Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
You treat this thread like your own lil playground hey Mage :D

That is because it is. I went from not knowing plops when I started, to being able to hold my own. There was a time I would get pwned in these debates left and right, now though...

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
You treat this thread like your own lil playground hey Mage :D

That is because it is. I went from not knowing pl*** when I started, to being able to hold my own. There was a time I would get pwned in these debates left and right, now though...

I just cant believe how you have managed to keep so few negative ratings after all the controversial discussion that you have engaged in. Its rather impressive!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I just cant believe how you have managed to keep so few negative ratings after all the controversial discussion that you have engaged in. Its rather impressive!

Cause if you rate me badly, I call you out. No one likes being called out. That and I don't give ratings out to people, I give people the respect of telling you why I disagree instead of messing up their forum stats.

Just because we have different views, doesn't mean you should be seen badly to other forum members by having so many negatives. Other than that, I've just been rather lucky I guess. Came in at the right time, insulted the right people. :p

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Cause if you rate me badly, I call you out. No one likes being called out. That and I don't give ratings out to people, I give people the respect of telling you why I disagree instead of messing up their forum stats.

Just because we have different views, doesn't mean you should be seen badly to other forum members by having so many negatives. Other than that, I've just been rather lucky I guess. Came in at the right time, insulted the right people. :p

That isn't to say I don't get them randomly from time to time. My most recent disagree rating came when I was giving reasons why the Septim Dynasty was this super cool, the best there ever was Dynasty. That in fact lore wise, they did indeed have some of the worst Emperors known to Tamriel.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Beware, Stormcloak, for we'll find you and punish you for treason.

My Imperial signature is better than yours. :p

I made this signature for Harc.
KnIPced.png

He was one of the pickiest people to make a sig for. No problem, of course. Nothing wrong with someone who knows what he wants. But only a week or two later, I saw this:
1Y4NVL9.jpg

(-_-) speaking about wasting time... But alas, if he prefers that one: sure ;). That's up to him...

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
That isn't to say I don't get them randomly from time to time. My most recent disagree rating came when I was giving reasons why the Septim Dynasty was this super cool, the best there ever was Dynasty. That in fact lore wise, they did indeed have some of the worst Emperors known to Tamriel.
I got my disagrees from me making suggestions to people, I got my ranter from... well I made someone angry and they tagged me with it on my very next post... I wish more people were like you Drunk, at least in regards to ratings.

Staff member
And on topic, anyone found a conceivable reason why joining the Stormcloaks is better than joining the Empire? Or are we still where I left off?

Staff member
I fail to see the logic in this, but you are a leprechaun so I will wholeheartedly believe you.

LONG LIVE ULFRIC STORMCLOAK!

NENALATA

Last King of the Ayleids - RETIRED
And on topic, anyone found a conceivable reason why joining the Stormcloaks is better than joining the Empire? Or are we still where I left off?

The simple and honest answer is there is no conceivable answer.

That is to say - People would join Ulfric's cause not so much out of reason but out of anti-reason. Endeavoring to rebel against the greatest symbol of reason, the Empire (whom they feel is most directly resp for their suffering), choosing instead to follow instinct (the heart).

For example, some Nords in Skyrim are so disgusted with the Empire and how things are going, that they really don't care about the consequences. They just want the Empire out. Gone.

And contrary wise, those Nords who remain faithful to the Empire would approach this from the opposite angle.

The Thalmor on the other hand, naturally, approach this 'Civil War' with a clarity of thought that gives them the complete edge over any victor. That is to say, the Thalmor have no or very little invested emotion and participate in the Civil War in a very quiet and discerning manner.

Therefore, if you are a Stormcloak, you cannot explain yourself because your passion is what drives you. If you are an Imperial, the same goes for you. Both sides are 'wrong' and are in such dire straights that they simply do not have the luxury to develop an unbiased perspective of this Civil War, as it is part of the Dynastic cycle.

For the Imperials and Stormcloaks, it is about nothing more than survival and nature will award life to the fittest.

Staff member
Wrong. The Empire is obviously the better choice, as based off of the massive amount of evidence that has been brought forward throughout this thread. I agree with you about Stormcloaks and passion though, because aside from that, there is no real reason to join them other than for RP purposes.

NENALATA

Wrong. The Empire is obviously the better choice, as based off of the massive amount of evidence been brought forward throughout this thread. I agree woth you about Stormcloaks and passion though, because aside from that, there is no real reason to join them other than for RP purposes.

What is right cannot be determined by strength.

You say I am wrong. I cannot be wrong because I did not promote either side.

If you support either side ~ You are wrong, for they both have made grave mistakes and done terrible things to bring them both to this unfortunate predicament.

Their survival brings life to one and death to another ~ but does not mean the Victor is right. Only that this faction is still alive when the smoke finally clears.

I would conclude there really is no right answer. There is only what exists in your heart, which will weight the fate of Tamriel.

Staff member
Wrong. The Empire is obviously the better choice, as based off of the massive amount of evidence been brought forward throughout this thread. I agree woth you about Stormcloaks and passion though, because aside from that, there is no real reason to join them other than for RP purposes.

If you support either side ~ You are wrong, for they both have made grave mistakes and done terrible things to bring them both to this unfortunate predicament.

Their survival brings life to one and death to another ~ but does not mean the Victor is right. Only that this faction is still alive when the smoke finally clears.

I would conclude there really is no right answer. There is only what exists in your heart.

I would conclude there really is no right answer. There is only what exists in your heart, which will weight the fate of Tamriel.
Very nice sounding. But incredibly optimistic. Just because an empire has made mistakes is no reason to doom its people along with the rest. Join the Stormcloaks, who are bad for Skyrim's economy and diplomatic relations, as well as the Empire's remaining provinces and their people. Joining them is like throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Sure you gain independence, but you weaken the position of just about every province not aligned with the Dominion. Including your own. One small nation cannot stand alone, and they further fragment and damage the economy of their neighbour's as well. If that wasn't enough, even Ulfric's motivations and goals are questionable at best.

NENALATA

Very nice sounding. But incredibly optimistic. Just because an empire has made mistakes is no reason to

Once again, I am not here to condemn.

I like the Empire, ok. I like the Dominion. Hell, I even like the 'Cloaks. But they can't stand each other, so, they will follow their nature to whatever end.

Doesn't matter how much I like/dislike them. I can only observe the nature of a thing to know what's it's capable of and go from there.

What we like is irrelevant, the choices we make however are eternal, although that does not make them right. They are just 'ours'.

Staff member
Once again, I am not here to condemn.

I like the Empire, ok. I like the Dominion. Hell, I even like the 'Cloaks. But they can't stand each other, so, they will follow their nature to whatever end.

Doesn't matter how much I like/dislike them. I can only observe the nature of a thing to know what's it's capable of and present their workings to my heart.

What we like is irrelevant, the choices we make however are eternal.
*writing on my mobile is annoying* That is quite a general statement to make about the Empire, considering it is or at least wasat one time made up of all the races of Tamriel. They, by most all accounts, are the most open minded. Most of them you come across have brothers and sisters in the stormcloaks. They don't hate them, but they are willing to fight them to preserve the Empire. I cannot speak about their opinions of the Dominion.

NENALATA

Yes but if we understand this is a matter of the heart ~

Reason, history, doing nice things for people, the heart cares for NONE of that. Well, unless your heart does.

Again, the opp side would feel that none of this matters next to their hearts being free, even if this makes them wrong.

The Polarity of both factions is SO incredibly strong on these matters, that there can be no reasonable conclusion other than destroying each other.

Although I suppose the action of a 3rd party playing on the bleeding hearts calls for some cross-examining.

I mean, I wouldn't want to follow someone off the edge of a cliff just because I loved them. Would you?

Staff member
Yes but if we understand this is a matter of the heart ~

Reason, history, doing nice things for people, the heart cares for NONE of that. Well, unless your heart does.

Again, the opp side would feel that none of this matters next to hearts being free, even if this makes them wrong.

The Polarity of both factions is SO incredibly strong on these matters, that there can be no reasonable conclusion other than destroying each other.

Although I suppose the action of a 3rd party playing on the bleeding hearts calls for some cross-examining.

I mean, I wouldn't want to follow someone off the edge of a cliff just because I loved them. Would you?
Just because someone believes they are right doesn't justify them. The stormcloaks worsen Skyrim's position as well as the Empire's position as a whole. That includes the millions of people that call the provinces home. I see what you're saying though. My point is that joining the stormcloaks is like shooting yourself in the foot.

Staff member
And only if I had the means to save them, like a parachute. Otherwise, no.

NENALATA

Just because someone believes they are right doesn't justify them. The stormcloaks worsen Skyrim's position as well as the Empire's position as a whole. That includes the millions of people that call the provinces home. I see what you're saying though. My point is that joining the stormcloaks is like shooting yourself in the foot.

This same conclusion pertains every bit as much to the Empire as it does the Stormcloaks.

You continue to try and justify the Empire's survival. This is no different from a Stormcloak trying to justify his country's survival and that of his way of life. Any Nord is capable of speech and deciding what to do with his money. Emperor sold separately.

In this fight for survival knowing that neither side itself is right or wrong, they are still judged by their actions.

You cannot maintain the Empire should live because it was good in the past. You cannot condemn a Province for wanting to be good in the future.

However, the Thalmor are the common denominator in this madness and clearly serve as the Final Antagonist to both parties. The Thalmor are why they fear the night, the Dominion is why you keep your doors locked and pray that God(s) watch over you with a ready sword.

It is therefore my conclusion that the righteous faction can safely be determined by how they have dealt with the Thalmor.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts