Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
The voice acting of John Cleese, Bill Nighy, Kate Beckinsale, Alfred Molina, Michael Gambon, Malcom McDowell and Peter Stormare in TESO may please you.

Michael Gambon.... That is fluffing awesome. :cool:
0Ul5gOE.gif

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
You have to understand though, Bethesda themselves don't even know their own lore. There are plenty of lore fails throughout TES games. Lore is made up as they go along, hell The Elder Scrolls came into being by mistake. Like sex and the condom breaks, TES is what happened 9 months later.

When they came up with the name, because they had to change their title of the game. No one even knew wtf Elder Scrolls meant, or was even suppose to mean. :p

Rimfaxe96

I won't lie, my 'relationship' with money is different (guess that has something to do with me being the princess at home :oops:), but I'd pay that much even if that edition only brought me that book and that map of Tamriel.

tumblr_mcsdhaeMlP1rn7qflo1_500.gif

Love it. <3

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I won't lie, my 'relationship' with money is different (guess that has something to do with me being the princess at home :oops:), but I'd pay that much even if that edition only brought me that book and that map of Tamriel.

tumblr_mcsdhaeMlP1rn7qflo1_500.gif

Love it. <3

Well, I can't afford it. Bethesda/Zenimax would make more money without this idiotic policy because I'd be able to pay it without stupid paywalls on top of the regular costs. Now they won't get anything from me because it is too expensive.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
You have to understand though, Bethesda themselves don't even know their own lore. There are plenty of lore fails throughout TES games. Lore is made up as they go along, hell The Elder Scrolls came into being by mistake. Like sex and the condom breaks, TES is what happened 9 months later.

When they came up with the name, because they had to change their title of the game. No one even knew wtf Elder Scrolls meant, or was even suppose to mean. :p

Add onto myself. Bethesda not knowing their own lore is understandable.

The person who actually wrote a good chunk of lore that comes from Morrowind and some of Oblivion doesn't work the company anymore. While he still writes TES related writings, Bethesda will still take some of his stuff and use it, they used something of his for Skyrim too.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
8348.jpg
DrunkenMage said:
17715.jpg
Anouck said:
8348.jpg
DrunkenMage said:
That is Bethesda's doing, they're the publisher.​
Nope. Zenimax came up with this policy, as far as I am concerned..
Hmm. Waitz, here is an interesting video. It is quite long but it starts at 15:40​
Bethesda is doing the marketing, ZeniMax is just developing the game.

Ok, so let's do the math here.

$79.99 to buy in, $14.99 per month...

Is $259.87 to play for (1) yr + Tax. Hmmm...

This does not look good, I don't care whose fault it is. Does not look good. Esp since now that I've found a decent job, I have no time for this.

And let's be honest, I have more fun messing around in New Vegas, throwing grenades at Deathclaws and also in Skyrim, throwing lightning at Thalmor... and then running running running.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
8348.jpg
DrunkenMage said:
17715.jpg
Anouck said:
8348.jpg
DrunkenMage said:
That is Bethesda's doing, they're the publisher.​
Nope. Zenimax came up with this policy, as far as I am concerned..
Hmm. Waitz, here is an interesting video. It is quite long but it starts at 15:40​
Bethesda is doing the marketing, ZeniMax is just developing the game.

Ok, so let's do the math here.

$79.99 to buy in, $14.99 per month...

Is $259.87 to play for (1) yr + Tax. Hmmm...

This does not look good, I don't care whose fault it is. Does not look good. Esp since now that I've found a decent job, I have no time for this.

And let's be honest, I have more fun messing around in New Vegas, throwing grenades at Deathclaws and also in Skyrim, throwing lightning at Thalmor... and then running running running.

I agree. Whether it is Zenimax or Beth, it is their problem to solve. I've read way too many comments from people who can't afford the game, and that is going to give them serious issues. I hope that the people who are planning to buy it, can compensate for those who don't have the money.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
Just saw this and OMG it's totally AWESOME! Perhaps I'll find some time for this after all. :D
All I can say is... High Elf DragonKnight w/ Fire Staff is going to be a beast.​
And here's another thought... the Empire should form it's own guild. Not sure how that might work, however, I think it's something needing to be done.​

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
Perhaps I'm oversimplifying things, but maybe the Nords didn't need to start a civil war benifical to the Dominion when their Empire barely bothered to enforce the Talos worship ban? They talk about selling honor when the Imperials were trying to pull a fast one on the elves.

That's exactly right. Perhaps what's even more frightening is how Ulfric has to know this. He knows exactly what he's doing. Which is yet, another reason I refused to take his side... in anything. I mean, I could understand if this was something like one of the other Empires and the Nords just became tired of it. Alas, that is not the case here.

I love how DrunkenMage would rather gloat that Imperials will be in the game, rather than this sort of exclusives are like the CCP 70$ Monocle again :p

But anyhow - all the TES games had the Empire because they took place in the Lifespan of one Emperor ( save Skyrim)

And I wonder if Imperials are pissed off when they realize there descendant from Elvish bootlickers.

Everyone wonders about one thing or another in the end :D

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
I love how DrunkenMage would rather gloat that Imperials will be in the game, rather than this sort of exclusives are like the CCP 70$ Monocle again :p

But anyhow - all the TES games had the Empire because they took place in the Lifespan of one Emperor ( save Skyrim)

And I wonder if Imperials are pissed off when they realize there descendant from Elvish bootlickers.

Everyone wonders about one thing or another in the end :D

Well hold on there ~ The DWARVES were the true rulers of Skyrim. Snow Elves lived around Dwarven city-states. The Nords consumed their land like locusts, however, they themselves were at the mercy of the Dwarves, which kept the Nords in check and in their place. The ONLY reason why the Nords inherited Skyrim was because the Dwarves basically had their trinket sabotaged at the Battle of Red Mountain.

Still, the Dwarves were a very strong race, very technically inclined and the only reason the Nords remained free was because the Dwarves showed little interest in them, having the Snow Elves as their slaves. If you examine the positioning of Dwarven cities in Skyrim, it's very easy to see how well they completely dominated the land. Had the Snow Elves not been enslaved by the Dwarves ~ It's very possible the Nords or Dark Elves would have been enslaved in their place.

However, this was never the case. The Dwarves prob enslaved the Snow Elves because they had:

1) Agreed to it
2) No where else to go

Dwarves were very interesting, mysterious yet practical. A very admirable people, albeit they had their flaws.

eee I was referring to those Humans that came with the elves from Atmora - the slave ones?

I didn't even touch on the subject of who the rightful owners of Skyrim are - because it was clearly Dwemers

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
They didn't come with elves. They were enslaved later on when they came to Cyrodiil.

From slaves to Emperors. What is there to be pissed off about? In a shorter amount of time than the Nords, they've still done more, created more, advanced more and owned more. I was surprised when I came across the wheel in Skyrim, so at least the Nords have managed the wheel and fire.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
eee I was referring to those Humans that came with the elves from Atmora - the slave ones?

I didn't even touch on the subject of who the rightful owners of Skyrim are - because it was clearly Dwemers

To summarize the post, I was conveying how the Nords lived "in the Dwemer's Shadow". The Nedic Humans were enslaved "a dime a dozen" however they did earn their freedom.

Something admirable about that, earning back what was given to them.

And I here what you're saying as well. Because unless something changes drastically, they're about to be in that same position again and this is one reason a human (or Nord esp) would support Ulfric's cause.

It ain't pretty and yes indeed, his hair is braided, however at least the Nords and whoever else wanted to join them, would be free of the Thalmor and the Empire.

Rimfaxe96

I hope that the people who are planning to buy it, can compensate for those who don't have the money.

Thing is that since the majority is wary about the game because of its costs (and that big number of people who've turned their backs to it because of the same reason) and while I'd love all that extra stuff, I'm seriously considering to just wait for that stuff to be available for purchase from private people who don't give a damn about anything but the game itself. I wouldn't touch it during the first year anyway, want to see if it survives first. Without going F2P.

Though I'm pretty sure a few months after the release and dozens of reviews at least some hints of how the game's doing financially will be revealed, so maybe that will make the decision easier and faster. Hoping for the best.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
17715.jpg
Anouck said:
I hope that the people who are planning to buy it, can compensate for those who don't have the money.​
Thing is that since the majority is wary about the game because of its costs (and that big number of people who've turned their backs to it because of the same reason) and while I'd love all that extra stuff, I'm seriously considering to just wait for that stuff to be available for purchase from private people who don't give a damn about anything but the game itself. I wouldn't touch it during the first year anyway, want to see if it survives first. Without going F2P.

Though I'm pretty sure a few months after the release and dozens of reviews at least some hints of how the game's doing financially will be revealed, so maybe that will make the decision easier and faster. Hoping for the best.

Gold Star. There was a Star Wars MMO that came out a year or two ago which started out as a big deal, was meant to replace another Star Wars Online Game which itself was very popular, inexpensive and had been around for years.

It failed miserably... came with a hefty price tag + entry fee, things got so bad after about 6 months that the game is free to play now. Not to mention all the angry, really really agitated fans of the older game they cancelled.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts