Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Imperio

having read all of this it's still just as difficult to decide, but as an Imperial, fighting against the Empire just FEELS wrong, was an Imperial in TESIV too, it's in my blood, even if they're in the wrong. What I do know for sure is I hate The Thalmor!! If the Empire could be united including Skyrim, maybe we'd have a better chance of ridding Tamriel of those sinister, pompous, pointy-eared arsewipes.

kaisersaucy

You sir, just made me regret joining the Imperials

ha sorry.....but you'd have played the Imperials at some point just to experience their story right

I don't like the stormcloaks general xenophobia, they aren't keen on anyone who isn't Nord being in Skyrim but particularly non humans. But some of them are alright & their cause is better than the Imperials.

Like I said the Imperials are just Thalmor puppets & I really hate the Thalmor, they all come across as incredibly arrogant & the first bunch I met attacked me just for asking what was wrong with worshipping talos, so I butchered them and released their prisoner. They also look down on anyone who isn't Thalmor & there is plenty of evidence of them torturing people for standing against them or questioning them & also anyone who try's to continue worshipping Talos.

The Storm cloaks have their fault of being suspicious of anyone who isn't Nord.....But overall they just don't want to be under the heel of the Thalmor and by extension their Imperial puppets, with all their brutal methods. They want the right to rule themselves and represent their own interests. The Thalmor have no good points they are just brutal despots.

Gore gro-Gijakudob

The game is very good at not making your choice easy, I avoided making a stand until quite late. But a stand had to be taken. My loyalty was first and foremost to Whiterun as the Jarl made me a Thane. As an Orc, I admire the Nord warrior spirit but not all Nords are Stormcloaks. I was not happy to make my oath but an oath had to be made and my oath was to the Empire. I also despise the Thalmor and kill them at every opportunity, the Empire hates the Thalmor too. The White Gold concordant saved the Empire at a cost but the Empire is clearly biding their time.

AIex

Stormcloaks, because I'm still angry that the imperials tried to cut my head off 56 levels ago.

Gore gro-Gijakudob

Stormcloaks, because I'm still angry that the imperials tried to cut my head off 56 levels ago.

Probably had more to do with the Thalmor than the Imperials. Think before you act, and that's coming from an Orc.

ha sorry.....but you'd have played the Imperials at some point just to experience their story right

I don't like the stormcloaks general xenophobia, they aren't keen on anyone who isn't Nord being in Skyrim but particularly non humans. But some of them are alright & their cause is better than the Imperials.

Like I said the Imperials are just Thalmor puppets & I really hate the Thalmor, they all come across as incredibly arrogant & the first bunch I met attacked me just for asking what was wrong with worshipping talos, so I butchered them and released their prisoner. They also look down on anyone who isn't Thalmor & there is plenty of evidence of them torturing people for standing against them or questioning them & also anyone who try's to continue worshipping Talos.

The Storm cloaks have their fault of being suspicious of anyone who isn't Nord.....But overall they just don't want to be under the heel of the Thalmor and by extension their Imperial puppets, with all their brutal methods. They want the right to rule themselves and represent their own interests. The Thalmor have no good points they are just brutal despots.
From what I've read the Thalmore are not much different than the Dwemer, or dwarves. Thus they also have many relations such as the closest blood type, same research areas, and brutal.

On the other hand, I live in America. If the... Chinese, to say due to their great power and size, decided they wanted to come to us and "Take Over" or enforce their laws in our lands over our government. Of course we'd retaliate. Wouldn't you expect the Nords to retaliate on the Imperials? Honestly, it isn't the Imperial's place to "invade" Skyrim, home of the Nords, and "Take Over". Am I right?

YO MAMA

stormcloaks. Reason- fighting for freedom.

DJFlegg

I have only recently got this game, and haven't even had a full day to play with being at work so much. My starting character is a Nord (a hybrid using a sword in one hand and a spell in the other, wearing light armour) I chose to leave helgen with the stormcloak as the Imperials had just tried to kill me... (also a guy mentioned before in oblivion you start in jail) wether their cause is good or not they always seem to be on my case! haha.

I will be making a second character, a female dual casting mage who will be going stormcloak also regardless of race, I like the idea of being a foreign mercenary running round popping off Imperials with firebolts :p

However I will also be making an Imperial soilder (or Knight as id like to think of him as) that will be sword shield heavy armour and basically a walking tank for the empire.

that way i get to experience a few different ways of playing class wise and story wise so ill get the best of both worlds =)

Ned

Nerevarine
Both sides have come off pretty poorly, to me. The main point is that the Empire wants to own Skyrim and have it uphold Imperial laws, which happen to suck, and have way too much to do with oppression, nationalism and creepy elves. They essentially mean to take the Nord homeland and govern it as their own.

Ulfric and the Stormcloaks are the rebels. They don't want to be told who they can worship, have all their lands and laws owned by Imperials and Elves and to have all of their towns and cities flooded with immigrants. They want to reclaim Skyrim for the Nords. That's not to say that other races are unwelcome or hated, only that they feel the Nords should be in charge. Much of the racial issues tend to be war-related. Stormcloaks see other races as the natural enemy due to the civil nature of the war, and suspect them of being spies. It's not like non-nords can't be Stormcloaks.

People act pretty loathsome in war time. It's not unlike the way Japanese were treated here after Pearl Harbor, or all the racism and suspicion for Middle Eastern people after 9/11.

Ultimately, for me, the Stormcloak side seems much more natural. The rebels, fighting to take their home and their customs back from the oppressive, greedy empire and it's filthy elves. Plus, Ulfric is a character I can get behind. Imperial figureheads are far less motivating and impressive.

I haven't finish the main quest or the war quests yet, however, so I wont really know how I feel until it's all sorted out.

RedVideo

His Excellency
Clearly, there is no moral imperative on either side. The set of missions you perform are nearly identical. I'm pretty sure that the only way to get the nice, big house in Windhelm, Hjerim, is to finish the civil war one way or the other.

This has to do with an emotional connection. I think that most people like the rebel spirit, the anti-authority, and the freedom and independence minded Stormcloaks. I see that most people will start the game by following the Stormcloak guy out of Helgen. I did.

Once I started getting a sense of the racist, isolationist, xenophobic Nords I had a harder time supporting them. Ulfric it turns out, is just a little dictator in the making, using the Nords bigotry to further his ambitions. I could see that if Ulfric were High King all of Skyrim would be filled with racial ghettos like Windhelm. I may skip the civil war altogether when I start a new character, but I don't think I can ever support Ulfric, it just goes too much against my real-world sensibilities.

The deciding factor was when Thongcor Silver-Blood, in Markarth, launched a long rant on me blaming "you-people" for all the problems in Tamriel. I'm a Bosmer.

On a lighter note. After the Imperials win the war all the Jarls who supported Ulfric, and their staff, end up living in the Palace of the Kings in Windhelm. They sit around the big feasting table 24/7 just bitching and moaning about what they have lost. Believe me, they have nothing nice to say to me whenever I come in to talk to the new Jarl. Also, its been over a month in-game and Ulfric's body is still lying there. I finally just dragged his corpse up and laid him out in the middle of the table.

I was wondering, for those who fought for Skyrim's independence, do the Jarl's who sided with the Empire end up in Solitude just moping their lives away?

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I think you're all missing the point. It's best to join the Stormcloaks because Imperials have better loot.

Check a Stormcloak corpse. Their cuirass is only worth 25 gold! You might get lucky and find a scaled helm but every Imperial is loaded! Imperial bow, sword, steel arrows, not to mention studded or light Imperial armor. With a Stormcloak, the best you can hope for is a steel warhammer. Rebels are notoriously underfunded.

And, yeah. The Imperials wanted to cut off my head and they serve pompous asses that deny freedom of choice in religion. Who also happen to have excellent loot. Win win!

Jbcarey

I chose the empire, but.... I wish i didn't... Eventually, I started feeling the stormcloaks cause was more fitting me my style of play, (even though I'm not a Nord)... I don't know, still torn between the two.

BeastAndAMidget

A Hardcore Mage
It's pretty much asking do you want to be a rebel (Stormcloaks) or the good guys (Imperials) I was a Dark Elf and I joined the Stormcloaks. My reason was because I would not want to fight for some legion that tried to chop off my head. Personally I had a hatrid for the Legion since the start of the game.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts