• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I'd be a powerful Intellectual Archer Mage living in Rorikstead. I would own every book in Skyrim and possess every spell for sale. I would benevolently step in to save the world when politely asked.

The man

I am the man. I am everything...
I would like to be a wandering blacksmith....you know some guy who wanders from place to place adventuring and exploring. And if he needs to earn some coin he simply does some blacksmithing.

Sven

Real-life Nord
Don't know.Im a pretty strong guy but life in skyrim is tough,I'd probably get killed on my way from one city to another.

But I would probably end up a city guard.

jarif

Don't know.Im a pretty strong guy but life in skyrim is tough,I'd probably get killed on my way from one city to another.

But I would probably end up a city guard.

May this code, serve you well...
arkne.jpg

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I'd be a vampire. Call me crazy, weird, whatever, but that's what I'd be. I'd find a way. At least, if I lived long enough. Skyrim has a knack for untimely deaths. Knowing my luck, those damn skeevers would own my butt before I even got out of Whiterun. Dirty little poodle-sized vermin! :)

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
If we actually lived in Skyrim, what type of person do you think you'd be? Would you be a simple farmer, blacksmith, or shop owner? Would you join a side in the civil war? An adventurer?

What got me thinking about this was the concept of Roleplaying in general. It seems that (most) people RP as someone they would likely never be, and it made me wonder how I would act if I lived in Skyrim.

I really don't think I'd end up as an adventurer. I'm a big baby, and at the first sign of a Frostbite Spider or Cave Bear, I'd be high-tailing it home. I do love acquiring knowledge though, I think I would likely end up as a student at the College of Winterhold, possibly exploring old ruins and collecting rare books. I would like to think I'd be an adept Conjurer, as well as skilled with Restoration. I wouldn't carry anything more deadly than a simple Dagger as a weapon. I don't think I'd mess with Enchanting or Smithing, but I'd dabble in Alchemy. I think my clothing would be pretty simple, a mix between College robes and regular clothes, and probably a lower-end circlet. I think I'd just want to live a humble life, learning all that I could in my lifetime. :) I wouldn't mind having an intellectual husband (maybe an ex-adventurer) and a kid or two. I'd likely want to make my "forever" home in either Whiterun or Falkreath... I couldn't live up in the snow.

What about you guys? What would you be like if you actually lived in Skyrim?

Um....I DO live in Skyrim.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
If we actually lived in Skyrim, what type of person do you think you'd be? Would you be a simple farmer, blacksmith, or shop owner? Would you join a side in the civil war? An adventurer?

What got me thinking about this was the concept of Roleplaying in general. It seems that (most) people RP as someone they would likely never be, and it made me wonder how I would act if I lived in Skyrim.

I really don't think I'd end up as an adventurer. I'm a big baby, and at the first sign of a Frostbite Spider or Cave Bear, I'd be high-tailing it home. I do love acquiring knowledge though, I think I would likely end up as a student at the College of Winterhold, possibly exploring old ruins and collecting rare books. I would like to think I'd be an adept Conjurer, as well as skilled with Restoration. I wouldn't carry anything more deadly than a simple Dagger as a weapon. I don't think I'd mess with Enchanting or Smithing, but I'd dabble in Alchemy. I think my clothing would be pretty simple, a mix between College robes and regular clothes, and probably a lower-end circlet. I think I'd just want to live a humble life, learning all that I could in my lifetime. :) I wouldn't mind having an intellectual husband (maybe an ex-adventurer) and a kid or two. I'd likely want to make my "forever" home in either Whiterun or Falkreath... I couldn't live up in the snow.

What about you guys? What would you be like if you actually lived in Skyrim?

Um....I DO live in Skyrim.
Meet me at Blackbriar's in Riften and we'll swap stories. :)

JoeReese

I've been thinking about this for a while now. It costs 10 Septims a night for a room at the inn. The innkeepers give me 5 ea. for firewood. I think I'd chop wood for about 2 minutes a day, take it inside, get enough money to pay for my room, dinner, and a tidy profit, and then go crash out in my room. Winning! Oh, and pass the mead.

Kaelbu

Realistically...
I'd live very close to either Falkreath or Riverwood (most like the weather I'm used to now) in a modest cabin with my husband and child. He would most likely be an aspiring bard, but would end up hunting game and chopping wood to support us. I would be a wimp and not adventure. However, I'd have a really good weapon on me all the time for protection. I'd also try my hand at alchemy and would definitely hone my Restoration skill.
And we would have a husky. That is all.

nightmare16

here have a cookie :)
i wanna say dark brotherhood but im to caring to hurt anyone much less take there life so id probably be a blacksmith who works all day and drinks all night lol

Nephor The Shadow Stalker

Strike swiftly and silently.
I'd most likely be a ranger considering I was a ranger in the army. With my bow and a dagger living off the land and ambushing bandits. Going to the city to sell some loot and other goods and maybe lend my talents to the locals for some extra gold for supplies the wild can't offer. :)

Sven

Real-life Nord
Um people actually misunderstand the idea of the post...It means if YOU yourself lived in Skyrim,with your capability,with your body.

People talk about being great mages or mercenary soldiers and plops......most probably you will not even manage to lift a sword and hold a shield,not to mention your chances on winning a bear or wolfpack attack.

Be real.

Lucid

Um people actually misunderstand the idea of the post...It means if YOU yourself lived in Skyrim,with your capability,with your body.

People talk about being great mages or mercenary soldiers and pl***......most probably you will not even manage to lift a sword and hold a shield,not to mention your chances on winning a bear or wolfpack attack.

Be real.

I spent much of my childhood trying to use The Force, thinking that if I just tried hard enough, and practiced long enough...

I don't think it's unrealistic to say that if I grew up in Skyrim with the chance to study actual magical abilities, I would have done that and become a great Mage. If its possible to blow things up with my mind, I'm gonna learn how :)

IRL I'm a pretty good shot with a wrist-rocket, so I'd probably fashion one of those and wrangle steel balls for it from one of the Smiths.

I wield a knife well against inanimate objects and in food prep, it's not a stretch to say that I would carry a dagger in Skyrim both as a tool and protection.

I'm sure I would do some fishing, and wandering around in the mountains, because I do those things now.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I think I could be a bard in the Bard's College. Plus gear is actually not as heavy as most people think it is. I learned that through reading a book :D

I doubt I would be an adventurer and cold I can bear but prefer no to. That leaves me judging from the climates with a few holds. Riften, Whiterun, Falkreath, and Markarth off the top of my head.
I could be a thief but something tells me fear of the guards would keep me in line. Honestly it depends on were I was placed. Assuming I wasn't killed by xenophobic Nords who couldn't recognize my race, I would do decently. I mean I would go on a quest, but not be an adventurer if that makes sense. I mean if I had to I would get in shape. Basically that Bilbo Baggins character.

Dying ain't my style.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Thief of Virtue.

Realistically, I wouldn't last long in Skyrim. Dragons, trolls, bears, wolves, civil war, bandits, assassins, crazy necromancers, but worst of all...the cold.

My survival ability from living in Australia doesn't cover cold. 100% weakness to frost. Unless one of the people in this thread who are becoming smart wizards create some climate change, I am staying in Cyrodiil.

If Skyrim was like this then it'd be funny to live there.

JClarke1953

People talk about being great mages or mercenary soldiers and pl***......most probably you will not even manage to lift a sword and hold a shield,not to mention your chances on winning a bear or wolfpack attack.

Be real.

Well, I'm 60 now...but say 40-year's ago, I think I'd have been an Adventurer. A pack horse, decent weaponry and skills and perhaps a Wolfhound. I'd wander Skyrim, exploring caves and ruins, then trading finds for coin, or for pleasure.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts