Spoiler Ice Formed Serana one too many times...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chadonraz

I was on my way to Castle Volkihar with Serana, during "Kindred Judgment" (DG side). On the road in the hills of Haafingar I kinda miscalculated an encounter and ended up with a 40 gold bounty.

I decided to spend the night (it was around midnight) in Rimerock and in the morning head back to Dragon Bridge to pay off the bounty.
After I exited the cave in the morning, I used Ice Form (all three Words) on Serana to prevent her from attacking anyone - I knew normally non-hostile NPCs would most likely insta-aggro on me because of the recent bounty.

Later, after I'd been teleported to Solitude and left the city, I used Ice Form again, just because I found it really fun. :D

Even later at Castle Volkihar Serana was nowhere to be seen. She didn't appear when I entered the castle, nor did she show up to confront her father, whom I then fought on my own (gotta love how he triggers dragon battle music :D).

I've now been fast-travelling around Skyrim (including both DG faction HQs) after completing the quest(line), but still no Serana. I asked Lydia to follow me, but like I suspected, she told me I already had someone with me.

Now I've got two options: continue from here, unable to have a non-quest follower OR go back to an earlier save and re-do everything from that night spent in Rimerock. Decisions, decisions...
I hardly ever use followers, so continuing from here is tempting...

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
Try going to jail. I lost a follower (I can't remember who it was) and tried every trick in the book to find the person but no luck. Then I looked up the jail trick:

1. Punch a Guard (I did it in Riften, so I would try my luck there first)
2. Spend jail time
3. Get out and buh-bam! There she should be.

Notes:

-For step one you don't need to actually punch a guard. Hell just stealing an apple then dropping it will do. I did this in Ivarstead.

-On step 2, it's been noticed that sometimes followers will show up outside or inside of your jail cell instead of outside the guard barracks. If this happens, after you serve your time they should still follow you normally as if you just visited the barracks and weren't actually in jail.

-On another note I wouldn't try breaking out of jail, something could go wrong. In my experience when I sometimes use a shortcut or break out of something it blows back up in my face.

I hope this helped! :)

Brewman

Do I look worried?
Things like that are why I save the game in several different locations now, I messed up fooling around one time and had to drop back 25 levels to regroup because that was the save I could use to undo my screw up, was a little mad! But for my next number I'm going to turn into a Lycan in front of Serana and see what happens:)

Chadonraz

I eventually decided to just do it all again, since I only needed to go to DB and then destroy the vamps with the DG. Besides, like I said, I enjoy fighting to that dragon battle music. :)

This experience was definitely yet another reason for me to adventure on my own.

JClarke1953

Well, you never know where you'll run into her. She may show up with you in a ruin or cave. Or she might be at Dawnguard Castle, waiting.

Sven

Real-life Nord
There was no need to do it all again,She was just catching up,all you had to do is sleep and wait and she would come in 2 days max.

I had that happen with Mjoll once when I exited a cave while she was still fighting some bears.
I had to wait 3 days for her to catch up.

When that happens,the more you change your position by fast traveling the harder youre making it for your follower to find you.

JClarke1953

We were running from Whitehall to Solitude yesterday, and I had to run back for her a couple of times. Serana (my only love) would get hung up at a boulder or log at times.

Chadonraz

We were running from Whitehall to Solitude yesterday, and I had to run back for her a couple of times. Serana (my only love) would get hung up at a boulder or log at times.

Some NPCs simply have terrible pathing. I've never really had that problem with Serana, but if I dare accept a "Dragon Seekers" quest... :rolleyes:

One of the reasons I don't use followers.

JClarke1953

Which reminds me, we've not had to battle a Dragon for "day's". We've seen them flying overhead, and perhaps hover to nail a Troll, Bandit or Forsworn. But they've not come after us/me for some reason (I've yet to install Dragonborn. Working Dawnguard for now, Harkon is dead as is Alduin).

There is still much for us to do, somewhere, as we run into people as we travel whose home's were shattered by a Dragon. Then again, short of going to Dawnguard for assignments, we've yet to run into a Vampire within any township, or on the road (we run, no carts, no fast-travel). Just the occasional Bandit, Thalmor or "old Orc".

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts