Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
No. Because you're defending their points and are not countering their argument(s)... I'd say that's pretty friendly and is an expression of common interest...
Ignore the words of the example, but know the spirit of the example. Understand?

No. I can go back and look at ALL the Approvals, Likes and Spare Pocket Change you've thrown into the Stormcloak's pot. Which of course, is your right to do.

Look, are you or are you not a Stormcloak, same as these other Stormcloaks on this forum? I personally don't care but if you're not a Stormcloak, then why fight alongside them?

Are you trying to say your argument is somehow fundamentally different? Think about this... rem what Galmar said, "If he's not with us, then he's against us."

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
ROFLMAO! That has got to be the most funniest post as of yet.

Jarl Balgruuf has snotty children who goes around insulting the dragonborn, and Jarl Balgruuf doesn't do a damn thing but slouch on his throne like if hes some blonde headed Nordic god. The only administrator he does is to count how many crates full of Imperial coin he can get from the Empire.

Oh and you as a Empire lover and supporter should be outrage at this Jarl. Why do you support this sleazy man so much when hes clearly using you Imperial for his own personal gain?

Balgruuf: "My men are fearless. It's the Imperial milk drinkers I'm worried about."
Quentin: "If you prefer I took my men and left..."
Balgruuf: "No. Of course not. Just - don't let me down Cipius. We'll need to set up water brigades to combat the flames."
Quentin: "Already taken care of."
Balgruuf: "You Imperials are efficient, I'll give you that. How long until they arrive?"

You ain't wrong about THIS subject. Maybe I'm not such an "Imperial Lover" after all? (I never really said I was)

I'm actually a "Whiterun / Jarl B" admirer. This, however most certainly does not mean I'm ashamed of the Empire, just of the Emperor.

I like his style. Sometime later on I'll cover that but na tonight. He reminds me of Mr House and Yes Man!

As a Stormcloak supporter Balgruuf forces me to defend the Imperial legion with his little milk drinker comment. Balgruuf is a sleazy bastard who uses people for his own personal gain, like I said. I started to despise him after seeing that comment coming out from his mouth, especially when hes right near a Legate! The Imperials that hes insulting are dying in his hold to defend his city from the Stormcloaks. You would think that he would be grateful for their assistance, not to be insulting them by calling them milk drinkers. Such utter disrespect!

You as an imperial Legion/Empire supporter should be disgusted by his comments. I'm not even an Empire supporter and it disgusted me to sky heaven.

Yes. I understand that. But... step back and take it all in... look at the big picture with Whiterun... see how Jarl B gives his hold freedom of Speech and Religion... you're right he is a sleazy little man... however he takes care of his own FIRST. He stand up to all the "bullies" for the rights of his people.

I, can admire that and indeed I do. Greatly. If Jarl B thinks the Empire's alright... then I'm kool with that. If he says Ulfric is a jack wagon, then I'll go grab my gat.

Vatonage

Joyeuse et Glorieuse
No. I can go back and look at ALL the Approvals, Likes and Spare Pocket Change you've thrown into the Stormcloak's pot. Which of course, is your right to do.

Look, are you or are you not a Stormcloak, same as these other Stormcloaks on this forum? I personally don't care but if you're not a Stormcloak, then why fight alongside them?

Are you trying to say your argument is somehow fundamentally different? Think about this... rem what Galmar said, "If he's not with us, then he's against us."

Why wouldn't I throw my pocket change to the Stormcloaks? As you can clearly see......

IM A THALMOR! What a twist!

Nah, just a loyal Stormcloak, legate. You're surrounded by my brethren!

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Yes. I understand that. But... step back and take it all in... look at the big picture with Whiterun... see how Jarl B gives his hold freedom of Speech and Religion... you're right he is a sleazy little man... however he takes care of his own FIRST. He stand up to all the "bullies" for the rights of his people.

I, can admire that and indeed I do. Greatly. If Jarl B thinks the Empire's alright... then I'm kool with that. If he says Ulfric is a jack wagon, then I'll go grab my gat.

Not after Imperial victory he doesn't. Heimskr goes to jail.

J

Jeremius

But it is not really Jarl B that puts him there, but the Empire.

Raijin

can you clarify that it was the Empire that sent him to Jail, and not the Jarl?

J

Jeremius

can you clarify that it was the Empire that sent him to Jail, and not the Jarl?

It is the law that sends people to jail, not the people. The Imperial law is what sends Heimskr to prison for Talos ban, The Jarl cannot break imperial law.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate

Heimskr put himself in jail. Now... mind you, Heimskr and the Grey Manes were absent from the walls when Whiterun and it's *people* were under seige.

I have no use for that man no matter whose side he's on. Let him stay in jail and cool his heels off and hopefully he will find a job somewhere afterwards and start actually contributing to society.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate

Heh.

"Freedom of speech, guise! lolnope the Imperials are here, hope you worshipped Talos while ya could."

In fairness, if Ulfric had never threatened Whiterun, there never would have been a problem. Empire didn't force itself on Whiterun.

As for Heimskr, the Jarl himself probably asked Heimskr to cease his hating on the Empire and the hate was so strong the guard just picked him up and put him in a patted room for his own good. At least until the drama cools down.

Raijin

Heimskr put himself in jail. Now... mind you, Heimskr and the Grey Manes were absent from the walls when Whiterun and it's *people* were under seige.

I have no use for that man no matter whose side he's on. Let him stay in jail and cool his heels off and hopefully he will find a job somewhere afterwards and start actually contributing to society.

Same could be said to the Dunmers from Windhelm. Perhaps Ulfric should arrest them all and let them cool off in prison for a while.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate

Same could be said to the Dunmers from Windhelm. Perhaps Ulfric should arrest them all and let them cool off in prison for a while.

Hey the Nazis did the same thing btw, rounded up people cause of their heritage. Heimskr would be causing Civil Unrest in the city as soon as the Imperials took one foot inside the gate. I'm not saying them incarcerating him is right, however the only for hope for Whiterun is to make the Alliance work.

And both sides have to give up some things. The Dark Elves have shown a desire to work with Ulfric (Olive Branch Petition) and he refused them. Ulfric refuses to meet with the or ack their plight, so the Dunmer sit in silence with no voice. This is a huge difference from a Nord protestor hurting moral in the middle of a war. Unlike the Dark Elves, they can't just ignore Heimskr.

Raijin

Hey the Nazis did the same thing btw, rounded up people cause of their heritage. Heimskr would be causing Civil Unrest in the city as soon as the Imperials took one foot inside the gate. I'm not saying them incarcerating him is right, however the only for hope for Whiterun is to make the Alliance work.

And both sides have to give up some things. The Dark Elves have shown a desire to work with Ulfric, it's not them. Ulfric refuses to meet with the or ack their plight. This is a huge difference from a bunch of protestors hurting moral in the middle of a war. Unlike the Dark Elves, they can't just ignore Heimskr.

So now you compare Ulfric to the nazis? Really good work in the comparisons :)

The Dunmers (of Windhelm) are almost at that level of causing a civil unrest in the city because they're too impatient to wait, and aren't very sympathetic to Ulfric's cause. They put their own priorities and needs first over the big picture.... All of Skyrim.

How can you ignore something like this?

Maybe if the Thalmor (by the order of the Aldmeri Dominion ) started a hunting party to slay all of the Dunmers in all of tamriel because they do not fit the blood Purity of the master race that they desire, and hunt them down because they worship a daedric prince then perhaps they would feel a bit more sympathetic to what Ulfric is doing, and fighting for.

J

Jeremius

And both sides have to give up some things. The Dark Elves have shown a desire to work with Ulfric, it's not them. Ulfric refuses to meet with the or ack their plight. This is a huge difference from a bunch of protestors hurting moral in the middle of a war. Unlike the Dark Elves, they can't just ignore Heimskr.

So now you compare Ulfric to the nazis? Really good work in the comparisons :)

The Dunmers (of Windhelm) are almost at that level of causing a civil unrest in the city because they're too impatient to wait, and aren't very sympathetic to Ulfric's cause. They put their own priorities and needs first over the big picture.... All of Skyrim.

How can you ignore something like this?

Maybe if the Thalmor (by the order of the Aldmeri Dominion ) started a hunting party to slay all of the Dunmers in all of tamriel because they do not fit the blood Purity of the master race that they desire, and hunt them down because they worship a daedric prince then perhaps they would feel a bit more sympathetic to what Ulfric is doing, and fighting for.

Maybe, but Perhaps they would also hate the Stormcloaks even more for bellyaching and discriminating against them just because they do not fight for Talos.

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
And why don't they pick up and work at a mill that takes time to get to? Why don't they make their own power and actually become slaves to the Nords doing the Nords' will because they live in their city? Why don't they fight for Skyrim when the rebellion has nothing for them as they do not worship Talos like ALL true citzens of Skyrim do? /sarcasm

Is that it Raijin? Because the Dunmer are not Nord, they do not deserve an actual promise or something? Their complaints are not legitimate because they are not worshipers of a god they do not care about?

600px-SR-npc-Belyn_Hlaalu.jpg

"The best way for us to win the Nords' respect is through hard work."

"Too many dark elves in Windhelm complain about the way we're treated. What good does complaining do?"

"I'm proud of my farm. It takes no small effort to grow crops in this part of Skyrim."

There is at least 1 decent Dunmer living in Windhelm.

And how can they earn respect when ALL the jobs are taken and they can't find any outside of their rundown ghetto?

"All the jobs" aren't taken. Its a matter of Pride. If they wanted to earn the respect of the Nords they could work for the Cruel-Seas or the Shatter-Shields, That'd certainly give them a bit more leverage, but no, they refuse. Because they're too stubborn and too proud to understand that they're the foreigners for once. If you went to Morrowind you wouldn't be able to go five seconds without being called a "N'wah" or "Outlander" Even if you were a Dunmer from a different country you'd still be considered one. It's Hard to believe people take pity for Slave Owners and Bigots when they'd do the same to you if you were in their country. Ever heard of the "Foreigners Canton" in Vivec. Yeah, No one gave a f*** then when there were Argonians, Nords, Khajiit and Orcs in segregation but when the Dunmer get a taste of their own medicine its all pitchforks and torches and down with Ulfric. Real fair examination guys.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I don't remember this particular scene you're discussing here. I always follow Ralof and I was never in the position where it was necessary to kill these 2 Stormcloaks whom you're bringing up. I don't recall ever seeing a Stormcloak torturing an Imperial solider. On the other hand you brought up the quote of where Hadvar said "These bastards call themselves Imperial Legionnaires..." and you clearly ignored my comment about Hadvar's lack of loyalty to the Legion by not doing a damn thing, and brought up some lame excuse to try to debunk what I originally said.

Like I said before, and I will c/p what I wrote on my previous thread...

I'm glad you've mention that scenario with Hadvar because his lack of action causing the death of his fellow comrades was on the borderline of treason. He just stood there and done nothing while his prisoner slaughtered them to bits. How can he say those words when he refuses to give a helping hand to his own? What kind of Legionnaire just stands there while his prisoner is slaughtering his kind? Unbelievable!

You can attack the two Stormcloaks without any problems from Ralof. Hadvar makes those comments when the two Legion torturers are dead, either by your hand or the Stormcloaks.

Maybe so but the Thalmor is highly interested in taking over Skyrim at this very moment, as they clearly indicated in their battle dialogue. They also want to enslave the Nords by making them as thralls.

Are they going to take over an entire province from a single embassy with Justiciars? The Thalmor don't number that high in Skyrim, they want to take over Tamriel. They need to defeat the Empire's armies on their border before they can even think about taking over Skyrim.

The companions aren't fighting this war because they're not into the political aspects of Skyrim, and to be quite frank I don't understand why you're bringing them up when were clearly discussing about the Dunmers in Windhelm. The Companions are very valuable in the contribution to society. What has the Dunmers of windhelm ever did to Skyrim that deserve such respect? What have they done to Windhelm that requires Ulfrics top attention? Can you tell me that?

I brought up the Companions because they're not fighting in the Civil War because it isn't their fight. So why should the Dunmer pick up a blade in Ulfric's name?

The Dunmer in Windhelm work and provide a service for Windhelm, they're not begging or depending on the local government to feed and clothe them.

Like I said before the Dunmers should count their blessings for getting this far, and to be safe and secured inside of a strong walled city.

Really? Shame the Argonians can't agree to that. Windhelm is a harsh city and it is very cold. Run down buildings can lead to people dying.

I've already pointed it out. If you want to see the evidence go back to my previous post. I don't feel like repeating myself at this time. The evidence was right there.

"Your eminence, my scrying has suggested nothing in the area. Dragon Bridge is under imperial control. This is likely superstitious nonsense." - Sybille

The Court Wizard didn't detect anything (Most likely due to the powerful nature of the Necromancer Coven) You say he has evidence, but nothing major. Certainly not something to divert limited guards to go on a possible wild goose chase. He already says with the war he had to prioritize, he has reports of lights and apparently travelers disappearing. Which could indicate bandits or wild animals.

Does Tamriel look like Australia to you? What gives you the right to lecture me about what is proper law?

Have I ever said Tamriel was Australia...? Where are you even getting that from. Tamriel is Tamriel and there isn't waivers to sign etc.

It is a medieval fantasy setting, law and punishment isn't fair.

While Torygg did acted like a true Nord when he accepted Ulfrics terms, that doesn't give him the excuse to break Imperial law by accepting it. No matter what their hearts tells them they must go by what the law dictates for as long as their province are under Imperial jurisdiction.

We'll make a bureaucratic Imperial out of you yet.

They want everything Handed to them. Think about it, They went from Great Houses and monumental Fame to pl*** and Poverty. I'd want my mansions back too. Unfortunately they'll have to live with it.

Where is your source for that? Since they make no mention to wanting anything handed to them.

Malthyr: "You've seen how we live -- cramped alleys, run-down buildings, few guard patrols. Even the name 'Gray Quarter' is an insult."
Brunwulf: "I'll speak to Ulfric soon, but I make no promises that I can change his mind."
Malthyr: "That's all I ask. With your help, we have a chance to make a better life for ourselves here. For that, I thank you."

They just want their Jarl to listen to their concerns, they're citizens of Windhelm too. They've also been 'living with it' for at least 185 years... So you really have nothing when saying they can't handle being in poverty.

They're just trying to make their living, and home. They've lived in Windhelm long enough to at least be treated as members of the city, they all work and none are begging.

The Dunmers are complaining that they live in small houses and live in poverty, and if the Dunmers don't like Skyrim they can free to leave the state and go else where. Perhaps Cyrodill can welcome them, and put up with their attitudes.

No they're not. When the Empire takes over:

"Well, not yet. The Empire hasn't been in charge for that long, and real change takes time. Still, having a just and honorable man like Brunwulf in charge can only be an improvement. Unlike Ulfric, Brunwulf has shown a great willingness to work with the other races and make us feel more at home here. For the first time in a long while, I truly believe that there are brighter days ahead."

Show me where they're asking for big houses and money? They're actually just happy that Brunwulf Free-Winter is meeting with them, listening to their complaints and discussing improvements to make repairs when they can.

Ulfric's steward could have done that and there would be no issue. All they want is to be treated fairly, majority of them work hard and businesses pay taxes. Ulfric was making money and resources of food for his rebellion because of the Dunmer, so they do more for the city than some Nords.

They sell goods, farm and one (through not so honest means) made a Nord shipping business able to compete with the East Empire Company. So I don't see where you Stormcloak supporters can say they're just a burden on the city.

Dunmer are good hard workers, they just ask to be treated like everyone else. Look at the history of Raven Rock, with the right encouragement they can achieve things.

They shouldn't have to be treated like second class citizens. They've given 185 or more years into Windhelm, and Ulfric's own father and his father before him going back a bit, treated them fairly.

J

Jeremius

600px-SR-npc-Belyn_Hlaalu.jpg

"The best way for us to win the Nords' respect is through hard work."

"Too many dark elves in Windhelm complain about the way we're treated. What good does complaining do?"

"I'm proud of my farm. It takes no small effort to grow crops in this part of Skyrim."

There is at least 1 decent Dunmer living in Windhelm.

And how can they earn respect when ALL the jobs are taken and they can't find any outside of their rundown ghetto?

"All the jobs" aren't taken. Its a matter of Pride. If they wanted to earn the respect of the Nords they could work for the Cruel-Seas or the Shatter-Shields, That'd certainly give them a bit more leverage, but no, they refuse. Because they're too stubborn and too proud to understand that they're the foreigners for once. If you went to Morrowind you wouldn't be able to go five seconds without being called a "N'wah" or "Outlander" Even if you were a Dunmer from a different country you'd still be considered one. It's Hard to believe people take pity for Slave Owners and Bigots when they'd do the same to you if you were in their country. Ever heard of the "Foreigners Canton" in Vivec. Yeah, No one gave a f*** then when there were Argonians, Nords, Khajiit and Orcs in segregation but when the Dunmer get a taste of their own medicine its all pitchforks and torches and down with Ulfric. Real fair examination guys.
And do you know what the Dunmer know to do? Do you know if the Clans mentioned are actually hiring/taking on Dunmer? No? then the Dunmer cannot get jobs from them.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
You are completely missing the point. They are not saying, "SHIP THEM ALL OFF!" They are saying if the dunmer do not like living in Windhelm, THEY HAVE THE FREEDOM TO MOVE.

Except they don't have the ability to leave safely. They can't afford to pack up and exit, even if they wanted to.

That freedom to leave is an illusion, to believe otherwise is just illogical. They have friends and families in the Gray Quarter, they're low income and can't simply walk out.

Let's say you have some Grandparents, they have lived in their house for many years, decades. Now comes a new person next door, plays loud music, insults them, threatens them etc. They don't have money to go buy a new house elsewhere.

By the current logic in this thread, they should quit their bitching and simply piss off if they're not happy.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts