Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
game-play is not truth buddy. All he has to do is tell the Dunmer that he WILL listen to them when the war is over. This is a PROMISE for a FUTURE TIME!

You understand what a PROMISE is, Raijin?

Why is Ulfric obligated to make a promise to the Dunmers?

Wow just wow. When my house starts to have some maintenance problems I will make a note of it to complain to my cities mayor asking him to fix it for me.
You need to read this again ^

J

Jeremius

game-play is not truth buddy. All he has to do is tell the Dunmer that he WILL listen to them when the war is over. This is a PROMISE for a FUTURE TIME!

You understand what a PROMISE is, Raijin?

Why is Ulfric obligated to make a promise to the Dunmers?

Wow just wow. When my house starts to have some maintenance problems I will make a note of it to complain to my cities mayor asking him to fix it for me.
You need to read this again ^

Who? Me or Raijin? If Ulfric is too busy to handle his actual duties and priorities, maybe he needs to step down as Jarl.

Vatonage

Joyeuse et Glorieuse
Who? Me or Raijin? If Ulfric is too busy to handle his actual duties and priorities, maybe he needs to step down as Jarl.
Hmm, by your logic, I need to go get Jarl Balgruuf to clean up Breezehome and move all of my dead bodies out of it, and also clean up all the crap I scattered in it. Not like he has anything else to do.

J

Jeremius

Hmm, by your logic, I need to go get Jarl Balgruuf to clean up Breezehome and move all of my dead bodies out of it, and also clean up all the crap I scattered in it. Not like he has anything else to do.

The Dunmer situation is a result of the deterioration of the city, has nothing to do with Breezehome. Do not like their complaining, do not go to Windhelm and buy a house somewhere else.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar

"My father, the great Bear of Eastmarch, died during my imprisonment after the Markarth Incident.I, his only son, forced to deliver his eulogy via a letter I had smuggled out of prison. Such is the love of Titus Mede for his subjects. When finally set free, I returned to Windhelm, and was greeted by a city in mourning, at one with my own grief and anger. Clamoring in angry voices, calling out for justice, for war, they sat me on the throne. The Throne of Ysgramor! The throne of my father... I only hope I can prove worthy of the honor." Ulfric Stormcloak

http://cs.uesp.net/index.php?game=sr&formid=0x000c3475

Ulfric is doing exactly what his people ask him to do. Why should he step down just because a few Dunmers aren't getting what they desire and want?

The Dunmer situation is a result of the deterioration of the city, has nothing to do with Breezehome. Do not like their complaining, do not go to Windhelm and buy a house somewhere else.

You mean the deterioration of their homes, not the city. The city is just fine. The Dunmers allowed this to happen for such a long time that they neglect to fix their own homes when it was starting to deteriorate.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
But why? I mean... alright you claim same as all Stormcloaks that the Nords are fighting for Freedom. Freedom from Oppression, freedom from Tyranny. So why then, should I believe you when you're the Oppressor yourself? Just because you fight for Freedom and Justice does not give you the right to take away Freedom and PREVENT justice from being dealt to other people.

To hell with whether you're a true Nord or not. Dark Elves or not those are Ulfric's citizens and the fact that we're even having those conversation proves the Stormcloaks are not mature enough to handle this Freedom and Skyrim still needs the Empire.

"Force resettlement" is something that comes under Fascism btw.

So what you're telling me that the Nords are oppressing the Dunmers? Is that what you're trying to tell me? Taking away freedom? I must be high on reese peanut butter cups, but I never recall Ulfric taking away a Dunmers their freedom. We must be playing the wrong game.

Also Dunmers don't like being called a "Dark elf" it's an offensive term to them.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Dunmer_of_Skyrim

Dunmer. That is our name. Yet you deny us even this courtesy. You, the white-skinned, jaundice-haired apes of this godsforsaken frozen wilderness.

Whew! Whew whew whew I've stirred up the hornets nest tonight. Hahahahaha

YES. *Clears throat* What I said was... ah how would you likee to suck my- Oh wait wronggg website. My bad!

Seriously though yes, that's exactly what I'm saying and there's even a book written about it. "Scourge of the Grey Quarter" Written by a Nord at that. Which proves Ulfric is racist and basically you guys are a bunch of knuckle heads who are misguided on this subject.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Scourge_of_the_Gray_Quarter

It's funny how you're aware of the all the Dark Elven courtesies yet you're ready and willing to put all the Dark Elves on a train and ship them to another city. Are you a politician perhaps? Are you... heh... are you Turkish by any chance?

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate

Pfff... Whatever. Jarl Baalgruff is an example of a good Administrator and is an Excellent Jarl. You're full of it. And also, NO it's not the Jarl's job to clean up behind you.

Staff member
But why? I mean... alright you claim same as all Stormcloaks that the Nords are fighting for Freedom. Freedom from Oppression, freedom from Tyranny. So why then, should I believe you when you're the Oppressor yourself? Just because you fight for Freedom and Justice does not give you the right to take away Freedom and PREVENT justice from being dealt to other people.

To hell with whether you're a true Nord or not. Dark Elves or not those are Ulfric's citizens and the fact that we're even having those conversation proves the Stormcloaks are not mature enough to handle this Freedom and Skyrim still needs the Empire.

"Force resettlement" is something that comes under Fascism btw.

So what you're telling me that the Nords are oppressing the Dunmers? Is that what you're trying to tell me? Taking away freedom? I must be high on reese peanut butter cups, but I never recall Ulfric taking away a Dunmers their freedom. We must be playing the wrong game.

Also Dunmers don't like being called a "Dark elf" it's an offensive term to them.

Dunmer. That is our name. Yet you deny us even this courtesy. You, the white-skinned, jaundice-haired apes of this godsforsaken frozen wilderness.

YES. *Clears throat* What I said was... ah how would you likee to suck my- Oh wait wronggg website. My bad!

Seriously though yes, that's exactly what I'm saying and there's even a book written about it. "Scourge of the Grey Quarter" Written by a Nord at that. Which proves Ulfric is racist and basically you guys are a bunch of knuckle heads who are misguided on this subject.

It's funny how you're aware of the all the Dark Elven courtesies yet you're ready and willing to put all the Dark Elves on a train and ship them to another city. Are you a politician perhaps? Are you... heh... are you Turkish by any chance?
You are completely missing the point. They are not saying, "SHIP THEM ALL OFF!" They are saying if the dunmer do not like living in Windhelm, THEY HAVE THE FREEDOM TO MOVE.

Raijin

Seriously though yes, that's what I'm saying and there's even been a book written about. "Scourge of the Grey Quarter" Written by a Nord at that.

It's funny how you're aware of the all the Dark Elven courtesies yet you're fully wiling to put all the Dark Elves on a train and ship them to another city. Are you a politician perhaps?

You are 18 years old and you still live with your parents in their house. They start to become obnoxious and become unbearable to live with anymore because they became too demanding, like getting a job and to pay rent.

What do you do?

1. Start a complaining campaign about how unfair your parents are treating you.

2. Get a job and start paying your way and earn your keep.

3. Find another place to live in

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate

You are completely missing the point. They are not saying, "SHIP THEM ALL OFF!" They are saying if the dunmer do not like living in Windhelm, THEY HAVE THE FREEDOM TO MOVE.

NO. YOU'RE REFUSING TO LISTEN TO THEM. They said a few points ago that if the Dark Elves don't like it they can either live in sh* or leave and the Jarl is not responsible for them even though they live in his city.

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT. Forcing the Dunmer to have to MOVE is not fixing the problem. You guys have just got thru saying that who cares if it's all one sided and it's not Ulfric's duty as Jarl to take care of his Dunmer citizens.

That is the point YOU and YOUR FRIENDS have argued tonight. Don't try and change your story now that I have a book which shows that at best Ulfric doesn't care about the Dunmer unlike his father(s) and at worst he's a racist.

You can't take from ONE and give to ANOTHER and call that doing your job as Jarl. Either ALL Citizens are Citizens of Skyrim or none are. That's my point.

And Boone Wold or Bruun Wolf or whatever his name is says that if Ulfric had his way he would start shipping anyone who wasn't a Nord out of the country. Ulfric wants a Skyrim for the Nords.

Vatonage

Joyeuse et Glorieuse
NO. YOU'RE REFUSING TO LISTEN TO THEM. They said a few points ago that is the Dark Elves don't like it they can either live in sh* to leave

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT. Forcing the Dunmer to have to MOVE is not fixing the problem. You guys have just got thru saying that who cares if it's all one sided and it's not Ulfric's duty as Jarl to take care of his Dunmer citizens.

That is the point YOU and YOUR FRIENDS have argued tonight. Don't try and change your story now that I have a book which shows that at best Ulfric doesn't care about the Dunmer unlike his father(s) and at worst he's a racist.

You can't take from ONE and give to ANOTHER and call that doing your job as Jarl. Either ALL Citizens are Citizens of Skyrim or none are. That's my point.

"YOU and YOUR FRIENDS"

I don't even know these people! How dare you make such a pretentious assumption!

See how I missed the point there? Like how you did?

Raijin

Pfff... Whatever. Jarl Baalgruff is an example of a good Administrator and is an Excellent Jarl. You're full of it. And also, NO it's not the Jarl's job to clean up behind you.

ROFLMAO! That has got to be the most funniest post as of yet.

Jarl Balgruuf has snotty children who goes around insulting the dragonborn, and Jarl Balgruuf doesn't do a damn thing but slouch on his throne like if hes some blonde headed Nordic god. The only administrator he does is to count how many crates full of Imperial coin he can get from the Empire.

Oh and you as a Empire lover and supporter should be outrage at this Jarl. Why do you support this sleazy man so much when hes clearly using you Imperial for his own personal gain?

Balgruuf: "My men are fearless. It's the Imperial milk drinkers I'm worried about."
Quentin: "If you prefer I took my men and left..."
Balgruuf: "No. Of course not. Just - don't let me down Cipius. We'll need to set up water brigades to combat the flames."
Quentin: "Already taken care of."
Balgruuf: "You Imperials are efficient, I'll give you that. How long until they arrive?"

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
NO. YOU'RE REFUSING TO LISTEN TO THEM. They said a few points ago that is the Dark Elves don't like it they can either live in sh* to leave

"YOU and YOUR FRIENDS"

I don't even know these people! How dare you make such a pretentious assumption!

See how I missed the point there? Like how you did?

No. Because you're defending their points and are not countering their argument(s)... I'd say that's pretty friendly and is an expression of common interest...

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate

Jarl Balgruuf has snotty children who goes around insulting the dragonborn, and Jarl Balgruuf doesn't do a damn thing but slouch on his throne like if hes some blonde headed Nordic god. The only administrator he does is to count how many crates full of Imperial coin he can get from the Empire.

Oh and you as a Empire lover and supporter should be outrage at this Jarl. Why do you support this sleazy man so much when hes clearly using you Imperial for his own personal gain?

Balgruuf: "My men are fearless. It's the Imperial milk drinkers I'm worried about."
Balgruuf: "No. Of course not. Just - don't let me down Cipius. We'll need to set up water brigades to combat the flames."
Balgruuf: "You Imperials are efficient, I'll give you that. How long until they arrive?"

You ain't wrong about THIS subject. Maybe I'm not such an "Imperial Lover" after all? (I never really said I was)

I'm actually a "Whiterun / Jarl B" admirer. This, however most certainly does not mean I'm ashamed of the Empire, just of the Emperor.

I like his style. Sometime later on I'll cover that but na tonight. He reminds me of Mr House and Yes Man!

Staff member

NO. YOU'RE REFUSING TO LISTEN TO THEM. They said a few points ago that if the Dark Elves don't like it they can either live in sh* or leave and the Jarl is not responsible for them even though they live in his city.

NO, I am not. No one is FORCING them to move. And that is not what we are saying.

We do not need to change the story, just use simpler words. The Dunmer have the capacity to take care of themselves, they just don't. What is the Jarl supposed to do about it? Come hold their hand and write a manual about how to get a job and maintain your house?

And that book proves our point more than yours. They do not contribute, they do not try to help themselves, despite the capacity to do so.

What is he taking exactly? His job as a Jarl is to manage his hold, which he is doing. It is not his fault if the opportunities exist but the people refuse to take them.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate

NO, I am not. No one is FORCING them to move. And that is not what we are saying.

We do not need to change the story, just use simpler words. The Dunmer have the capacity to take care of themselves, they just don't. What is the Jarl supposed to do about it? Come hold their hand and write a manual about how to get a job and maintain your house?

And that book proves our point more than yours. They do not contribute, they do not try to help themselves, despite the capacity to do so.

What is he taking exactly? His job as a Jarl is to manage his hold, which he is doing. It is not his fault if the opportunities exist but the people refuse to take them.

Well, if you've truly read the book then you *know* the author is racist and very heavily biased against the Dark Elves, yet consider them "sub-standard beings" next to the Nords. That puts his opinion of their culture in question. That does not however, put his opinion of Ulfric in question because he's saying that as a Nord, Ulfric is noticeably less tolerant than his father(s) in said treatment of Dunmer. He would not talk about a Nord like that unless it were fact.

Raijin

You ain't wrong about THIS subject. Maybe I'm not such an "Imperial Lover" after all? (I never really said I was)

I'm actually a "Whiterun / Jarl B" admirer. This, however most certainly does not mean I'm ashamed of the Empire, just of the Emperor.

I like his style. Sometime later on I'll cover that but na tonight. He reminds me of Mr House and Yes Man!

As a Stormcloak supporter Balgruuf forces me to defend the Imperial legion with his little milk drinker comment. Balgruuf is a sleazy bastard who uses people for his own personal gain, like I said. I started to despise him after seeing that comment coming out from his mouth, especially when hes right near a Legate! The Imperials that hes insulting are dying in his hold to defend his city from the Stormcloaks. You would think that he would be grateful for their assistance, not to be insulting them by calling them milk drinkers. Such utter disrespect!

You as an imperial Legion/Empire supporter should be disgusted by his comments. I'm not even an Empire supporter and it disgusted me to sky heaven.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts