1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by EvilCrazyCows, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Jersey Dagmar

Jersey Dagmar Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!

2. Lifts-Her-Tail

Lifts-Her-Tail Well-Known Member

no it's fine I prefer Stormcloakes to an extent and then I like Imperials as well :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    thatwudbryan: 3 Points (STAY TRUE BLUE!!!!) Dec 12, 2012
  3. thatwudbryan

thatwudbryan yet another skyrim enthusiast

Can their nether-regions be clearly seen after they've fallen in battle? If so, I classify that as a skirt, I'll take the political incorrectness with a smile:)

4. thatwudbryan

Some people call those skirts *shrugs*

5. Docta Corvina

Docta Corvina Well-Known Member

Long shirts = skirts?

Damn, women's clothing marketers have had it very, very wrong all these years. Damn all those mislabeled items!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Docta Corvina

If you removed their subliga (undergarments), then likely yeah. We all know some Celtic warriors also wore their share of sometimes revealing tartans and "skirts" as you might say. ;)

7. Shyrith

Shyrith Ebonhawk

Wouldn't a long shirt be a dress, and not a skirt? Tunic it is!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. thatwudbryan

Off topic but, I firmly stand by my 'if you can see junk clearly underneath, its a damn skirt/kilt/dress'. Furhthur proving Imperials are 'sissies' :rolleyes:. But hey Stormcloaks are racists sooooooo IMPERIAL WIN!!! I guess

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Docta Corvina

The tunics, like the ones you see in game worn even by Nords, just look like skirts on the soldiers because of the way the armor sits about the waist area. :)

Some dresses could qualify as long shirts though for sure, lol!

10. FullmetalHeart20

FullmetalHeart20 Well-Known Member

Seems things have been a bit stressful here. Try to keep this bit of wisdom in mind. It's just a game; we should really just relax. If the debate gets so intense that we're not having fun anymore, we might as well talk about real world problems.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. thatwudbryan

Too relaxed and fun indeed :)

12. Lifts-Her-Tail

it is a debating thread and I do agree that if your not having fun not to carry on, but the whole point is to debate and put across your points of view :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Docta Corvina

I dunno about others, but I'm always having fun in this thread. You just can't see the grins behind the screen nearly every time I jump in here to look around. :p

Skyrim politicking is fun. <3

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Lifts-Her-Tail

agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Mr.Self Destruct

Mr.Self Destruct Chosen Undead

He didn't side with the Stormcloaks because Balgruuf knows and remembers that the Empire was always good to it's provinces and fought long and tirelessly throughout the Great War. He also doesn't like Ulfric or his extremist and brutish personality, as the man pretty much threatens him with the ultimatum of "Join our cause or have your city burned."

In other words, Ulfric is attacking Whiterun because they won't support him.

I also like how you somehow contort his words into he's either using the Imperials to get back at Ulfric when he insults them or he's kissing ass when he gives them praise.

16. Raijin

Raijin A Mage that loves a Templar

Like I said countless of times theirs no room for the Dunmer to live other than the G.Q base on the game settings. You still haven't provided me with a blueprint with with an exact measurements in square meters that I can go on. You still haven't told me other houses that are up for sale other than the one that the Dragonborn gets, and then theirs the question of who will be getting the house that the butcher use to own. After completing the civil war quest under the Stormcloaks Ulfric (Back in Windhelm) told me something that is intriguing. "I need capable and loyal warriors close in hand. So I'd like to offer you a home in Windhelm. Speak with my Steward who will make the arrangement." This indicates that hes reserving houses for active soldiers because he wants immediate backup if for some reason the Imperials comes back with a vengeance or worst the Thalmor. I don't blame Ulfric for reserving the homes in Windhelm for his Stormcloak soldiers. Theirs nothing racial about what hes doing either.

Also owning a home isn't a right but a privilege in Skyrim. You must preform a task that benefits the holds. Go try buying a home in Markarth on your first visit, and hear what Jarl Igmund (An imperial supporting jarl) has to tell you.

[​IMG]
    Most of the Dunmers in Windhelm didn't do jack plops... and they expect to be treated like royalty. Their moochers.

Let me ask you this question. If Ulfric allowed the Dunmer to live wherever they want in his hold.. Where are they suppose to go once they move out of the G.Q? Again I could argue that the Empire is just as guilty if not more for allowing the Thalmor to enter Skyrim, and start herding Talos worshiping citizens into their prisons, or worst killed base on the law that they signed.

Dunmers came to Windhelm... Windhelm didn't go to the Dunmers... like I said. They accepted their living arrangements because they wanted to live in Windhelm, and not anywhere else where. As far as what Squirrel_killer- pointed out regarding to the carriage driver, and what Niranye told me about the Dunmer I'm not going to debate on it anymore. I think it's a waste of time going back and forth. I find Niranye comments to be very valid and relevant... you don't. It's both of our rights to make our own decisions.

[​IMG]
    What this asshole fail to realize is that one of the nord women that got murdered was a nord named Susanna the Wicked. She was steering up business with this ass by telling people in Candlehearth: "You didn't hear it from me, but if you want a real drink, try the Cornerclub in the Gray Quarter."
    [​IMG]

When I hear garbage coming out of the mouths of the Dark elves I do become deaf ears when they complain about their living condition. The only half way decent Dunmers living in Windhelm are Belyn Hlaalu and Idesa Sadri. The rest are trash, and I refuse to show pity for them.

17. Squirrel_killer-

Squirrel_killer- The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat

Raijin, if I took away your rights and oppressed you what would you say if I asked you for help? You would tell me to go fluff myself, anyone would. If you mistreat someone, they will stop caring about your troubles. That is a fact that is proven time and time again in history. In fact Hitler made it seem like the Jewish people were to blame for the state Germany was in after WWI, as a result many people didn't care that the Jewish people were mistreated due to the belief that the Jewish people were to blame for their economic situation. This resulted in many Jewish people ceasing to care about other Germans when Hitler's mistreatment spread to other groups. If you mistreat people they will decide you deserve your fate no matter how terrible. This is the state that the Dunmer have reached. I know my example was a little extreme, but I find extremes get through to people.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Mr.Self Destruct

Mr.Self Destruct Chosen Undead

The funniest part is how he disregards the fact that the first thing that happens when you enter Windhelm is that a duo of Nords are ganging up on a lone Dunmer woman. Threatening her and discriminating her.

Yet, this single dark elf reacts to someone's death with apathy and its oh so terrible.

19. FullmetalHeart20

FullmetalHeart20 Well-Known Member

I'll try to keep it simple Raijin. If a house outside the GQ became available, and a Dunmer could afford it, one would be prohibited by law from buying it. This isn't about the segregation being meaningless because there's nowhere to go anyway. This removes the possibility of them moving to other districts. Let me put it another way. If someone said it was illegal for you to leave the room you're in right now, you'd be upset. Even if you didn't plan on leaving for hours, you still wouldn't be allowed to move.

20. Raijin

Raijin A Mage that loves a Templar

It has nothing to do with the way their being treated.

Read the transcript
    Rolff: "You come here where you're not wanted, you eat our food, you pollute our city with your stink and you refuse to help the Stormcloaks."
    Suvaris: "But we haven't taken a side because it's not our fight."
    Angrenor: "Hey, maybe the reason these gray-skins don't help in the war is because they're Imperial spies!"
    Suvaris: "Imperial spies? You can't be serious!"
    Rolff: "Maybe we'll pay you a visit tonight, little spy. We got ways of finding out what you really are."

According to Suvaris this war is nord based. Dunmers shouldn't be getting involved because it's not their war to fight... To me thats a selfish reason NOT to fight. I highly doubt that they show any concern or pity on fellow nords who became the victim of the Thalmor because a dying Empire banned the worship of Talos.

I bet if the Empire banned the worship of Azura, and allowed the Thalmor to slaughter their people it would be a whole different set of strings.

The court wizard in Dawnstar said something very similar to what Suvaris said after Skald pushed her to use her destruction magic to help the stormcloaks. She said that shes a Breton, and that this isn't her war to fight.

If you ask Rolff why he hates the Dunmers so much he tells you "They're parasites. They're living in our city, under our protection, but what do they do for us? Nothing! I know the High King invited them here, but he didn't ask me or anyone else first. Maybe he should have."

That is a pretty valid statement. Perhabsa if they shared some of their weight then maybe they would be treated with respect. Respect is earned... well for me that is.

You then question him as of his suspicion of the Dunmer being an Imperial spy: "Wouldn't surprise me. They've done nothing to help in the fight for Skyrim's freedom. Those Thalmor are elves, too. I bet they're working together. Maybe I should round up some men and take us a few prisoners to interrogate."