illusion assassin help

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Derpo

Hi id like to make a typical assassin, but one that uses the power of illusion to make friends into foes. ive tried various times and cant seem to make a decent char, i mean i use the lover stone for the 15% bonus to all but i really dont use fury that much since i have to use my bow, am i forced to replace my bow or one of my hands with illusion for it to be successful? can anyone give me a good build?

Necromis

ah, but you need fury/fear/calm to do this properly. I would use the hot keys to switch between them. Also you have to work up to the quet cast perk as quickly as possible. Remember if you are hidden in the shadows and don't have that perk you can still use the spells but they can be heard so you have to be very careful and very hidden. I actually leveled up illusion against the bear in the cave of helgem. I had out run my fellow traveller on the way out. So even though the eye would start to open being in stealth kept the bear from finding me. So fury, wait for eye to close, and cast again. Be sure to move locations if they are homing in on you.

Derpo

ah, but you need fury/fear/calm to do this properly. I would use the hot keys to switch between them. Also you have to work up to the quet cast perk as quickly as possible. Remember if you are hidden in the shadows and don't have that perk you can still use the spells but they can be heard so you have to be very careful and very hidden. I actually leveled up illusion against the bear in the cave of helgem. I had out run my fellow traveller on the way out. So even though the eye would start to open being in stealth kept the bear from finding me. So fury, wait for eye to close, and cast again. Be sure to move locations if they are homing in on you.
I aperciate you trying to help but i dont think you understand my dilemma, im aware of how illusion functions its just i dont know how to build my char, im also on xbox. As for what i was speaking about i figured illusion replaces either your off hand or bow.

This is kinda a starting point for an Assassin/Illusionist that I would use: Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

It's good to have the lover's stone for this kind of build since you will be using skills under all three signs. This is just kinda something to give you ideas. You can invest in archery or destruction if you want for ranged damage, but remember you can get sneak bonuses for archery. It's also a good point to bring up that Vamprisim, while sometimes challenging can benefit this kind of build a lot! Sneaking and illusion magic will both greatly benefit from being a vampire.

Now, more about specific skills... I don't dual weild daggers, but you can (it's unweildy and seems over powered for me). But dual weilding works for some... it just seems unnecessary for this build to me, since you can one hit kill a lot of things with a backstab and assassin's blade perk anyway. You can go all the way into the sneak tree, but some people find the light foot, silent roll and the other two perks on that side a little pointless once you get that good at sneaking. You don't really need too much in light armor, since idealy you wont be getting in to direct confrontation too much.

Now about illusion: dual casting illusion spells is important. This will allow you to affect higher level enemies with your spells. Illusion spells can be your friend a lot. You can calm enemies if you are in danger or make them run away. Obviously muffle and invisibility help sneaking a lot. There is nothing more fun for me than using fury to make enemies kill eachother also. Silent casting is important for this build too!

One last thing, you may or may not want to invest in the master level illusion spells. Dual casting the expert level spells will allow you to affect higher level foes since you cant dual cast master level ones. The only thing that master level spells give you is greater AOE.

Any questions?

wakka

damn nature you scary
i have just started this same sort of char, i use fury/dagger for the low mobs and just the bow for the mini bosses etc. so if you want to stick with the bow your have to get use to changing all the time. looking back on this char i shouldn't have put perks in to the bow tree and stuck with daggers, get fed up with changing every two mins in dungeons. so if i was you i would use daggers, you can calm the monster then back stab it :p

Derpo

This is kinda a starting point for an Assassin/Illusionist that I would use: Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

It's good to have the lover's stone for this kind of build since you will be using skills under all three signs. This is just kinda something to give you ideas. You can invest in archery or destruction if you want for ranged damage, but remember you can get sneak bonuses for archery. It's also a good point to bring up that Vamprisim, while sometimes challenging can benefit this kind of build a lot! Sneaking and illusion magic will both greatly benefit from being a vampire.

Now, more about specific skills... I don't dual weild daggers, but you can (it's unweildy and seems over powered for me). But dual weilding works for some... it just seems unnecessary for this build to me, since you can one hit kill a lot of things with a backstab and assassin's blade perk anyway. You can go all the way into the sneak tree, but some people find the light foot, silent roll and the other two perks on that side a little pointless once you get that good at sneaking. You don't really need too much in light armor, since idealy you wont be getting in to direct confrontation too much.

Now about illusion: dual casting illusion spells is important. This will allow you to affect higher level enemies with your spells. Illusion spells can be your friend a lot. You can calm enemies if you are in danger or make them run away. Obviously muffle and invisibility help sneaking a lot. There is nothing more fun for me than using fury to make enemies kill eachother also. Silent casting is important for this build too!

One last thing, you may or may not want to invest in the master level illusion spells. Dual casting the expert level spells will allow you to affect higher level foes since you cant dual cast master level ones. The only thing that master level spells give you is greater AOE.

Any questions?
Dual wielding daggers is OP? i heard it was Underpowered also, so illusion should be my secondary weapon? aside dagger? should i invest at all in the one hand tree?

Dual wielding daggers is OP? i heard it was Underpowered also, so illusion should be my secondary weapon? aside dagger? should i invest at all in the one hand tree?
Well with all the perks you can get for dual weilding, some people end up one hit killing absolutely everything in the game, including dragons sometimes. Yes you should invest in one hand... specifically Armsman and Fighting stance (Dual Flurry and Dual Savagery too if you choose to dual wield). I usually tend to keep a dagger in one hand and invisiblilty or another illusion spell in the other.

wakka

damn nature you scary
yeah dual daggers (15x back stab)+calm=op

Derpo

Well with all the perks you can get for dual weilding, some people end up one hit killing absolutely everything in the game, including dragons sometimes. Yes you should invest in one hand... specifically Armsman and Fighting stance (Dual Flurry and Dual Savagery too if you choose to dual wield). I usually tend to keep a dagger in one hand and invisiblilty or another illusion spell in the other.
So i should make exstensive use of illusion to keep it leveling? i do like the idea of using just a dagger. also should i go resto due to my magic usage.((and silent casting)) or alchemy? i wanted to keep it Rpish and be a master poisoner and potion maker. but id rather the wisdom of someone who knows.

Derpo

yeah dual daggers (15x back stab)+calm=op
dual wielding daggers ups backstab?? i didnt even think dual wielding daggers had any significance besides looking cool

So i should make exstensive use of illusion to keep it leveling? i do like the idea of using just a dagger. also should i go resto due to my magic usage.((and silent casting)) or alchemy? i wanted to keep it Rpish and be a master poisoner and potion maker. but id rather the wisdom of someone who knows.
I've never really invested in the alchemy tree, so I can't tell you much about it :eek: Restoration can be helpful, and I use it when I can. Also if you choose to go the vampire route (which if it even interests you a little, I would whole-heartedly reccomend) restoration, specifically the Necromage perk helps a lot. See, when you are a vampire, you count as undead. So, the Necromage perk effects you. Meaning that potions, enchanted equipment, spells, standing stones, and a few other things I can't think of will have greater effect on you. :D

dual wielding daggers ups backstab?? i didnt even think dual wielding daggers had any significance besides looking cool
You can power attack with both daggers, which does 2X damage. Meaning if you have two daedric daggers you get double the individual dagger damage + backstab damage + the multiplyer from the Assassin's blade perk. :eek:

Derpo

You can power attack with both daggers, which does 2X damage. Meaning if you have two daedric daggers you get double the individual dagger damage + backstab damage + the multiplyer from the Assassin's blade perk. :eek:
i see. also ive tried being a vampire really big hassle and it seems the hassle isnt really worth it. to many times i fast traveled and ended up at lvl 4 vampirism and got mauled by guards and i even try to keep an eye on it. just seems like such a hassle. that. and i can only feed on sleeping npcs. which half the time they're mentally retarded and wont sleep despite it being 1-3 in the morning even worse those damn kids. never sleep they're like watchdogs.

i see. also ive tried being a vampire really big hassle and it seems the hassle isnt really worth it. to many times i fast traveled and ended up at lvl 4 vampirism and got mauled by guards and i even try to keep an eye on it. just seems like such a hassle. that. and i can only feed on sleeping npcs. which half the time they're mentally retarded and wont sleep despite it being 1-3 in the morning even worse those damn kids. never sleep they're like watchdogs.
Haha that's true. But if you get attacked by all of the town people, the beauty of your Calm spell will come in handy! Also, if you know where to look for sleeping people, it becomes easier. I got into the habit of never fast travelling while a vampire since that can cause problems :p

Derpo

Haha that's true. But if you get attacked by all of the town people, the beauty of your Calm spell will come in handy! Also, if you know where to look for sleeping people, it becomes easier. I got into the habit of never fast travelling while a vampire since that can cause problems :p
Calm wont work on 20 pissed off guards lol XD

Derpo

another question how much should i invest in magicka?

wakka

damn nature you scary
i use invisibility when plops hit's the fan then pick lock a house if its night or just run out the city if its day, i also feed every time i see someone sleeping, you even find a few bandits sleeping in dungeons while on quests.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts