I think Jarl Balgruuf is a douche.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I still find it confusing that it is such a passionate debate. I don't even involve myself in it as I just know that my opinions are not as well informed nor as strong as some of our compatriots.

It is kind of funny that, no matter the subject matter of a particular thread, inevitably we swing back to this debate.

Not a criticism by any means. I just find it interesting that this particular subject is such a hot button.

For all you long term ES players - has this been the case with any of the others in the series?

I would be really interested to know. :D

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
The Stormcloak vs Imperials is a plague. It spreads from thread to thread, disturbing the balance of peace. First there is an urge in the heart to fight, the first symptom. If you don't stop then Talos bless your soul. The second symptom is a pain in the eyes and the third is to the brain. If the plague doesn't kill your brain then it will haunt you forever. You may run, but the plague keeps attracting you like a moth. You can never escape, so remember, STAY AWAY FROM THE URGE!!!!!!!

Seriously guys, can't we just fight in one thread?

By complaining about it you are equally responsible for spreading the Imperials vs Stormcloak debate from thread to thread :) You are equally responsible for being guilty of derailing the thread by submitting these kind of posts. If people do not reply to an off topic respond threads like this one would've thrived in a peaceful manner.

Instead of bitching about it, how about attempting to get this thread back in motion by posting a rebuttal that can possibly get this thread back on track? I notice that you like Balgruuf... why? Why do you like him?

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
By complaining about it you are equally responsible for spreading the Imperials vs Stormcloak debate from thread to thread :) You are equally responsible for being guilty of derailing the thread. If people do not reply to an off topic respond threads like this one would've thrived in a peaceful manner.

Instead of bitching about it, how about attempting to get this thread back in motion by posting a rebuttal that can possibly get this thread back on track? I notice that you like Balgruuf... why? Why do you like him?
Because he's honorable, and he fights back evil. See how he kept the Ebony Blade locked up for years. He listens to his people, he sent guards immediately to Riverwood when you reported Dragons. He is a true Nord, he insisted on fighting the Stormcloaks alone but he realized he needed help from the Imperials. He made me thane and got me a hot (yet annoying) housecarl. He is one of the 'knowledgeable' Jarls who realize a united Empire is stronger then a broken one, and that Skyrim would never live on it's own without the help of the Empire

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Because he's honorable, and he fights back evil. See how he kept the Ebony Blade locked up for years. He listens to his people, he sent guards immediately to Riverwood when you reported Dragons. He is a true Nord, he insisted on fighting the Stormcloaks alone but he realized he needed help from the Imperials. He made me thane and got me a hot (yet annoying) housecarl. He is one of the 'knowledgeable' Jarls who realize a united Empire is stronger then a broken one, and that Skyrim would never live on it's own without the help of the Empire

He's not very good at fighting back evil when he doesn't even realize that the Daedric artifact that he has locked up right near his children room is heavily influencing one of his children, Nelkir. Balgruuf and his trusted wizard aren't very bright, since they do not know whats truly going on.

Epic Keith

He's not very good at fighting back evil when he doesn't even realize that the Daedric artifact that he has locked up right near his children room is heavily influencing one of his children, Nelkir. Balgruuf and his trusted wizard aren't very bright, since they do not know whats truly going on.
Daedra wins over every soul, I killed my friends just for the Ebony Blade. Nothing could save Nelkir, nothing :rolleyes:

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
I swear, Drunkenmage and Rajin, you guys are just copy/pasting your exact posts from the Imperials vs Stormcloaks thread a while back .. :p

Daelon DuLac

WHAT! There's a daedric artifact in Dragonsreach! I had no idea.

Epic Keith

WHAT! There's a daedric artifact in Dragonsreach! I had no idea.
The Ebony Blade, Daedric artifact of Mephala, it's a shame Bethesda didn't make it up to it's full potential. I'd go swinging Wuthrad or Volendruug instead of the Ebony Blade, It looks awesome but it's effects? Not so much

Docta Corvina

I swear, Drunkenmage and Rajin, you guys are just copy/pasting your exact posts from the Imperials vs Stormcloaks thread a while back .. :p

Well, you know...it's similar to whack-a-mole, really. Stormies get smashed in Main Thread, they run to the next. Get smashed there, they run to the next. They eventually end up back at the Main Thread, so the cycle begins anew.

It's all rather predictable. :p

Also, to be on topic - Balgruuf is a BAMF. That is all.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Well, you know...it's similar to whack-a-mole, really. Stormies get smashed in Main Thread, they run to the next. Get smashed there, they run to the next. They eventually end up back at the Main Thread, so the cycle begins anew.

They flee to other threads to hide from us. Big bad Docta just makes them scared :p

Daelon DuLac

Oooooo.... Smack down for Stormies, eh? Ya dern Empire lova!

Daelon DuLac

They flee to other threads to hide from us. Big bad Docta just makes them scared :p
I repeat my statement to you that I gave to Docta Covina! All hail the smackers!

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo

I like the color green.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Raijin's arguments don't count. He'll attack anything if it doesn't put Ulfric in the best light. Hating on the Greybeards, hating on Kodlak and the Companions, hating on the Nordic God Tsun, hating on Jarl Balgruuf, hating on the Empire for what Ulfric did in the Markarth Incident. Hating on the Empire for rejecting the Thalmor ultimatum, hating on the Empire for going for peace, hating on Titus Mede II for being one signature out of many on the treaty. Hating on Torygg because he's corrupt, even though there is strong evidence to suggest Torygg would of gone independent.

You're now invalid Raijin, I have labeled you thus. As every single Imperial coin states, 'THE EMPIRE IS LAW. THE LAW IS SACRED.'

I<3U Raijin, but you're invalid cause you're a Stormcloak. Silly Stormcloaks, only Citizens of the Empire may involve themselves in political debate.

tumblr_mf5sy6zG3D1qzvbepo1_500.png

When a Jarl faces down the Legendary Dragonborn, in full battle gear. You don't be disrespecting that. Balls of steel.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts