Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Docta Corvina

But m'lady Docta how else will I pad my posting numbers :sadface:

Aww haha, I'm saying let's keep this thing open for business! :D I have a rather scrappy nature when it comes to politics. :oops: So even with the goofiness and the raging, I say let's keep it all going. As I said earlier to Raijin, many of us on opposing sides can just as easily jump back into the Shoutbox together and BS when we're not in here. It's all good!

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
At leats we all joined the Companions :)

Lifts-Her-Tail

Hey guys I'm kinda new to the forums and I saw this thread and said OMG! I have had a peak at some of the comments and I have to agree with the Imperials because well like they are just awesome looking and I think the Stormcloakes were maybe a bit hasty with the whole rebellion thing ;)

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I don't think the rational point of all of this is that "Both Sides have their Horrible points to them".

The real point is "Both Sides are Awesome as Hell!" it's true ..my 2 cents.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
On the black and white scale. they are grey... even if Imperials have better equiptment, honor the memory of Martin and Uriel Septim... :D etc.

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
ok so now we Know Ozan is for the Thalmor :D
Libel is rude in all cultures. Ozan dislikes Elf types for they are untrustworthy in his eyes. Avoid such accusations in the future, even if the words were spoken in jest.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Khajiits are part of the Aldermeri Dominion... you said Khajiit reasons... and you dislike either of the kingdoms of men... it may be assumptions but still context clues

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
Who said Khajiit disliked the Stormcloak Nord? Ozan finds himself agreeing with the treatment of the Dunmer slaver and filthy Argonian. It's worth mentioning that the Stormcloak Nord did not intend to allow Khajiit in Stormcloak cities, but Stormcloak has never claimed Khajiit cities as Stormcloak cities. Unlike the Colovian types in Bravil and Leyawiin. Those cities should be returned to Khajiit before Colovian earns any trust from Ozan.

Besides, Colovian Nord types refuse to trust Khajiit as well. Racism is everywhere it seems. At least Stormcloak Nord types don't attempt beheading Ozan for nothing. The Colovian Nord enjoys the sight if the beheaded quite well, having forsake their own traditions to do so with a door Nord.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I actually was going to call it a day with the Niranye thing as well, because I too was starting to feel the tedium of it all. We may never see eye to eye on any of this overarching debate. But on the other hand, I'm scrappy as hell and will keep coming back to this thread for more. What's awesome is that outside of this thread, we are perfectly civil and friendly. :D

We may not see eye 2 eye regarding to elders scrolls fictional politics, but we do have something in common.... we've both share a trait of Nord deep within our hearts and soul :D Were both stubborn and scrappy as hell when it comes down to what we truly believe in. I think I've received more than half of my post count points on this thread debating over how the Stormcloaks are right. At the end we both know that this is indeed, a fictional reality. Theirs no need to hate over our different set of ideas because after all NONE of us are wrong... as far as choosing which sides we want to be on. Theirs no negative consequences (Not that were aware of at the very moment) whatsoever. After all whoever the Dragonborn chooses becomes either the Stormcloaks champion or the Empires. And that team will win the fight against the Thalmor later on in the game.
TESV2012-12-0121-44-27-10.png

This is for the next time we meet up in the shoutbox :D Have some black-brier mead :) It's all on me :)

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
the next time we meet up in the shoutbox Have some black-brier mead It's all on me

Ozan wishes not to stray nor pry, but if one Nord brings spirits, how is it on the other Nord?

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I thought about creating a whole new thread, but then I realize that it's just another Imperial vs Stormcloak related topic so I'll post it here instead :)

Did Jarl Balgruuf The Greater insulted the Imperials to their faces?

I'm reading up some of the transcript that I can find on uesp, and I couldn't help but to start cracking up over what he said in the beginning of Battle for Whiterun.

Skyrim:Legate Quentin Cipius - UESPWiki

Quentin: "They have catapults."
Balgruuf: "Damnit. Where'd they get catapults? The city walls are already falling apart as it is."
Quentin: "My scouts tell me they're loading them with fire."
Balgruuf: "So, he wants to take my city, walls intact."
Quentin: "The men will be fighting in flames."
Balgruuf: "My men are fearless. It's the Imperial milk drinkers I'm worried about." (Why didn't he just sided with Ulfric stormcloak if he truly thinks like this?)
Quentin: "If you prefer I took my men and left..."
Balgruuf: "No. Of course not. Just - don't let me down Cipius. We'll need to set up water brigades to combat the flames."
Quentin: "Already taken care of."
Balgruuf: "You Imperials are efficient, I'll give you that. How long until they arrive?" (After he just insulted the imperials by calling them milk drinkers he starts kissing ass)

So tell me something... Is Balgruuf using the Empire to get back at Ulfric?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Only in your opinion.
It's not my opinion. It's a fact. The Dunmer don't have equal rights with regards to where they are allowed to live in Windhelm. Every other race except the Argonians can live anywhere in Windhelm. That means they don't have equal rights.
What's the inequality am I missing out on? Because they live in the ghetto? If thats the fact then I'm going to sign a petition to impeach my state governor for letting low income and poor people live in poverty stricken neighborhoods.
Do you not understand the difference between people living in a ghetto because of economic conditions and people being herded into an area because they're not allowed to live anywhere else by law?
It's not pointless nor an irrelevant observation. You refuse to acknowledge that it is in fact relevant.
It is irrelevant. Apparently you simply lack the capacity to understand why.
Yes they have a choice to move, but they choose not to.
Not within Windhelm they don't. The law isn't there to keep them from living at the docks, it's there to keep them in the Gray Quarter.
I'm starting to think that your favorite word is "Irrelevant" you seem to use it a lot when you're in a disagreement with someones post.
No, it's a word I use when someone says something that doesn't address the issue and is completely tangential. Something you do with great frequency.
The fact is theirs no available houses that are up for sale at the moment, and even if their was one I don't think the Dunmers can afford it. 1 already admitted that he's poor... and poor people can't afford to buy a mansion.
The fact is that the lack of availability of houses isn't a reason to not rescind the segregation law. The whole point of rescinding the law is to give the Dunmer the right to live anywhere in Windhelm. The same right that all others save the Argonians have. The lack of which undeniably and irrefutable speaks to the fact that they are not treated equally. In case the meaning escapes you, equally means in every aspect not just some, so your example where you get arrested for breaking into a Dunmer home is meaningless as it doesn't magically change the reality that they don't have the same residential rights as others in Windhelm by law not economic circumstance.
You're avoiding the question and so I'm going to repeat myself yet again. Can you prove to me that Ulfric refuses to sell homes (Outside the Grey quarters) to the Dark elves?
NPC's indicate that the Dunmer are forced to live in the Gray Quarter if they want to live in Windhelm. Squirrel_killer- provided one example and your only responses were to point out Niranye's opinion about the Dunmer which, even if taken as fact, does absolutely nothing to contradict what the Alfarinn says, and the same old tired and logically flawed argument that Alfarinn must be wrong because you don't want to accept what he says. That's no more valid a counterargument than your logically flawed argument about Ulfric never having massacred non-combatants because there's no additional evidence besides The Bear of Markarth, notwithstanding that there's literally absolutely nothing in the game or lore to refute it. Put another way, what evidence do you have that Ulfric doesn't refuse to sell homes outside of the Gray Quarter to the Dunmer that live within it? You don't have any because it doesn't exist.

There's additional evidence from other NPC's in the game even if you want to be deaf to it. For example, when you ask Aval Atheron "You live in the Gray Quarter?" He responds "I'm a Dark Elf and I live in Windhelm, so yes, I live in the Gray Quarter. You must be new around here or you'd know they don't let my kind live anywhere outside that slum." Your dismissive attitude to the lore when you don't like what it's telling you about Ulfric notwithstanding, it clearly establishes that he does enforce a segregation policy against the Dunmer and that he is therefore on some level a racist. You can make all the excuses you want as to why you won't accept what the game presents to you but it doesn't make your claims any less false.

FullmetalHeart20

Wait a min here. Are you trying to tell me that the Dunmers of Windhelm are completely innocent? Are you telling me that their pure and have done NO illegal activities whatsoever? That's funny because I remember selling 6 Skoomas (That I took from a group of bandits) to the Dunmer pawn store owner for money. To that respects their no different then the high elf, and her business with the TG. Also I had to break in some cranky old woman's house and return her stolen ring. An addition If I have 90 Speech (If my character had a golden tongue) with Fence perk I can barter with them to buy my stolen items.
You do realize that works for everyone, right? Everyone in game buys Skooma, and Golden Tongue let's one sell stolen goods to everyone. It's completely homogenous.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts