Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Really? My character is widely known as the Dragonborn... savor of mankind from the world eater, and he still has to perform tasks to earn the right to buy a home, eh? While the rest of the residents don't remotely do the kind of things that we have to do to buy homes. That's not right. The Jarls of each hold (Ulfric included) are all scumbags... even that Jarl of Whiterun that everyone so happens to love so much.
I warned you not to think about it too much. It only leads to bad thoughts. :p
The Lighter Side of Skyrim said:
(Scene at Candlehearth Hall - the Dragonborn and Torsten Cruel-Sea are enjoying some hot spiced mead sitting by the fireside)

Dragonborn: (takes another gulp of mead) So..where was I...ah yes...finally after finding the serial killer known as the Butcher and putting an end to his reign of terror in Windhelm, ridding Eastmarch of bandits and Dragons that had been plaguing it, getting Ulfric the Jagged Crown, and playing an essential role in winning every key battle in the civil war for the Stormcloaks, Ulfric relented and decided to let me have a home here in Windhelm. So tell me friend Torsten, what great adventures and deeds did you perform to receive your house?

Torsten Cruel-Sea: Well basically I inherited it from my da.

Dragonborn:....ah your father must have been quite the hero then.

Torsten Cruel-Sea: Nah. He was a good man but he was also a farmer. He simply asked Ulfric's da if he could buy this house when the old owners moved out and the Bear said "okies". (Belches)

Dragonborn: :confused: .....

Torsten Creul-Sea: But hey at least you got your house for free after doing all that stuff for Ulfric so it was worth it eh?

Dragonborn: o_O ... :mad: ..... :oops:

thatwudbryan

yet another skyrim enthusiast
I doubt the Emperor signed it without any thought. Have you ever been in a position of power and had to make a difficult decision like that? I'm going to answer it for you. No. It's easy to be a commoner and sit back and judge a leader, but for once, see it from their perspective. You might learn something. For your sake, I hope you do.
Maybe that was his problem, he thought too much and didn't go with what his gut told him and made a costly mistake by essentially bowing down to the Thalmor temporarily while trying to regroup, while his signing of the treaty was the beginning of the Thalmor's grand scheme of breaking down relations between the empire and other provinces in all of Tamriel. o_O As much as POS the Thalmor are, they're some smart cookies, you don't even ponder that maybe they knew that certain groups within or supporting the empire would be apalled, disgusted and want nothing to do with this treaty??? Banning talos for instance, Thalmor thoughts: "Those proud and arrogant nords won't hold true to this treaty and sooner or later will rebel against the empire due to their rash foolishness" Sounds like a legit plan of the Thalmor's to me, I'm just makin my own assumptions of course but you can't fully disagree that that wouldn't have been on the Thalmor's minds during all this. Remember, their like the NWO, they're 5 steps ahead of the rest and Everything they do is planned and thought out and the glorious Empire and the foolish Ulfric and his SC's fell into their scheme perfectly. It's also easy for an Emperor to sit in his castle (temporarily, until the Thalmor step back in) and try and think and do whats right for 'the people' uhhh oh wait no its not thats why they're all in this mess and people are dying in the name of the WGC. Also, the Emperor isn't a dumb man as seen at the end of the DB questline and has no trouble accepting his fate, maybe he just signed the treaty to enjoy his plush life as Emperor in his castle a few more days before the Thalmor decide to strike back.

Brit Hahdrim

If battle-worn Stormcloaks just put out a flag, "We're worshiping Talos!", the Thalmor would get them, THEN the Imperials. They wouldn't stand a CHANCE. If they thought a dying empire was going to drag them down, why didn't they wait until it was weaker, when it would be a pushover and they were sure that it had to go?

Brit Hahdrim

He didn't surrender. Learn the definition of a treaty. And I refuse to look up the definition for you. We have to get some of those brain cells of yours working.

Regardless, to surrender is something that can only happen once it's been done. Before that, it's a bunch of times when you concede. To concede to large decisions isn't even surrender; not sending your army in to defend the Empire when the Thalmor starts killing people is surrender, not saying "I surrender." Who wants to be honest with the Thalmor anyways?

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
why didn't they wait until it was weaker, when it would be a pushover and they were sure that it had to go?

Does One allow a leech to suckle upon One's knee until it grows old and senile or the moment it latches itself and draws One's precious blood?

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I was reading a large list of bugs and found out that if you battle Whiterun under the imperials that soon after my bro Heimskr gets sent to the dungeon in Dragonreach.
Now that cross the line. Heimskr is my bro. He has bigger set of balls than that scumbag Jarl in Dragonreach. At least he doesn't keep things a secret. At least hes open about his true compassion with Talos and Tiber Septim.

An angry Nord old woman, who proudly worships Talos, has something to say to the Imperials and to the Empire

Bloodhawk71

another redneck nerd
Easy stormcloaks, because they stand up for what they believe in and the imperial legion is no longer reliable

Guyyyyzz! I know that Ulfric can be a bit racist sometimes but that is the ONLY downside. These are the only reasons you need to join the Stoarmcloaks!
1. The imperials tryed to kill you EVEN THOUGH you wernt on the list!
2. Ulfric has a sexy voice.
3. Skyrim is NOT thalmor turf! Ulfric has the right to fight for his country!
4. Titus mede II is a pussy.
5. That high king guy WAS a pussy.
6. Ralof is WAY more hot then Hadvar.
7. And LAST but NOT least... TALOS IS A HERO!

The worst thing that ever happened to th empire: Titus Mede II.
The best thing that ever happened to the empire: The assassination of Titus Mede II! (Caused by a very talented dark brotherhood assassin)...

It's best to get both sides of the story, and besides Brunwulf is nothing more than a hypocrite. He goes around talking trash about how Ulfric is this and that... and what do you know? Hes enjoying a free meal inside the palace of the kings while Ulfric is sitting on his throne. I never once seen him in the Grey quaters inside their tavern. Instead of see him at the "nord" tavern.

If Ulfric is a racist then so is everyone else in Skyrim. Look at the way they treat their cat people guests... like garbage. Their not allowed inside the city.
Ulfric has every right to kick those Lizzards outta town! Why, just the other day one of them admitted to stealing cargo off of the NORDS boats!

Docta Corvina

This thread...should I even go there right now? ...Nah, I got better things to do, like planning my holiday escape to Australia to be with the boyfriend. :p So...

simpsons.gif

Also, nothing about Ulfric, including his voice, makes me wanna touch him with even a ten foot pole. Blech.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
This thread...should I even go there right now? ...Nah, I got better things to do, like planning my holiday escape to Australia to be with the boyfriend. :p So...

Also, nothing about Ulfric, including his voice, makes me wanna touch him with even a ten foot pole. Blech.

Take some of this

and that!

And I assume General Tullius gets your juices flowing? In spite of him being all shrimpy looking and all, and here I thought that women prefer men with deeper voices.

I don't know how many forums or social networks I have read where fangirls dream of bedding with Ulfric. I've read plenty of Fanfictions written by women who fantasize Ulfric.

It's safe to say that as far as popularly goes women are far more to favor Ulfric (Because of his voice) then General Tullius.

Take some of this

and that!

And I assume General Tullius gets your juices flowing? In spite of him being all shrimpy looking and all, and here I thought that women prefer men with deeper voices.

I don't know how many forums or social networks I have read where fangirls dream of bedding with Ulfric. I've read plenty of Fanfictions written by women who fantasize Ulfric.

It's safe to say that as far as popularly goes women are far more to favor Ulfric (Because of his voice) then General Tullius.
I definetly like men with deeper voices! For example: Ulfric and Farkas.

The type of men I dont like are: Titus Mede II, Tullius, Legate Rikke (Rikke is a man secretly)

Docta Corvina

Take some of this

and that!

I dunno, being a self-centered barbarian ass tends to be a turn off for me. :rolleyes: Nothing in those videos does anything for me, Raijin. Hate to break it to you.

I don't care what "most" fangirls like or whatever. I'm very discerning in my tastes and brawn and deep voices aren't enough to seal the deal for me. I value intelligence and humility and even if humility is somewhat lacking (whazzup Marcurio :p), I'm willing to work with that. Tullius is pragmatic, not overly emotional, reserved, capable and intelligent. He's also a silver fox. And I make no apologies for finding him sexy. :cool: I vastly prefer Imperial men anyway, for their looks, intelligence and culture. I never was a fan of the axe-swinging, knuckle-dragging barbarian type and not just in Elder Scrolls games.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts