour taste in my mouth.

Ever since I've always done a glitch after getting Dawnguard. Y'know, when the two A'likir(sp?) first walk up to you in Whiterun? I just exit out of the conversation and they go back to their post at the front gate.

BOOM!

2 Free unkillable Vampire blockers. They cut them down pretty well.

They get a free job and Saadia gets to play "Mommy and Me" at the tavern with Hulda. Problem solved.

And Kamatu? Um... He's probably picking his nose and scratching his butt wondering what the heck is going on while playing tea party with his buds in red.

Mithro'I

Not all opinions are created equal, though. It kind of depends on the question at hand.
'who is your favourite character in Skyrim' - obviously opinion A and B might be different, but equally true for whoever holds them.

But many, many questions we talk about in every day life, online discussion forums and anywhere else, among them many questions that have objectively true answers one way or the other, still get treated as if every opinion about them is viable, when theyre not.
So, if someone presents their well crafted view on say, why creationism is true, or why the nazis were really the good guys, (just to pick some easy targets, but I do believe this holds true for many more things), nobody has to (or even should imho) respect that view.

The fact that something constitutes an opinion of some kind, and the fact that it might be somewhat coherent, does not (or maybe should not) grant the holder respect on its own, and I do indeed think its a problem we generally put too much value on it. 'Well thats x persons opinion and therefore somehow valid' - no its not, its bonkers.

sorry for the off topic rant :D

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
The more evil of my characters enjoy this quest, because they play both sides. :beermug:

Set up the confrontation at the stables, let Kematu paralyze Saadia, then kill him because his payment is insulting. Kill Saadia after she 'wakes up' and attacks.

My non evil characters can't be bothered with this quest.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
How did someone get so pissed off from a post made 3 years ago? I'm not even mad, that's impressive. Did it take 3 years to come up with a response?

On topic: I think I went to sell Saadia out and then changed my mind and kill Kematu anyway. Lot's of kills, good for skill. Also if you want to have a scimitar collection; that place is a farm.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
I don't recall if I ever responded to this thread with an actual response (barring the tornado quip), so might as well do it some justice now.

My "good" characters, with the except of my Redguard Alik'r spellsword: Support Saadia. The aforementioned Redguard character I have ends up betraying her after realizing that he must exterminate the Alik'r, which obviously is a big no-no for him.
My "neutral" characters: Do whatever is most convenient for them.
My "evil" characters: Ignore the quest entirely.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
The aforementioned Redguard character I have ends up betraying her after realizing that he must exterminate the Alik'r, which obviously is a big no-no for him.
Pah! My Alik'r character killed the assassins and then eloped with Saadia. They ran off into the sunset together.
Priorities, man!

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
The aforementioned Redguard character I have ends up betraying her after realizing that he must exterminate the Alik'r, which obviously is a big no-no for him.
Pah! My Alik'r character killed the assassins and then eloped with Saadia. They ran off into the sunset together.
Priorities, man!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NotStayingLong

uhh.

"Don't let one person get to you, this is really great community."

Community: Hey new guy, fluff you and your opinion. But stay. But you suck.

I was searching for info on Namira's insane ring requirements, and stumbled back into a giant ball of 'you suck, new guy!"

I stand by what I said, and the responses here are a testament to my accuracy. I have to say I got a chuckle out of the 'like, omg, I didn't even read that, but you said 'XXX' and you suck' post.

Sorry guys, I'm not good enough to stay. I have an opinion of my own and refuse to be a sycophant, or fall for the 'worship the hot chick' routine.

Some real assholes, here. I had a bad day. I took it out on the worst aspect of any forum. The overall response here, combined with it taking a week to type (bloated much?), and the 'it's a great community but fluff you' bit aren't my style.

Have your way replying; no, I won't be back. I'd rather be an independent jerk ONCE and get flogged than tuck my tail and swallow the B.S. I made obvious *yet was completely dodged in the communal 'piss off noob' crap.

Yes, whoever actually posted in regard to my post, 'femnazi'. You fit the description well enough to know what it is.

And seriously, how bloated is his place? Typing over 10 WPM causes lag?? Eh, w/e.

To the mod being nice-stop being nice and agreeing with EVERYONE. Think about it. MAN I'm wasting my time. Off to not eat corpses for a pathetic ring.

NotStayingLong

Wait, you know what? Screw that.

I made a formal and genuine apology; hell, I even meant it, and felt bad for being hostile.

THEN the community decides that's not enough and blows the plops even farther out of proportion?

Screw you guys, you're assholes. Have fun in your sordid little faniverse stroking each others' bland, uncreative attempts at ...

ugh. Seriously, you guys are plops. Mod, delete this account. I don't want any more of this inane garbage filling my email inbox. I was mean (though my point was valid, and you fluffing know it.), apologized, THOUGHT amends were made, and still have a bunch of witless children pounding on my door?

I want to forget this place ASAP. cut ties with my email, moderator. I deal with enough moronic children IRL.

ZeroDragon

It's a game, admittedly a role playing game, but it's still a game.

Any comments should remain within the context of the game. If people want to be personally abusive - fine - just go do it elsewhere, in private. Or in a thread entitled "<Name of Person you are about to abuse> I really don't like you"

Anyway - I believe the thread was about the quest In My Time Of Need and was started in November 14. So DenverRalphy - what did you do ?

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Wait, you know what? Screw that.

I made a formal and genuine apology; hell, I even meant it, and felt bad for being hostile.

THEN the community decides that's not enough and blows the pl*** even farther out of proportion?

Screw you guys, you're assholes. Have fun in your sordid little faniverse stroking each others' bland, uncreative attempts at ...

ugh. Seriously, you guys are pl***. Mod, delete this account. I don't want any more of this inane garbage filling my email inbox. I was mean (though my point was valid, and you fluffing know it.), apologized, THOUGHT amends were made, and still have a bunch of witless children pounding on my door?

I want to forget this place ASAP. cut ties with my email, moderator. I deal with enough moronic children IRL.
Formal apology? I honestly must've missed that... perhaps it was lodged amidst one of two malicious, long-winded dissertations attacking forum members long departed. Or perhaps it is present within subsequent posts attacking current forum members, hidden like a geode awaiting the glorious light of day, crying out: Love me, oh shinning sun! Love me and embrace me and understand me for the poor, complex being that I am! And fu'uhk you all the same because I don't really want to be here but I do... I do.

I for one, am all for new members. Attacks aren't the best way to make friends, I'm afraid. If you're reading this notstayinglong, know that we'd be a poor excuse for a community to welcome such with open arms. If that's the sort of place you seek, you've come to the wrong place. It's not too late; retract your claws, simmer down and speak rationally and without malace, and bring some good ale, and all will be well. Bring ale either way.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
Man. My day turned from scary (don't ask) into something like.... "What...?"

Considering that your name is NotStayingLong, I think a person with average intelligence knew this wasn't going to end well.

Nevertheless, I hope whatever is bugging you goes away. It's not fun to be angry and worked up. And for the record, from all the forums for games I've been to, this one is one of the friendliest. I'm sorry you had a terrible experience, but hey, stuff happens. I wish you the best of luck. Find some thing you enjoy doing in your life and relax.

Ciao!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts