In My Time of Need: Kematu or Saadia? (possible spoilers)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I chose Kematu because he seemed legit. Saadia seemed like a liar to me, plus the first time I played that mission, I chose Saadia and got completely annihilated by Kematu and his crew (of course, I was level crap at the time...)

Wicka waaah!!

NotStayingLong

Though I was pissed not being able to know who was right or who was wrong in the whole situation, I can't help but feel Saadia or Iman or whatever she goes by is lying. First off, her scars. If all she really did was speak out against the Thalmor, how in the world is her face banged up like that if all she is is a public speaker?
"Hello, Im a Thalmor Justiciar, you must be new around here to think you can say things like that about the Aldmeri Dominion. Let me introduce your face to my sword..."

I think this has to be the weakest reason I have ever heard anyone present for thinking that Saadia's lying to you. Notwithstanding that Kematu's story makes absolutely no sense because Taneth fell to the Thalmor when Saadia was either an infant or a toddler, if you completely ignore what may possibly be the largest lore f***fup by the developers in the game and pretend that Saadia and Kematu traveled to Skyrim via a time wormhole from Hammerfell circa 4E 171, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to deduce that the Thalmor don't tolerate open dissent in the territories controlled by the Aldmeri Dominion. If you choose not to ignore the lore then Kematu's claims become absurd.

Speaking of absurd.

OH MY GOD I can't take you anymore.

We get it. Your picture is reasonably attractive and so is your location. Both of which I would doubt if you weren't being such a femnazi.

I really don't care if I'm banned or not for speaking my mind, but your take on this is appalling. You attack any post against Saadia, logical or not, as if you're saving the women of the world.

WE GET IT. You're a 'grrl' and play video games. Hnngh so hawt here's 800 points! Adam was right, you were wrong.

Saadia could have EASILY disrupted the military at 5. I'm sorry you were still twirling your hair and learning to use your looks to get what you want at that age, but that doesn't mean OTHERS haven't ruled NATIONS at that age. Read much?

You simply can't seem to handle being both wrong AND told how so. Your crass insults and terrible logic are rewarded for typical gamer nerd reasons, I've read enough.

I wanted to join this forum, but it's clear how things are here. EVEN IF that avvy pic is real, you're not impressing me.

First, it's a freakin video game, okay? You're not sheltering abused women.

Second, again, Adam plainly explained the obvious and you retort with inane garble, but jump to attack the poster above when you see an opening combined with another excuse to play She-ra.

Get OVER it. Saadia is a lying wh0re, lies and pulls a knife on you after inviting you into a private room. THERE, she asks you to take on the assassins when she's clearly safe.

YOU are the reason I'm going to move along, because I'm sick of both A: Guys using girl's names with 'meh' good looks to curry favor with baseless logic (no, I can't prove it, and you likely are the femnazi I suspect)...and B: girls who turn video game OPINON topics into crusades for the poor defenseless women. You probably hit your bf and call the police on him for being violent. I can tell.

Yes, I'm being a jerk, but you've been one for a few years now, and it's been ignored because too many gamerbois believe you'd give them the time of day because you play the same video games, and you USE THIS to your advantage, and KEEP doing it.

Despite my insanely toxic post, which is completely the opposite of who I generally am, I would have loved joining a place like this.

I can't, though, with this ridiculous paradigm still breaking the otherwise good form of this place. The one people like YOU feed on to survive, and sustain illusions for digital validation.

No one else tells you these things, but you need to hear them (obviously), and unless this was deleted (I know far too many female mods both IRL and online), you and everyone reading this knows I'm right.

I came here simply to see the different views on the topic, and you simply CAN'T let go of the fact you're wrong.

I'm too angry to even weigh in on the topic, but I will, because I know your type, and if this isn't deleted by one of your delusional male mod victims of digital hypnosis, you'll find ANY way you can to get it removed. Because again, you know I'm right.

THAT said, I can't remember now who posted it, but the answer is DAMN simple:

They're BOTH lying, and there's a good (not by standards, by logic) reason. There's more to the story. Yes, there are sometimes plot holes in the game, but not here, in the topic creating one of the bigger debates on the game. It's meant to add mystery, and cultivate imaginative reasoning.

The SAME recipe Tool uses in their song writing. So the player gets a chance to push the creative envelope.

Not march downtown with picket signs fighting for women's rights in a world meant to serve them. That would be the real one I speak of, not Skyrim.

I'm not apologizing. I feel this way and simply could no longer enjoy the damn topic because of everything above I said.

It's sickening. You're the girl who got into gaming to appoint herself the 'holy grail' of gamerboi nerddom. And NO ONE calls you on it. Conviction runs in short supply here, where fake blonde hair and 'mysterious' locations cause the weak willed to change their entire view, and cause the ...others?...to simply keep quiet for fear of the horny loser boys rallying against them to 'keep the hot chick here'.

I'm all too aware of the 'I'm really a hot chick' stunt many sociopaths and dorks use to maintain an illusory fanbase.

But that isn't you. You're a total feminazi, and you've completely ruined a potentionally badass discussion forum because you know you can. And no one seems to care and/or notice.

rant over. TL;DR? You have issues, and use your looks (eh.) to take them out in an otherwise great place.

Delete my post if you must, mods. I think I'm within reason to finally say something that no one else seems to have the balls to.

And I most certainly am on topic. Saadia is a deceitful, wretched woman using her looks to poison an otherwise sound place of gathering. And don't you DARE say 'she's just being a waitress.'

There are armed men trying to break into a city to kill her. Put an ugly man in her position, and all you'll hear is "Spare me a septim?"

Oh, and while I'm here, user with the Luigi avatar-you are hilarious, don't listen to otherwise. Kudos for not embarrassing the hell out of that guy for calling you stupid by mocking the education system after your fifty shades of grey joke. That was hardcore classy of you. People like you make me want to stay, but as you have read (if it wasn't deleted for obvious/sad reasons), I can't stand places that abide attitudes and mentality like Dagmar's and it for sad, sad reasons.

Or maybe I'm wrong, and Skyrim was terribly written, and this girl is right. OR, she doesn't see the obvious fact that SHE DOESN'T get the story. Damn, like every other post of hers. And most of you lap it up like sycophants.

NOW I'm done.. Sorry for being a jerk in my first post, but NO ONE is saying ANYTHING about this (that I've seen), and it's OBVIOUS.

Also the bane of any worthwhile forum.
If I don't see this post here when I check in a day or so, well, I'll know this place is worse than Reddit.

I can promise I'm normally cordial to the bone, and hell, usually just lurk, but this...I'm sorry, someone HAD to say something.

NotStayingLong

"Hello, Im a Thalmor Justiciar, you must be new around here to think you can say things like that about the Aldmeri Dominion. Let me introduce your face to my sword..."

I think this has to be the weakest reason I have ever heard anyone present for thinking that Saadia's lying to you. Notwithstanding that Kematu's story makes absolutely no sense because Taneth fell to the Thalmor when Saadia was either an infant or a toddler, if you completely ignore what may possibly be the largest lore f***fup by the developers in the game and pretend that Saadia and Kematu traveled to Skyrim via a time wormhole from Hammerfell circa 4E 171, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to deduce that the Thalmor don't tolerate open dissent in the territories controlled by the Aldmeri Dominion. If you choose not to ignore the lore then Kematu's claims become absurd.

Well then, I'm sorry the opinion wasn't so "lore-bound" to your liking. Your obviously correct on the matter, but talking down to someone's opinion who may, oh I don't know... not be with familiar with that bit of information isn't exactly the way of going about it. Maybe instead of "Your reasoning is weak", perhaps a "Well, did you know that..." would have sufficed. But still, thank you for educating me on that.
It's not you..It's her. And it's gone on long enough.
Don't baby the self-centered, femnazi, and arrogant princess.

Your post was just fine.. She doesn't understand history-that some have CONQUERED nations at the age she purports Saadia was at during this time.

OR that even empires like the Dominion aren't gods.

OR that Kematu and Saadia are liars.

NotStayingLong

Right, Nocte, because you had time to read and understand that in time to form that opinion.

Come to think of it, you're first in line to fit the description of why this place has issues. Seriously.

I called her on something obvious, that I believe, and you're here ready to play the knight in shining armor before actually having time to comprehend (let alone READ) the post.

Typical sycophant. I'm out...

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Right, Nocte, because you had time to read and understand that in time to form that opinion.

Come to think of it, you're first in line to fit the description of why this place has issues. Seriously.

I called her on something obvious, that I believe, and you're here ready to play the knight in shining armor before actually having time to comprehend (let alone READ) the post.

@NotStayingLong
While this, particular thread does seem to have taken a rather toxic turn, please don't judge the entire community by this one thread.

Frankly (and look at how long and how many posts I've written), it is certainly one of the better forums.

Unfortunately, as I belong to a number of different forum groups on a number of games, the sort of flaming and trolling that is represented in this thread tends to be the norm.

This forum is full of knowledgeable and friendly folks that, in general agreeable.

We occasionally do get someone who comes in here just stirring the pot (and it's usually me!), but, they are pretty quickly shunned.

Most of us are mature enough to realize that it's only a game and not a soapbox to push our own individual beliefs.

As to the supposition that the whole "In My Time of Need" thing is an anti-feminist or pro-feminist choice, IMHO, it's just a choice that you make spur of the moment and doesn't really mean anything.

On another note: I have noticed on most forums that there has been an uptick in the PC crowd that insists that ALL games must be pro-feminist, or pro-LGBT or pro-this or pro-that and never, ever show anything or do anything that might offend anyone and must ALL be totally inclusive of every single thing.

It's a fad. IMHO - videogames, like most fiction, are a reflection of the imagination of their creator(s), nothing more. We have to look at things contextually. Time settings, time periods, social norms for time periods, political atmospheres, etc., etc., etc. Not everything that happens is going to meet with everybody's satisfaction. It's just the way it is.

Personally, I am offended by games like Metal Gear and Black Ops, etc. I hate guns and do not take joy in blowing up entire populations and wholesale slaughter, but, to each his own.

They are just games.

As a wise man once said: "You will never change someone else's opinion by requiring them to agree with yours."

NotStayingLong

@NotStayingLong
While this, particular thread does seem to have taken a rather toxic turn, please don't judge the entire community by this one thread.

Frankly (and look at how long and how many posts I've written), it is certainly one of the better forums.

Unfortunately, as I belong to a number of different forum groups on a number of games, the sort of flaming and trolling that is represented in this thread tends to be the norm.

This forum is full of knowledgeable and friendly folks that, in general agreeable.

We occasionally do get someone who comes in here just stirring the pot (and it's usually me!), but, they are pretty quickly shunned.

Most of us are mature enough to realize that it's only a game and not a soapbox to push our own individual beliefs.

As to the supposition that the whole "In My Time of Need" thing is an anti-feminist or pro-feminist choice, IMHO, it's just a choice that you make spur of the moment and doesn't really mean anything.

On another note: I have noticed on most forums that there has been an uptick in the PC crowd that insists that ALL games must be pro-feminist, or pro-LGBT or pro-this or pro-that and never, ever show anything or do anything that might offend anyone and must ALL be totally inclusive of every single thing.

It's a fad. IMHO - videogames, like most fiction, are a reflection of the imagination of their creator(s), nothing more. We have to look at things contextually. Time settings, time periods, social norms for time periods, political atmospheres, etc., etc., etc. Not everything that happens is going to meet with everybody's satisfaction. It's just the way it is.

Personally, I am offended by games like Metal Gear and Black Ops, etc. I hate guns and do not take joy in blowing up entire populations and wholesale slaughter, but, to each his own.

They are just games.

As a wise man once said: "You will never change someone else's opinion by requiring them to agree with yours."

I can't deny I rolled up my sleeves a little tighter than I should have for that.

I'm just sick of it. I was looking for good discussion on a topic that breeds myriad creative possibilities, and starting seeing what you mentioned yourself.

To my chagrin, I myself become a part of what I hate by being so explosive about it.

I stand by my point of view, but realize I'm not going to be changing a paradigm born days after the internet, itself.

Your quote was wise, indeed, yet I feel compared to share one that came to mind: "If you want to see change, be the change."

I'm paraphrasing Ghandi, but the gist is clear.

But you're absolutely right. I can't expect an entire community to digest, understand and agree with my post.

Further, I DID go on about it longer than needed.

Back on topic, I found that particular quest a wellspring of ideas, and with it being (IMO) obvious that both parties are lying, there are so many possibilities.

So I'm not misunderstood, however, I'm not claiming the quest itself to harbor such an agenda. The poster I replied to continued to relentlessly turn it into something obviously personal, and it turned what I hoped to be a fun conversation into what I'm trying to avoid on the internet.

Still, that's one person. And as for someone coming along and 'stirring the pot', I confess, it is me this time around.

I do understand your message about messages in games, but again, I'm not referring to the game itself. Well, IMO Saadia was a manipulative woman. But that's not who I was calling out.

I tried to be clear about who I was referring to, and my aggravation for the tolerance of this behavior for obvious reasons.

It just gets old. I took care of that crap in high school, put a stop to it in college, and STILL face it on a simple gaming forum.

My explosive and aggravated response was harsh, though.

I apologize for extending the circle of toxicity-tenfold, at that.

I appreciate your professional candor. I guess the fact that no one seemed to notice or call her out on this got to me.

However, I was out of line, and out of my element, this being a new forum to me.

On that note, best wishes, and I hope I've made clear that I myself have no vested interest in any agendas based on the game itself.

Best wishes. I know the game is old to most now, so I realize not much in the way of discussing it probably takes place, but I'll ensure I retain my lurking position and refrain from further stressing a point I (thought I) made clear.

Take care, and again I appreciate your hospitable manner of addressing this.

Daelon DuLac

@NotStayingLong

They are just games.

I can't deny I rolled up my sleeves a little tighter than I should have for that.

I'm just sick of it. I was looking for good discussion on a topic that breeds myriad creative possibilities, and starting seeing what you mentioned yourself.

To my chagrin, I myself become a part of what I hate by being so explosive about it.

I stand by my point of view, but realize I'm not going to be changing a paradigm born days after the internet, itself.

Your quote was wise, indeed, yet I feel compared to share one that came to mind: "If you want to see change, be the change."

I'm paraphrasing Ghandi, but the gist is clear.

But you're absolutely right. I can't expect an entire community to digest, understand and agree with my post.

Further, I DID go on about it longer than needed.

Back on topic, I found that particular quest a wellspring of ideas, and with it being (IMO) obvious that both parties are lying, there are so many possibilities.

So I'm not misunderstood, however, I'm not claiming the quest itself to harbor such an agenda. The poster I replied to continued to relentlessly turn it into something obviously personal, and it turned what I hoped to be a fun conversation into what I'm trying to avoid on the internet.

Still, that's one person. And as for someone coming along and 'stirring the pot', I confess, it is me this time around.

I do understand your message about messages in games, but again, I'm not referring to the game itself. Well, IMO Saadia was a manipulative woman. But that's not who I was calling out.

I tried to be clear about who I was referring to, and my aggravation for the tolerance of this behavior for obvious reasons.

It just gets old. I took care of that crap in high school, put a stop to it in college, and STILL face it on a simple gaming forum.

My explosive and aggravated response was harsh, though.

I apologize for extending the circle of toxicity-tenfold, at that.

I appreciate your professional candor. I guess the fact that no one seemed to notice or call her out on this got to me.

However, I was out of line, and out of my element, this being a new forum to me.

On that note, best wishes, and I hope I've made clear that I myself have no vested interest in any agendas based on the game itself.

Best wishes. I know the game is old to most now, so I realize not much in the way of discussing it probably takes place, but I'll ensure I retain my lurking position and refrain from further stressing a point I (thought I) made clear.

Take care, and again I appreciate your hospitable manner of addressing this.
I completely understand.

But I welcome you to the forum.

A good diatribe is not only cathartic, but it's a lot of fun to read too!

If you want to stick around, feel free.

We've all had our days of "over-the-top" reactions to things. With as many posts as I've done, I can certainly attest to that.

Daelon DuLac

How absurd.

Have your opinion, but don't come on here with 20 paragraph long rants because you don't like something that was posted years ago.
You're right. That should be reserved for the FAQ forums. :)

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Oh, and while I'm here, user with the Luigi avatar-you are hilarious, don't listen to otherwise. Kudos for not embarrassing the hell out of that guy for calling you stupid by mocking the education system after your fifty shades of grey joke. That was hardcore classy of you. People like you make me want to stay, but as you have read (if it wasn't deleted for obvious/sad reasons), I can't stand places that abide attitudes and mentality like Dagmar's and it for sad, sad reasons.
Funnily enough, I consider Dagmar a friend. I don't agree with everything she says, sure, but what people will ever agree 100% of the time?
Of course, I'm just saying that because she's from Antarctica and everyone knows that Antarctica has the sexiest women alive.

Also the bane of any worthwhile forum.
If I don't see this post here when I check in a day or so, well, I'll know this place is worse than Reddit.
I don't know, man, your post suggests that you might get along well with the folks at /r/TheRedPill.

If you're blowing up entire populations and committing wholesale slaughter in Metal Gear, I'm pretty sure you're doing it wrong.

Lucid

How absurd.

Have your opinion, but don't come on here with 20 paragraph long rants because you don't like something that was posted years ago.

I was thinking the same thing, the last post before that diatribe is a year and a half old,

Lucid

Thread necromancy is one thing, but angry necromancy (would be a great hardcore band name btw) is something else. Why get worked up over year old posts? Aren't there enough current things in life to be outraged over ;)

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America

Well then, I'm sorry the opinion wasn't so "lore-bound" to your liking. Your obviously correct on the matter, but talking down to someone's opinion who may, oh I don't know... not be with familiar with that bit of information isn't exactly the way of going about it. Maybe instead of "Your reasoning is weak", perhaps a "Well, did you know that..." would have sufficed. But still, thank you for educating me on that.

Your post was just fine.. She doesn't understand history-that some have CONQUERED nations at the age she purports Saadia was at during this time.

I appreciate the sentiment, man ;) But I will admit I was rather fresh into Skyrim when I made the post. I'll also admit Dag's responses came off as being quite toxic, and did get me worked up, but it didn't really have an effect on whether I decided to stay.

I called her out on it back then, and it's been fine since. Hopefully a bad apple or two doesn't affect your decision on staying. I know I've made quite a few friends here, and this really is a great community, better than most I've been a part of :D

Daelon DuLac

I appreciate the sentiment, man ;) But I will admit I was rather fresh into Skyrim when I made the post. I'll also admit Dag's responses came off as being quite toxic, and did get me worked up, but it didn't really have an effect on whether I decided to stay.

I called her out on it back then, and it's been fine since. Hopefully a bad apple or two doesn't affect your decision on staying. I know I've made quite a few friends here, and this really is a great community, better than most I've been a part of :D
Hey, it's Dag. We've known her a long time and she's awesome. Give her a chance. Sure she can be opinionated and we don't agree with her, but, when it comes to knowledge of the game, there are few better.
I'm sure she didn't mean to come off so toxic.

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America

Hey, it's Dag. We've known her a long time and she's awesome. Give her a chance. Sure she can be opinionated and we don't agree with her, but, when it comes to knowledge of the game, there are few better.
I'm sure she didn't mean to come off so toxic.

Oh, I know. By "It was settled", I simply mean there's no bad blood :) She was definitely more knowledgeable than me on the lore at the time (and probably still is xD). And hell, we're all opinionated in someway, I just took a bit more offense to it cause I was so new to the site back then. Basically, all is well, bygones are bygones ;)

Reactions: Sah

Erth2Karin

Speaking of absurd.

We get it. Your picture is reasonably attractive and so is your location. Both of which I would doubt if you weren't being such a femnazi.

etc, etc, etc ad nauseam...

At least three posts worth of nauseam, before I stopped scrolling - talk about tl;dr. 0_o
Somebody speaks her opinion based on lore, and your response is an interminable rant about feminazis (scuse me - at least *three* rants about feminazis) - stop listening to Limbaugh while you play video games, unless you want to go back to Call of Duty.
(PLEASE go back to CoD...)

Last edited:

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion
Speaking of absurd.

etc, etc, etc ad nauseam...

At least three posts worth of nauseam, before I stopped scrolling - talk about tl;dr. 0_o
Somebody speaks her opinion based on lore, and your response is an interminable rant about feminazis - stop listening to Limbaugh while you play video games, unless you want to go back to Call of Duty.
(PLEASE go back to CoD...)
Or you can just stop promoting further violence. :)

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
The heck did I just read...?

Nevermind, I don't want to know.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts