1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by EvilCrazyCows, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Jurgarik Greycloak

Jurgarik Greycloak Techno master of Tamriel.

I will agree somewhat, but I also wish there was more. We have some treasures with the TG, but what if there was a Treasure Hunter's Guild or something like that? And I am not talking about mods.

2. Daelon DuLac

Daelon DuLac How do you backstab a Dragon?

Count me in Anci! I'll be there with bells on (as usual). Luv Den.

3. poltergoose

poltergoose New Member

Ulfric is actually a Thalmor agent too. Given that I guess the "right" side is the Imperials but I can never join them in vanilla Skyrim because they try to kill the player in the beginning and that pisses me off.

4. Ancano

Ancano High Justiciar

Someone on here once gave us the idea that you actually may have deserved that axe, regardless of Ulfric's involvement. There's a couple videos on YouTube that also suggest this theory and attempt to expand on it. One clue is the fact that -you- have a DB contract against you from the very beginning of the game.

5. SkyrimShark85

SkyrimShark85 Member

I just wanted to throw a crazy metaphor into this thread. I think the stormcloaks and the imperials are like the bloods and the crips of skyrim. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

6. Dr77k

Dr77k Member

I side with the Stormcloaks because my ideals seam to line up with theirs. The reason Nords are stereotypical is because of past events caused by those races (at least that's how I see it). I'm not saying I support these stereotypes but I understand their view point. I could say more but you can just ask me questions if you wanna know about specific things.

7. JackOf Roses

JackOf Roses New Member

It's really a tough call for me. I hate Ulfric's disdain for non-Nords, and I hate the Empire's banning of Talos worship. I like Ralof more than Hadvir, and Ulfric more than Tullius, but that's balanced by thinking that a Stormcloak victory would work to the advantage of the Thalmor. So it's pretty close. In the end, I usually go with the Imperials because I don't want to disappoint Balgruff. He seems like such a nice old guy. But I wish there were a line of dialog where I could tell Ulfric, "Dude, I'm sorry, I wish I could have been on your side."