Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I still think the empire is weak and the Imperials SUCK like they never sucked before. The Empire belongs to the Aldmeri Dominion. They are the high elves bitch.

"Not sure you belong here citizen."

The Empire has claimed this thread.

NENALATA

Last King of the Ayleids - RETIRED
the_battle_near_whiterun_by_ezhovs-d4no8yf.jpg
LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Hmmm

Somehow when I look at Gen Tullius, I don't see a b*tch.

Only Thalmor b*tch I see is TMII and Ulfric. In every sense of the word too. Just cause the Emperor lost his nerve doesn't make all Imperials like him. Same with Ulfric vs Nords.

How exactly is Ulfric considered a Thalmor bitch? With the Thalmor stationed in his homeland and with the Imperials too weak to drive them out Ulfric took a great risk (Treason/Insurrection) to turn against his weaken empire to save his homeland from these racist creatures. He knows from personal experience just how dangerous they are. They're going around slaughtering nords for doing nothing more than to worship Talos and the imperials can't do plops about it either. Tullus preaches about how Ulfric is guilty of murdering imperial citizens... well what the fluff has the Thalmor been doing? They've been slaughtering imperial citizens after getting the green light from the Empire regarding to the ban of Talos.

"Not sure you belong here citizen."

The Empire has claimed this thread.

We Stormcloaks will NEVER bow down to your weaken down Empire. We will not allow such naive woman like Elisif to become queen to our precious lands. We will rule our land the way we want it.

Ulfric Stormcloak is the true High king of Skyrim.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
How exactly is Ulfric considered a Thalmor bitch?

Well you say the Empire is the Thalmor's bitch cause we surrendered. Ulfric surrendered to the Empire, so that makes him... The Bitches bitch. :p

With the Thalmor stationed in his homeland and with the Imperials too weak to drive them out Ulfric took a great risk (Treason/Insurrection) to turn against his weaken empire to save his homeland from these racist creatures.

Ulfric merely completed their goal, planned since he was allowed to escape from Thalmor captivity. He was a tool, used and manipulated into tearing Skyrim asunder. If he was manipulated once, can it happen again?

Kicking Thalmor Justiciars out of Skyrim does nothing. They were funding insurgents inside Cyrodiil, hundred and fifty years ago. They don't need an open presence to do the most damage. Skyrim is weakened after the Civil War, Ulfric merely removed the Thalmor who were there in an open capacity.

They are a cloak and dagger foe, the Empire has been dealing with Thalmor infiltrations for quite sometime. Ulfric's new government lacks the shadowy ability of the Empire. There are already Thalmor sympathizes in Skyrim, Nords and Khajiit alike. You can never truly remove the Thalmor from your borders, unless you destroy them completely.

So yes, you have the Empire. Standing there, taking the bullplops and the boasting talk. Fake smiles and false courtesy, simply waiting and preparing. The Empire is heading to war. While it may seem grand to 'throw' out the Thalmor, you're merely pushing them further underground with no way to remove them.

He knows from personal experience just how dangerous they are.

So does the Empire. It is why the Empire doesn't underestimate the Thalmor, why they take this Civil War threat very seriously. Why they must put it to the sword, quickly.

They're going around slaughtering nords for doing nothing more than to worship Talos and the imperials can't do pl*** about it either. Tullus preaches about how Ulfric is guilty of murdering imperial citizens... well what the fluff has the Thalmor been doing? They've been slaughtering imperial citizens after getting the green light from the Empire regarding to the ban of Talos.

They're going around 'slaughtering' Nords to send them flocking towards Ulfric's banners. The Thalmor are playing the Stormcloaks, who are so unaware they're pawns. The Empire sees through this, and it is why they consider the Stormcloaks a threat.

You even have Tullius, saying he almost wishes to join the Stormcloaks due to the Thalmor making the Empire look bad. So both sides are angry, for Tullius, a Legion General and Military Governor to even admit he almost wants to join the Stormcloaks shows how the Empire doesn't like things either.

Tullius however doesn't act solely on emotion. So yes, the Empire merely takes the crap and sucks it up. Meanwhile they prepare and rebuild. Most of the Legions are on the Aldmeri borders, the Empire had a five year head start in preparing for the Second War. Ulfric's rebellion is helping the Thalmor catch up.

We will rule our land the way we want it.

In Aldmeri chains? Lose Cyrodiil to the Thalmor, you lose Skyrim. Pale Pass is wide open for them to stroll on through. The Stormcloaks aren't Ysgramor's 500 who had the greatest enchanted weapons and armor of their era, and also had mages.

J

Jeremius

NENALATA: Just gonna say this now, I think that High Rock is more interested in spying on itself rather than helping. They refuse to send aid to the Empire as well, so they could also be simply not wanting to deal with another province's problems.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Well you say the Empire is the Thalmor's bitch cause we surrendered. Ulfric surrendered to the Empire, so that makes him... The Bitches bitch. :p

No :p

Ulfric merely completed their goal, planned since he was allowed to escape from Thalmor captivity. He was a tool, used and manipulated into tearing Skyrim asunder. If he was manipulated once, can it happen again?[/quote]

I'm afraid the Thalmor's plan of freeing Ulfric is going to back fire soon enough. Releasing him from their custody was probably their biggest mistake. The high elves arrogance is going to catch up to them soon enough.

Kicking Thalmor Justiciars out of Skyrim does nothing. They were funding insurgents inside Cyrodiil, hundred and fifty years ago. They don't need an open presence to do the most damage. Skyrim is weakened after the Civil War, Ulfric merely removed the Thalmor who were there in an open capacity.

Kicking the Thalmor out of Skyrim gives many the temporary relief of not being persecuted by their religious beliefs. It also gives the blades much desire time to recruit new members and grow in power without being hunted down by the Thalmor, if Ulfric becomes the new King. Under imperial victory the blades don't have a chance to grow because the Thalmor are still there. Under Stormcloak victory I honestly do not see Skyrim being weaken after the civil war. It only means that even the Imperials couldn't deal with a simple civil war. It only makes the Empire even more weak.

They are a cloak and dagger foe, the Empire has been dealing with Thalmor infiltrations for quite sometime. Ulfric's new government lacks the shadowy ability of the Empire. There are already Thalmor sympathizes in Skyrim, Nords and Khajiit alike. You can never truly remove the Thalmor from your borders, unless you destroy them completely.

Who are these Thalmor sympathizers you're speaking about? I can't see a Nord being one. Khajiit on the other hand are dumb enough to believe that a bunch of high elves gave them their moon back. They're not the most intelligent species in Tamerial. In fact their being manipulated by the High elves as we speak.

Don't underestimate Ulfric's new government and army.

They're going around 'slaughtering' Nords to send them flocking towards Ulfric's banners. The Thalmor are playing the Stormcloaks, who are so unaware they're pawns. The Empire sees through this, and it is why they consider the Stormcloaks a threat.

Like I said above the Thalmor are truly underestimating Ulfric and his army. Letting Ulfric live was their biggest mistake.

Rikke: "I'm telling you, Ulfric's planning an attack on Whiterun."
Tullius: "He'd be insane to try. He doesn't have the men."
Rikke: "That's not what my scouts report, sir. Every day more join his cause. Riften, Dawnstar, and Winterhold support him."

Rikke acknowledges that Ulfric is gaining far more support than the Imperials.

The more support Ulfric receives the bigger his army becomes and if Amaund Motierre is apart of the Talos cult that came to Skyrim to hire the Dark brotherhood to assassinate the Emperor.. well guess what? with a pro Talos as the new emperor Ulfric will then have the new Empire as allies.

You even have Tullius, saying he almost wishes to join the Stormcloaks due to the Thalmor making the Empire look bad. So both sides are angry, for Tullius, a Legion General and Military Governor to even admit he almost wants to join the Stormcloaks shows how the Empire doesn't like things either.

Tullius is a sarcastic man. He probably said that just to be sarcastic. Just like when he said mention that you being incarcerated was a "terrible mistake".

In Aldmeri chains? Lose Cyrodiil to the Thalmor, you lose Skyrim. Pale Pass is wide open for them to stroll on through. The Stormcloaks aren't Ysgramor's 500 who had the greatest enchanted weapons and armor of their era, and also had mages.

It can go both ways. We truly don't know the history of this Amaund Motierre. He could very well be apart of the Talos cult trying to infiltrate Mede Empire by hiring well known group of assassins to assassinate the Emperor. With Mede II dead a staunch pro Talos could take the throne and a new Empire forms in the mist. With this Ulfric has Cryodill as a guarantee Allie. This also could convince Ulfric to return Skyrim back into an imperial state (Including Hammerfell).

New Empire regaining the support from Skyrim and Hammerfell means victory.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Who are these Thalmor sympathizers you're speaking about? I can't see a Nord being one. Khajiit on the other hand are dumb enough to believe that a bunch of high elves gave them their moon back. They're not the most intelligent species in Tamerial. In fact their being manipulated by the High elves as we speak.

Heading off soon, so I'll only quote this.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Gissur

The Thalmor Justiciars are only an open presence. If you ever read the TES novels, you'll find the Thalmor don't need an open presence to cause problems. Why do you think those who have upset the Thalmor, never stop running? No matter where they go, into Hammerfell and Morrowind. They know the Thalmor will never stop and can reach them anywhere.

They have assassins, agents, informants everywhere. In Cyrodiil they were funding insurgents around Skingrad County who preyed on innocent travelers. They are one of the best at espionage and cloak and dagger in Tamriel.

I'll quote this from the novels. Which was in 4E 40 I believe.

There are Thalmor nests and sympathizers throughout Cyrodiil, and the Penitus Oculatus keeps undercover agents in at least one of them. p.152

They could have some of those in Skyrim. You don't remove the Thalmor by kicking Justiciars out of your lands. Justiciars are just one small part of the Thalmor problem. The worst part, they're the minor problem.

Rimfaxe96

If you ever read the TES novels

NEVER read the novels. The first few chapters of the first one I've started reading recently is heartbreaking and the following ones make me ask for someone to create a WWII mod in which I can kill everything I see with various weapons and methods. Or maybe a mod to create traps like the ones from the Saw movies.

Seriously, I've never been so enraged by a book before. Maybe because in this case I'm just really into the TES universe, but still.

tumblr_lmkc1io9OY1qikhz3o1_500.gif

I just hope the second novel will be easier otherwise I'll switch to Call Of Duty for a while.

Rimfaxe96

In what way? I enjoyed the novels.

Spoiler warning;;

There's this giant flying city killing folks and using their souls/life force. And whoever gets inside that thing apparently will be... recycled, in a way. And those lords only caring about what they eat and the 'greatest' of them actually demanding soul stuff as food.
And then Attrebus, the only guy who might have helped, gets kidnapped by some goddamned Redguard b!tch.
I wish I could send my Dragonborn into the book, kick some ass and then continue reading.

The rage-part isn't meant as critique. The writing etc is awesome which was quite a relief; last game books I read were those from Assassin's Creed and they were terrible. The ones from Resident Evil on the other hand were awesome as well. Guess it really depends on who the game publisher hires for their novels, and Bethesda definitely made the right choice. I wonder if there'll be more books in time.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
In what way? I enjoyed the novels.

Spoiler warning;;

There's this giant flying city killing folks and using their souls/life force. And whoever gets inside that thing apparently will be... recycled, in a way. And those lords only caring about what they eat and the 'greatest' of them actually demanding soul stuff as food.
And then Attrebus, the only guy who might have helped, gets kidnapped by some goddamned Redguard b!tch.
I wish I could send my Dragonborn into the book, kick some ass and then continue reading.

The rage-part isn't meant as critique. The writing etc is awesome which was quite a relief; last game books I read were those from Assassin's Creed and they were terrible. The ones from Resident Evil on the other hand were awesome as well. Guess it really depends on who the game publisher hires for their novels, and Bethesda definitely made the right choice. I wonder if there'll be more books in time.

Titus Mede is the most awesome Emperor. ;)

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Titus Mede is the most awesome Emperor. ;)

Haven't read that far yet. Feelin' for those 52 men dying in a single ambush though. Goddammnit, I need to play Skyrim a little and then get back to reading.

The second book is better than the first one, in my opinion. But you need to read the first book in order to understand the sequel.

It is not a book that's scared of sacrifices, but I've had worse. Most deaths in the first book are groups of people (like the 52 people you're talking about) who you don't really get attached too. Misery doesn't really have a face. ;) That doesn't bother me too much.

...And Titus Mede IS an awesome emperor. You'll find that out while reading.

Rimfaxe96

You'll feel worse later on.

Tumblr_lvlhcvQXFp1qba0who1_500.gif

The second book is better than the first one, in my opinion. But you need to read the first book in order to understand the sequel.

It is not a book that's scared of sacrifices, but I've had worse. Most deaths in the first book are groups of people (like the 52 people you're talking about) who you don't really get attached too. Misery doesn't really have a face. ;) That doesn't bother me too much.

...And Titus Mede IS an awesome emperor. You'll find that out while reading.

Not the first book that gets me all sentimental either. Still very interesting to see that a book is gnawing on my emotions while reading while not even movies like Titanic could get me even near those. I guess the mind is still the best theatre.
Being confronted with old video material with not-that-well-censored-massacres ccaused by the Nazis since highschool maybe adds to this a little, but I feel more for the crowd than a single person.

They better not kill Glim though. >_>

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
"The Emperor is getting old. Don't know how much longer he'll hang on. So is the whole Empire, for that matter. Getting old, that is. The Emperor and the legions have held the Empire together for hundreds of years. It's been a good thing, by and large. But maybe it's time for a change. Time for something young and new. What? No idea. Because I'm old. Old dog doesn't get new ideas. But maybe young folks like you should try some new ideas. I don't know. Could be messy. But change is never pretty."

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts