1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by EvilCrazyCows, Feb 6, 2012.

1. FullmetalHeart20

FullmetalHeart20 Well-Known Member

It has everything to do with that. Even if one could justify racism, it's not very pleasant for the target. Ones first taste of Winterhold is racial tension. Between how brutal Tamriel is inherently, and how the Nords treat Dunmer and Argonian citizens, why should they care if some Nord woman dies?
    As for being parasites, you must be joking. Take a walk in the Grey Quarter. Get a pint at the Corner Club. Buy an axe at Sadri's shop. If those didn't benefit you at all, then you can call them parasites. They have business there, and only the Nine know why, but they seem willing to deal with any citizen.

2. Raijin

Raijin A Mage that loves a Templar

Refresh the page because I've edited in more stuffs to my post :)

If they show no remorse or pity for the murdered women on the streets, and only care for their kind (A typical asshole Morrowind type of Dunmer, according to the lore) then why should I care if they live in the slums? You know they could move if they're truly unhappy with the way things are in Windhelm.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. FullmetalHeart20

Move to where? The closest hold is Winterhold. And like you keep saying, there's no room anywhere else. Do you seriously think it's the Dunmer's fault for not leaving rather than the Nords for not treating them proper? Just the fact that you're suggesting leaving means there's something wrong with how they're treated, which we've been over before. Threatening to come to ones house and using their 'ways' is rather alarming, considering what Nords are known for. That exchange you quoted demonstrates the apathy Dunmer receive. Don't be surprised that it's returned in kind.

4. Raijin

What about Riften? Like I suggested on previous post I'm certain Maven can offer them work in her Meadery. Since theirs no such thing as obesity I'm certain that they can walk there. The cat people of Skyrim shows no difficulties of walking from city to city :) Also they can return back to Morrowind in Blacklight.

After you kill the Thalmor Assassin Malborn is seen running northeast to Morrowind.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. azali100

azali100 Active Member

That's like expecting a civil war era black person to care when some southern confederate white lady gets murdered. Decades of built up hate and tension will take its toll on people. Asking the opressed to care for their oppressers is hard thing to do. What the Dark elf said is pretty cold, but it doesn't make him an asshole.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. FullmetalHeart20

So one could clear a districts worth of space for them in Riften, but it's impossible that a house outside the GQ will ever be available?.....All I ask is you explain how that isn't insanity.

7. Raijin

People who say cold things are typically an asshole :) good heart folks don't spill out such shallow words like that.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. FullmetalHeart20

Okay. Since you seem to hate excuses for this stuff, obviously you can't stand Rolff and Angrenor. Or did you only pick that apart for stuff you can use for your case? Either they're both at fault, or neither are. There's no criticism you can give the Dunmer that doesn't apply to the Nords who treat them like that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. azali100

azali100 Active Member

Walking isn't as easy as you suggest. And I doubt the Khajjit actually walk when they move between cities. They travel to sell their wares which means they probably use pack animals so they can carry a load that will actually make them profit. Furthermore they are Nomads. they have no intention of staying in one place and are already prepared for that lifestyle unlike the Elves. Again walking from one city to another isn't easy. It would probably take more than a week to walk from Windhelm to Riften in a realistically scaled Skyrim. They need enough food for a full Ghetto's worth of elves, care for the sick and old, a way to carry all their crap, etc.

10. Jersey Dagmar

Jersey Dagmar Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!

tumblr_m6qbh1e4kg1r5aekzo1_500.gif

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Off Topic Off Topic x 1
  11. Raijin

With the war going on I don't think a House outside of the GQ would ever be available... Since Ulfric (I assume base on what he told me when he offered me the available house after the civil war ended) highest priorities is to offer homes to active soldiers. Owning a home in Skyrim is a privilege that requires multiple tasks to prove your worthiness.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Raijin

Then hire a carriage driver or buy a horse for 1000 gold. I believe it cost 20 gold to travel from windhelm to Riften on a carriage.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. azali100

azali100 Active Member

That is a stupid generalization. Have you never felt angry? Sad? Hurt? Have you never felt these emotions and said something cold or hurtful yourself because of them? Coldness isn't just a side effect of being a jerk, its more complicated than that. Like I said, when you expose man to hate and racism, his oldness and cynicism shouldn't be surprising to you...

14. azali100

azali100 Active Member

I don't think most of those people actually make that much gold, and I don't think those prices are lore accurate.

Gameplay and Story Segregation - Television Tropes & Idioms

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Raijin

My mother use to tell me back when she was live that if I had nothing nice to say then don't say it at all. Yes I have emotions. I cry, I get angry, sad, hurt,etc but it doesn't give me the right to say hurtful things to others. Instead of using harmful words I simply walk away, and get some air into my lungs by using breathing exercises to clean my mind up with negative feelings.

16. FullmetalHeart20

And Riften doesn't have the same exact problem? They're originally Stormcloak controlled. Where are Ulfric's worries in that Hold? Also, you're suggesting that the Dunmer have enough gold to buy a house outside the Grey Quarter. Don't like them spreading their 'filth' through the Stormcloak capital? You're just grasping at straws to validate a flawed idea. You should use this creativity to adjust your perception of the situation. You're ideas are flawed. Your reasoning is flawed. You are making a fool of yourself online. Sorry if I sounded like Dagmar, but you need to hear this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. FullmetalHeart20

Then please tell Rolff that. I don't think he got the memo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Raijin

you know poor people in the real world have no problem getting around :) Just saying.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. FullmetalHeart20

Are we talking about poverty that was perpetuated from racism and discrimination? If that's the case, of course they should run away! What a perfect solution. God forbid one uses their business or let them purchase property. Otherwise they wouldn't be parasites anymore, and what would the citizens of Windhelm complain about then?

20. FullmetalHeart20

How many mer and beast do you think were born in Skyrim? That whole 'Skyrim belong to the Nords!' Thing amounts to an attempt to invalidate a non-Nords claim to where they grew up.